Cannot insert pictures in Pubisher. Text also disappears!

I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes.
Photos overlay on print and print disappears.
0
Disgusted (1)

Read the third FAQ here
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Disgusted" <Disgusted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have worked for several hours on a newsletter, now everything changes.
> Photos overlay on print and print disappears.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...

Outlook catagories disappear...
Hello: I noticed that at times some of my catagories in outlook sometimes no longer remain on my Master List, and I then have to recreate them. I have Win server NT 4, and Office 2000, Sr-1a. I am trying to get SP-3 on, but an earlier post notes that a ""The Expected Version of the Product Was Not Found on Your System" error, so if it's an upgrade needed, I'm stuck untill I do a full backup of this Exchange server and reinstall everything from scratch... TIA -Normand ...

pictures and objects appear blank in publisher 2002, but print ok
recentl when opening a file with pictures and objects in publisher 2002, they all appear blank. But they will print ok. I tried copying and pasting an object to a new page and its then visible but out of focus as if it has been enlarged too much. If I select all and copy it to a new page then the problem persists Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-u...

Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows
Hi I would like to protect specific Ranges of my Sheet. The users should be able to edit specific CELLS and additionally EDIT cells and INSERTnew Rows intos a specific predefined RANGE. But users should not be able to add Rows in the other parts of the Sheet. Do you know its possible? How to realize that? Markus, If you use a multi-cell array entered formula, Excel will prevent row insertion (or column insertion) within that range. For example, select A1:A10, type =ROW(), then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Then select a cell in, say, row 8 and try to insert a new row: Excel will protest, an...

Background picture behind chart
In Excel I have successfully inserted a picture behind an interactive chart so the chart (graph) is visible overtop of the picture. But when I Save as Web Page the picture doesn't show up. The graph is fine, and is interactive, but the background picture file (gif) has disappeared. How can I preserve the picture so it will save as part of the Web Page? Thanks. Ralph Hi, Not tested but could you use the picture as the Fill Special for the chart or plot area? Cheers Andy RalphB wrote: > In Excel I have successfully inserted a picture behind an interactive chart > so the...

i forgot how to make my business card insert for word documents?
i had to restore my software and I read somewhere how to have my salutation on my word docs into a buisness card insert, can anyone help? ...

how do i up load from my pictures to advertising web site
how do i up load from my pictures to an advertising web site On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:58:01 -0800, pictures <pictures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i up load from my pictures to an advertising web site Ask the administrator of the website. The technique will differ from site to site. In any case, this question does not appear to have anything to do with Visual Basic for Applications modules in Microsoft Access, which is the subject of this forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Checking text length.
I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to find all cells within a column that have a text length of more than 30 characters including spaces. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to start counting? Thanks. Chris. Hi one way: - select your data (e.g. cells A1:A3000) - goto 'format - Conditional Format) - enter the following formula =LEN(A1)>30 - choose a format to highlight these cells >-----Original Message----- >I have a large list of names (about 2500) in microsoft excel but I need to >find all cells within a column that have a te...

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...

text not wrapping in column
I have an Excel spread sheet with columns of wrapped text. At a certain point, the text stops wrapping. If I try to shrink to fit, the text disappears. Any ideas? ...

Automate text import
Hi, I've wrtten a batch file to audit all our servers, what I'd now like to do though is come up with a way excel can load these text files into one worksheet. Can anyone please help? Below is an example of the data gathered - the text files are named after the computer. Thanks Ben Computername: TEST Kernel version: Microsoft Windows 2000, Uniprocessor Free Product type: Professional Service pack: 3 IE version: 5.0100 System root: C:\WINNT Processors: 1 Processor speed...

Text Form Field Maximum Character Length
I want to have a text form field that has a maximum character limit of 300 characters. I go into properties and set the max length to 300 and select calculate on exit, but it doesn't stop entries over the 300 characters. Any suggestions? It is Word 2003. -- Thanks, Angie ...

