catalog merge #6

I've got an MS Access database with information on genealogical photos and
have successfully created a catalog which merges all the photos with their
descriptions. I want to know, if I add more pictures and descriptions to the
database, can I re-use this merge design that I've already created or do I
have to re-create a catalog design with the wizard every time I add records
to the database? Is there an easy way to save the catalog design as a
template and just re-run it with the database any time I want?

When you save the publication, the merge stays with the file.

In step five of the catalog merge there is an option to create a publication.
You might want to try this. When you add items to the data base, run the merge
again, create a new publication, copy/paste the new pages to the original
document or delete the original publication and use the edited one.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JohnStuart" <JohnStuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got an MS Access database with information on genealogical photos and
> have successfully created a catalog which merges all the photos with their
> descriptions. I want to know, if I add more pictures and descriptions to the
> database, can I re-use this merge design that I've already created or do I
> have to re-create a catalog design with the wizard every time I add records
> to the database? Is there an easy way to save the catalog design as a
> template and just re-run it with the database any time I want?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Missing Product Catalog Under Settings
Several of the instructions under help refer to the Product Catalog link under settings for establishing your products. This link doesn't appear for me and I'm logged on as a system administrator. Can anyone please tell me why it's not showing up and what I must do to get it to show up? Most likely it is the license that you have. Only the "Professional" Version of Sales/Customer Service/Suite has Product Catalog access. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message...

Merge Worksheet Columns
Please, how do I merge columns from two worksheets? Example: Worksheet 1 Worksheet 2 List Data1 List Data2 1 600 2 489 2 476 4 258 3 123 5 147 4 768 5 453 6 654 Merged Worksheet 3 List Data1 Data2 1 600 2 476 489 3 123 4 768 258 5 453 147 6 654 So I want to take worksheet 1 and merge it with worksheet 2 by "List" and create work...

Excel and Mail Merge
I am using an excel document to create a mail merge in word. I am having problems with my zip codes. My document reflects the correct mailing address, but when merging, any zip code that starts with a "Zero", the zero is dropped, thus an incomplete zip code. I have changed my the formulas in my cells using every option available, I have deleted the address and re-entered it, and I have also created a new document but I still get the same results. Anyone have any suggestions? Debra Dalgleish posted this: In the Mail Merge, after you select your Excel file as a data source, you ...

publisher 2000 mail merge
I have a list of approx. 1500 names and addresses on an excel spreadsheet that I would like to mail merge directly with our brochures in publisher. When I try to do this, I get an error message that says my "data source has more than one worksheet/table." Am I s.o.l. because my list is so long, or is there another way to do this? Instead of attempting to use the Excel spreadsheet directly, you will have better luck if the data is exported to a CSV file. Mail merge doesn't seem to choke on the data as it does sometimes with Excel. -- Ron Cohen "erin" <vberin...

Lining Scale to Merged Cells
Is there a way to set the Y axis minimum and maximum using a link to a merged cell range? Example: Cell Range M20:O29 Value entered 65% Cell Range M15:O15 Value entered 115% I want to be able to change the scale in the worksheet without having to format the scale in the chart itself. Would this be done with VBA in the worksheet module where the chart is imbedded? Thanks, Phil Hi Phil, There is no in built way to do this. But have a look at Jon's page, which also includes a reference to Tushar's Auto chart manager. (http://peltiertech.co...

mail merge page numbers PUB2000
I have a book that will be printed as an 5.5x8.5 perfect bound anthology. It's in PUB2000. Currently I am working using the "bookfold" setting, but I know I can switch back and forth to setting the page size as "custom" to the correct size. Anyway, I want to start the writings numbering on page 1, not paget 6 as they currently are. I read about using mail merge to do this, but don't know where - or what page setup to use to get this to happen. I don't want to have to buy PUB2003 just to do this. Help, anyone? Jean The file will not post as MS do not run Linux ...

Functions #6
Ok here is a hard one for someone who has really good excel skills. I have to sheets that i want to combine. These sheets have 2 columns each. They each share a column that is the same. I want to put whats is the unshared colum of one into the other so i dont have to use each work sheet to look up information. Well itll be easier to tell you what it is. Both list my part numbers. One sheet shows the part number then the price next to it. The other shows the part number then the vendor for it. I want to combine it so one sheet will show price and vendor. I cant copy and paste because the...

