Change default page order when printing booklet

Hi,

When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2, 7),
(6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).

But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's show
by Publisher when in edition mode.

We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).

But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Zixiong WANG
z.wang@sysium.com

0
z.wang (15)

Yes, get the real McCoy... i.e. Adobe Acrobat

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Zixiong WANG" <z.wang@sysium.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
> appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2, 7),
> (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).
>
> But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
> sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's show
> by Publisher when in edition mode.
>
> We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).
>
> But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.
>
> Do you have any idea ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Zixiong WANG
> z.wang@sysium.com

0
laserdog (1122)
4/30/2004 4:33:31 PM
Mary having the full fair dinkum version of Adobe Acrobat is not going to
help.

You will have to change the Page Setup from Booklet to Normal.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/30/2004 4:44:55 PM
So it's a problem of printer, not that of Publisher ?

The printer prints what's sent by Publisher, if Publisher sends pages 8 and
1 for a sheet, how can the printer prints other way ? even it's the "real
McCoy" ?

By the way, we have also PDFwriter from Adobe, that don't solves the
problem.

Thanks.

"Mary Sauer" <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Yes, get the real McCoy... i.e. Adobe Acrobat
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Zixiong WANG" <z.wang@sysium.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
> > appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2,
7),
> > (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).
> >
> > But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
> > sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's
show
> > by Publisher when in edition mode.
> >
> > We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).
> >
> > But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.
> >
> > Do you have any idea ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Zixiong WANG
> > z.wang@sysium.com

0
z.wang (15)
4/30/2004 4:47:46 PM
Mary,

I hate to bring this up, but PP will let you create a pdf for printing
or viewing, IOW, 1-8, 7-2, etc., or 1, 2, 3, etc. Plus, it's a lot
cheaper than Acrobat.

Mike

Mary Sauer wrote:
> Yes, get the real McCoy... i.e. Adobe Acrobat

0
wordwiz (948)
4/30/2004 4:48:56 PM
Zixiong the real McCoy died a long time ago.

Having the full version of Adobe does not fix this issue.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/30/2004 4:56:23 PM
Mike PagePlus has the option to print as straight pages or as Booklet form.
The other thing that PagePlus beats everything hands down, is in converting
from paper to PDF and then to web.  PagePlus retains all the columns and
formatting perfectly.
http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/30/2004 4:58:11 PM
Change your Page Setup to Normal.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
4/30/2004 5:04:39 PM
Recently I created a Pub file, converted it to pdf and it prints it out in
the same order as the pub file.  I use the commercial pdf converting
program, PDF-XChange.

The have a trial version if you are interested.  See below for the address.

--
Don
-------

"Zixiong WANG" <z.wang@sysium.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
> appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2, 7),
> (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).
>
> But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
> sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's show
> by Publisher when in edition mode.
>
> We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).
>
> But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.
>
> Do you have any idea ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Zixiong WANG
> z.wang@sysium.com

0
Engineer1 (288)
4/30/2004 7:10:29 PM
I have Acrobat, when I need a booklet in a PDF, I simply choose eBook. it prints
exactly the way Publisher has it laid out. I have the advantage of a duplexer,
however you do have the option of odd-even printing. There are so many options in
Acrobat...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message news:40928378.7040304@fuse.net...
> Mary,
>
> I hate to bring this up, but PP will let you create a pdf for printing
> or viewing, IOW, 1-8, 7-2, etc., or 1, 2, 3, etc. Plus, it's a lot
> cheaper than Acrobat.
>
> Mike
>
> Mary Sauer wrote:
> > Yes, get the real McCoy... i.e. Adobe Acrobat

0
laserdog (1122)
4/30/2004 7:53:46 PM
How PDF-XCahnge can do better than other PDF printer when Publisher sent
(8,1), (2,7),... and you must print (1), (2,3) ... ?

"Don Schmidt" <Retired Engineer@PNB.usa> a �crit dans le message de
> Recently I created a Pub file, converted it to pdf and it prints it out in
> the same order as the pub file.  I use the commercial pdf converting
> program, PDF-XChange.
>
> The have a trial version if you are interested.  See below for the
address.

