can you slash through a number in publisher

I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can
be slashed through?

You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool,
bring to the front.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can
> be slashed through?

0
Mary

Publisher catelog merge- cannot open data source file
whether I try to open the source file or open a new one, I get the message: operation cannot be completed becasue of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later. Troubleshooting advice suggestd to undate the engine from Windows update - can't find it. Does anyone have more specific troubleshooting advice? This article has a solution: You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publisher 2003 http://support.mic...

Can't add files to Media Player!
I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find audio files but I can't figure out how to add a bunch of mp3 files I've created on my computer! Where's HELP in the program? I told it to check the directory where I have these files, but that's not working! There's no menu option to "add files??" Arrgh! On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:41:01 -0800, Bob Munk <Bob Munk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting REALLY frustrated with MP11! It's easy to go online and find >audio files but I can...

Recently moved home. Using dads ISP. Can't send or recieve email
Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account with my own personal user name and password? Boomerang <Boomerang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently moved from Austin to Kansas City. Currently using my fathers > ISP for internet and email access. Need help on how to send and > receive emails through outlook 2002. Can I just creat a new account > with my own personal user name and password? With the ISP? You...

Can not close the mailbox.
Hello, I was using MDaemon groupware before and then uninstall it. Then, I try to remove the mailbox that the MDaemon Groupware had created. but the Outlook prompt me "The set of folder could not be open" and the detail is "This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is: Unavailable Protected with file permissions On a share on a server and the network is down Corrupt To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local computer. You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to verify file integrity. More information about ...

Multiplying the number in one cell and providing the product in an
I've never set up a formula before, not even the most basic. I need help and I'm not sure if its entirely possible. Please let me know. Labor Hours Labor Cost (95/hr) 2 190 5 950 I need to be able to enter in the number of hours in one cell (under labor hrs) and have those hours multiplied by the cost ($95) and the product displayed in the cooresponding cell (under labor cost). Is this possible? If so, how? EXCEL 2007 1. In cell A2 I have put your 2 (your hours figure). 2. In cell B2 I have put ...

Can't open workbook by clicking on file
Why won't double-clicking open the workbook? When I am in Windows Explorer (or other folder) with excel file in it I double-click on the file and xcel opens WITHOUT a workbook! If I have one or two workbooks open and double click on the nex workbook I want to open, it still opens a blank xcell window, not blank workbook, a blank xcell window. I am runningwindows XP. It did this with office 2000, and now afte installing Office XP 2004 it STILL does it. The only way to open a workbook is to open excel first and then us open command and navigate. Sounds minor, but can't do merge i...

Numbering a spreadsheet
Hello Excel Experts! I have a spreadsheet that is numbered 1-105, but because of column headers the numbers in my spreadsheet do not coincide with the excel row numbers. Oftentimes, I have to delete rows, but I want the original numbering to stay intact. For example, today, if I delete the row I've numbered as 35, I have to go through and re-number rows 36-105. Is there anyway to avoid manually re-entering the information so that it automatically corrects itself when a row is deleted. Look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip035.htm -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://my...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

Converting Publisher Files to Acrobat
Is it possible to convert a Publisher file (2-page newsletter -- mostly text) to Acrobat? How do I do this? THANKS. Please respond directly to my email -- LSPosey@pdq.net You will need a third party program to do it. Here's my canned response. You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 years ago and did some trials on freeware, shareware and commercial programs (excluding Adobe Acrobat). The winner for me was/is the commercial ...

Can't use links
Every time I try to click a link I get an error message "general failure. the url was: "http....etc Any idea what's going on? I can't even enable instant search or click any links in my email. Always get the same error message (obviously with different url info). I welcome your suggestions and thanks in advance. I just recently upgraded from office 2003 and 2007 is awesome! This appears to be a default browser problem. In the two cases I found by searching, the problem was solved by setting IE to be the default browser; in one case by using "Set Program acces...

Can't delete Contacts in Address Book in Outlook 2000
It might be coincidental, but soon after I installed the Outlook Personal Folders Backup, it seems now I can't delete names from my Contacts and I want to delete names I no longer need to send e-mails to. When I attempt to delete those names, I get this message: Some names could not be deleted from the address list. The action could not be completed. Does anyone know how to get around this? ...

