cannot copy from one pub to another

all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to 
another ms pub publication.

here's what i've done:

i ran disk cleanup.
i ran norton live update.
i ran windows update.
i ran office 2000 update.
i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000.
none of the above helped.

you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?"  can you tell
me where computer services is?  i looked in control panel, administrative
tools, component services and computer management.  I ended up in console
root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pub, and checked
the properties.  under security tab, i made sure all were default settings.

i can't believe something like this has brought me nearly to tears.  i have
used pub almost exclusively for the past 7 years, and i have hundreds of
files, lots of art work, many publications, etc.  now i'm to the point i
can't even think.

do you have any other suggestions?
thank you,
pam


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.publisher
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: copy&paste problem


> Windows XP? The clipboard is a Windows function. You may need to do some
> disk cleanup. Have you changed your firewall or security settings? Is the
> clipboard set to automatic in Computer services? Have you installed a new
> program recently?
>
> Do a detect and repair.
>
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>
> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ca8Th.29$AE5.24@newsfe06.lga...
>> good lord, after 7 years of using MS Pub 2000, today it will not copy and
>> paste between pub documents.
>> i can open a new pub blank, draw a text box, type some text, copy that
>> text, open another new pub blank, draw a text box, and it will not paste
>> the copied text into the new doc.
>> it won't copy objects, pictures, old stuff, new stuff, nada.
>> i was going to restore with my office 2000 cd, but it said it was service
>> pack 1, and i knew we've been on service pack 2 for quite a while.
>>
>> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>> thanks,
>> pam
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

"redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%Y9Th.18$o51.15@newsfe03.lga...
> if it's text or a picture from word, it will paste into pub.
>
> but it will not paste pub to pub.
>
> I went to Start, Search, "computer services" and got nothing.
>
> I also went to Start, Search, "clipboard" and got nothing.
> So I went to Control Panel, Admin Services, and looked around in Component
> Services, but didn't see anything that looked like clipboard, or like pub.
>
>
>
>
>
> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OK9Th.17$o51.14@newsfe03.lga...
>> more info:  i can still alt-prnt screen and paste into pub.
>> yes, windows xp.
>> clipboard is working for ms word.
>>
>>
>> i don't get an error message or anything.
>> absolutely nothing happens inside the new pub doc, when i r-click and
>> choose
>> paste; or when i choose edit, then paste.
>>
>> i noticed that paste was not available anymore after that one try, which
>> made me think maybe clipboard was the one having the problem.
>>
>> but i can still copy text from a word doc, and paste it into pub.
>>
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> news:em4UtTGfHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Windows XP? The clipboard is a Windows function. You may need to do some
>>> disk cleanup. Have you changed your firewall or security settings? Is
>>> the clipboard set to automatic in Computer services? Have you installed
>>> a new program recently?
>>>
>>> Do a detect and repair.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>>
>>> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:ca8Th.29$AE5.24@newsfe06.lga...
>>>> good lord, after 7 years of using MS Pub 2000, today it will not copy
>>>> and paste between pub documents.
>>>> i can open a new pub blank, draw a text box, type some text, copy that
>>>> text, open another new pub blank, draw a text box, and it will not
>>>> paste the copied text into the new doc.
>>>> it won't copy objects, pictures, old stuff, new stuff, nada.
>>>> i was going to restore with my office 2000 cd, but it said it was
>>>> service pack 1, and i knew we've been on service pack 2 for quite a
>>>> while.
>>>>
>>>> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>> thanks,
>>>> pam
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>



0
dds2dds (12)
4/12/2007 2:47:42 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

1 Replies
478 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

Hi,

No need to start another thread for the
same subject...that gets confusing. Just
take a deep breath and hang on. I suspect
someone will come up with a solution.

Are you running Win XP? I think I would
try doing a system restore to a date before
this issue began.

(306084) HOW TO: Restore the Operating
System to a Previous State in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084

If that fails, I would try uninstalling / reinstalling
Publisher.

