Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.

Alright I am back.  I got something to come up for the web collections
clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search
right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of
picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing.
This clip art thing is really driving me crazy.  Anybody know what is
up?

ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter:
> Alright I am back.  I got something to come up for the web collections
> clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search
> right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of
> picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing.

You need to empty your temporary internet files.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete files.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/4/2006 3:45:30 PM
ridergroov wrote:
> Alright I am back.  I got something to come up for the
> web collections clip art now but it seems to only work
> the first time I do a search right after I open the
> program, after that I either get a bunch of picture
> symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get
> nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy.
> Anybody know what is up?
===================================
Maybe running Disk Cleanup would help:

(310312) Description of the Disk Cleanup
Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310312

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
5/4/2006 3:54:59 PM
It is the Office web site that is having problems. It is on again off again.
I've contacted Microsoft, maybe I'll get a status report.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Alright I am back.  I got something to come up for the web collections
>> clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search
>> right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of
>> picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing.
>
> You need to empty your temporary internet files.
>
> In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete files.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/4/2006 3:55:11 PM
Yeha i've done the disk cleanup and temp files cleanup. They helped for
the first time then still nothing afterwards.  Really annoying and
strange. Thank you all!

Do you get an error?
Maybe your Organizer is corrupt

Clip2002: Errors That Indicate the Mstore10.mgc File May Be Corrupted (This is
valid for 2003)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300863
Some other things you can try here
http://msauer.mvps.org/clip_organizer_support.htm
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"ridergroov" <ridergroov1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Yeha i've done the disk cleanup and temp files cleanup. They helped for
> the first time then still nothing afterwards.  Really annoying and
> strange. Thank you all!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Outlook 2003 working with Groupwise client
We are moving our people from Groupwise to Exchange and I am having a horrible time getting the two to work together. We need to keep both clients on the machine for a short time while the switch is done. I installed Outlook 2003 on my workstation running Windows XP and Outlook and Groupwise are happily coexisting. When I tried this on a Windows 2000 machine everything went to crap. I've tried all of the tricks I can think of. I've removed Groupwise and windows messaging and reintalled everything from scratch and no dice. I just keep getting Outlook MAPI errors and messages s...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

Rules not working #7
I have a mail profile that I use with one email address that gets a LOT of spam. I have a fair size number of rules (probably 10-15) for categorizing and filtering it, all of them starting wth "Apply this rule after the message arrives". Problem is that most of them only work about half the time. I'll get some messages that were moved to the correct folders, and some similar messages still in the inbox. If I click "Rules Wizard" and the "Run Now" button, selecting all the rules, it moves the ones still in the inbox to the correct folder. How come it didn&#...

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment &quot;not enough memory&quot;. As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

Audio clips
I cannot get pub 2003 to run audio clips off my web site. I use a series of simple text boxes to set up links to audio files on my site. I have never had a problem setting these up in 2000. When I try this in 2003, I select insert hyperlink, pick a wav or mp3 just as I did with 2000, and select OK. When I test with web page preview they will not run. When I place the pointer over the text box I get a flyover indicating the proper path to the file. I have also published the files (save as web page in 2000) to see if the audio files appear in the publish folder as they did in 2000. I have attemp...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

How do I get automatic completion to work for an in-cell dropdown
If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropdown, I'd like typing 'G' to auto-select Gamma. I'm pretty sure it was doing that at some point, but now, it does not. This isn't supported under data|validation. You could use A,B,G in the dropdown and then use a helper cell with a formula in it, though. Say you put your abbreviations in A1:A3 of sheet2 and the real names in B1:B3, then you could use: =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)) Joseph Weisblatt wrote: > > If I have a list of Alpha, Beta, Gamma and an in-cell dropd...

Tries MS Money 2004 Trial.
I downloaded and tried Money 2004 from the Microsoft site. It was an upgrade from MS Money 2002. I installed it beside my MS Money 2002. I converted the file, and it said it created a backup file with ".Mnn" where nn is a version number. It said that if I went back to money 2002 I would need to open this backup file. After testing it a little, I did a system restore to a checkpoint of a week ago (still trying to fix another problem with MS Money 2002). Now when I run MS Money 2002 and I open that backup file, it asks me for a password. The original file was not passwo...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

_CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC doesn't seem to work
I'm having problems tracking down a meory leak and thought the best way would be to follow the instructions in MDSN: "Detecting and Isolating Memory Leaks Using Microsoft Visual C++" However, I can only get the basic memory dump, without source file and line number. It's as if _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC is being ignored. I tried building a test application (basic MFC SDI application) to try it out. At the top of Leaktest.h, I have #define _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC #include <stdlib.h> #include <crtdbg.h> In CLeakTestApp::InitInstance(), I have _CrtSetDbgFlag( _CRTD...

OWA timeout does not work for every client
I set the timeout setting on OWA, i don't have any issues but i'm getting lots of complaints that users are getting logged of after 15 min. why does this happen with some clients but not all? thx ...

I cannot paste from one workbook to another. Copy works, paste do.
When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out in the workbook to which I attempt to paste. Are there setting that can be changed to aloow the paste?? Check to see if either workbook and/or worksheet is protected. If so, unprotect. Then Copy/Paste should work. BTW, how are you copy?paste(ing) Tab or content? Dennis "JimmyMc" wrote: > When I attempt to copy from one workbook and paste into another, copy appears > to work but paste does not. The paste menu item is grayed out...

receiving email with paper clip symbol
Whenever I get an email with the paper clip symbol I cant' open the attachment. It reads, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" I'm quite sure that all received attachments are not unsafe.... This Compaq computer and XP software is only 3 wks old. I'm not computer savvy!!! Where does the problem originate? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of pro...

Journal stopped working #2
I have noticed that after upgrading from Outlook XP (2002) to Office Outlook 2003 my journal has completely stopped logging entries. I have turned it off and re-initialized it and still not entries. I mailing want it to log Word and Excel files. Any help would be appreciated I am running Exchange 2003 in cached outlook mode on a SBS 2003 server. ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

Work Schedule in Excel doc ... Don't have Excel
I just started a new job and the boss sent next weeks schedule in Exce format but I don't have excel. Is there anyway to just read an Exce file? If not can someone tell me my schedule for me -- charlene202 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- charlene2021's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27780 Hi you can get a free viewer for excel from the microsoft site .. the following link should get you there http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/of...

Spreadsheet macro stopped working!
Hi, I recently made an Excel spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf score. The spreadsheet is quite simple. It consists of 4 sheets: Scorecard, statistics, database and equations (for calculating some specific). I insert informations about the golf course I'm playing and how my score was etc. I then hit a button "Save scorecard" that runs a macro. The macro inserts specifik values from the scorecard into the database sheet (which works like a charm). The macro also updates the "Statistics" sheet with information about stroke number and points for ...