Can't type in text - no Object toolbar

I selected template & managed to create first panel on template.  I cannot
type in text on remaining 2 sections.  HELP says go to Object toolbar & click
textframe tool.  Only toolbars I have are standard and formatting.  I cannot
locate either Object toolbar or anything like textframe tool.
Using Pulbisher which came as part of Office 2000 Professional.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MSfrustrated48 wrote:
> I selected template & managed to create first panel on
> template.  I cannot type in text on remaining 2 sections.
> HELP says go to Object toolbar & click textframe tool.
> Only toolbars I have are standard and formatting.  I
> cannot locate either Object toolbar or anything like
> textframe tool.
> Using Pulbisher which came as part of Office 2000
> Professional.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
==================================
The Text Frame Tool button has an "A"
on it. It's on the left of your screen.

Left click the A and then left click/drag to
create a textbox.

--

John Inzer

0
oobie (2069)
4/9/2006 5:24:38 PM
It will take a registry fix.
PUB2000: How to Reset the Toolbars in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212558/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"MSfrustrated48" <MSfrustrated48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I selected template & managed to create first panel on template.  I cannot
> type in text on remaining 2 sections.  HELP says go to Object toolbar & click
> textframe tool.  Only toolbars I have are standard and formatting.  I cannot
> locate either Object toolbar or anything like textframe tool.
> Using Pulbisher which came as part of Office 2000 Professional.

mary-sauer (6480)

Ole object list
Hi, Is there any way to add a kind of object (ex.: Journal document or OneNote document) in the list of objects of the windows who open after we right clic the command "Insert an object" in a Ole field in Access 2007 (Vista system)? Thanks! ...

selecting text
I need to select only the cells with text colunm N with text in them -- 25jum ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 25jump's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51082 Select column N Edit>Go to>Special, click Constants and check only Text (under Formulas) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "25jump" <25jump.22zhcm_1139524801.0779@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:25jump.22zhcm_1139524801.0779@excelforum-nospam.com.....

Replace text format
I've got a customer that has a bunch of paragraphs within cells. She is using the Find/Replace option, to search for a particular word. She finds 5 instances of the word and wants to replace the formatting of this ONE word to standout against the rest of the cell's contents. When she uses the Replace and sets the format to Bold and Red, the entire cell's contents change to Bold red instead of changing just the single word. Is there any way to do it so that just the word and not the entire cell's contents change? Unfortunately, in this case it's not really an o...

Format text box as Bulleted List as default
In AC2007 I would like to have a text box (rich text format) on my form automatically format the text that a user enters as a bulleted list when they begin typing. Currently the user needs to click the "Start a bulleted list" button on the ribbon before they begin typing. "Steve P" <Steve P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32E0219C-6D02-44AA-A292-38C2900F8F88@microsoft.com... > In AC2007 I would like to have a text box (rich text format) > on my form automatically format the text that a user enters as a > bulleted list when they...

Adding text to a listbox from main frame
I am a new poster here, so I hope this is the correct group to put this in... I am a beginner to VC++, and I'm trying to accomplish something that seems like it should be simple. I have a main frame that I've added a child dialog to, called TabCtrlHolder, which acts as a holder for the various pages in my tab control. I then have 6 pages that I can switch through with tab control. On one of these pages, I have a listbox that I need to add data to every time an event occurs. But I can't seem to access the listbox! I've tried the following: classWithListBox cwlb; mainFrm:...

Logical Test if statements with text--Excel 2002
I am trying to format a cell to check and see values for a range of other cells. If the value of the cell is a text letter (r, y, g, or c) I want the value to be returned to be whatever letter it was. How can I do thies? huh? >>be returned to be whatever letter it was -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0223028-7A92-4506-A369-C8D248897D65@microsoft.com... > I am trying to format a cell to check and see values for a range of other > cells. If the value of the cell is a text letter (r,...

mixing chart types
I want to create a new blended chart with our bars and a line (all using the same labels and periods). I am aware that Excel has a custom line and column chart, however I want to produce a chart with four bar graphs and a single line (a reference set of data that is not a trend line --i.e., not an average etc), but the line looks like one. I can "force" the current custom chart to produce what I want only by caputuring "blank series" of data; but then these show up on my key and I do not want that. How do I create a custom chart that mixes lines and graphs the way I want...

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Default Text
How can I change the text default from "plain text" to "HTML"? I know it is probably easy, but I can't find the option anywhere. Any help is welcome. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using, but in 2003 (and XP, if I remember correctly), at the Inbox menu, select Tools, Options, Mail Format. Judy Freed Systems Development UNC Charlotte "Nancy" <photoconcepts@charter.net> wrote in message news:960801c4338e$4b5dfd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I change the text default from "plain text" > to "HTML"? I know i...

Extracting text from a cell entry
I have column with thousands of data entires e.g. AAL AAR AAR ABJ ABJ ABJ ABJ ABJ ABV These are airport codes if you're really interested! Some of the entries have an apostrophe in front of the three character code i.e. in the formula window it may actually appear as 'AAL Other entries sometimes have two or more blank spaces after them. Is there a way I can just extract the three digit text string from these entries so that I can create a new column with just the three leter codes and no spaces or apostrohe's? Many Thanks -- morchard ------------------------------------...

Disabling Text Box Duplications in Brochure
I am using one of the brochure templates and everytime I change the top text box on the first page, it changes the text box on the third, fifth, etc. pages. Same with the second, fourth, and so on. How do I make this stop? It's making me crazy. I'm using Publisher 2002, if it matters. Thanks! Delete the text box on each page and replace it with one of your own creation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "NewportCS" <NewportCS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FD9E6C-6EFC-4BA6-B...

