character reference letter

I need some ideas on how to go about typing a character reference letter.
0
letter (1)

The templates here are mostly for Word.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=reference&av=TPL000

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"charater reference letter" <charater reference
letter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need some ideas on how to go about typing a character reference letter.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/5/2007 12:27:03 PM
There are lots of websites out available on just about every aspect of
career hunting. The only thing you'd have to be careful about is what's
legal to be said and, more importantly, what you can't say. (My best friend
is in HR - she's taught me well.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"charater reference letter" <charater reference
letter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need some ideas on how to go about typing a character reference letter.

0
jl_paules (2768)

How do I keep the format of a cell that an if statment refers to?
I'm using an if statemnt and the result if true points to one cell with special formats and another cell if false with other formats. The result shows the correct value, but I'm more interested in the font because I'm using different symbols from various fonts. Formulas return values--not formats. Maybe you could use some other way--like a worksheet event that actually does a copy|paste??? Gerardo wrote: > > I'm using an if statemnt and the result if true points to one cell with > special formats and another cell if false with other formats. The result > sh...

Calendar Control WITHOUT .dll or .oxc or reference
While I LOVE the calendar controls I've seen around, I need to make one that doesn't require registering an ActiveX control or .dll. We (at our company) cannot access our Start/Run dialog nor a command window. Unless there is a way to register an .oxc or .dll via VB code, we can't use those options unless we want to go desk-to-desk installing controls/dll's. Does anyone have a calendar control that DOESN'T require registering anything? OR - does anyone have code to register a dll/oxc directly from VB? Thanks! On Mar 8, 3:06 pm, Robert_L_Ross <RobertLR...@discu...

Naming word tables or coding reference library with vba
Hi- I am working remotely in word vba through excel vba. Basically I have programed in excel to create a new word document, add a button, and then add code to the word document for when the button in excel is clicked. The code I am adding to the word document needs to copy a table and paste it (right above the button). I figured out how to copy a table if you give it an index number, but with the other code I am running the number of tables always changes. Therefore hardcoding an index number is a bad idea. I will end up copying different tables each time and not the one I want. Is it p...

Copy formula without changing references [Excel 2007]
Hello! In my Workbook I have many cells with data validation settings as follows: Allowed data: List Source: =INDIRECT(L9) Now, I`d like to change the source formula to the following: =IF(M9="P";INDIRECT(L9);R11:R21) When I check the option "Make changes in every cell with the same settings", Excel does it, but it also adjusts the cell references" Is there a way to automatically change the formula in every cell with the same settings, but leaving the formula untouched? The formulas to be changed are not next to each other, they are located throughout the Wo...

Setting character colour in a macro
I use a spreadsheet to analyse the firewall logs for the month to which is added 100-120 data entries per day. I add the data for the current day and then run a macro which sorts the data based on IP address. I read through the spreadsheet looking for multiple entries coming from an IP address and colour the characters where this occurs red for spam, magenta for port probes etc and blue for pings. Once that has been completed I run a second macro, which sorts the data back into date order, and then save the spreadsheet. I occurred to me that I could save myself quite a bit of checking time...

Map characters to their relative positions in a cell
I've been using an Excel 2003 macro to loop through text cells in a spreadsheet that is sent to me from another office. My macro loops until column H (formatted as text) is empty; that is ="" (equal to a null string). It's been worked just fine until recently when the macro seems to end prematurely. It returns a normal end but clearly there are additional rows yet to be processed. The row that causes the macro to finish prematurely always contains many clearly visible character comments, sometimes 5-6,000 characters in length. My hunch is that one or more...

automatic capitalize first letter of payee names
I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? No. "GB" <garyburkhardt@centurybt.com> wrote in message news:OZT4Yz1jDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I just transferred from Quicken. I had it set to automatically capitalize > payee names as I typed them. Is there a way to do it in Money 2004? > > Type them correctly once. The next time you start to type, the field will autofill. When you tab to the next field cap and all will be as when you originally typed the...

Strange characters in subject line
Over the past two hours we have had three clients who all appear to have the same issue. When they send or reply to a mail message strange characters are appended to the front of the email subject line. In most cases this is twoquestion marks (??), but it is not limited to this. Sophos or Antigen have not picked up anything. Has anyone received the same issue, or does anyone know what this could be? All sites are Exchange 2003. Just a shot in the dark here, but could it be some sort of an anti spam tag (from sophos or antigen) that is prepending the subject line? Does it happen on a...

