Can't use Merge feature

If I have a postcard file I've already made on the
screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under
Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists
that I either form a new database list of addresses or
edit the one that I want to merge.  I don't want to edit
the one I want to merge.  I just want to MERGE it.

If, however, I have just a postcard template on the
screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN
pull up the "merge" feature under Tools.  It is not
shaded out.

How do I un-shade the "merge" feature?

To merge, you must choose the postcard option in page setup. Only one card will be
visible on your screen but the merge ought to work then.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/
"JuliaW" <scorpiorising275@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I have a postcard file I've already made on the
> screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under
> Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists
> that I either form a new database list of addresses or
> edit the one that I want to merge.  I don't want to edit
> the one I want to merge.  I just want to MERGE it.
>
> If, however, I have just a postcard template on the
> screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN
> pull up the "merge" feature under Tools.  It is not
> shaded out.
>
> How do I un-shade the "merge" feature?

0
laserdog (1122)
12/12/2003 5:34:24 PM
Julia what happened to your post of yesterday.

Did you reply to that, because it does not look like you did.

What is wrong with you?

Are you having a major malfunction of some sort or other.

Your issue is easily fixed if you answered the questions I posed to you on
your previous post.

donotknock (1941)

Using Microsoft Money 2003 for a small Church
I am the Rector of a very small (about 40 members) Episcopal Church in a small town in PA. Does anyone "out there" have any information how I can make Money 2003 work for our very simple Church budget? An article I can read - - some reference to making the categories work for a church/business rather than home? We can certainly use the online banking which Money provides -- but I don't think we need the whole business version of Money 2003. I'm thinking that, with a little tweaking, Money 2003 for home will do the trick. Any suggestions? I'm grateful for an...

how to see the whole text in merged cells?
I have a text which i need to put in a cell. As the text is pretty big i merged few cells (in one collumn) and used "wrap text". However starting from 1522 symbol (i checked it using different texts) the text is not seen in a cell, only in "function" bar. More, if i use "alt+enter" one more line can be seen, the rest not, and so on, actually using "alt+enter" after every word will allow me to see the whole text in merged cell, but that not the best way out i think. What is the problem??? Plz help! If you add those alt-enters every 80-100 characte...

how to use the function sorting in excel
can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel. thank you "excel2003" wrote: > can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel For a good start, suggest you try Excel's help, Click Help>Microsoft Excel Help, search for: sorting The fundamentals are all there. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Data>Sort then accomadate your data accordinly. Or Data>Filter>Autofilter in order to use dropdown list to sort. -- Can''''t hear the Rain ? Then listen to it. "excel2003" wrote: &...

After merging 2 ContextMenuStrip how to call Opening ?
Hello All I ve got 2 ContextMenuStrip menu1 : _A _B menu2 : _C _D I set Opening on both menu menu1.Opening += new CancelEventHandler(MyOpening1); menu2.Opening += new CancelEventHandler(MyOpening2); now I want to merge these 2 menus into one : ContextMenuStrip newMenu= new ContextMenuStrip(); ToolStripManager.Merge(menu1, newMenu); ToolStripManager.Merge(menu2, newMenu); newMenu.Opening += new CancelEventHandler(myNewOpening); In fact I m stuck here : when the newMenu is about to be displayed, OnOpening is fired but how can I call the Opening of the o...

Can't use the Send/Receive Button in Outlook 2002
The button used to work fine! I then imported my .pst file from outlook 2000. The import went on fine. The problem seem to have started when I imported my rules and now, each time a click on the Send/Receive Button, I get the message "Operation failed" and no other clue as to what may be wrong. Any ideas! I have tried doing away with the rules but with no joy and I am not suspecting them anyway. It was just because of the coincidence. My email comes at the set interval when outlook automatically checks the server. I am on a LAN and running Windows XP on a Compaq Evo (228...

Workbook Merge Process Fails : Techgroups
All of the basic settings are fine because simple merges are working. When I make one change is Spreadsheet A, and Merge those changes into Spreadsheet B, everything works fine. However, when I make changes in Spreadsheet A, and another user makes changes in Spreadsheet B (which is an exact copy of Spreadsheet A), I get the following error: ------ That workbook cannot be merged because it contains changes that have not been merged followed by later changes that have already been merged into the current workbook. ------ Any ideas? Never mind, I found the solution. - techgroups &...