> --
> Don
> -------
> We use PDF-XChange for our pdf needs. It's available at:
> http://www.docu-track.com
>

> "Zixiong WANG" <z.wang@sysium.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
> > appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2,
7),
> > (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).
> >
> > But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
> > sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's
show
> > by Publisher when in edition mode.
> >
> > We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).
> >
> > But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.
> >
> > Do you have any idea ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> > Zixiong WANG
> > z.wang@sysium.com

0
z.wang (15)
5/1/2004 5:04:53 PM
But in my case, in the generated PDF file, the pages are already in 8-1, 2-7
order (2 pages on one sheet). I suppose that your method works if there is
only one page / sheet. Am I right ?

> I have Acrobat, when I need a booklet in a PDF, I simply choose eBook. it
prints
> exactly the way Publisher has it laid out. I have the advantage of a
duplexer,
> however you do have the option of odd-even printing. There are so many
options in
> Acrobat...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> >
> > I hate to bring this up, but PP will let you create a pdf for printing
> > or viewing, IOW, 1-8, 7-2, etc., or 1, 2, 3, etc. Plus, it's a lot
> > cheaper than Acrobat.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > Mary Sauer wrote:
> > > Yes, get the real McCoy... i.e. Adobe Acrobat

0
z.wang (15)
5/1/2004 5:09:13 PM
I didn't know PagePlus. It replaces Publisher or works together with
Publisher (as a virtual printer for exemple) ?

"���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> a �crit dans le message de
> Mike PagePlus has the option to print as straight pages or as Booklet
form.
> The other thing that PagePlus beats everything hands down, is in
converting
> from paper to PDF and then to web.  PagePlus retains all the columns and
> formatting perfectly.
> http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
z.wang (15)
5/1/2004 5:16:34 PM
It's a completely different DTP program, though it has some similarities
to Pub.

Mike

Zixiong WANG wrote:
> I didn't know PagePlus. It replaces Publisher or works together with
> Publisher (as a virtual printer for exemple) ?
>
> "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> a �crit dans le message de
>
>>Mike PagePlus has the option to print as straight pages or as Booklet
>
> form.
>
>>The other thing that PagePlus beats everything hands down, is in
>
> converting
>
>>from paper to PDF and then to web.  PagePlus retains all the columns and
>>formatting perfectly.
>>http://www.serif.com/pageplus/pageplus9/index.asp
>>
>>--
>>
>>"If you don't know where you are going,
>>any road will take you there!"

0
wordwiz (948)
5/1/2004 7:33:16 PM
Maybe I misunderstood the goal.  I thought the goal was to print a booklet
from a pdf file.

If you want to print sequential pages not in booklet form, change the
original file from booklet to sequential sheets.  If the obstacle is you are
starting with a pdf file and want pages in sequential pages, then the Tools
that comes with PDF-XChange would do the trick.

--
Don
--------

> How PDF-XCahnge can do better than other PDF printer when Publisher sent
> (8,1), (2,7),... and you must print (1), (2,3) ... ?
>
> "Don Schmidt" <Retired Engineer@PNB.usa> a �crit dans le message de
> > Recently I created a Pub file, converted it to pdf and it prints it out
in
> > the same order as the pub file.  I use the commercial pdf converting
> > program, PDF-XChange.
> >
> > The have a trial version if you are interested.  See below for the
> address.
> >
> > --
> > Don
> > -------
> > We use PDF-XChange for our pdf needs. It's available at:
> > http://www.docu-track.com
> >

> > "Zixiong WANG" <z.wang@sysium.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When you print a booklet, Publisher puts automatically pages in the
> > > appropriate order (ex: for a 8 pages booklet, the order is (8, 1), (2,
> 7),
> > > (6, 3), (4, 5), and each couple of pages are on a same sheet).
> > >
> > > But we want to create the same booklet in PDF format, so we need a
> > > sequential order : (1), (2, 3), (4, 5), (6, 7), (8), just like what's
> show
> > > by Publisher when in edition mode.
> > >
> > > We create PDF by printing on a PDF virtual printer (pdf995).
> > >
> > > But we can't tell Publisher to output in our needed order.
> > >
> > > Do you have any idea ?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Zixiong WANG
> > > z.wang@sysium.com

0
Engineer1 (288)
5/1/2004 11:09:02 PM
If you change the option back to NORMAL it will put everything in the
correct page order.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/2/2004 3:14:40 AM
Ok, so I have to choose Normal instead of booklet format.