Multiple References
In Column A is list of Names, and Column B is a different set of names, however several of those names occur multiple times. There are several other columns that have other information. I would like, in a seperate area, to input which Column B name to search for, then all the records involving that person will appear. For example: Bill Todd Grade4 Red Jeff Cory Grade9 Yellow Eric Sean Grade2 Blue Dave Todd Grade1 Green Rita Todd Grade7 Yellow Sean: Eric Blue Grade2 Todd: Bill Red Grade4 Dave Green Grade9 Rita Yellow Grade7 Thanks in advance, Jonathan -- pjonathan...

Excel Reference Book
Can you suggest a good reference book for creating reports from imported data (MS-Access and SQL Server)? Some of my questions/issues are, 1. Best way(s) to get data into a worksheet, push from MS-Access or SQL Server or import using MS-Query - tradeoffs. 2. Using stored procedures as input sources and parameter passing 2. Formatting the report a. inserting lines between subtotal groups b. conditional formatting for subtotal groups c. adding calculations for subtotal groups 3. Using macros and VBA for automation 4. Creating multiple reports (worksheets) from a single set of impo...

Info: code reference examples for developers
A new section at: http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html#Examples%20by%20Librarylists some 60 code snippets covering the basic schema operations in DAO, ADO, ADOX, and DDL.There is little explanation: this is developer-reference.How to create/delete/modify/list the tables/fields/indexes/relations/queries/databases.They are actually examples from a testbed database that I have built up over the years. They're handy if I can't recall how a library works, and I wanted them accessible when I am not on my own computer.Probably not a complete reference, but you're welcome to anything you fi...

fields with many characters
Hello, I've been exporting some large text fields from sql server 2000 into Excel97, and have found that I cannot print or even view the entire contents of fields containing more than approx. 1000 characters. Is there any way around this without splitting up the text field in the export? Is there any way for Excel97 to just recognize these large character fields so that I can print them? thanks, Mat Excel allows 32,767 characters in a cell but will show or print only 1024(see Help>Specifications). One workaround is to spread a few ALT + ENTER's at spots. This will increa...

a range area referred anywhere and repeatively on a new worksheet page
Hi I have a grid / table which has prices on which i wish to do calculations on so i entered the information and then named it as a range pricegrid (pricegrid refers to cells between (a1:d26)) I then create a new worksheet which i wish to refer to pricegrid on the same page. if i am refer to =pricegrid on the next worksheet and the rows and columns exactly aligns with the value everything works i now want to move to a14 and want to use =pricegrid it will show value as it cant display in a different area i presume i can use the offset function but how can i create value on ...

R1C1 Style Reference
Is there a way to prevent the R1C1 Style Reference from activating? I have some users that use that format and when I open up their document, it changes my settings to that format. I don't want that format to change. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks, Jasper Excel picks this setting up from the first workbook you open in that session. So if you always open one of your workbooks first (in A1 reference style), then open the other workbook(s), you should be ok. Maybe you could create a "master" workbook that includes a bunch of hyperlinks to commonly used files. The...

Name Box
Excel 2000 I have a spreadsheet that contains very long named ranges. I would like to be able to see the entire name in the 'name box' but unfortunately the length of the box is fixed to a specified length. Is there a way to automatically re-size the drop down menu to the maximum number of characters in the list? Thanks is Advance Hi you can't change this size but maybe the following add-in is helpful for you: http://www.decisionmodels.com/downloads.htm#namemanager -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JWG" <JWG@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im ...

Using a result as a cell reference
Hi All I have used MATCH and ADDRESS to find the cell reference of a value to look up I now want to use the product of that formula as a cell reference in another formula (so I can say something like SUM(A1:product) can anyone point me in the direction of the correct syntax as I cant seem to get it working Kind Regards John You can use the INDIRECT function. For example, if the address is in cell D6: =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:"&D6)) John wrote: > Hi All > > I have used MATCH and ADDRESS to find the cell reference of a value to > look up > > I now want to us...