Can you create a table of contents from the worksheet tabs in a w.
I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to create a summary worksheet at the beginning of the workbook that is a linked table of contents based on the worksheet tab names? Much like how PowerPoint allows you to see an Outline view of the slides. In a perfect scenario, if I renamed a worksheet tab, that information would be reflected in the table of contents. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "sumatradc" wrote: > I use Excel files that have up multiple worksheets. Is there an easy way to > create a summary wor...

change format of existing numbers
I have a worksheet with thousands of phone numbers on it, but not formatted as phone numbers. If I change the existing numbers' cell format to a custom ###-###-#### format, it won't format the numbers this way unless I double click in each cell (cell content edit mode) and press enter. Unlike regular number formats, it seems as though excel won't convert existing data to my custom format unless: -Cell is formatted and THEN number is entered -If cell has existing number, I must click INTO the cell (editing mode) Please help! much thanks mari Let me add to my ques...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

How can I data sort to more than 3 levels
Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me do a data sort in Excel to 4 or more levels at once. Currently you can only do 3 levels, and then you have to separate the data to do more. Thanks for any help -- Pam LaDue ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pam LaDue's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36773 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564880 You have replies at your other post. Pam LaDue wrote: > > Is there a technique or add-in utility that will let me d...

How can I import Smartdraw Files in Visio
I have files I created in Smartdraw *.sdr and I would like to import them into Viso as I no longer use Smartdraw. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, John Pierce Visio does not have an import filter for Smartdraw. You might be able to Copy / Paste your drawing as a metafile image between the applications. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John Pierce" <JohnPierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F0B751B-4D16-406F-81B8-7F56844963FA@microsoft....

sorting number with multiple minus signs.....
We try to sort a list with partnumbers. This list includes partnumbers starting with a minus sign and including an extra minus signs (like -12930-03), numbers not starting with a minussign but including multiple minussigns (like 15-6064-10) and "normal" numbers with numbers or characters. We want all numbers starting with a minussign to appear on top. But when we try to sort them, the partnumber starting with 0... are on top of the list and the ones with z... are at the bottom. When we format the cells as number, the partnumbers are sorted with -... on top and z... at the b...

Can you Find and Replace values with in a formula?
Is it possible to search and replace values within a formula? I realize it is easy to due to a value in a cell, but I am unable to perform this with the formulas with in the cells. Edit > Replace..........works fine for me on regular text or formulas in XL2k...........what version Excel are you having trouble with? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rascall" <rascall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A311F89-402F-4031-A727-CEEE0E5F2397@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to search and replace values within a formula? I realize it > is easy to due to a...

Can not import Outlook 2003 PST into Outlook XP
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error message: 'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator.' Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Gary. You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook20...

Populate empty fields with a number
I have a a column which has 3 possibilites, 1,2 or 3. I have already populated fields with either a 1 or 2 based on another query. I wish to populate the remainder of fields which have no content with 3. I have tried to write the query as UPDATE dbase SET dbase.[field] = 3 WHERE dbase.[field] <> 1 AND <> 2. But this doesn't work, and have tried UPDATE dbase SET dbase.[field] = 3 WHERE dbase.[field] = "", and this doesn't work either. Data type mismatch occurs on last query. Any help would be great? Cheers -- Paul Wilson Paul, You might try: UPDATE dbas...

can I sync between desktop and notebook with outlook 2003?
Does outlook 2003 offer an easy way to sync between a desktop and a notebook? Basically, I want the desktop to have everything, and the notebook to have updated contacts, but anything else changed on the desktop does not need to be updated on the notebook. E.g. if I sent an email on the notebook, I want a copy of the sent email on the desktop as well. But if I send something on the desktop, I don't need a copy of that on the notebook. The notebook is just to read email while on the road. I saw people talk about OST file. Could someone give a brief (one or two sentences) conceptual descr...

Exported new store from HQ
Hello, I setup a second store by exporting it from HQ. When I loaded the database in at my new store I was unable to log into Manager and POS. It seems the export somehow resets the password but not sure. I am running version 2.0.0116. Btw I did another export and loaded locally on my machine and couldn't access manager or POS Help! Thanks, Shawn Ezhaghi Vitet Consulting Group Ltd. 646-706-7600 xt: 101 "Not just consultants but retailers too." I had the same problem. I had to use SO administrator, and write to the database using SQL. it is normally stored as an e...

can send but not receive to Outlook however e-mail is in my hotmai
This morning opened Outlook 2003 as I always do but e-mails did not come in, even after I clicked send and receive several times. I sent test e-mail, it was sent. I checked my hotmail acct, new e-mails are there they just don't come into Outlook. I can send from Outlook, why can't I receive?? I changed NO settings. The only thing I did yesterday was delete web browse history, delete cookies, delete temp folders. I do these things ever few weeks so doubt that is the issue but who knows. Please, if anyone knows what's going on, I would be ever so appreciative for adv...

RE: Exchange monitor notification can't send me alerts...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I am trying to setup exchange to monitor the status of the hard drive space on the C: I know how to do that and I was able to setup notifications. The notification was able to send to my work email address but it won't send to my nextel cell phone. I was able to send mail to my cell phone so I know that my cell phone can receive text messages. Can anyone please advise? ...