Yes, in normal format, I can choose what ever page order, but I get another
problem : I can't print two A5 pages on one A4 sheet without page reduction.

When my document is of A4 format, I need only choose "2 pages on one sheet"
in one of Acrobote Distiller's option, then all my A4 pages are reduced by
50% and 2 pages are put on one A4 sheet.

With my A5 page format, I'v tried all combinaisons of page and paper
orientation, when I successfully put 2 A5 pages on one A4 sheet, they got
reduced.

So my problem is :
When using booklet format (A5 when closed, A4 when open), I get the good
page size (A5), 2 A5 pages on one A4 sheet, but not the good page order.
When using normal format (A5 pages), I get good page order, but I can't get
the good page size when I print two A5 pages on one A4 sheet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

> If you change the option back to NORMAL it will put everything in the
> correct page order.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
z.wang (15)
5/3/2004 2:00:16 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Zixiong WANG <z.wang@sysium.com>!"...
> With my A5 page format, I'v tried all combinaisons of page and paper
> orientation, when I successfully put 2 A5 pages on one A4 sheet, they
> got reduced.

You need to select A5 page size under File > Page Setup > Printer and Paper.
If Distiller can't do it properly then, then you might need to use something
like FinePrint 2000 from www.fineprint.com

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2004 2:07:07 PM
I'v set 148x210 (A5) in page size, A4 in paper size of printer. Tried
portait or landscape, one or 2 page per sheet, etc.

When you want to print 2 pages on one sheet, you can :
- tell Publisher to arrange pages or
- tell printer to arrange pages

The problem is that Publisher has bundled settings : with booklet, 2 pages
are on one sheet, but page order is fixed ; with normal format, order is
flexible, but you can only arrange to print 2 copies of the SAME page on one
sheet, but not consequentive pages.

When you tell PDF virtual printer to put 2 pages on one sheet, it operates a
50% reduction on your pages.

Can you tell FinePrint to assemble 2 pages output by Publisher on one final
sheet ?

Thanks,

"Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> a �crit dans le message de
> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Zixiong WANG <z.wang@sysium.com>!"...
> > With my A5 page format, I'v tried all combinaisons of page and paper
> > orientation, when I successfully put 2 A5 pages on one A4 sheet, they
> > got reduced.
>
> You need to select A5 page size under File > Page Setup > Printer and
Paper.
> If Distiller can't do it properly then, then you might need to use
something
> like FinePrint 2000 from www.fineprint.com
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
z.wang (15)
5/3/2004 3:54:36 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Zixiong WANG <z.wang@sysium.com>!"...
> I'v set 148x210 (A5) in page size, A4 in paper size of printer. Tried
> portait or landscape, one or 2 page per sheet, etc.

I know you have.
Which is why I said to set **A5** page size in File > Page Setup > Printer
and Paper.

If you do that, then Acrobat or FinePrint or anything apart from Publisher
will assemble them two-to-a-page.
Distiller was reducing them because each A4 page had an A5 page slap bang in
the middle.  So when it stuck two-to-a-page, then it reduced each A4 down to
an A5, leaving the gaps and the reductions.
If you use the A5 page sie in your printer settings, then it will come out
in a format assemblable by other applications.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2004 4:06:26 PM
Thanks for your responses.

When I set A5 paper size, Publisher prints all pages out (one A5 page per A5
sheet) senquentially to PDF file. But I can't figure out how Acrobat or
FinePrint knows how to assemble them two-to-a-page ? who instructs them to
do that ?

In fact, with these setting, I get simply A5 format pages in Acrobat. I can
of cause show pages in side-by-side mode in Acrobat, which is very similar
to Publisher's edition view of booklet. But it's just a view mode, each page
is still on a separated sheet. If the person who gets my PDF trys to view it
in normal mode, he'll not get the views I need, pictures spanning two pages
will be cut, he'll see only a half of the picture on each page.

Except you can merge two A5 pages in one A4 inside Acrobat or FinePrint ? I
don't know if it's possible.