Special Characters
How can I add special characters to an Excel cell while=20 typing text(i.e. =B5 or =BD)? In Word I just press the 'ALT'=20 key and the corresponding numbers on the keypad. Thanks, Raphael In Excel you can do the same Alt-0189 = � See Insert>Symbol in the menubar for the numbers -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Raphael Garcia" <rgarcia@amdiag.com> wrote in message news:02f401c34d6e$8102ede0$a401280a@phx.gbl... How can I add special characters to an Excel cell while typing text(i.e. � or �)? In Word I just press the '...

Is there a shortcut for converting everything to uppercase letters
I know this is basic stuff, put I'm not running on all cylinders lately. Is there a shortcut, like a key stroke for changing the cell content words to upper case? and also to Bold maybe? Take a look at David McRitchie's Upper() macro: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#upper Bold: CTRL-b In article <br5kbk$2890bh$1@ID-108586.news.uni-berlin.de>, "PeterM" <P_Maston@msn.com> wrote: > I know this is basic stuff, put I'm not running on all cylinders lately. > Is there a shortcut, like a key stroke for changing the cell content > ...

OWA not reading Japanese character
Hello, has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, however using Oulook Client, the characters appear perfectly. The japanese language has been added in owa server as well as on the client pc (control panel, regional /language option). Any hint/help most welcome. Thanks Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same problem. -Shamika "albert" wrote: > Hello, > has anyone come across that Japanese characters are not > being able to display correctly in OWA exchange 5.5, > however using Ou...

Access Reference Problem
Hi everydody,I have a problem with a local library reference and I can't find outthe solution. I explain:.. I develop in Access 97 on a computer with a only drive C:.. I have created a local mde database with my common functions,procedures, etc. (let's call it "B").. I have attached this mde database to my current database (let's callit "A") thru references... ... and everything is fine... Now, I have a new computer with 2 drives, C: and D:.. I have copied my previous 2 databases to drive D: and things gowrong due "B" database because it is located in ...

Truncate field starting with location of specific characters
Hi, I need to truncate a field once a couple of special characters are found. For example, if the field stores people's names and if I find two consecutive dashes anywhere in the field (searching from left to right), I want to clear the contents of the field starting with the two dashes. Anything preceding the two dashes in the field will need to be preserved. Thanks! In VBA, it would be something like: Dim lngDashes As Long lngDashes = InStr(Me.Textbox1, "--") If lngDashes > 0 Then Me.Textbox1 = Left(Me.Textbox1, lngDashes - 1) End If In a query, it w...

Help needed with reference formula
I have a question and answer database that I am maintaining. Each question has an ID number. Additionally, each answer for the question has other relevant questions linked to that answer. What I want to do is to create a column in this database that will tell me for each question ID, what other questions it's linked to, so when it comes time to change a question or answer, I know which questions to go back to for updates. I will have over 500 questions and answers, so a formula like "COUNTIF" probably won't work. For example, here is a brief overview of the database....

Collection Letter Invoice File Name
Hi Everyone, Is there a way to rename the invoice pdf file that is generated using collection module? Right now it would automatically generate the pdf file name and I got several customer that thought it was a virus email and wouldn't open it. Any help is much appreciated. ...

Continuing the cell references in formulas
How du you make excel continue the cell references (the way I want) i formulas when copying? I have the formula =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead o (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way of going around this ... : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kreller, > =HVIS(ANTAL.BLANKE(B4:C4)<KOLONNER(B4:C4);"x";"") > > and when I copy this cell the references change to (c4:d4) instead of > (d4:e4). I'm sure there is a simple way...

Show actual values added instead of cell references? (=A1+A4 shows as =10+2 in cell)
Is this even possible? I have the following: A1 =A2 (Shows result of 10) A2 10 A3 A4 =A5 (Shows Result of 2) A5 2 A7 =10+2 (Shows result of 27) Is there a way to show the formula in A7 as =10+2 instead of having it =A2+A5 ??? Thanks a bunch! On Dec 29, 1:24=A0pm, Naji <najisaa...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is this even possible? > > I have the following: > > A1 =A0=3DA2 (Shows result of 10) > A2 =A010 > A3 > A4 =3DA5 (Shows Result of 2) > A5 2 > > A7 =3D10+2 (Shows result of 27) > > Is there a way to show the formula in A7...