cant see pictures in publisher 2003

Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them , clicking on the area of
picture the outline grabs are there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC
MANAGER shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong

If you can click on the image and see outline grabs. Do so
and then choose Order from the Arrange drop down menu and
choose Bring to Front.
0
anonymous (74722)
12/30/2004 11:38:14 PM
Bivvyman wrote:
> Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them ,
> clicking on the area of picture the outline grabs are
> there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC MANAGER
> shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong
=======================================
Does it help if you go to...
View / Pictures / Detailed Display?

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
12/30/2004 11:40:03 PM
This action doesn't show the picture - Any further thoughts

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Bivvyman wrote:
>> Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them ,
>> clicking on the area of picture the outline grabs are
>> there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC MANAGER
>> shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong
> =======================================
> Does it help if you go to...
> View / Pictures / Detailed Display?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> return e-mail disabled

0
paul3231 (5)
12/31/2004 8:00:35 AM

"Chuck Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

0
paul3231 (5)
12/31/2004 8:01:10 AM
Where are you getting the picture? If you inserted the picture from the Office
ClipArt site or any other web page it could be your cache is full, in IE, tools,
Internet Options, delete files. Once you cleared your cache, if the image does not
show up, go back and insert it again.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Paul Harris" <paul@designaweb.biz> wrote in message
> This action doesn't show the picture - Any further thoughts
>
> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Bivvyman wrote:
>>> Inserting pictures work ok , then i cant see them ,
>>> clicking on the area of picture the outline grabs are
>>> there but no visible picture. TOOLS > GRAPHIC MANAGER
>>> shows the thumbprint , thats all , What am i going wrong
>> =======================================
>> Does it help if you go to...
>> View / Pictures / Detailed Display?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>> return e-mail disabled

0
gsauer (5093)
12/31/2004 9:03:32 AM
Hi opened the same file in Publisher 2002 and pictures viewed fine !!
> This action doesn't show the picture - Any further thoughts
>
> "Chuck Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
paul3231 (5)
12/31/2004 10:08:28 AM
Cache is not  a problem,  did as you said , same problem, picture coming
from my pictures folder, I can see it in thumbnail on TOOLS>GRAPHIC MANAGER
.. I inserted another picture , grab handles only . order made no difference
, again seen in graphic manager , view the file in Publisher 2002 and all is
ok . Printed in Publisher 3 and it prints all the images , any thoughts ?
Tried detect & repair , no difference
"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where are you getting the picture? If you inserted the picture from the
> Office ClipArt site or any other web page it could be your cache is full,
> in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. Once you cleared your cache,
> if the image does not show up, go back and insert it again.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Paul Harris" <paul@designaweb.biz> wrote in message
>> This action doesn't show the picture - Any further thoughts
>>
>> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>>> =======================================
>>> Does it help if you go to...
>>> View / Pictures / Detailed Display?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> John Inzer
>>> return e-mail disabled

0
paul3231 (5)
12/31/2004 10:17:31 AM
"Bivvyman" <Bivvyman @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Inserting pictures work ok - then I can't see them. Clicking on the area
> of
> picture, the outline grabs are there - but no visible picture. TOOLS >
> GRAPHICS
> MANAGER shows the thumbnail - thats all. Where am I going wrong?

Have you tried updating your video drivers?

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about video drivers.
Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you
are encountering.

I would recommend is restarting your computer in 'Safe Mode'. To get to Safe
Mode, restart your computer and press "F8" at the beginning of the boot
process. Once prompted, choose 'Safe Mode'. Once in 'Safe Mode', attempt the
same procedure with Microsoft Publisher.

If the publication works, then we will now assume the problem lies within
your video driver. Restart your computer.

If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the manufacturers
website of your video driver to download and install the latest video driver
that is available. It's important to note that the CD-Rom that came with
your video card will most likely NOT have the most recent driver for your
video adapter.

Popular Video Driver Sites:

-----------------------------
Nvidia
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers

ATI
http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

Voodoo
http://www.voodoofiles.com/
----------------------------

Search for the video driver that represents the model that you are using and
download the driver. To determine which card you have:

1. Right Click on your Desktop
2. Go to Properties
3. Go to the Settings Tab
4. Click on Advanced

Search for the video driver that represents the make and model that you are
using and download that driver. I would make sure you select "Save" when
prompted for download, not "Run". Typically many save to My Documents.

After you download the driver begin the setup. Use the following procedure
to change your video driver:

1. Right click anywhere on your Desktop, and choose Properties.
2. This will open Display Properties. Choose the "Settings" tab
3. Click on the "Advanced Properties" Button
4. On the "Adapter" Tab, Choose "Change"
5. Now you should see "Select Device". If your new driver is listed, select
that model.
6. If not, choose "Have Disk", and browse to the location where you setup
the new driver.
7. Now choose "OK". Be sure to have you Windows CD available, as you may be
prompted for this.
8. After setup and install is complete, restart your computer.

This should fix your troubles. If not, either contact your video card
manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced,
or turn down your hardware acceleration. This will be at least a possible
temporary fix until you get a response from the tech support from your video
card manufacturer. The steps to turn down your hardware acceleration are as
follows:

1. Right click on "My Computer"
2. Choose "Properties"
3. On System Properties choose the "Performance" Tab
4. Under advanced settings, choose "Graphics"
5. Change hardare acceleration to "None"
6. Choose OK and OK again
7. Restart computer

(You don't necessarily have to go all the way to None. You could try one
notch at a time, but that will require a restart for each notch).

--
Ed Bennett
"The Postal Service stole my signature!"

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/31/2004 12:01:57 PM
Hi Ed , you are STAR !!!! , downloaded updated video driver , and all is now
normal , many thanks for your advice and a happy new year from the UK

> [...]
> manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced,
> or turn down your hardware acceleration. This will be at least a possible
> temporary fix until you get a response from the tech support from your
> video card manufacturer. The steps to turn down your hardware acceleration
> are as follows:
>
> 1. Right click on "My Computer"
> 2. Choose "Properties"
> 3. On System Properties choose the "Performance" Tab
> 4. Under advanced settings, choose "Graphics"
> 5. Change hardare acceleration to "None"
> 6. Choose OK and OK again
> 7. Restart computer
>
> (You don't necessarily have to go all the way to None. You could try one
> notch at a time, but that will require a restart for each notch).
>
> --
> Ed Bennett
> "The Postal Service stole my signature!"

12/31/2004 4:07:41 PM
"Paul Harris" <paul@designaweb.biz> wrote:
> Hi Ed , you are STAR !!!! , downloaded updated video driver , and all is
> now normal , many thanks for your advice and a happy new year from the UK

Glad to hear that it worked - thanks for letting us know :-)

Happy new year to you from Swansea (Wales)

--
Ed Bennett
"Just the way you like it... boiled in lard"

0
the_nerd (6342)

Outlook 2003 News

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2