Using exchange 2003 for internal mail only
we have setup exchange for internal mail. When we setup the pop account in outlook we can send and receive mail. However if someone replies, it is trying to send the reply to domain.local account which does not exist. Can anyone help "imajava" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we have setup exchange for internal mail. When we setup >the pop account in outlook we can send and receive mail. >However if someone replies, it is trying to send the reply >to domain.local account which does not exist. Can anyone >help Simplest solution is to ...

Using a macro to edit cells?
Is there a way to edit cells similiar to conditional formatting but us a macro button to perform the desired action? This macro would d something based on cell contents. I.e. bold all text that starts wit a certain set of characters -- bdun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bdunk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=50 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26548 Hi of course this is possible. Have you already experience with VBA? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "b...

why 2 'sent items' folders when 1 isn't used?
Whenever I send an email a copy is stored in the sent items folders of my default account. I would prefer to have it saved in the sent items folder of my storage folders, but can't find any way to make that happen. Why have that second folder if it is not used? Mail accounts use the Sent Items folder within the account folder. Newsgroup messages use the Storage folders/Sent Items folder - ie..the second folder is used. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "corystes" <corystes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0374B5A-7A93-40CF-939C-921E5...

how to protect appointed rows or columns to use the mouse and keyboard
hzh, You could include some text in your post. Maybe then we could figure out what you mean by "appointed"?? "To use the mouse and keyboard" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Maybe you're a new poster??? If so, take a look here before reposting: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm Most anything that could be asked in the newsgroups has already been answered. Take a look here and you may just find what you're looking for (whatever that is)?? http://tinyurl.com/29pby John "hzh" <hzh62@163.com> wrote in message news:7A2382EE-00E6-4679...

Expandable choices using + and
Greetings and salutations! I'm creating a form offering users checkboxes to denote their choice. Since I have several "sub" choices, I'd like to incorporate an expandable list where the user clicks on a "plus" sign, makes a choice and/or click on the "minus" sign to collapse. I've searched the other questions and didn't come across anything similar or that would lead me in the right direction. I'm hoping someone can help me shed some light on this. Thanks in advance! -- "Alcohol, the cause AND solution to all of life''s pr...

save problem when using Word or Publisher 2003
I'm using Office Pro 2003 on a PC with Windows XP pro. Often when I try to save a file in either Publisher, Word or Powerpoint the program locks up. This seems to happen particularly if I try to save to a destination other than the default "My Documents" and navigate through the disk structure. I then have to terminate the program and start again. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here. This happens whenever I try to navigate through the file structure to save elsewhere than the default "My Documents" It also happens when I try to OPEN a file which is sa...

Sum Value using ALT+ENTER
i have enter the record in the row, and inside the cell, i'm using ALT+Enter to make more line for the record, but i would like to know how to sum of the value in this cell?? e.g. C1 C2 C3 R1 1 1 XD R2 2 2 YY R3 1 XY R3 2 A R4 3 3 how can i get the value of A = 3, that is the sum of R3C1(1+2) also, how can i put the dollar sign automatically in cell R3C1 if i'm using "ALT+ENTER" to make more line. -- kilianli -------------------------------...

What Custom View in MS Excel is used for?
What is the advantage of using custom view in Microsoft Excel? What does it gives me? Did you ever open a large WB, and then spend time scrolling and navigating to get to the information you need, or have different departments say that they can't find the data that they need? Did the boss ever tell you to create another sheet, just for him, without all the itemizations, so he could just look at the totals, when you know all the information was on the present sheet, and all he would have to do would be to hide some rows and columns? ... BUT ... he's the boss, and you can't tell h...

OWA-SSL: Should I use 3rd party certificate or create own CA
My partner and I are debating the use of a third party certificate (like Verisign) or the creation of our own Certificate Authority. We want our users to access OWA via ssl. I thought we should use third part certs because then we wouldn't have to worry about browsers having or not having our public key. I thought we would have to install that key on each machine that someone wanted to use to access OWA. My partner thinks that we could create our own CA using Windows 2000 server and create the certs. He believes that IE would already have the public key for certs created by our M...

How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003?
How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003? Where do you want the text to be wrapped? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "depthwish" <depthwish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58EF03B-EE30-40F5-829E-B38C00A774B5@microsoft.com... > How can I use wraparound of text in MS Access 2003? For reports, you can use the "can grow" and "can shrink" options to have text boxes expand as necessary (don't forget to set these options for the section as well). The controls on forms a...