Trouble forwarding email as text message using SMS
I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of the text (these messages are SHORT messages) Any suggestions? -- Sheri Sheri <Sheri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have set up to forward specific emails to my cell phone as text > messages. The content of the message does not come thru as part of > the text (these messages are SHORT messages) > Any suggestions? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Inserting blank rows where numbers break sequence
How would I change a 2 column list to add the missing numbers left out of sequence? is: abc 17 def 18 ghi 20 jkl 22 etc. should be: abc 17 def 18 19 ghi 20 21 jkl 22 Thanks. ...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Scatter with text on X
I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B. would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the (Y data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in vertical line. I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated! Donal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Seperating text, backwards to frontwards #2
Hi All, I have a field which is like the below example: "Disappointed at failure - 68 Interior equipment - Repair group: Body - ..Archive" Now I want to split this into fields, as per below: A B C D ..Archive Repair group: Body 68 Interior equipment Dissapointed at failure I know that I can use text to columns to split the field by the "-" but then how do I get it reversed? NOT all of the fields can be split into 4, sometimes there can be up to 7 or as little as 1. Does anyone have an answer? Regards Adam use ...

How do I edit my logo picture?
I have loaded the Suspended Rectangle Logo into a Publisher 2003 document and I would like to take the pyramid out of it but for some reason i cant.. I select it but when I click delete, i deletes the whole logo... Select the logo, arrange, ungroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223DF9DD-4CFC-4D88-AD62-01C5135BE4B2@microsoft.com... >I have loaded the Suspended Rectangle Logo into a Publisher 2003 document and ...

Pictures have turned to Red X's
I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. Anyone know what is up with that? This does not happen in my browser! In Outlook, is that what youre talking about? If so, are your picture download settings set to automatically download pictures? Tools> Options > Security > Download Pictures Try that out. >-----Original Message----- >I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages >that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. >Anyone know ...

Insert a Row
How do you insert a new row imbetween rows without bringing down the Color of the above row? It always happen's Any suggestions would be appreciated. The only thing would possibly be a Macro with cleanup With Thanks I found a solution. Copy a Blank row, Then use copy insert I would welcome other solutions Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "extend data range formats and formulas" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 6 Jan 2007 07:07:00 -0800, "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote: > >I found a solution. > >Copy a Blank row, >Then use copy inse...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

I need 2 add a legend 2 pictures in a word or publisher document
can anyone help My first suggestion would be to use proper words. Using cutesy shorthand is downright annoying. Having said that - what exactly do you want to do? And in which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or publisher document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C68A8C-6C18-4A36-9B62-B66FBE049F31@microsoft.com... > can anyone help Is this English? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or p...

Outlook randomly inserts attachments in body or attachment line in header
Outlook randomly inserts attachments in body or attachment line in header. Why is that and is there a way to override this so that attachments always appear as a line in the header portion rather than appear in the body of the message. Using Outlook 2002 SP-1 on Win2k SP-3 build 2195 Where the attachments sits is determined by the message format, Rich text in body of message, Plain and HTML in its own field "Richard Barber" <kerrithbrook@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:095b01c3b029$1e591c50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook randomly inserts attachments in body or > a...

Insert into a file
I am ready to try adding "edit" to my App. I have done some searching for ideas and am (a little) surprised not to find quite what I am looking for. Is there a way with CFile or some other file class to easily insert (replace or delete) some data in an open file? What I have read seems to indicate that I need to copy the file up to the edit point, do the edit and change pointers and length as necessary and then copy the rest of the file. This can be done by copying into a new file (and rename, etc.) or read the whole file into memory and do it in the buffer (either in-place or to a n...

Count Text Values in Column
I converted a column of number cells to text to allow entry of 1a, 1b, etc. and need to be able to count the totals of these cells. I can't give it specific criteria to use DCOUNTA since the text value will vary. Is there a way to get a count of non-blank cells in a column of text values? Thanks! As a note, I do not really care what the value is, I just need to count the totals. If there is a way to reformat or remove text via a formula, that would work as well. Thanks! "Karl Burrows" <karlspam@spam.yourbeacon.com> wrote in message news:OrvawmklFHA.1416@TK2M...