Good luck...

-- 
        John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
======================
redheadedpamela wrote:
> all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication
> to another ms pub publication.
>
> here's what i've done:
>
> i ran disk cleanup.
> i ran norton live update.
> i ran windows update.
> i ran office 2000 update.
> i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000.
> none of the above helped.
>
> you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?"  can
> you tell me where computer services is?  i looked in control panel,
> administrative tools, component services and computer management.  I
> ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer,
> found ms pub, and checked the properties.  under security tab, i made
> sure all were default settings.
> i can't believe something like this has brought me nearly to tears. i have 
> used pub almost exclusively for the past 7 years, and i have
> hundreds of files, lots of art work, many publications, etc.  now i'm
> to the point i can't even think.
>
> do you have any other suggestions?
> thank you,
> pam
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.publisher
> Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:11 PM
> Subject: Re: copy&paste problem
>
>
>> Windows XP? The clipboard is a Windows function. You may need to do
>> some disk cleanup. Have you changed your firewall or security
>> settings? Is the clipboard set to automatic in Computer services?
>> Have you installed a new program recently?
>>
>> Do a detect and repair.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:ca8Th.29$AE5.24@newsfe06.lga...
>>> good lord, after 7 years of using MS Pub 2000, today it will not
>>> copy and paste between pub documents.
>>> i can open a new pub blank, draw a text box, type some text, copy
>>> that text, open another new pub blank, draw a text box, and it will
>>> not paste the copied text into the new doc.
>>> it won't copy objects, pictures, old stuff, new stuff, nada.
>>> i was going to restore with my office 2000 cd, but it said it was
>>> service pack 1, and i knew we've been on service pack 2 for quite a
>>> while. any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>> thanks,
>>> pam
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%Y9Th.18$o51.15@newsfe03.lga...
>> if it's text or a picture from word, it will paste into pub.
>>
>> but it will not paste pub to pub.
>>
>> I went to Start, Search, "computer services" and got nothing.
>>
>> I also went to Start, Search, "clipboard" and got nothing.
>> So I went to Control Panel, Admin Services, and looked around in
>> Component Services, but didn't see anything that looked like
>> clipboard, or like pub. "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in 
>> message
>> news:OK9Th.17$o51.14@newsfe03.lga...
>>> more info:  i can still alt-prnt screen and paste into pub.
>>> yes, windows xp.
>>> clipboard is working for ms word.
>>>
>>>
>>> i don't get an error message or anything.
>>> absolutely nothing happens inside the new pub doc, when i r-click
>>> and choose
>>> paste; or when i choose edit, then paste.
>>>
>>> i noticed that paste was not available anymore after that one try,
>>> which made me think maybe clipboard was the one having the problem.
>>>
>>> but i can still copy text from a word doc, and paste it into pub.
>>>
>>>
>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> news:em4UtTGfHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Windows XP? The clipboard is a Windows function. You may need to
>>>> do some disk cleanup. Have you changed your firewall or security
>>>> settings? Is the clipboard set to automatic in Computer services?
>>>> Have you installed a new program recently?
>>>>
>>>> Do a detect and repair.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>>>
>>>> "redheadedpamela" <dds2dds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:ca8Th.29$AE5.24@newsfe06.lga...
>>>>> good lord, after 7 years of using MS Pub 2000, today it will not
>>>>> copy and paste between pub documents.
>>>>> i can open a new pub blank, draw a text box, type some text, copy
>>>>> that text, open another new pub blank, draw a text box, and it
>>>>> will not paste the copied text into the new doc.
>>>>> it won't copy objects, pictures, old stuff, new stuff, nada.
>>>>> i was going to restore with my office 2000 cd, but it said it was
>>>>> service pack 1, and i knew we've been on service pack 2 for quite
>>>>> a while.
>>>>>
>>>>> any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>>>> thanks,
>>>>> pam




0
oobie (2070)
4/12/2007 7:16:48 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Update one table from another
I am trying to update one table that has one record for each employee(table 1) with available vacation time. The other table records every time off request(table 2) and how much time they want off. I have the update query and it works fine. The problem is that everytime it is ran every requested time off amount(from table2) is subtracted from the available time(table1) again and again. I want the records for requested time(table2) to update the employee available time off(table1) only once, but keep the records on the table as that is the basis for a report. Thank You, Brett ----=...