> A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
> Zixiong WANG <z.wang@sysium.com>!"...
> > I'v set 148x210 (A5) in page size, A4 in paper size of printer. Tried
> > portait or landscape, one or 2 page per sheet, etc.
>
> I know you have.
> Which is why I said to set **A5** page size in File > Page Setup > Printer
> and Paper.
>
> If you do that, then Acrobat or FinePrint or anything apart from Publisher
> will assemble them two-to-a-page.
> Distiller was reducing them because each A4 page had an A5 page slap bang
in
> the middle.  So when it stuck two-to-a-page, then it reduced each A4 down
> an A5, leaving the gaps and the reductions.
> If you use the A5 page sie in your printer settings, then it will come out
> in a format assemblable by other applications.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
z.wang (15)
5/3/2004 5:15:57 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Zixiong WANG <z.wang@sysium.com>!"...
> When I set A5 paper size, Publisher prints all pages out (one A5 page
> per A5 sheet) senquentially to PDF file. But I can't figure out how
> Acrobat or FinePrint knows how to assemble them two-to-a-page ? who
> instructs them to do that ?

You would use the same setting as you were using before to get two pages to
a sheet in Distiller, or in FinePrint.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
5/3/2004 8:11:34 PM
You can do anything you want within Acrobat.
Re-arrange pages and sizes and anything you will need to do.
Learn to use Acrobat correctly.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/3/2004 8:59:41 PM
I don't know very well Acrobat, but an expert told me that Acrobat can't
merge 2 A5 pages on one A4 page.

He told me that with a 3rd party tool like Quite Imposing, it's OK. (but you
must pay another $325 !)
http://www.pdfstore.com/details.asp?ProdID=35.

Could you confirm what you said ?

Thanks.

> You can do anything you want within Acrobat.
> Re-arrange pages and sizes and anything you will need to do.
> Learn to use Acrobat correctly.
>
> --
>
> "If you don't know where you are going,
> any road will take you there!"

0
z.wang (15)
5/4/2004 9:59:51 AM
Trust me, you can open another instance of Acrobat and do everything you
want.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1941)
5/4/2004 10:15:37 AM
Go to Page Setup , click on 'Change page Order', check the option 'Print one
page per sheet' and then print the publication to PDF and you get it in  the
order you want.

0
tomalgire (14)

Order Quantity Modifiers
I have installed GP 10 SP4, a clean installation. When I open the Inventory Module and go into the Item Resource Planning window, the Order Quantity Modifiers are not showing on the form. I know they are there because if I select to modify the form they show up. I am logging into GP as 'sa' , so it should not be a permissions issue. I recreated the company database initialization and the form is still missing the OQ Modifiers. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled GP completely with no success. Can anyone offer any suggestion? Thanks, Paula -- Paula Try...

changing book1 default
Hello everybody How can I find and change the book1.xls defaults? Changing the font or the page defaults. Thanx Yoa -- yoa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yoav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1457 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 go to Tools - Options. you can change the default font at the Genera tab. could not understand what you meant by page default -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra'...

Printing Posting Transactions
After I post a transaction (for example, a purchase receiving transaction) and press "print" and follow the commands, I am not able to print it again should my printer be "down". As we all know, printers are not always reliable. I need to have these "hard copies" to pass along to my accounting department after my postings. Does anyone know how to go back in and reprint these postings? (Using Windows 95) Go to Reports --> Purchasing --> Posting Journals --> Receivings Posting Journal. -- Charles Allen, MVP "darcyjo" wrote: > After...

Block an area of sheet from Printing?
I often accidentally print entire sheet instead of just the first page. I only the first page to ever be printed. Is there a way to block the rest of the excel sheet from printing? thanks You can highlight the cells by clicking the upper left cell and drag to the lower-right cell. Go to File>Set Print Area. The highlighted section will be the area that prints. "lbbss" wrote: > I often accidentally print entire sheet instead of just the first page. I > only the first page to ever be printed. Is there a way to block the rest > of the excel sheet ...

Changing 'volume' and 'issue' numbers in monthly publications
A previous post suggested saving the current newsletter as 'publisher template' then entering the new information. However, when I do this Publisher does not update the 'issue' number. How do I accomplish this without starting from scratch each month and even then, get the 'volume' and 'issue' numbers to automatically update or change them manually? -- Midge How would the program know what system you use for the designations? Do it manually. You only have to change it on the cover. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Midge" <Mi...

Minimizing Outlook 2002 puts it near front of tab order
I've been having (what I think is) a very strange problem with Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. If there is more than one other top-level window open and Outlook 2002's main window is minimized, OL's main window then shows up as the second window in the tabbing (Alt+Tab) order. To reproduce this, open several applications, bring OL to the front, minimize it, and then hold down Alt+Tab. Regardless of how many other non-minimized windows are open, OL still shows up as the second window (after the one on top). This contrasts sharply with the normal behavior of top-level windows, where a ...

