cannot view objects

Since 01/07/2005 I can't view objects in MS Publisher 2003. I could prior to
that. I haven't done any OS updates. Help!
0
Colorado (8)

Have you tried
View, pictures, detailed display...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jay in Colorado" <Jay in Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since 01/07/2005 I can't view objects in MS Publisher 2003. I could prior to
> that. I haven't done any OS updates. Help!

0
gsauer (5093)
1/8/2005 11:02:59 PM
Yes, thanks but it was already set to that. I went to my backup drive which
is about 2 weeks behind and everything worked fine. I noticed that there were
3 MS updates that hadn't been loaded so I'm going to create a restore point
before I install each one and see if that affects MS Publisher 2003. I'll
post here with my results.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you tried
> View, pictures, detailed display...
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Jay in Colorado" <Jay in Colorado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since 01/07/2005 I can't view objects in MS Publisher 2003. I could prior to
> > that. I haven't done any OS updates. Help!

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

how i can get tree view in view window
hi How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in view window not in dialog. Arbind Arbind wrote: > > hi > > How we can get tree view in view window.I want to get treeview in > view window not in dialog. > > Arbind CFormView is a view window that can contain a dialog template with many controls. CTreeView is a view window filled with a tree control. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

OL2000 detail view
how do you get the Properties on an email message in OL2000? In OL Express all you have to do is open the message and File/Properties and use the detail tab,, in OL2000 there is only a General tab. what am I missing? TIA, Joe To get the Header information rightclick the message in the message list and choose Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joe" <none@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23uF%23ZaCwEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

"Show Placeholders" in options/view menu does'nt work.
I have a macro that places a large number of pictures on a spreadsheet. I would like the pictures to show as "placeholders" to speed up viewing/editing. The only problem is that this feature (under Tools/Options/View) does not work. All the images are being display normally. I have tried this in Excel 2000/2003/XP with the same result. This feature works great in MS Word. Please help. To see what I'm talking about. Go to Tools/Options/View and check the "Show Placeholders" option. Now insert a picture or clipart. The image will be displayed normally instead of just a b...

Updating task list in calendar view
I have just recently begun using Outlook, so please forgive the newbie question. Whenever I get a daily calendar view with the task pane on the right, the task list includes all tasks, current and future. I can configure the Outlook Today window to just current tasks and I know that there has to be a way to do the same thing with the calendar view. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Charles right click on the task list and change the view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Portfolio view #4
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I trade a lot of options as well as stock an mutual funds. The issue is that in portfolio view after a money update has been done manually or automatically several options positions disappear from portfolio and money's price history tracker. I then have to go into the investment transactions list for one of my accounts that I traded the position in and copy the name from "investment" field of the transaction form for one of the trades then go back to portfolio manager and right click on one of my transaction then select record ...

View Additional Mailboxes Off-line
A user's Outlook profile has been configured to "Open these additional mailboxes." She is able to access the additional mailboxes while online. She does a "send / receive" to synchronize her mail and then goes off-line. When off-line, she can view only her primary mailbox. She cannot access the additional mailboxes. Her OST only includes her primary mailbox. She is using Outlook 2003, Exchange Server 2003. Outlook is using "cached" mode to connect to the Exchange server. Is this working as designed? Is there a way to view additional mailboxes off-line (wi...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

Current Views........Help Please!!!!!
I have one guy that keeps loosing columns in his inbox (ie. subject\received columns). I know he isn't going through the proper way of changing views and editing these features. (ie right clicking and customizing current views). Is anyone aware of any key strokes or something else that he might be doing to removed these columns. HELP PLEASE! ...

Q: Viewing PDF in an MFC application
Hi Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a PDF document in a view of an MFC application? Thanks David In message <3f7abd34$0$6631$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com>, David Jones <dave@ymchwil.NODAMNSPAM.com> writes >Hi > >Can anybody tell me, or direct me to a site, which shows how to display a >PDF document in a view of an MFC application? I can't, but if type PDF and DLL library into google you will most likely get some hits for vendors that sell toolkits that allow you to do just this. I looked into this about 6 months ago f...

short cuts formular view
OS 6.1.3 Office 2008 12. Hello Folks, Is there any shortcut for to view the formulas, such as strg + '#' in excel 2007 Thanks for your help Soeren Yeah: Look in the formula bar. On 12/04/10 5:18 PM, in article hpuhfv$b4n$03$1@news.t-online.com, "Sšören Horst" <charlesmortimer@web.de> wrote: > OS 6.1.3 Office 2008 12. > > Hello Folks, > > Is there any shortcut for to view the formulas, such as strg + '#' in > excel 2007 > > Thanks for your help > > Soeren -- The email below is my bus...

