Catalog Merge Blank Lines

In Publisher 2003, consider the following example for a Catalog Merge:

<<name>>
<<address_1>>
<<address_2>>
<<city>>, <<state>> <<zip>>

If the address_2 field in my data set is empty, I do not want a blank line.

When I preview records, the blanks lines do disappear but, then, when I
complete the merge creating a directory, all of the blank lines appear
again.  Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Merging Excel contact list with Outlook email
Hello:confused:! I have a list of around 300 contacts in Excel with their names an their email addresses. I want to send all of them the same email, bu personalising each mail for each person. I dont want to copy and past each email and each name individually into the message 300 times. Is there a way of automating the process so that the emails ar automatically inserted into the the email address box, and the names o the contacts are inserted just after the word "Dear" in the message? Thank you so much in advance:) ! Mo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try thi...

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

Merge cells in two columns
Hi I have a worksheet with 300 rows Is it possible to merge 2 adjacent columns in one or two steps without having to do each one individually I've just learnt how to merge 2 adjacent cells to include all data in the range in the merged cell column C has the word 'dist' in ever row column D has numbers from 1 to 14 in random order using Excel 2000 Martin ���� >>Is it possible to merge 2 adjacent columns in one or two steps without having to do each one individually Easy, but you have to use a menu choice not shown on the menus by default. Do a View, Toolbars, Custom...

CRT, VCRT, MFC merge modules not updated with VS2003 SP1.
Merge modules are not updated by the VS2003SP1 installer. Where can I get new msm files with updated components?-- Thanks, Stefan Hi Stefan, I have checked those msm files after applying the VS2003 SP1, their contained DLL files have already been updated to the 7.10.6030.0 version ones. If this is not the case in your machine, I suggest you run that VS2003 SP1package under the admin account. Thanks! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to http://msdn.m...

Delete Blank Lines
Hi All: I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank lines wisely? Any advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Charles Charles, How about sorting the file and then "mass" highlighting and deleting them? -- Ken Hudson "Charles" wrote: > Hi All: > > I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands > because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank > lines wisely? Any a...

Preventing Blank based on another Cell
I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell equals a text value (say "S"). Anyone have an idea? I am stumped at this seemingly easy task. I forgot to add the valid combinations: E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID bluegrassstateworker wrote: > I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right. I > have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell > equals a text value (sa...

UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank
I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem. As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is again empty. How do I rectify...

Grey Header Line
I have received an email in Outlook 2002 that the font is a light grey in color in the header. I'm sure it indicates something - I just can't find the explanation anywhere. The curiosity level is high. Thanks in advance, MoonDogii Could it be an expired email item? "MoonDogii" <bmohney@REMOVECAPSclayburngroup.com> wrote in message news:unwuB7kWGHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have received an email in Outlook 2002 that the font is a light grey in >color in the header. I'm sure it indicates something - I just can't find >the explanation ...

Mysterious line
After reconfiguring a form in excel a problem occured during printing. A mysterious line appears across the page. It does not appear in print preview. Only during printing. The printer works fine on other items so it's not that. I did create a custom paper size during redefining. Frustrated hi, print some other document on the same printer. also some document for another machine. if the line is still there on all of them, it's the printer. >-----Original Message----- >After reconfiguring a form in excel a problem occured >during printing. A mysterious line ap...

Trying to achieve blank cells in formulas
Two questions - similiar nature!! 1. This formula relies on another cell having the appropriate information in which it can perform. However, if nothing is entered in the cell and I want to copy the formula down the column for future entried - What can I include in this formula to ensure that if other cells are empty (nothing to calculate against) that it leaves the cell empty too. Presently, I get N/A# =VLOOKUP(G2,'Data sheet2 '!$A$5:$B$12,2,TRUE) 2. what would the formula be for a simplier calculation i.e =n3*m3 (again if nothing is in n3 what can I add to the formula so it leav...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Ping Jon Peltier: Custom colors above & below horizontal lines
Hello again, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to color-code "zones" within a chart. Using some the techniques described on your (EXTREMELY helpful!!) website, I have created a box-and-whisker plot, and added horizontal lines indicating certain target values (upper and lower). I would like to conditionally color-code the plot areas delineated by these upper and lower horizontal lines...i.e. below the 5th percentile line=red, above the 25th percentile line=green, between the 5th and 25th percentiles=yellow. Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations etc. would be greatly ap...

merging files
there is a folder containing 400 excel files which are on same pattern. I want to merge all files in a single new excel file. Hi Maaz See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm Or one of the other examples on my site -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Maaz" <Maaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78BD6D53-6DD7-4FDA-B812-98FA5073C243@microsoft.com... > there is a folder containing 400 excel files which are on same pattern. I > want to merge all files in a single new excel file. i am new user i didnt know about amcros would ple...