The ol' "An object could not be found." message when trying to close a PST
As noted in the subject, I'm getting this message when trying to close my "Archived Folders" PST file. My searches using the KB as well as Google turned up a few instances of this message, but none had to do with closing a PST file. I've tried: - Renaming the "Archived Folders" PST, then re-opening OL2002. - Moving the "Archived Folders" PST to another directory, then re-opening OL2002. - Creating a new PST, copying everything from the archive PST into the new one, compacting the new one, and substituting it for the original "Archived Fol...

Mixing Formulae and Text in one cell
Can I write a sentence in an Excel cell which contains both text and a formula eg "The total therefore is SUM(A1:A5)" --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ like this ="the "&sum(a1:a5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com ":-) >" <<.1bd1s3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:.1bd1s3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can I write a sentence in an Excel cell which contains both text and a > formula eg "The total therefore is SUM(A1:A5)" > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum...

Importing text files with mathematical characters
I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quantity of something.) Excel will not allow these characters as it thinks they are mathematical. Is there any way of stopping this happening? Thanks in advance "The Beckster" <The Beckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D6533B-0C29-4287-9ECE-A337DE39DB8D@microsoft.com... > I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as > part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quant...

Sales transaction Entry
Good morning, Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the parameter to change this. Thanks The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It's under User Preferences. It is set by user not by system. depending on your version, go to your Home pag...

when I type a zip code into a cell, only zeros show up. Help?
We have tried format, cells, zip code. When we type in a zip code then tab to the next cell, only zeros show up in the cell. I presume you do not actually get ALL zeros. What number did you type into the cell, is it possible that you have Lotus 1-2-3 Transitions on in Tools, options, transition and are doing a subtraction. I guess you said you only see zeros. Anyway the zip code formats in Format, cells, special require you to choose 5 digit or 9 digit, seems you chose 9 digits and entered 5. and your actual format would be 00000-0000 so a zip code of 07710 would look l...

When entering numbers as text
I have several spreadsheets that have numbers entered as text. When I change it to text it gives me a green tag which I have to select and then choose "Ignore error" to get it to disappear. Is there away to prevent that from occurring? It is a real nuisance to do that everytime I add numbers as text. Hi! Goto Tools>Options>Error Checking If you want to avoid all of those "lovely triangles", under Rules, uncheck everything. Biff "jmcme" <jmcme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A56B60C2-CCA7-4A26-95FE-F03EC01BDA43@microsoft.c...

Why are my auditing and forms toolbars disabled?
I've been maintaining and constantly adding to a workbook with Bloomberg links for over five years. As hard as this is to believe, about a month ago a button for a macro I have 'disappeared' (when I hear this it sounds like something an Excel novice would write!). Further, the auditing and the forms toolbars are all disabled, i.e. the functions are no longer available to me. I have no troubles manually running the macros that I have written, including the ones originally attached to the button in question. I don't have the security at a high level, nor are any sheets...

Changing a text field to a number
Hello there! I imported a MS Project file in excel and I have values in cell like 3.5d (3 and a half days)...I would like to browse all cells and remove the day to get only the numbers... The 'd' is always the last character in the cell... I tried using a macro but failed... Has anyone any idea about how to browse a column (top to bottom), remove all the "d" and go to the next column on top Thank you so muchfor your precious help Michel On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:17:29 -0500, "Michel Khennafi" <mkhennafi@mke.catalystwms.com> wrote: >Hello there! > >...

Outlook 2007
Hi, I am a new user for Outlook 2007, but have used Outlook for the last 10 years or so, so know it pretty well. When I try to type a message (in fact it is happening again right now so perhaps it is not an Outlook problem!), the text sort of changes, and my cursor keeps jumping to a previous line. I can only liken it to the predictive text (is that what they call it?) on mobile phones. It is very frustrating. This is a new laptop with Vista Home Premium and Office Pro 2007. Just in case it was something odd that I was doing, I have just hopped onto mmy old laptop and did not ...

Switch text box to combo box
I have a form and subform created from the following tables:- tblRepairCategory RepairCategoryID (Primary Key - Autonumber) RepairCategory (Text) - on form main (frmCategory) tblRepairType RepairTypeID (Autonumber) RepairCategoryID (Number - Long) RepairType (Text) - on form (subfrmRepairType) BuyPrice (Currency) - on form (subfrmRepairType) SellPrice (Currency) - on form (subfrmRepairType) form objects are:- Main Form - frmCategory "txtRepairCategory" Subform - subfrmRepairType "txtRepairType" "txtBuyPric...

Selecting cells that contain text in a specific format
Hi all, I have a list of clients who are extracted from access but I need to change the saluation from the clients initials to Sir/Madam. For Example Surname Firstname Salutation ------------------------------------------- Smith G Sir/Madam Andrews A B Sir/Madam Green R C L Sir/Madam Jones Mary Mary Initially, I was just going to highlight any entries in the firstname column that contained a space give the a value of true which would change the saluation to Sir/Madam. However this does not take into ...

How do I create a button on the toolbar that will start my form?
I want to add a buttton to the toolbar that starts my calculation program ...

Replacing null values in text fields
Hi, i have created a query from just one table, which is basically a list of Financial transactions. There is a field called supplier code, in this query. Most of the transactions have a supplier code, but there are a few that don't. i've got another table that has the supplier name against the supplier code. i want to bring this table into the query, so that i can show the supplier names against those records in the query that have a supplier code. when i add this table and link the 2 tables up and put the supplier name into the query. The query excludes the records with no s...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...