Can you record a macro in Publisher like you can in Excel?

In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro.  Excel records the keystrokes
and converts to VB.  Does Publisher have that option?  In my version,
Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB.  However, I
don't know how to code VB.

0
Darlene (21)

Darlene wrote:
> In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro.  Excel records the keystrokes
> and converts to VB.  Does Publisher have that option?  In my version,
> Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB.  However, I
> don't know how to code VB.

Publisher does not have a Macro Recorder, sorry.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
Darlene wrote:
> In Excel I use the feature to Record a Macro.  Excel records the keystrokes
> and converts to VB.  Does Publisher have that option?  In my version,
> Publisher 2003, I can Create a Macro, and it takes me into VB.  However, I
> don't know how to code VB.

There's no macro recorder in Publisher, but you could use a generic
macro recorder/windows automation tool instead.  Such as our Macro
Scheduler:

http://www.mjtnet.com/macro_scheduler.htm

Marcus
http://www.mjtnet.com
Macro Scheduler for Windows and Software Process Automation

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Excel 2007

Locked records
I am having a bit of an annoying problem with my Access application. The data is held on a SQL 2000 server with Access front-end. I have a form (Form A) used for editing records, this form is launched from a command button on another form (Form B) and filters to a sepcific records on Form A dependant on the record in Form B. Nothing special here I use this technique all over this application. Form A opens up and displays the record I want but when ever I make a change and try to exit the form or save the record I get the following message: "The record has been changed by another user...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Before Update on record select

Compare records in a query then write equation??
Hi all, i have a problem and i need help, the case is as follows: the default rule is that i have 4 fields, (Date, Team, Score). each team is allowed to have one score per day but sometimes it can have 2 scores per day, when this is the case i wanna multiply each score by a certain number and have one score instead of 2 scores (similar to average but not average). So, i need to have a condition which compares records, and if this is the case, formulates this equation and gives me one score instead of 2 scores. Please help SELECT Team, [Date], Sum(Score)/Count(Score) * IIF(Count(Score) =1,1,S...

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

can't customize toolbar

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

Can anyone help ?