Tanner (2)

I think this has come up many times with GODADDY.
You will find your content displaced away to the right.

Please ask Pub WEB related questions at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign
and include your operating system as well as your PUB and IE versions and
include your URL if possible so others can help you.

John G.

"Tom Tanner" <Tom Tanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to publish my website using Pub. 2007.  I am publishing to
> godaddy.  I have uploaded it after many try's. But only the background
> shows
> up.

0
Greentest1 (225)

Publishing in 2007
I created a presentation in office 2007. I then published as a show and plan on sending it as an attachment to emails. Will recipients of the email who have Office 2003 be able to open and iew the presentation? They should as long as you save as a 97-2003 presentation -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9814B37C-9F4C-47D6-9139-6F0ECB701486@microsoft.com... > I created a presentation in office 2007. I then published as a show and > plan > on sending it as an attachment to em...

Publisher is printing jpg as black box
I have inserted a jpg into my document and it appears correctly on the screen but when I print it, it prints as a black square. This does not happen with all jpgs. -- Ron McKie Have you tried printing this image in a different application? If other jpg's do okay, then it could be this image is corrupt. Open it in Paint, save as a different name and try again. Check to make sure you have the most current printer driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RonMcKie" <ronmckie(removethis)@msn.com> wr...

How do I delete [or hide] "@fonts" in Publisher?
I just upgraded to Windows 7 and am using Publisher 2007. The first 33 fonts in my font list all start with the @ symbol and are fonts I have never heard of, nor want. They do not appear as such in the Windows Fonts. I understand from other forums that these are "international fonts". It is frustrating to me that these "least used fonts" appear at the "top" of the list. Why not start them with some cryptic character to force them to the bottom? Nevertheless, my question is: How do I remove them from the display? Go here http://www.7tutorials.com...

Publisher 2003 files can't be opened by Publisher 2000 users
Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files they can't be opened by associates who are using Publisher 2000. What might be the problem? Does it happen every time? I've had it happen to me occasionally but I've found a little perseverance seems to do the trick. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hobnail" <hobnail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267B71A6-55FD-4C7E-97DA-A37FBC9F75FA@microsoft.com... > Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files > they can't be ...

Publisher newsletter production problems
We use Publisher 2000 at my work to produce a community newspaper of about 12 A4 pages (3 x A3 printed double side). We have had a lot of trouble working with Project, taking very long time to produce each document. The documents have a number of digital photos embedded. Problems include taking up to 50 minutes to save a document (document size is ranging from 200 to over 500 mb), during which time you obviously can't work on it, text formatting changing when manipulating photos, difficulty in working with text boxes. The staff using the program claim that Publisher is not up to ...

ASP.NET 1.1 Website migrated from IIS 6 to IIS 7
Hi all I don't know if this is the correct forum to pose this question. I have an ASP.NET 1.1 web application that I'm required to migrate from an IIS 6 environment (Windows Server 2003) to an IIS 7 environment (Windows Server 2008). I'm experiencing problems with the DHTML menus. In IIS 6 they display the text and the link whereas in IIS 7 it only displays the text, not the link. Is there a patch that I need to install on Windows Server 2008 to rectify this problem? What am I missing? Has anyone else experienced this problem? :confused: I am most confuzzle...

cannot open publisher 97 file
"Publisher cannot load files from a different version" is the message I get when I tried to open a saved publisher 97 file from a floppy disc I made 2 years ago. I have not bought an upgraded version of Publisher and I don't think I upgraded Publisher 97. This is an important file. Help! Copy the file to your hard drive and try again... Publisher balks at removable media. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking." -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John" <anonymous@discussions...

Publisher font won't hold in text box. DEADLINE
I'm on a client deadline for a newsletter. Original type Arial 14; when retyping/editing text in text box, font switches to Times New Roman and/or Arial 7.5. I block it, specify Arial 14; type in; switches to 7.5. Both Arial and Times New Roman are indicated as embedded. Thank you. -- I would suggest checking the text box settings for the change in sizes. As for the font, check your default printer setting. that might make a difference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "brenda starr" <brendastarr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC...

Wrap text around objects using Publisher 2000
I use Publisher 2000 on a Windows 98, Second Edition, machine. The Publisher came as part of a Microsoft Office 2000 Professional suite; I bought the Academic Edition. I am unable to cause my text to wrap around objects and also not able to use multiple columns in a single text box. I feel certain that I am following the correct sequence of steps and I am beginning to wonder if, perhaps, these features are not part of the Academic Version. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Word Art will allow some manipulating of the text to go around objects. Do you mean multiple columns...

is it possible to modify a font I'm using in word or publisher
The particular font I'm using would look better (for the project) if it were further 'slanted' forward (even more so than itacicizing does for it). Is there any way to achieve this? You could use WordArt, you can skew WordArt. It probably isn't practical with a lot of text, but it will work with a bit of tweaking. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SadieSue" <SadieSue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181F1157-A8BB-4F36-BFC8-55A0D18EA2C8@microsoft.com... > The particu...

