Color changing text for blue to red

I want to take a part of a form I am making and have the title line only go
from blue on the left side to red on the right side.  I tried word art but
did not get the desired results.  I want each letter to be a different soled
color from the one beside it.  If there is no automatic way of doing this
then what is the easiest way of doing it manually I an using Pub XP on a W2K
box.  If it is in word art then I missed and would like to know for future
reference.

0
spam2452 (3)

Highlight one letter at a time and change each one manually.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Brady" <spam@torrent.gotdns.com> wrote in message
> I want to take a part of a form I am making and have the title line only
go
> from blue on the left side to red on the right side.  I tried word art but
> did not get the desired results.  I want each letter to be a different
soled
> color from the one beside it.  If there is no automatic way of doing this
> then what is the easiest way of doing it manually I an using Pub XP on a
W2K
> box.  If it is in word art then I missed and would like to know for future
> reference.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/16/2004 12:30:50 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Brady
<spam@torrent.gotdns.com>!"...
> I want each letter to
> be a different soled color from the one beside it

There is no automatic way to do this in Publisher.
However, I believe Yahoo! Messenger has a function for doing this when
posting to a chat room - you might want to find or create an empty room,
post your text in there using the colouring, and copy and paste into
Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/16/2004 7:29:16 AM
that is what I was afraid you wear going to say

0
spam2452 (3)
5/18/2004 5:14:15 AM
will try that

0
spam2452 (3)
5/18/2004 5:14:35 AM
I'm sorry. You can do it - unless you are changing
"Supercalifragilisiticexpialidocious", it'll take you a lot less time than
to get responses with quick methods.  :-) And if you don't know that word,
you're just a young'un.

--

> that is what I was afraid you wear going to say

0
jl_amerson (3088)

No Change in the Receipt
Hello, Is it possible to modify the receipt.xml? So that when the customer pays using a "Gift Certificate", the "Change" field in the receipt should be zero (0). Please help! Thanks a lot! enzo Try modifying the tender type under gift certificates. You can check the box that states "prevent cashier overtendering" This will always make the change equal zero. -- Elizabeth M. "enzo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ce501c4649b$3dd05b30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to modify the receipt....

Can I track changes made to a shared file per userid.
I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a shared excel file. If so, how should I go about it? Thank you in advance! Julie On that same Tools|Share Workbook dialog, there's an Advanced Tab. There's an option (default is On???) that allows you to track those changes. When you're ready to look at the changes, tools|track changes|accept or reject changes (You may already have it turned on.) But be aware that if you keep lots of changes, then excel can slow down. Julie _at_GBS wrote: > > I was wondering if I could track who made what changes in a share...

Income Category changed during upgrade from 2004 to 2006
I just went in to add a new Inventory item and I noticed that the Income Category was listed as Groceries. I thought that was odd. I checked the other items in my Product list and see that all of them have been changed to Groceries. This must have happened when I recently upgraded from 2004 to 2006. I have run the Quick Repair and Standard repair, but no change. Why did this happen? Is there an easy way to update the income category for my inventory? I will need to review other items to confirm that other categories didn't get screwed up. Income category? Inventory? Are your re...

Any Way to change the Blue Color Scheme in Publisher 2007
The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, Publisher does not seem to have any color option but blue. Any way to change the color scheme in Publisher 2007. Thanks...!!! I wish I could tell you yes but I can't. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "news.microsoft.com" <glamartNS@NSComcast.net> wrote in message news:%236l4xt8CJHA.3432@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The other Office programs have a way to change the color scheme, however, > Publisher does not seem...

@How to change worksheets with keyboard
Sir, I have an excel 2007 file having many worksheets. why does it not showing any focus dots around the worksheet tab(like you see for html links and buttons when using TAB key) on any worksheet tab and how to select adjoining worksheets with keyboard (using arrowkeys or like in Mozila FF, changing tabs with Ctrl+ 1-9) Is there any addon for this? i dont want to click on worksheet tab to select them. you can see my other post here too. http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11640 thanks in advance. sandeep Try: CTRL+PGUP/PGDOWN or: CTRL+SHIFT+PGUP/PGDOWN Micky ...

