Cannot open file - Different Version

Hello,

I am in need of assistance. A file was created in
Publisher 2002 SP-1 (Windows XP Pro). The file was saved
as Publisher 2000. We have tried to open the file in
Publisher 2000 SR-1 (Windows 98). A message pops
up "Publisher cannot open files from a different Version."
How can we open the file in Publisher 2000??
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks
0
ljsummers (2)

Do you have that garbage trash Symantec Norton installed.

If you do, REMOVE permanently the garbage trash junk software and your
problems will be over.

donotknock (1941)
9/13/2003 12:49:23 AM
We are not running Norton. Any other suggestions?

0
ljsummers (2)
9/15/2003 12:55:48 PM
My opinion is:

1.One of the two computers has Norton Antivirus
2.The file didn't actually get SAVED AS Publisher 2000.
3.Your not running the latest service pack for Publisher
2002 which is SP2a

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

0
publisher (1244)
9/15/2003 2:35:32 PM
I am more than happy to go along with Brian K's reply.

He moves the motion, I will second it!!!

donotknock (1941)

What Is The Difference Between i++ and ++i?
I use MFC. I would like to know the difference of ++ if it is used preceeding the variable name and if it is used after the variable name? int i = 5; int j = 10; i++; ++j; Thank you. "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F8D747-65A4-> I use MFC. I would like to know the difference of ++ if it is used preceeding > the variable name and if it is used after the variable name? > > int i = 5; > int j = 10; > i++; > ++j; In your example they both just get one added to them. The difference is in when it is being used. For exampl...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page. #2
Hi there. I am using Publisher 2003 with internet explorer using XP SP3. I have prepared my web page and I have kept the images that are hyperlinked to the page in a separate foler from the publication file (which I have not yet published to a web site format). I already know that the FTP protocol from my host does not work and I have to load the files one at a time. I create the directory and within that directory I upload my individual files. My question is: Almost all of the pictures are linked to larger pictures or descriptions. During the creation of the web site I have kept...

Corrupt pst file #5
I was using Outlook 2000 and two days ago it stopped working, saying I have a corrupt pst file. I have used PST2GB and then Inbox Repair tool about a million times but Inbox Repair tool gets an error at the end. I have tried a program called Kernel for Outlook but that didn't work very good. A bunch of stuff was missing and then Outlook 2000 wouldn't start any more. So I went and bought Office 2007 and I still can't import, open or do anything else with my old files. I can't begin to explain how important it is that I get my Contacts and Calendar back. I know that...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

ON as a file container
ON has become my sole work place., I now keep many important PDF files on ON pages. But I am scared of doing this. I am afraid one day ON will loose these files. For example because I change the location of the page which contains PDF files. How reasonable is it to keep PDF files embedded in ON? Now you will advise me to keep backups of PDF files in separate windows folders but this I don't want to do. The reason is that this is cumbersome. Each time I inset a PDF on a ON page I need to create a windows folder that should have a logical name and location. But ON is there exac...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

Security for Xml File
Hello world, How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Nico * Nicolas Joly wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >How to protect Xml Files in a We Site Directory ? >Is it possible to protect Xml file like Sql Security ? Hi Nicolas, I am not sure which kind of "protection" you are looking for, if you just worry about access from unauthorized users to an XML document on a web server, you could simply use HTTP facilities to deny access or request for authorization. If you worry about the integrity of the document...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Hyperlinks don't open properly
When I click on a hyperlink in Excel 2003 the link opens Internet Explorer but all I get is a blank white page. If I copy and paste the link into IE it works just fine. I'm stumped. It worked until my wife used excel. She said she clicked on a ecurity question and ever since the links don't open properly -- Gdog ...

Upgrading Multiple Companies at Different Times
I have multiple companies currently in my GP 8.2 installation on a single server. Of course these companies each share the DYNAMICS database. I am plotting out the upgrade process to 9.0 and would like to upgrade one company at a time, as one of them is ready to go, while the other will require more work due to customizations. Would there be any issue with upgrading CompanyA to 9.0 on a new server, and then a month or two down the line, upgrading CompanyB to that same server? Would CompanyB be able to slide right in to using a DYNAMICS database that it had not used for a couple of...

I can't get Outlook to open Word as my e-mail editor.
This morning I tried to reply to an e-mail and got the message "Outlook is opening Word 2003 as your e-mail editor" (or something to that effect). The window just stayed onscreen and eventually ended up hanging. Help! :) Are you running the same version of Outlook and Word? Have you applied SP-1 for Office 2003? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CheshireQat asked: ...

corrupt file
when i try to open a excel 2000 worksheet it says that the file i corrupt .Is there anyway i can still open it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Phil! Here's a resource post on recovery of corrupted files. I've checked out all the links referred to. Additional comments and suggested additions are welcome. Some of the most frantic and desperate posts come for this and they are frequently in tears of happiness when they get a solution. These points cover corrupted files. Don't confuse these with problems with slow opening, processing or closing of Excel or wit...

Sharing pst file
Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? thanks. TH Yes and no...you can point both users to the same .PST file but they cannot both have it open at the same time, at least not without a 3rd party tool. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm lists at least one such tool. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5e01c3bb9b$962d9300$a001280a@phx.gbl, Tobin Halim wrote: > Hi, can you share one pst file for two different users? > t...