Outlook 2002 uses 99% CPU #3
After running for several minutes system slows right down. TaskManager shows Outlook to be using 99% capacity. If I close the process tree useage immediately drops and I can work again, until I re-open Outlook when all restarts. No trace any bugs etc. - only been happening last 3/4 weeks - both pre and post SP2. Any ideas, please? I've got the same problem with Outlook 03. Out of nowhere my CPU will be at 100%, 99% of it is Outlook. Only the last few weeks. "A.Woodford" wrote: > After running for several minutes system slows right > down. TaskManager shows...

use of CRecordset
Hi, I am looking for tutorial explaining me how use correctly CRecordset. for example: pRS->Open(AFX_DB_USE_DEFAULT_TYPE) pRS->m_pDatabase->ExecuteQuery("insert into table (val1,val2) values (1,2) ") works but the first line (pRS->Open()) takes very long time (10s : the database is important - does it load the entire table?) but pRS->Open(AFX_DB_USE_DEFAULT_TYPE,"insert into table (val1,val2) values (1,2) ") does not work and pRS->Open(AFX_DB_USE_DEFAULT_TYPE,"select * from table") works I am working with VC++ 6 with XP. The goal is to co...

Replace Number with Text using Macro
I need help replacing a number with text using a Macro. For example: I need to replace numbers in Column B with text Replace 212 with "Sike Branch Manager" Replace 154 with "So County Manager" Replace 188 with "Bridge Manager" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sub ReplaceEm() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLAstRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow WIth Cells(i,"A"). Select Case Value Case 212 : .Value = "Sike Branch Manager" Case 15...

using find in excel from C# code
Hi, I am working to make an aplication that open an existing excel file, search for some text and notifies the result. Now, when I run it, before the excel file's opens get this error: COMException Types mismatch (Exception HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) My code is: object oMissing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; Excel.ApplicationClass oExcel = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); oExcel.Visible = true; Excel.Workbooks oBooks = oExcel.Workbooks; Excel._Workbook oBook = null; ...

tell XP to always use primary monitor?
I run dual monitors. Is there a way to tell Windows XP (SP3) to ALWAYS open new windows in the primary monitor? 50% of the time I only have my primary running. I usually forget to move windows (like browsers for example) over to the primary before closing them so Windows thinks that I want to open it up again in the other monitor. I know how to tell an app to open in the primary the next time around by restoring it in the primary and then closing it. That's not the problem. I'd like to tell windwos to NEVER open new instances of anything in the secondary monitor. I'...

How to stop time format changing when I merge cell contents?
I am trying to merge to time cells, (both set to English (United States), Time Type 13:30) both cells display correctly where I entered them (9:00 and 9:45) but when I merge the cell contents using the function =A4&" - "&B4 I get the result 0.375 - 0.406 instead of 9:00 - 9:45 as expected. The destination cell has the same time settings as the two original cells. How do I stop the times converting to decimals and get them to display the way I want them too? =TEXT(A4,"hh:mm") & " - " & TEXT(B4,"hh:mm") Gord Dibben MS ...

Changing the color of a Series Collection using visual basic?
I am trying to change the color of a Series Collection using visual basic. I have tried things like "Chart(1).SeriesCollection(2).Points.Interior.Color = 3" among many others, if you could give me any help I would appreciate it. Thanks Koreef, The examples below assume you are working with embedded charts: To change all of the series colors for all charts in a worksheet (edit out the markers if you don't want them): Sub LoopSeries() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim ser As Series For Each ws In Worksheets For Each ct In ws.ChartObjec...

Dont need to use query and indexing feature of moss in project ser
we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing environment of project server 2007. which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which first is application server and second is database server. Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query and Indexing feature in front end application server of project server 2007 after installation of MOSS 2007 in front end server ? Actually I want to proposal workflow for sales dept . when the sales dept got a project . they need to submit proposal and proposal workflow will start to...

Printing Variable Label Quantities from a Merge
Greetings; I am trying to figure out how to print variable quantities of labels based on a "quantity" field in a File. The purpose is to print out inventory labels. I can export the database which will have, for example, the following fields. Product: A B C Qty: 1 5 7 I can set up the basic merge (the Product line), but I want to be able to tell Word to print out ONE label of "A", FIVE labels of "B" and SEVEN labels of "C". Help please!!! Thanks > I can export the...