Automate a macros when data in a cell changes (e.g.when using quer
Is there any way that a macro can be activated when the data of a specific cell changes? I assigned a macro to a "check box" button from the Tool Bar "Forms", and used the "cell link" from the "check box" properties, so when the data changes in the cell linked the "check box" is marked and the macro will start. So far, the "check box" gets marked when data changes but the macro doesn't start. The only way the macro starts is when I click in the "check box". Maybe you could use a worksheet event that will fire ...

Name change in AD leaves mailbox inaccessable...
After a users name is changed in Active Directory the user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express 6. The user can access the mailbox through Outlook web access. Everytime the user tries with Outlook express it comes back with cannot authenticate username or password. Use full e-mail address as username. "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa601c41e3e$d1f97a10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > After a users name is changed in Active Directory the > user cannot connect to the mailbox thru Outlook Express > 6. The user can access ...

printing colors in Publisher XP
Everything I print in Publisher lately has had a green tint to it ,however when I am on someone elses user account from my computer it prints fine. I believe because of this that my settings are messed up on my logon to Publisher XP. How do you reset the color settings for the printing on Publisher XP? Please help. Thank You, ncl_1701 This is a printer setting. Compare your settings with another user's in the printer folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ncl_1701" <ncl1701@discussions.microsoft...

inserting text
I have a sheet that lists the sales tax of different cities. I want to be able to inport the specific rate into a cell on another sheet so that it states Sales Tax (7.0%) Is there any way that I can link the percentage to the other sheet so that I don't have to change it when I change the city in an above cell. Thanks for any help Yes! Check out the VLOOKUP() function in Help. Although it'd be more helpful if you were more specific, how about a vlookup combined with a concatenation. This will take a little setup. For this suggestion you'll have to have the workbook wi...

Changing sender's name in Outlook Express
The Outlook Express program for our Lodge was set up by our former secretary. HIS name appears as the sender on all email I send out. How can I change this so that our Lodge name will appear, and not any individual's name? Would appreciate an email reply to lodge99@(remove)cell2000.net as well as a posting if possible. Thanks! Mike You can change this in your account settings; Tools-> Accounts Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://com...

VBA Help:Change Color of Cells
Dear All, How to change the color of cells? I'm confused whether to use range object or cells object. Pls give me example. Thanks Robert Lie Hi Robert, The Cells property returns a range object, so you could, for example, use either of the following equivalent instructions: Range("A1:A10").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Cells(1, 1).Resize(10).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 --- Regards, Norman "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23vv10TVIGHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How to change the color of cel...

Changing columns to rows
I have a table of data in a spreadsheet that is laid out as 12 columns and 8 rows. This makes it difficult to print to one page and I now want to "rotate" it so that the columns are now rows and the rows are now columns. Is there an easy way to do this? TIA ...

Plain text freindly..
Please make this product (v10.6515.6626) easier to use for those of us who have standardized on plain text messages. Specifically: * Have ONE setting to configure the mailer to send and receive in plain text. * The reply option does not reliably start in plain text mode * Make the spell checker smarter to avoid checking quoted plain text. * Keep the inbox from making hits onto the internet (which is all spam anyway and therefore a privacy breech) * When replying, only quote *selected* text to keep messages short. * Make a "paste as quotation" option so that text may be inse...

Arrangement of text in a cell
I have text in a cell of my spread sheet. It has last name then first name. Is there a way to re-arrange this so the first name appears first?? Brett -- brettg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brettg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=536583 If they are separated by a space: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "brettg" <brettg.2...