Hard disk not mount in CEPC 6.0
Hi I followed all the steps from the MSDN site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee478949.aspx after rebuild my solution and transfer the image to CEPC 6.0. The problem is "hard disk" is not mounted(I cant see any Hard drive in Storag Manager in CEPC 6.0) Anyone please advise me, I am using IDE hard drive. Regards Peru On 2/1/2010 7:43 AM, venki wrote: > Hi > I followed all the steps from the MSDN site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee478949.aspx > after rebuild my solution and transfer the image to CEPC 6.0. > > The problem is &quo...

Office 2008 will not update or run in other than safe mode in OS 10.6
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel OS 10.6 Snow Leopard 2 GHz intel duo 2 GB 677 MHz Ram Office 2008 12.2.0 When I run any office module it does not load, when I run Word I just get "optimizing fonts" message and I have to force quit (application not responding). It runs in safe mode but when I try to do the update, even in safe mode, to 12.2.1 it says it says that "a version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume". I did a reinstall from the CD in safe mode (quit all programs, select remove Office, restart after install) and then tried t...

lotus notes 6.5.3 local area server connection setup !!!
Hello All, I need to find lotus notes 6.5.3. connection server setup details. After I was installed 6.5.3 .I go to setup local area connection server.Type for Server name: xxxxxxxxxxxx then Destination server address setup to xxxxxx for address after that Open the link to the databases on the server, File - Database - Open but there is no my server name in this point Can anybody to help me about this. thanks. Aydin YILDIZ ay_yildiz1881@yahoo.com No, but a support group for Lotus Notes would be where I would start. = Whatever made you think this is an Outlook issue? --=20 Milly S...

Merge two global lists in exchange #3
Hi! I have one (first domain) domain with exchange 2000 and windows 2000. And another (second domain) domain with exchange 2000 and windows 2000 in another forest. I want that users in first domain can see the users from second domain in the outlook list and the other way around. How can i do that? Thanks ...

Merging Quicken file into Money "Register"
I'm trying to switch from Quicken 2002 to Money 2005. My existing check register in Quicken goes back two years. I want to merge that file INTO my new Money Account Register file so that when I start up Money, I have a continuous file that shows the older stuff from Quicken and the new stuff from Money. I cannot figure out how to do this. Can someone provide a step-by-step? Thanks! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=90. It's not exactly step-by-step, but it should point you in the right direction. "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b...

problem with blackberry enterprise server v3.6
Problem with blackberry enterprise server v3.6 running on a new server build, Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 server manager. The usual problem, setting this up and cant get calendar's to work on wireless, e-mail is working fine. Any ideas ? I copy CDO.DLL from my excange server (that dont have outlook installed) so i should have a good CDO.DLL file. Can anyone tell me what file ver of CDO.DLL should i have ? at the moment i got verson 6.0.6603.0 Or any other possibe reasons for this not working ? Thanks Duncan Seems like I had this problem once, and it came down to permissi...

merging worksheets #3
I have set up spreadsheet that is now rather cumbersome, and I am looking for ways to make it less so. I have a large list of clients and about a dozen or so payors to these clients all in one worksheet. I am wanting to reorganize in such a way that I can have a worksheet set up for each payor, and list payments to clients in the appropriate worksheet, determined by who the payor is. My question is: Is there a way to then have a summary worksheet that would list all the clients, linked to the payor worksheets so that it would update as new data is entered, and could I sort them by client...

Outlook Mail Merge with Attachment
I'm trying to do a mail merge in Outlook and attach a word document in the mail merge email. The mail merge functionality works great but it will not take the attachment. So I end up with all the mail merge emails but none of them have the attachment. I'm using MS Office for Small Business 2003. Anybody have insight on what I might be doing wrong? You're not doing anything wrong. Office just doesn't have any functionality for sending a personalized email message that also contains an attachment. You can, however, send just the personalized Word document as an attachm...

