Changing page orientation

Can ANYONE tell me how to change the page orientation in a publication? I need several of the pages in my document to display  in the landscape format. HELP
0
dfishel (1)

Hi Danni (dfishel@eocr-inc.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| Can ANYONE tell me how to change the page orientation in a
|| publication? I need several of the pages in my document to display
|| in the landscape format. HELP

Sorry Danni, but that is not an option. Workarounds:

1. Have two publications - one for the portrait pages, one for the landscape
pages
2. Rotate all objects 90 degrees on the portrait page (you can select all
the objects as a group and rotate)
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
5/26/2004 8:09:21 PM
About the only way you can do this is to group everything you want landscape
and rotate that group. You can't blend both orientations within one
document.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Danni" <dfishel@eocr-inc.com> wrote in message
> Can ANYONE tell me how to change the page orientation in a publication? I
need several of the pages in my document to display  in the landscape
format. HELP

---

jl_amerson (3088)
5/26/2004 8:10:06 PM
then Orientation - option of Portrait or Landscape
0
anonymous (74722)

$values on y axis % change on x axis
I would like to chart a $ value on the y axis and show the % increase (not in $s) along the x axis. The values along the y axis would range from $200 to 400 with x axis running from 10%, 12%,7%,11%,9%, showing the change over a 5 year period. Thanks -- al Hi, You could plot the data on a xy-scatter. Format the x axis as percentage and Y axis as Currency. Cheers Andy al wrote: > I would like to chart a $ value on the y axis and show the % increase (not in > $s) along the x axis. The values along the y axis would range from $200 to > 400 with x axis running from 10%, 12%,...

On change event #2
Hi all, I have two fields, one numeric and another datetime. I would like the datetime field to be updated automatically whenever the number field is populated by a number. If later on that number changes, I don't want the datetime field to be updated accordingly. Can someone guide me on how to create this ? Thanks in advance, Ziv ...

Is it possible to email only one page of an Excel workbook?
I am using a large workbook to create invoices. I would like to be able to email individual invoices, ie. a single sheet of the workbook, but only seem to be able to select the entire workbook. I am using Office 2000 Pro. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ Check out the Sendmail addins -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------------------...

Change default birtday reminders?
The possibility to add the birtday for a contact is very neat. However, when I add a birthday to a contact, it will create an all-day appointment in my calendar, with the default reminder-time set to 15 minutes. Since I am synchronizing my Outlook 2003 with my Phone and PDA, this makes both devices go berserk at 23:45 every night. How can I change the default reminder time for automatically created birthday-events? Changing the Tools->Options->Preferences->Calendar->Default reminder does not affect the reminder for the auto-created birth-day event. Please help! //Johannes ...

page size #2
Please help me with this. I cannot for the life of me get the right margin to be at the 1/2 inch it is set to be. When I print the invoice that I created, it is about an inch wide on the right. I have used the page preview and moved margins and page size around, but to no avail. I am stuck. Thanks in advance, Jeff Hi, Please, no repeat posting on the same day. First, if your data doesn't extend far enough to the right to reach the 1/2 inch margin, it will look like there is a larger margin. A few options - in the spreadsheet widen a few columns of the print area. On th...

When entering data into excel spreadsheet cell, the page just jump
I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet "jumps", am unable to enter any data. What have I done wrong? If you are making entries using the numeric keypad, it sounds like you turned your Num Lock off. Try pressing NUM LOCK (there should be alight that comes on above it when you do) & try again. HTH|:>) "jodj" wrote: > I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click > on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet &qu...

Forcing Columns to Next Page
I have a huge spreadsheet that I am printing 1 page high by 2 pages wide on 11x17 paper (we have a plotter). I want to force some of the columns to the next page so that they are kept together with the other columns pertaining to that section. Page break seems to be for rows, not columns. Any help would be appreciated. The easiest way that I can see to do this is to go to View-->Page Break Preview. Drag the blue line that indicates the right edge of the page leftward. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com <bratdawg@gilanet.com> wrote in message news:1121207346...

Labels-creating different labels on the SAME page
I would like to print a set of labels, however, I do not want each label to be exactly the same as my sheet of address labels are. I would like to number the labels and print a sheet where each of the 30 labels on the sheet has a different number on it. How do I make each label on one sheet different? Use a mail merge. Numbers instead of addressees. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "camionneur" <camionneur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8ECA494-24C7-44DE-...

Changing VERSIONINFO resources for different builds
I am compiling a program with eMbedded VC++ 3 for a PocketPC 2000 / 2002 target, and with eMbedded VC++ 4 for a PocketPC 2003 target. I would like to be able to tell the executables apart. What I tried: I have edited my .rc file like this: in the VERSIONINFO define there was a FileDescription like this: VALUE "FileDescription", "My Program\0" which I replaced with code like this: VALUE "FileDescription", "My Program -- " #if defined ISOLDPOCKETPC "PocketPC 2000 / 2002 build" #elif defined ISPOCKETPC...

How can i change the font in Legend box in excel to superscript, n
I have this data in one cell (0.5µl l-1 C2H4) and i want to make -2 superscript, 2 and 4 as subscript.... in Legend Box!!! i tried many methods but i am till now not successful.. thanks for who will help me. Mohammad The only workaround i know of is to type your wanted label into a text box format it as wanted, put a white or other appropriate color and move the box over the lable for the data. "Mohammad" wrote: > I have this data in one cell (0.5µl l-1 C2H4) and i want to make -2 > superscript, 2 and 4 as subscript.... in Legend Box!!! > i tried many metho...

