Centering words in a table.

Think after using publisher i would know by now, but never seem to get the
knack of it.

I create a text box, type in the words, then want to center, sometimes
either vert. or horz.
most times though in the center of the box.
I highlight the text in the box.

If I go to position on page, the box always ends up most of the time in the
lower right hand off the page?

In poistioning the text I have tried to change the wrap, in the layout,
tried changing wrapping style, but I don't seem to get anywhere?
thanks Bruce

0
notreally (40)

You want to center a text box to the page, a table to the page, the text in the
text box or center text in a table?
What version Publisher?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> wrote in message
> Think after using publisher i would know by now, but never seem to get the
> knack of it.
>

> I create a text box, type in the words, then want to center, sometimes either
> vert. or horz.
> most times though in the center of the box.
> I highlight the text in the box.
>
> If I go to position on page, the box always ends up most of the time in the
> lower right hand off the page?
>
> In poistioning the text I have tried to change the wrap, in the layout, tried
> changing wrapping style, but I don't seem to get anywhere?
> thanks Bruce

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/30/2006 1:32:56 PM
2003 MSP

I want to center the text, that is inside the text box?

I believe I have centering the text box itself, somehwat
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> You want to center a text box to the page, a table to the page, the text
> in the text box or center text in a table?
> What version Publisher?
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> wrote in message
>> Think after using publisher i would know by now, but never seem to get
>> the knack of it.
>>

>> I create a text box, type in the words, then want to center, sometimes
>> either vert. or horz.
>> most times though in the center of the box.
>> I highlight the text in the box.
>>
>> If I go to position on page, the box always ends up most of the time in
>> the lower right hand off the page?
>>
>> In poistioning the text I have tried to change the wrap, in the layout,
>> tried changing wrapping style, but I don't seem to get anywhere?
>> thanks Bruce

0
notreally (40)
6/30/2006 2:57:57 PM
Select the text box, select all, (ctrl + a), align center.
If you are wanting the text to be centered without the text alignment,
right-click the text box, click format text box, Text Box tab, set the vertical
alignment to middle.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> 2003 MSP
>
> I want to center the text, that is inside the text box?
>

> I believe I have centering the text box itself, somehwat
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> You want to center a text box to the page, a table to the page, the text in
>> the text box or center text in a table?
>> What version Publisher?
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Bruce" <notreally@idontwantoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Think after using publisher i would know by now, but never seem to get the
>>> knack of it.
>>>

>>> I create a text box, type in the words, then want to center, sometimes
>>> either vert. or horz.
>>> most times though in the center of the box.
>>> I highlight the text in the box.
>>>
>>> If I go to position on page, the box always ends up most of the time in the
>>> lower right hand off the page?
>>>
>>> In poistioning the text I have tried to change the wrap, in the layout,
>>> tried changing wrapping style, but I don't seem to get anywhere?
>>> thanks Bruce

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

OT: demoralized tables
Kirk Kuykendall has a good overview on Common Table Expressions http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/CTE/62291/ but his conclusion contains a "new db term" (at least I had never seen it before)... "As you can see CTEs can be very useful. I have found them particularly handy when cleaning up demoralized tables. Like imported spread sheets." I assume it was on purpose and couldn't resist passing it on. We've all been there... gary I'm wondering if demoralized tables might be an undiscovered cause of file corruption. I would think that one table wit...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

9.0 Table Changes
Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK before I can get a list of the table names? -- Doug You need to install the SDK "Doug" wrote: > Will be updating to V9, am looking for a list of the tables that changed and > the documentation says it is on V9 cd 2, under the SDK > > But I don't see anything on the CD so do I have to install v9, and the SDK > before I can get a list of the tabl...

Excel and Word #2
I converted a class schedule from Word to Excel in order to better work with formulas since I am terrible with math. My concern now is that I will want to email it back to volunteers for review. Can I just copy it into Word and will they be able to view it or will they have to have Excel? Thanks for information. Susan Hello Susan, A copy/paste command will create a Word table in Word from Excel. you could also do the following: Insert, object, From file, browse to the Excel file, Insert. With this method you can check "link" and from now on everytime you change something...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like: Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that&...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

merge and center data
I wanted my data value to be arranged in a way where it is in middle alignment and are merged together as one whole column; without the lines in between. So I use the merge and center icon. But it says merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only. How to merge and center the data and yet retaining all the data value at the same time? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =A2&B2 replace A and B with the columns you want to merge, copy d...

Scrolling Tables list
When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or queries etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; making it difficult to find the item I want to select. This seems to be worse with my new computer. Are there settings I should adjust. "Crop scout" <Crop scout@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestiss´┐Ż:771C65DD-5D6E-47EF-B987-C797A680FB59@microsoft.com... > When I use the scroll bar to move up and down the list of tables or > queries > etc, the list continues to vacillate after I stop sliding the bar; makin...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Table-like Outline and Collumm that sums prevous values up
Hello The report I would like to have should be in a tabular form just like the doc document I have attached. However, until now I have not found out how to set the report into a tabular outline. It is quite uncomfortable and time intensive to set up this report by using lines and the different text fields. In addition, it will not look any good at the end.. Also, I would need a columm that is able to sum up the values before. Just like the "total" under each semester. Are the issues solvable? Greets, Hubertholz attached: http://rapidshare.com/files/35708241...

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

Table-lookup transformations
Hi, we are doing some table-lookup transformations based on LEFT and INNER joins. Probably around 100 - 50K rows/second or something like that. I have noticed that the lookups are getting slower and slower due to a growing database. The server itself is heavily loaded, CPU and IO-subsystem - which I know is not a good combination with SQL server :| I am looking for a way to increase the table-lookup transformation speed without mixing up things with SSIS.. Are there any good ways of doing table-lookup transformations within SQL server? Would it be a good idea to write s...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Pivot Table #46
Hello, I have pivot table based on data that identifies an item as "late" "late if not rec'd today" and "late if not shipped today". The totol lists the correct number from each category for a location but when I double click on that total I get a list of every entry for that location, not just the late etc. What am I doing wrong? When you double click on a total, does it generate a new worksheet? If yes, it is listing out all the data, which the total field is made up of. The other possibility is that you are unhiding a summary field. Govind. xgirl...

Corrupt / Missing Table
OK, so trying to diagnose a series of annoying problems, I've found that we are actually missing the ActivityBase table all together. I don't know how it happened, when it happened or why, but more importantly is that its gone, and we're adding data to the database faster than I can keep up. Any ideas on how to recreate the database? We can't afford to role back nor loose data in a reinstall... TIA! I would contact MBS support and open a support ticket. The $245 for the incident will be well worth it down thee road as you may have a lot of other problems as well. -- ...

Pivot table total decimal places rounding
The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is $1.43999999999994 in the total cell of the pivot table but I need just $1.44 I have formatted the table as currency and using 97. Pivot tables can lose their formatting if the data is refreshed. Reapply the formatting, and make sure that 'Preserve formatting' is checked (under PivotTable>Table Options). AM wrote: > The totals in my pivot tables have too many decimal places. > I total -$1,025.31 and $1,023.87 and the result is > $1.43999999999994 in the to...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...