Cannot open Publisher file #2

I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday
to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the
file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it
won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could
have happened.

I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I
can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have
to recreate this whole thing I am going to have a fit, but I don't know what
else to do right now. Any suggestions as to why it is not opening?
0
MoonStar (2)

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

If the above doesn't help, send the file to me, I'll see if it will open in a
newer version. If it does, I will resave the file and send it back.
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"MoonStar" <MoonStar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday
> to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the
> file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it
> won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could
> have happened.
>
> I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I
> can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have.
>
> Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have
> to recreate this whole thing I am going to have a fit, but I don't know what
> else to do right now. Any suggestions as to why it is not opening?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/27/2006 6:45:01 PM
Thank you, Mary. I have tried the solutions on the page you listed to no
avail. I am sending the file to you. I hope you are able to open it. It is a
perplexing puzzle as to what has happened to it. Thanks again~~Darlene

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
>
> If the above doesn't help, send the file to me, I'll see if it will open in a
> newer version. If it does, I will resave the file and send it back.
> mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "MoonStar" <MoonStar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a newsletter in Publisher last week and went to open it yesterday
> > to finish it, but I keep getting a message saying Publisher cannot open the
> > file. I have been working on it all week and had no problems, but suddenly it
> > won't open. I haven't a clue as to what is wrong with the file or what could
> > have happened.
> >
> > I use Publisher 2000 right now and have never had this happen before. I
> > can't even find any backup for the file, which I usually have.
> >
> > Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what caused it? If I have
> > to recreate this whole thing I am going to have a fit, but I don't know what
> > else to do right now. Any suggestions as to why it is not opening?

0
MoonStar (2)

MS Money 95 data files

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

Opening Excel Workbooks

Planned Open Market Days

opening .bak file

Trying to read XML file into dataset

matching contents #2

Publisher Not Responding
I installed MS Office Small Business. Excel and Publisher are locking up as soon as I try to do anything. When I CRTL ALT DEL the programs are "not responding." Is there a file that could be missing. I remember something about a kernel file from MS Office 98. I would apppreciate your help. Thanks. Have you installed the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Please ignore #2

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

reason codes #2
I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for discounts. However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report. HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)! ...

Workplan in Publisher
Whenever a plan is produced for specific purpose what are the steps you need to follow to ensure tasks are completed.I need to outline 5 steps to create the publications. You're wasting time...you coulda been done by now. "thinking" <thinking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED3E253-2EC0-4CD1-84F4-824282E736AC@microsoft.com... | Whenever a plan is produced for specific purpose what are the steps you need | to follow to ensure tasks are completed.I need to outline 5 steps to create | the publications. thinking <thinking@discussions.microsoft....

Please Help w/ Large Excel File
Hello everyone. I have this Excel file that has drawing text box objects in the document. When I delete a text box the attributes still are present, but just not showing. It is continually growing my file size. When I export the document to HTML after deleting all the text box drawing objects and saving the file, the text box objects still show as vtextbox elements in this file. I tried to reproduce this with a new Excel workbook but could not. I would be greatful if anyone can figure this out, as I have a lot of documents to re-create if there is no solution. Thank you. exce...