The Sum from 1 worksheet cell to another worksheet cell
the sum from one cell on sheet1 from another cell on sheet2,how do you do the formula qwerty: To sum the value on Sheet1, cell A10 with the cell value Sheet2, cell B20, enter =Sheet1!A10 + Sheet2!B20 (or you can enter '=' sign and click on A10, then enter the plus sign and click on B20) jeff >-----Original Message----- >the sum from one cell on sheet1 from another cell on sheet2,how do you do the formula >. > ...

Copying data from one chart to another
I have many graphs - all plotting on similar scales but using different data. Is there any way I can simply copy one set of data from one graph and paste it into another graph so that I can avoind going through all the hassle plotting each curve again? I want to have graphs showing different combinations of the same data and have hundreds of curves to plot so this could be a huge timesaver... Cheers. -- Alan_Partridge ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Alan_Partridge's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29295 V...

Text to columns
Once I use the Text to columns feature in Excel, it seems there is no way to turn it off. Anyone know if there is a way to reset this so that newly pasted text will not continue to get broken up (for example by the space delimiter) Presently the only way is to exit Excel and restart Excel - then pasted text all goes into one cell regardless of spaces. Hope I explained that well enough Al I may have been to hasty in making this assumption, it appears that the problem I described below is only happening on one workstation - this may indicate that the Excel Registry keys are in need of...

One Entry to Multiple Rows
I have data that looks like this: X1 | Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 X2 | Y4 Y5 Y6 Y7 And I need to get to: X1 | Y1 X1 | Y2 X1 | Y3 X1 | Y4 X2 | Y4 ...... etc. I can change the 2nd row's entries to more columns, but that doesn't seem to get me much closer to the needed format (and there are thousands of lines so I'd rather not do it manually). Any ideas? should do it. change mc to suit '===== Option Explicit Sub lineemup() Dim mc As Long Dim mr As Long Dim i As Long Dim lc As Long mc = 3 'col c mr = 1 For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row lc ...

Simple Question-How to create more than one transaction on the Acc
If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more than (one)transactions listed and see each payee displayed separately on each page so i could have all the months posted with due dates and total listed. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, a.j. wrote: >If there is a question already posted let me know. The question is: I created >a bank account information on the Account list icon and want to have more >than (one)transactions listed and see each payee displayed separately ...

Can I abbreviate one value in a data series?
I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others. Is there a way to abbreviate this value so the other data points show better in the graph? Hi, One way is to break the Y axis, have a look at these examples of how to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy CMEknit wrote: > I've got a chart where one value (8,300) greatly exceeds all the others. Is > there a way to abbreviate this value so the other da...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

copy-paste from excel to powerpoint
Office 97 When I copy a number of cells from Excel to powerpoint, I can't get rid of the grid lines. There are no borders. When I'm in Excel, I see the faint grid lines as you normally would. Unfortunately, these lines also display in powerpoint. How do I stop that behaviour. Thanks so much for any help. Diana Select all the cells you are copying. Then: Format > Cells... > Patterns Then select white color ( bottom right) When the backgound color is set the gridlines vanish unless borders are turned on -- Gary''s Student "Cowtoon" wrote: > Off...

Excel 2003 Copy/Paste filtered column
I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filtered column. It is not copying over the original filtered column but rather over cells that have been filtered out. The worksheet/cells are not protected. What could the problem be? Kind Regards Heather That's the way pasting works. It'll hit the visible and hidden cells. Heather wrote: > > I have a filtered column on my spreadsheet. I have copied the column, > changed the figures and then tried to paste it back on to the filter...