Change Display Control on a Table Programmatically
First, let me begin by saying that I don't know VB. I have been trying to do this using a macro. I need to set the display control for a field in about a 100 tables. Currently, the Yes/No field has a Display Control of Text and I need it to be a check box. When I created a macro using the following actions, I get an error message that it doesn't recognize Tables!. Does this mean that I can only use run code for forms and reports. Please excuse me if the question is stupid. I am trying to muddle along until I can take a class. Open Table: City Design View Edit ...

use OWA 2010 as default client
we just got the new Exchange 2010. I was quite disappointed to learn that outlook client licenses are no longer included with exchange. Most of our users use OWA and it is quite adequate for them. Is there a way with OWA 2010 to set it as the default mail client on win xp/win 7? I read some postings about doing this for OWA 2003, but it seems that the was no definitive solution. I tried one of the fixes for this, but it didnt work for me with OWA 2010. Does anyone know how to do this? Regards, Does anyone know if the Outlook Client Licenses for 2010 will be grandfathe...

Network drives unavailable after password change
Hello, We use SBS 2003 Server SP2 and I have a policy set to obligate the users to change their passwords after 180 days. With some it works perfect, but with others something strange happens. When they change their password, net work drives and printers and outlook doesn't work. Normally when you enter the new password once it should all work again. But when I try to connect to the server by dnsname it gives that user to enter username and password. So I fill in domain\username following with the new password and then it comes back again saying something is wrong and tr...

Default Create New Journal Entry with Dialer
I am using the Dial feature with my Outlook contacts. It works great. In the "New Call" dialogue box the is a check box to "Create new Journal Entry when starting new call". I would like to change that to be checked by default, rather than unchecked as it currently is. Any advice on how to go about doing this? Thanks in advance. ~ Rick... ...

Linking an iframe to a unique intranet account record page
We have an internal client database website that I'd like to link to a custom tab within CRM (as an iframe). Each record/url in the client website has a client number. This client number is the same as the "AccountNumber" within CRM. So I want AccountNumber '7130' to display this url within my custom iframe tab: http://intranet.website.com/apps/company/body.asp?cno=7130 The account name also matches exactly, so if it is easier to build the url based on the name, that would work too. Thanks in advance... FYI, here's what I've done thus far: 1. Create a...

Published spreedsheet as web page BUT I can't see it over the Internet
Published page from Excel 2000 as html with spreadsheet functionality. My server (W2K server) is up to date with Service packs, patches and updates. The system I'm attempting to view the page from is also up to date. (W2K Pro) I can view WebPages being hosted by the server. (ASP and standard html) Just not Microsoft office generated pages. Both systems have the latest MDAC upgrade. Ideas are more than appreciated!!! Dave ...

Attachment icons won't print in memo style
Hello, I'm having trouble getting the attachment icons to print when I print a mail message in "memo style". What is weird is that when I display the message in "print preview", the attachment icons are displayed. But when I click on "print", the message prints without the attachment icons displaying. I tried creating a copy of "memo style", thinking that the "memo style" that I was using was somehow modified, but that didn't do anything. Also, this phenomenon is not consistent, since in some cases the attachment icon DOES print. I...

Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co
I've been on Excel 2007 for two months and I have a recurring problem with worksheets I coded in Excel 2003. When I copy a worksheet that contains a chart, the new chart still retrieves its data from cells on the original sheet. I am trying to create one sheet as a template, then copy it multiple times, and change the data (and graphs) on each new sheet. Obviously I want the charts to get the data from the sheets they are on, not the original sheet. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? This is a problem with Excel 2007. I think if you copy the sheet to a new workbook...

Saving page in MS Pub as GIF, JPG, et cetera
Is there a way to save a one page MS Pub file as a GIF or JPG? Thanks. drgeorgep <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to save a one page MS Pub file as a GIF or JPG? Thanks. Yes. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Select all on the page, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34440F71-9ADB-45CF-8...

brochure printing
I am trying to print an order of service on A4 paper (four pages) manual double sided printing so that each face of the page is 11cm x 15cm, to which I then can cut down to the corretc size but when I print out the back face of the pages, it is not in alignment with the front pages. Help On the second page put all the objects opposite of where they are now. For example if an object is on the right on the first page, the object that needs to be on the back of this page should be on the left on the second page. I hope this isn't too muddy to understand. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:...