Merging information from one Moneyfile into another Money file
I have 2 files, File no.1 a back up (2 months old ) and File no.2 another with current transactions but is missing the first 2 years of transactions. No 2 got messed up with an incomplete sync. I would like to know if there is a way that I could merge or import the last two months of transactions from No.2 into No.1 . I deeply would appreciate any help as it could save hours of data re-entry. Peter In microsoft.public.money, PJ wrote: >I have 2 files, File no.1 a back up (2 months old ) and File no.2 another >with current transactions but is missing the first 2 years of transac...

Merging cells in a shared workbook......
Excel 2003 I ran into something I haven't as of yet and am wondering if it is due to working within a shared workbook. I am unable to merge cells as the option to do so is greyed out. The sheet is not protected by the protect command. Forgive me if this has been asked but since I access this from work, I have to use the web browser and not an actual reader and I haven't found the search function (if there is one). Thanks for any and all replies. :) It is due to being shared. >-----Original Message----- >Excel 2003 > >I ran into something I haven't as of yet ...

Mulitple Listing of items within the single mail merge letter
Column A of my spreadsheet has the addressee's name. Column F has the activity numbers that each addressee is resopnsible for. I want to create one letter to each addressee - "Dear <<column A>>" and then list all the addressee's activities from column F in the body of the letter "Activity Numbers: <<Activity Number - Row 1>>, <<Activity Number- Row 2>>" etc. Anyway that you can assist me? Cheers -- Chippa Hi Chippa, Need some clarification of exactly what you want. Am I correct when you say a letter you m...

Error for multiple users merging data from Access into Word 2003
Hello. I have multiple users who access a Microsoft Access database. The issue I have is that when a user is in the database, a different user is unable to merge data from that database, as Word states that the database file is already in use (which is it). When no one is in the database, all users can merge without issue. When I try to merge data from the database already in use, the error message is as follows: "Test connection failed becuase of an error in initializing provider. Could not use "; file already in use". Is there any simple way that I can make Word '...

Outlook Express 6.0 imported into Outlook 98 on Exchange 2003
Have an Exchange Server 2003 and am setting up Outlook 98 on client workstations. Imported Outlook Express 6.0 address book with no problems. Imported mail on a workstation - however on SOME of the messages cannot open. Error is "Outlook can't open item. Could not complete this operation because the service provider does not support it." When I forward the same message from Outlook Express to the Outlook 98, I can then open the email!! Is there a service I must provide by Exchange to allow the Outlook client to understand the email? ...

XML��� #6

cell + 6 months
I have a cell within a date in the adiacent cell i want to set the date of the cell + 6 months and so on. How can i do that ? Thanks Alberto Hi Alberto =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1)) (minor warning: august 31th + 6 months is after september 1st + 6 months :-) -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Albert0" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:60b901c3e64b$1876cb40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a cell within a date in the adiacent cell i want > to set the date of the cell + 6 months and so on. > How can i do th...

problem with vc++ 6 appwizard
I am trying to learn mfc, but whenever I try to compile even an unmodified skeleton program under appwizard I get 20 errors from the afxdisp.h file. The errors have something to do with trying to do C linkage to the overloaded functions. I have no idea why it is trying to link in C, there are no 'extern "C"' commands associated with the errors in question. I reinstalled visual studio and upgraded to the latest sp of vc++ 6 just to be sure. I downloaded afxdisp.h from the microsoft website and compared it to the copy installed with visual studio, just to see if my file was s...

Compile error with 6.0, not with 5.0
I just upgraded to MSVC 6.0 because of problems with 5.0 (see previous thread). Now I find that a program that builds under 5.0 fails to build under 6.0. <sigh> The problem is in a module that creates a dialog. The warning messages refer to inconsistent DLL linkage, and the error messages refer to definition of dllimport static data member. What I find puzzling is that there are 44 source files in this project, many of which are dialogs, and they give no errors. Here are the messages: Compiling... MyDlg.cpp E:\Tent\Tent2000\MyDlg.cpp(69) : warning C4273: 'ColorSelectDlg...

edit individual pages after merge in publisher
Step 4 in the Merge function tells me I can edit individual pages in step 5. After all is merged, Publisher is only showing me one page. I can't find a way to get at individual pages for editing. When I pull up the print dialog box, it shows 68 letters are there... In step 5 click "Create new publication", Publisher will create 68 letters (pages), you can edit each one. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SampsonRealty" <SampsonRealty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E35EC7F...