ANN: nxslt.exe (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.5
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.5 of the nxslt.exe - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt is compatible with command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude and XPointer, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom ...

Drop shadow on Drawn Lines 2008
I post in the Acrobat forums at Adobe Forums. I gave suggestion for creating forms using either underscores or Leader Tabs to create Form elements to use in Acrobat Forms Wizard. Name: _____________ Address: _____________ and so on. I've been chastised mercilessly by another contributor That say doing that adds unnecessary Characters. the contributor suggested used Drawing lines. I tried on a Blank page using Drawing line after I found the correct menu. But I found a couple of things wrong. 1. There is no way to control the starting/ending points (does not...

Mail Merge 12-16-09
Can I do a Mail Merge message from Outlook? With Outlook, sure. But not with Windows Mail (the subject of this newsgroup). "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E224B24C-5D6E-416C-9146-E02EFFD8544B@microsoft.com... > Can I do a Mail Merge message from Outlook? ...

Access/Excel: Create multiple Lines/Column out of one mulit-line Column?
Hallo everyone! I spent a lot of time today searching for a response to my question but I had unfortunately no success. The problem is the following: I have got an Access-table called Employee with an ID and one corresponding Field/Column called comment. These comments are stupidly multi-line (separated by a Return). It's my aim to have access (he he, wordplay) to these two fields in Excel whereas the field shouldn't be longer that 255 characters. I considered three solutions: The table could be changed after being exported to excel in the following two ways: - Multiple Comment Column...

Getting rid of blank rows withouth deleting them #2
I wanted to find a way to make it automatically because i have to do i in many worksheets, but this works great, Thanks a lot for the hel -- sams ----------------------------------------------------------------------- samsg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1624 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27725 ...

Merge duplicate accounts warning
Be VERY careful if you even LOOK at the 'Merge Duplicate Accounts' page. If you go to the 'Merge Duplicate Accounts' page, the focus is on the first drop-down box in the list. If you then scroll down the page with your mouse wheel, you might not notice that the first drop-down list has scroll from the 'Make a selection' (or whatever prompt) to some valid account in the list. When it gets to the bottom of the list, the page scrolls, taking that focused list out of site. You may then pick another drop-down list and make an intentional choice to merge a different ac...

Reinstalled Office 07: Now can't do merge to email
Hi guys, every Friday I send out a message to about 100 emails. This week I had to reinstall Vista and Office 07 and now I can't get emails to go out. The merge happens in that I can see the names being filled in but basically the messages don't get sent. They are not appearing in my outbox or sent mail. I'm on an Exchange server, but that's not new. Grateful for advice so I can get this message out urgently. Thanks in advance Jo On Jul 24, 1:48=A0pm, Boppy <therealbo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi guys, every Friday I send out a message to about 100 emails. This > ...

How To Have A Form Start With A Blank?
Access 2007 I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank form. How can I accomplish that? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! (B^>)-]=[ Put the following code in the OnLoad Event of the form DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec This will open the form in a state that is ready to enter a new record, but also allow you to search existing records. On 2/22/10 9:26 AM, WSR wrote: > Access 2007 > > I have created a form for input and the user wants it to start at a blank > form. > > How can I accomplish that? > >...

Creating array from matrix with blank values
I have a matrix in the following format 1 X X X X X X X X X X X 3 X X X X X 4 X X X X X X X X where 'X' is a blank cell. I need to get the data in the form 1 3 4 Any suggestions? I tried a nested if statement but it doesn't work since there are more than 7 ifs. Andryll, If there is only one value in each row, then simply using =SUM(A1:L1) where A1:L1 is your top row, then copied down for two more rows, will give you your desired result. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <Andryll.Davis@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160141392.644344.173360@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com......

Linking to a data range containing blank cells
I'm using MS Excel 2003. I've got a chart from range of data gives the calculates accumulated total from another table and would like the option to have the calculation result in a blank cell that is not plotted as a zero. I tried the following IF statement: =IF(Q6="","",Q6+P12) but "" is still treated as a zero. Any suggestions? Thanks, - James =IF(Q6="",NA(),Q6+P12) -- David Biddulph "James from Sage" <JamesfromSage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4CCAF0-07B1-4398-95FE-605DDB6C6A44@microsoft.com......