How do add another code to a current one?
I have this following code to make the rows changed based on the critea in column 16, and I need add A "Red, Yellow, Green" for status to only one column 30 at the end of the spreadsheet. How do I add another code? I keep getting an error.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim c As Range, clr As Long For Each c In Target.Cells If c.Column = 16 Then Select Case c.Value Case "Analyze": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case "Build ": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case ...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Copy Matrix Items
I am afraid I know the answer to this already but here goes- I have a prospective shoe store customer who receives as many as 500 pairs of shoes in a lot. Most of the time 50% or more of these shoes have not been stocked before and they don't know what the shoes will be until they get the lot. Because of the nature of shoes they need the ability to quickly enter in the assorted sizes and colors in a run of Men's, Women's, Children's etc. While the New Item Wizard for a Matrix Item works well the customer would like to not have to enter in the size runs each time since they a...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Copy/paste range of rows between 2 dates...
Hi! I have a sheet called data which act as a database. The column A has the dates. In order to create customized chart in a userform, for different range of data(i.e from column D, G and M...), I'd like to select a range of rows that are between 2 dates and create the charts accordingly. Or copy to range to another sheet and then create the charts. I am not so advanced in VBA and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Greg ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi ...

"Can't copy the items. You don't have permission ..."
I use OL 2003, latest service pack,etc. My PST file is about 1.2 GB and is Unicode-compatible. Lately Outlook shuts down suddenly without warning, and I have left checked the box to restart Outlook automatically. This is a big annoyance. However, in the last 2-3 days, I'm seeing a new kind of problem. I can't delete or move messages from mail folders. I get the message that is in the subject line, and the balance of this message is: ... to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder o...

Bulk sending of emails in Outlook being rejected if one address is wrong.
I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they are all being returned to me because one or more of the email addresses is incorrect. Is there a way to setup Outlook so that the emails go to the correct addresses and the incorrect addresses are bounced back to me? I use the Mail Merge feature and send out a newsletter with over 1000 e-mail addresses (who signed up for the newsletter so it is not spam). My service provider, Comcast, just put a limit of 10 at a time. It's real fun sending these out monthly!! >-----Original Message----- >I am sending bulk emails in BCC and they a...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

Copy of all in/out mail in another mailbox
My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails of all the mailnboxes in another mail box to check what other emplyees are sending and receive. Is it possible in MS Exchange 2000 or 2003, if yes how? Yes, it's possible. See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jaffar Ali Sayyed" <jaffar@maruetechnologies.com> wrote in message news:045f01c3c862$f2d436d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails > o...

one company doesn't show $ amounts in payables for one user
I have a user who has access to multiple companies. The access for all companies is the same. In one company when she goes to Inquiry>purchasing>trx by vendor, the display shows $0 for all transactions. Other companies, she sees the correct $ amount. There are no modified windows and again her security is the same for all companies. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? TIA I am having this exact problem and would appreciate a fix. I have to change users to have the payables inquiry amounts show. I only have this problem in one company and I am the only user in our of...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array one?
Hi, In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short array? ....... CString strRst; unsigned short strOleChars[100]; strOleChars = strRst; //??? Thank you. Is ConvertStringToBSTR() what you are looking for? AliR. "David" <David_Wang_Xian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6gbA3avFHA.720@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > In my unicode VC6 app, how to convert a CString variable to unsigned short > array? > ...... > CString strRst; > unsigned short strOleChars[100]; > strOleChars = strRst; //??? > > Thank you. > > ...

Prevent copy and paste in one column
I am having trouble trying to prevent copying and pasting in one specific column. The code refers to the specific range, but yet it prevents copying and pasting on the whole worksheet. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Columns("H:H")) Is Nothing Then Application.CellDragAndDrop = False Application.CutCopyMode = False Else Application.CellDragAndDrop = True End If End Sub Works for me in Excel 2003 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:42:01...