Printing causes crash
I have 40 sites running a VC++ MFC application. 4 of the sites would have the application crash when it ayyempted to do simple printing. The applications are running on WIN 98 and I develop on W2000. I usually found that having them load an OLDER printer driver eliminated the crash. I just released an upgrade which increased the code size by 75k .... all of a suddun, 3 new sites are now crashing when printing. I touched NOTHING in the printing process. I am lost as to how to even debug this issue since I never crash. It appears to be tied to program size. Any insite as to how...

How to print a dialog?
i generate a dialog based project, and i want to print the main dialog. what should i do? thanks Define what you mean by "print". Generally, printing the contents of a window as a bitmap is pretty useless, although you can look at my class for doing window capture (on my MVP Tips site). I put the window pixels in the clipboard, bcause that's what I want to do, but once you have the bitmap, you can print it. But the result is remarkably ugly. joe On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 06:59:08 -0700, "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i generate a dialog bas...

$997 PROFIT Per Order 1 to 2 Deals Per Day! #2
$50,000 a month That's What Our Top Associates Earned Last Month Without Ever Talking To A Prospect. www.LiveTrustedPartners.com ...

Cannot print from Outlook, Outlook Express
I get "An error has occurred in the script on the page..." Further down in the message it refers to: res://C:\windows\System32\shdoclc.dll/previewdlg.. This happens at the point I go to print the message. There are two additional script errors dealing with the above address. Then nothing. I have to "Select all", copy, and paste into Word to get my messages. Pentium 4, Windows XP, USB Canon i860 printer Any suggestions. Ed Pattison ...

Landscape print problem with outlook 2003 and Vista
Hi there, I have two Vista Business clients with the same problem. When I try to print from outlook 2003 SP2 in landscape orientation, the first page is incompleted while the rests are ok. I have tried to change printer and also printer drivers but I receive the same output in all cases. Is there a known issue with Vista and Outlook 2003? Someone could help me? Thanks in advance Daniele Sorry, I can't help you, but I am having the same problem Fresh install of winXP, o2ksbe, IE8: Ran "microsoft update" until my fingers are bleeding. When I go to print an email from outl...

How do I change the order of the series in the Source Data?
I have a chart that trackes sales numbers by the month. Each year I add a series. I would like to get the series to display in order. How do I change the order? Select the series that you want to reorder. You will see something that looks like this: =SERIES(,'Sheet1'!$A$2:$A$11,'Sheet1!$H$2:$H$11,5) You need to change the # at the very end of the series. =SERIES(,'Sheet1'!$A$2:$A$11,'Sheet1!$H$2:$H$11,1) "Earl" <Earl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E8EF0FE-4E7C-4773-A379-99EB39EA829B@microsoft.com... > I have a chart that ...

Check printing problems
Hi, I have Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe. I use laser checks, 3 to a page. Everything is great if I want to print 1, 2 or 3 checks to a new sheet of checks (one that has all three checks intact). The problem happens when I want to print 1 check to a sheet of checks with 2 checks remaining. Money requires that you change the orientation of the check sheet when there are less than 3 checks on a sheet (must go in sideways when less than 3 checks on a sheet; when all 3 checks still on the sheet, it goes in head first). I consistently have problems when feeding in sideways, and I don't want to h...

import/download date not changing-no support for trial ver?
M05 Deluxe trial, upgraded from M02. I posted this question on 10/10 and recieved a suggestion that doesn't apply to me. I don't use any of the online banking features offered by my Credit Union. I only export files and import them into Money. The suggestion didn't work because M05 (correctly) does not show any banks set up for online services. I really don't want to purchase the software unless this is corrected. But I'm thinking I don't have any online support offerings, other than this newsgroup, because it's a trial. What I'd really like to do is send my...

Pivot Table Defaults
Is there a way to change the default field settings Excel assigns pivot tables? Whenever I add data, the default is to have it be the 'count of' items. I want it to be 'sum' with a set number format. You can't change the default setting. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If each cell in the column contains a number, it should default to Sum. John wrote: > Is there a way to change the default field settings Excel > assigns pivot tables? Whenever I a...