Cannot open Publisher

Publisher cannot load the required file ptxt9.dll You may
be out of memory or the file may be corrupt.

I get the above error when I try to open publisher, or one
of my existing publisher files. Please help. I turned my
computer off, and back on. I have deleted temp. int.
files, cookies. No other programs are open. What do I need
to do? This is office XP. I have had nothing but trouble
since I upgraded from office 2000.

I have a 1.7 GHz 40 GB HD with 68% free. 128MB ram.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q235/3/85.ASP&NoWebContent=1

You don't state which version of Publisher you are using. This article
applies to Pub 2000 but since you are having issues with the ptxt9.dll file,
I'd say try this resolution.
--

JoAnn

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on
your computer.
--Bruce Graham

"MSG" <msgelectric@charter.net> wrote in message
> Publisher cannot load the required file ptxt9.dll You may
> be out of memory or the file may be corrupt.
>
> I get the above error when I try to open publisher, or one
> of my existing publisher files. Please help. I turned my
> computer off, and back on. I have deleted temp. int.
> files, cookies. No other programs are open. What do I need
> to do? This is office XP. I have had nothing but trouble
> since I upgraded from office 2000.
>
> I have a 1.7 GHz 40 GB HD with 68% free. 128MB ram.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
3/1/2004 3:26:04 PM
Please let the folks who can help know what operating system is being used.
It sounds like XP but its best to state it.

--
Don
--------

"MSG" <msgelectric@charter.net> wrote in message
> Publisher cannot load the required file ptxt9.dll You may
> be out of memory or the file may be corrupt.
>
> I get the above error when I try to open publisher, or one
> of my existing publisher files. Please help. I turned my
> computer off, and back on. I have deleted temp. int.
> files, cookies. No other programs are open. What do I need
> to do? This is office XP. I have had nothing but trouble
> since I upgraded from office 2000.
>
> I have a 1.7 GHz 40 GB HD with 68% free. 128MB ram.

---

Engineer1 (288)