How to change font color of a text
hello, i am working with vc++ MFC.i am dealing with the changing of font and color of the text in a file. so i need some help in implementing this. Thanks in advance. yours, Siva Prasad.M To change the text color, you will need to change it for the control that is displaying text. Depending upong the control, you can use OnCtlColor to change the background/foreground color etc. To change font, you can use SetFont() on the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Siva Prasad" <siva.almighty@gmail.com> wrote in message news:udOEG3cAFHA.2608@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx...

Can I change the display of comments?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from the display. Using balloons is not an option because some pages have too many comments. Iggles14@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I have my comments showing when I roll over them with my mouse, > but I would like to remove the name, date, and time of the comment from > the display. Using b...

Cross worksheet references cannot be easily changed
I have a 21 worksheet, workbook. The first sheet is 'info' and contains common information used in the other 20 sheets. If I try to change a reference (for instance: change an '=info!$A$1' to let's say '=info!$A$5') what winds up in the cell is the literal '=info!$A$5', not the new common value. The way I am doing it is to create a new row, make it '=info!$A$5' (the new common value is now in the created row) and move it to replace the original cell. Am I doing something wrong? ...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

change 'alt+enter' combo to just 'enter'
I need to get to a new line within a cell, yet I want to change the combination from the 'alt+enter' to just 'enter.' Is there a way to change this combination? Basically I need to be able to type large amounts of information in each cell and it would be too much of a pain to type 'alt+enter.' I need to be able to type in Excel as freely as you can type in Word. Thanks Don't think there's any simple way to accomplish what you want. Perhaps you'd be better served if you used text boxes, into which you you CAN type as freely as you can in Word. &q...

Desktop color
Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher one, and my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my Publisher desktop. I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how do I change my desktop within Pub to be something other than white? Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:ONlxMXLjHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using P2003, I changed m...

Show month in different color?
I use excel at work and we have gages that are due calibration. I wanted to know how to put in a formula or something to show each gage that is due in red at the current month. That way when the next month comes the gages due that month are in red and the other months are normal. Use conditional formatting. A1 has the date, B1 has the gage parameter / reading Select B1. Go to format > conditional formatting. Select 'Formula is'. And enter in the box: =MONTH(A1)=MONTH(TODAY()) click on format button and in patterns tab select the red color. Mangesh "OneGoose" <O...

Count of text in cells
I have problem to solve,I have a column with office. The text in the Office cells with be, Office 1@810@NT but I now have a new columm with text in the following format:Test The Cell - Employment cells can contain mutiple values, Test The Cell - Education;Test The Cell - Employment;Test The Cell - Health . These values are separated by a ; NOt only do I need to count each occurance, but I then need to have a count of each one. I can have these values referred to in a cell if that makes it easier. Sorry if I have not been clear Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Ch...

How do you anchor a figure/illustration to text?
when I paste a figure in the text... and then the text changes (as in I add something) the rest of the text moves along as it should.... but the figure stays planted where I first put it, so it's now out of alignment How do I anchor the figure to the text paragraph? The text is not in a text box, it's just typed into the doc. Thanks!!! All text in Publisher is in a text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732F5D27-0115-...

Contact Addresses change after I put them in "TO" line
A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. When I put addresses in my 'To' line either through a group or individually they occassionally change to another contact in my list. The names do not get changed until after I puch the send button. Then it shows up in my 'SENT' folder under the new address. Any help would be greatly apprecaited! "lauraM" <lauraM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ACA2D80-B85F-4CAC-A958-EE1366549674@microsoft.com... >A frustrating thing is happening and no virus has been found. Whe...

Button Text #2
Hi, I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text is split. i.e one word is on top the other word is on bottom rather than one continuous line of text. I assume there is some way that this can be done through the dialog editor. Can anyone tell me how it is done? Thanks Macca use \n to slit the line and check property multiline "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0BFC180-392F-4105-BE00-0C42C0BA0F7A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have some text on a button on my dialog. I want to force it so that the text i...