Check off boxes

Publisher 2003 in use.

I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am
using the publisher software to make this form.

Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes,
however, I cannot remember the key strokes.

Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy your day.

Mike

0
mikeresh (32)

Mike Reshetar wrote:
> Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes,
> however, I cannot remember the key strokes.

Use Wingdings and the � or q characters.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Enjoy your day.

Mike
> Mike Reshetar wrote:
>> Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff
>> boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes.
>
> Use Wingdings and the � or q characters.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
mikeresh (32)

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Disable Spell Check
Is it possible to disable the spll check feature in Word 2002? It depends what you mean by 'disable'. You can prevent the spell checker from checking a document by selecting all of it and applying the no proofing language parameter to the selected text. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

Subject Spell Check
How do I set Outlook 2002 (SP-2) to spell check the subject line when I hit F7 to force a spell check? Please advise! Thanks. ~jl YOu can't - it will only spell-check the message body. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J. E. Lewis asked: | How do I set Outlook 2002 (SP-2) to spell check the | subject line when I hit F7 to force a spell check? | ...

Printing Checks #4
Do I have to buy checks that already have my account and routing number printed to use Money 2003 Standard? Yes. "Tom P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b601c3aef9$dc7264c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Do I have to buy checks that already have my account and > routing number printed to use Money 2003 Standard? ...

Incorrect information on Check Stub
When printing a batch of checks, on the check stub in the field that we have designated for PO Number the information is incorrect/overwritten. In this case I have 18 invoices to pay on one check, nine of them with legitimate PO Numbers and the other nine with notes pertaining to the Invoice number that have been entered in the PO Number field in GP. Seven of the nine PO numbers have been overwritten with the nine notes that were related to the nine invoices directly under the top nine, i.e. the seven PO Numbers have been replaced and are no where on check stub the other two printed f...

Concise Payable Check Voucher Listing
Is there a way (besides modifying the existing Check Edit List - this is needed as well) to get a concise pre check run listing of the all of the Vouchers in a batch prior to posting for easy review? If I can copy the Edit List and create a custom report then the user cant parameterize to limit to a given batch, so this is not ideal. My AP Manager wants to see a tabular listing with just a few basic fields (like VendorID, Voucher#, Date, AmountBeingPaid for this voucher), much more concise than the edit list. I dont see unposted check batches in SmartList, and I can't figure out ho...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have command buttons on the userform which access other userforms (which drive the spreadsheet data entry) I have a listbox on the userform displaying a number. I would like to enter code into the command button activations such that if the number in the listbox does not equal the number stored within the code of the command button then a mesage box is displayed and the command button does not activate its sub routines. Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Something like this: Option Explicit Public Property Get MayProceed() As Boolean Const M...

what is a combo box?
I am using the education template and I am trying to find out what a combo box is. I need a field on a table that can be added to. I have a student that takes course A and then a month later takes course B. How can I create a field on the students detail sheet that can add to it over and over again. -- Enjoy every day! A combo box allows the user to select from a list of choices. It may or may not limit selections to items already on the list. The list may be derived from a table/query, or you can use a Value List for a few choices that are unlikely to change (e.g."...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

Comment Box
I moved a comment box because when I froze the current sheet and when I scrolled down, half of the comment would get cut off. The only way I was able to show the comment box in its new position was by unhiding it. If I had it hid the move would not take effect. Is it possible to move the comment box, hide the box, and when the cursor goes to the cell with the comment, have the comment box appear in its new position. .. Several answers were given in programming I believe. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Troy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096601c39ae3$f0dff...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

Math operational sign for the box division sign
What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Might draw one with an autoshape line tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_division#Notation -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mr. D" <Mr. D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBF7885-39BC-4C77-AD7E-2CCC269BC3BC@microsoft.com... > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Mr. D wrote: > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Whilst holding the Alt key, tap 0247 on the numeric keypad. Then release Alt. ...

selecting the 2nd column of a combo box in a report?
I have a combo box that uses data from a table with the fields (setupid, physician setup, md_PIN). the bound column = 1. The physicians sign on using their name (signing_md) and PIN (signing_md_pin). thanks to advice from this website I have...If signing_md_pin.value = dlookup("md_pin". "[setup table]","[setupid] =" [signing_md] then ... in the event procedure. When I try to get the physician name on the report (signing_md) it returns the physician number (setupid) instead of the name. How do I get the 2nd column of the combo box to the report?Thank you....

how can I enlarge OE 6 send email box?
when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. "pajel5" wrote: > when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE > 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? It used to open to normal size. Why did it change? There has to be a way to get it back like it was. "Mary" wrote: > Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. > > "pajel5" wrote: > >...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Spell check not working in Outlook 2001 for Mac in OSX
Hello, When I try to use the spell check for messages I get the error message: "The spelling operation could not be completer. The spelling checker could not be started. Some components are either missing or incorrectly configured. See your administrator." Thanks, Virginia ...

Blocking external emails to Group email boxes
How do I stop external senders from reaching the email boxes that might include all domain users? Someone might find the name of one of those groups email address and send to all users. Not good!! what version of Exchange? in Exchange 2003 you can restrict delivery to "authenticated users"; on 5.5, you can restrict delivery on the Delivery Restrictions tab, maybe to whatever list contains all your own users... "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C593ED15-0461-4F4B-81F5-D8C8157B6AC0@microsoft.com... > How do I stop external senders f...