Deserialize Business Object
Hi, I am having an issue deserializing a business object from a SQL stored procedure. I have created the class using the XSD tool and the resulting XMLDATA schema but when I try to create the object I get an error message <[Object] xmlns=''> was not expected. As the XML being returned is an XML fragment due to not having a single root element I have previously got around this issue by adding another table to the database which acts purely as the root element. However, I would like to do this properly rather than this bodge. Very grateful for any advice. I am using SQL...

view mailbox
I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders under Inbox to the root. How do I do this? Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server As an admin, there is an explicit deny for the permissions you need. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us "kingme" <kingme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2668D6A5-7BBB-4E3F-8668-5F8455A382D0@microsoft.com... >I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders >under > Inbox to the root. How do I do this? > > Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server Open his profil...

add 2nd baseline to tracking Gantt view
Is there a way to add Baseline1 to the Tracking Gantt View. Or if not that show both Baseline and Baseline 1 with Task's EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Self-Expanding Multiselect Winforms ListBox http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d501d49c-f9fa-4156-9858-8c7b8a74319a/custom-selfexpanding-mul.aspx Hello David - Try View/More Views... and then select Multiple Baselines Gantt chart. -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "David...

Ownership of PF objects after moving to a new environment
I'd like to move our entire Exchange 2000 environment to new Exchange 2003 hardware, which is in a completely clean, new Windows 2003 AD forest/domain. I plan to use ExMerge to dump all mailboxes (we have less than 100) to .pst, then use an Outlook client to dump our public folder structure to a .pst. I can setup PF permissions manually on the new server. My question is will the new PF environment know how to handle ownership of objects that were created by users in the old Exchange environment such as calendar entries that were created by a "John Smith"? Although I will have...

Lining up my inline objects
I'm having trouble placing my inline objects. I insert a picture on top of my text box. I move it to the spot I want. In the layout tab, I change it to Inline, and specify that it should stay to the Left. It doesn't stay in the spot I want it to. It either moves down or moves up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using Publisher 2003 with a simple print publication. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. I resolved it myself. I turned off the Snap To... options, and moved it carefully so that the little anchor ended up in the right place. I also fou...

Viewing / Printing Comments Only
Is there a way in Word 2007/2010 to only view & print inserted comments and the text in the document they refer to? -- DMiller ...

Expanding formulae to view them easily
I have seen this done, but I do not know how. A formula was exploded to see it very clearly, a bit like a comment. How do you do this? <Ctrl><`>. The ` key should be to the immediate left of the 1 on your keyboards (US). HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have seen this done, but I do not know how. A formula was exploded to see >it very clearly, a bit like a comment. How do you do this? >. > > ...it very clearly, a bit like a comment. Just a guess here. Try Tools | Options | Edit Tab, and select "Edit directly in cell." You...

Subreports not Viewing on one Page
How can I get my subreports on report to print on one page? I have a main report and subreport within the subreport there are 5 reports. When I Printview my main report my subreports show up in the middle of the page at the end of the page on the next page - how can I fix this? I have tried and look at everything available and can't find a fix. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. it can be difficult to cram alot of info into one report page....particularly lots of subreports... make sure you have the 'CanShrink' pr...

viewing what each button of a custom toolbar does
Greetings -- I'm reverse engineering a database that I've inherited. There's a couple of custom toolbars, and they open various forms, basically acting as a rudimentary menu system. What I'm trying to do is view whatever action is assigned to each button. Have gone round and round with Tools, Customize, Toolbars, the command tab, etc. Am sure I'm overlooking something. Can anyone help me here? Thanks, Mark Hi Mark, click customize on the menu bar select the toolbar and the button right click the button and on the pop up menu select properties on the propertie...

insert report object VBA
nedd insert a report in vba project like please Hi Erick I have a method of launching a custom report added in Report Writer from VBA. If you would find this useful, please get you partner to contact me using the address below (remove the online. first). David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessaril...

View with selectable text/images
Hi, Does anyone know what kind of CView MSN is using for the chat window (the window with the selectable text and smileys)? If it isnt a CView, can i get some pointers on how to make a view with selectable text and images? Thx in advance :) Thomas 'Da_QuiK' Schueremans Thomas, Use Spy++, it shows that it is a RichEdit View. Tony "Thomas" <Da_QuiK@fake.email.com> wrote in message news:%23759GWzzDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anyone know what kind of CView MSN is using for the chat window (the > window with the selectable text and smil...

How do I view the content of my opened worksheet
Dear all, I have a problem a colleague submitted to me concerning an Excel worksheet; this worksheet opens with Excel but nothing is displayed (only a grey background) but you can see the name of the file on top of the Excel windows, showing that the file is opened. Using an importation with Access convinced me that the data are ok in the worksheet. This leads me to conclude that there is something (may a macro) that hides automatically the content of the worksheet once it ends up opening. Please help me asap, as we need this worksheet for end of year closing works. Many thanks in a...

viewing files in a directory
I would like to run a function I have on all the files in a given directory I looked in the HELP on the Directory class and in the examples they use #using <mscorlib.dll using namespace System using namespace System::IO using namespace System::Collections But when I try to compile, it doesn't know those namespaces And the rest of the script is String* fileEntries[] = Directory::GetFiles(targetDirectory) IEnumerator* files = fileEntries->GetEnumerator() while (files->MoveNext()) //Here I call my functio Is there another way to do this Thanks FindFirstFile/FindNextFi...

Spreadsheets have to be open twice to view #2
Every spreadsheet that I double-click to open only opens Excel, but the background is gray. From here I have to open the spreadsheet from within Excel. Is there a global option that can correct this? ...