PDF imports don't retain changes upon saves
I'm importing PDF files of AutoCAD drawings because AutoCAD .DWG files don't scale correctly when opened in Visio2003. When I change the properties on the PDF objects, scale them to the desired dimensions, and save changes, the PDF object reverts to a different size after the save. Also, I've found that the PDF object loses resolution when scaled larger - meaning that lines pixellate and alphanumeric characters become fuzzy. Does anyone know of a work-around for this? Thank you. -- Dion Hansen National Project Manager i can help you with my own dwg converter. email me you a...

Image Changes When Pasted
Whenever I paste an image from Photoshop into Publisher, the image changes in intensity and quality. Colors are slightly modifed, particularly whites seem to loose intensity. I inevitably need to "trick" Publisher by first brightening and increasing the contrast in Photoshop before pasting into Publisher. Often it is an iterative proces, doing this in several tries. Definitely a waste of time. Thanks. Al Is the result the same when you "paste special?" Maybe saving the image and importing into Publisher would be a better solution. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http:...

Publisher splittig page
I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page Example : two equal half page Thanks-- Rookie at using publisher I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or If all four quarters are going to be the same select postcard in page setup. Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page In Publisher, Arrange, Grid...

Refresh shape properties for all pages
Hi, I have a drawing I created using the Organization Chart wizard...based on a database which contains all the data and Visio maintains a link between the two. That's all fine and works well, but I would like to know if there is a way to update the ENTIRE drawing all at once instead of page by page. In other words, if a change is made in my database, I want to be able to update all the pages, otherwise, I would have to right-click on each page in my document (I have 20) and pick "Refresh Shape Properties." Is there a way to do this for all pages (perhaps using VBA)? Thanks ...

Creat links to pages within the newsletter
How do I create links from the headlines discussed throughout a newsletter. Verses having readers scroll to each topic page by page. You can insert a hyperlink to the top of any other page in your publication and it will survive conversion to a PDF if you are using Pub 2007 and the pdf addin. If you insert a bookmark, and then a hyperlink to that bookmark and convert to a pdf, the link will only take you to the top of that page, and not to the bookmark. To get links to take you to specific bookmarks and thus specific locations on any page, you have to convert your publication t...

How do I print xls file into two separate columns on the page?
I have a 6 column worksheet in excel that I would like to print or display and print in 2 separate columns on each page. Ie: the first printed page would contain the data from pages 1 and 2 of the original document with one set of data to the left and one to the right. The file is a price list of 96 pages and I want to compact it as much as possible. Sub Move_Sets() Dim iSource As Long Dim iTarget As Long iSource =3D 1 iTarget =3D 1 Do Cells(iSource, "A").Resize(50, 6).Cut _ Destination:=3DCells(iTarget, "A") Cells...

Acces to data base by autonom HTMl page on Access 2007 ?
Hello dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm a new Access 2007 user and I need your help please. I can get acces to my data base using an autonom HTML form page in Access 2003 . Please, how can I do the same on Access 2007 ? I have neither SharePoint nor Outlook 2007. Thanks Octavio ...

Refresh Page
I have a page (MyMainPage.aspx) containing a button. When this button is clicked; it opens up another page as: window.open ("MyURL.aspx", "My Title", 'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=yes, menubar=no); MyURL.asp does some processing and then automatically closes itself and returns back to the main page MyMainPage.aspx. What do I need to do so when MyUrL.aspx closed down and returns to MyMainPage.aspx; the page MyMainPage.aspx is refreshed? ...

Customizing home page
Is it possible to customize data display for snippets (such as "Spending by category") that can be placed on the home page? I am talking about customizing what time period and what kind of data is displayed. Zooming in and changing the settings seems to work for some snippets (cash flow forecast, for example), but not for others - it doesnt work for "Spending by category". No matter what I set in details, the snippet on the home page always displays data for the last 30 days. If you know the way to customize it, or know that it is a known problem, please tell me the...

how do I change email server info?
I am trying to send document in email and didnt set server (pop) options right, now cant get back to it. "tvorhees3" <tvorhees3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F37DCAE-7962-4D76-B5D7-D8F6514A725C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send document in email and didnt set server (pop) options > right, now cant get back to it. Can't get back to WHAT? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) "Gordon" wrote: > &qu...

Change posting account to fixed allocation account?
Is there a way to change an existing GL posting account into a fixed allocation account? Trying in a test company but can't make it work. I've cleared everyting out of the existing account and manually changed the account type in GL00100 to 3 and then added distribution info to GL00103 but there still seems to be another missing link. Under fixed allocation maintenance the original account still says it is not a fixed allocation account. GP10, SP3. Thanks. You appear to be doing this at the database level. Why? Use the UI so all of the business logic and program lo...

I need to make a change in users
I am changing the user for microsoft outlook. What procedure do I need to do? What type of email accounts do you use? Typically, you just need to create a new profile - control panel, mail. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messagi...

Change Data from Now() to Date() Format
I've been entering data ( for some time ) in one of my field in a database with the Now() format - eg: 11/26/2007 9:52:0a AM I've now discovered that I should have used the standard date() format - eg: 11/26/2007 This would facilitate my record retrieval in the future. Is there a way to do an update query that will change to format from Now() to Date() without affecting the the contents of the data . Thanks for all your help. Take is easy on the cross posting here. It is considered VERY RUDE to just throw out your question to a GAZILLION newsgroups with the thought that this...

Copy sheet & page settings
Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page settings in one step? Hi why not copy the complete sheet (right-click on the sheet name and choose 'move/copy') >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page >settings in one step? >. > ...

SSRS: Setting report page size in URL?
Hi, I have a set of reports that need to be rendered in Letter and A4 formats. I know that the report paper format is determined by the report page size (page width and page height) set at design time. Because I would only want to maintain one set of reports, I'm looking for a way to specify the report's page width and height in the URL that is used to access the report. Is there a way to do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Best regards Yanick ...