HELP: Publisher 2007 and HP6980dt Duplex Issue
I am using Publisher 2007. I have a 38 page document that I want to print double sided and in color on glossy brochure paper. I am running Windows XP SP2 with all patches to date. Its a 1.8ghz P4 with 2gig RAM and 100gb of free disk space. The printer is an HP6980dt using the latest HP printer driver for that model with a built in duplexer and connected to my network using the 802.11g wireless option. The HP6980dt I own has a duplexer BUT the margin required for the bottom of the page for the duplexer to work is too large so I cannot use the built in duplexer. Publisher 2007 has a duplex...

Printing in Microsoft Publisher
How do I print an A4 copy of a 59 x 84cm sign in Microsoft Publisher? It keeps printing out around 15 pages with the actual size of the sign. I just need an A4 copy so I can get it proofed :) While the sign is displayed in Publisher resize it to screen size (you may take advantage of available screen are by rotating the sign 90�). Now do a Prnt Scrn, open Paint, size to your liking and send it to the printer. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Leah" <Leah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7E9CBF5-9E5A-4B4E-B01C-90E560EB6EA7@microsoft.com... > How do I print an...

Printing address and email lists in Publisher 2007
I have just purchased this software and have spent about and hour trying to figure out how to print the address list I created in Publisher in the My data source file. Does anyone know how to do that? I can't believe something so simple is this hard. -- Sandy Select a label, the first one will do, 2.625 X 1 inch, 30 per page. Insert your fields. In step 3 Merge to a new publication. In print setup select *Multiple pages per sheet.* Or simply merge to a plain letter stock sheet using the aforementioned label. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sandy" <Sandy@discu...

Copying from Publisher 2000 to Word 2000
I just finished a test document in Publisher 2000. I'm very pleased with end results. I have text and graphics with captions. It's really great! But I don't have Publisher at the office so will be taking the documents in to work in Word format. But just now when I tested the cutting and pasting, this time had troubles in pasting _all_ the text I added. All the columns paste as blank space. The graphics and titles I've overwritten in the template come out fine but not all the new text. I used the Autflow function, which finally figured out, but that's the only differ...

All pages of Publisher web site display in Unicode as default.
My web site in Publisher consists of a 4 page newsletter. The problem is that all pages display in the Unicode encoding format in IE, even though the default encoding is set to Western European in Publisher. Bullets display as question marks. So do spaces and apostrophes. HELP! This is caused by using an unsupported character or formatting. In Publisher under Tools > Options > Web, change encoding to Unicode UTF8. Alternatively you just remove the formatting or character, and keep the default encoding. DavidF "Terraformer" <Terraformer@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How do you open a Word document in Publisher 2003?
I am trying to import a Word document into Publisher 2003 and everytime I do so, the publication shows a blank page. Any ideas? Do a copy/paste special. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "skeet" <skeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA26E2D-BB59-4117-B8E0-C41127CD0B38@microsoft.com... >I am trying to import a Word document into Publisher 2003 and everytime I do > so, the publication shows a blank page. Any ideas? ...

How do I decrease the file load time in Publisher 2002?
Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an integrated video card. NexusITG <NexusITG@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Need to "speed up" the file load times for Publisher documents on a > 100 Mbps network and a P4 2.2 GHz client running Windows XP with an > integrated video card. a) Create smaller files b) Copy the files to your local disk and edit them there. Opening Publisher files across a LAN connection is a recipe for disaster....

ms publisher 1
I've recently upgraded to Windows 2000 pro with office 2000. I get a message each time I try to open my publisher files "ms publisher can not open this file". The files originally where from an old ms publisher. Is there any way to convert or view these files. Any advice would be greatful. Rem Rem wrote: > I've recently upgraded to Windows 2000 pro with office > 2000. I get a message each time I try to open my > publisher files "ms publisher can not open this file". > The files originally where from an old ms publisher. Is > there any way t...

17 Hours for a 500 record Mail Merge
I am trying to publish a PS file out of Publisher 2003 beta that gets its info from a table in Access. The file is a simple Legal size document with a front and back for each record. 95% of the text is static and the doc has 4 dynamic images per page. AT the current rate of output, this will take 17 hours to go through all 5000 records. I have downsampling turned off for the images as they are small file sizes. Running WinXP on a 1.8 GHz box with 512meg of ram. Does this sound right? Thanks, Jay After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jay <jtoharejr@NO...

Creating a DVD cover/slick for a DVD case in publisher?
How do I create a DVD cover/slick for a DVD case in publisher? The templates all for CD case size. Kiely wrote: > How do I create a DVD cover/slick for a DVD case in publisher? > The templates all for CD case size. try google.com search groups you will find millions of answers to this question about publisher many from the last week on here Many here for Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011387531033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX10...

Excel to Publisher
My document has already been created in Excel. It's about 60 pages in five tabs. Income Statement presented monthly over six years 2005 thru 2010; Balance Sheet same time period; Cash Flow Statement same time period; Construction Schedule, same time period. The Excel docs are nicely formatted as you would see in a financial presentation, but my partner is adamant on having it in presented in Publisher. I have been trying for three days to convert/import/export the Excel sheets into Publisher to no avail. It looses pages, it looses formatting. I have never in my professional li...

Fields in an Excel DB merged to make slides in PowerPoint or Publisher
Please, we use MailMerge to "merge" data from a file into a Word document. Is there a way to merge data in an Excel file to "boxes" in a Power Point or Publisher slide such that 'n' slides are created from 'n' sets of data in an Excel file. Would like to pull images, their address being in an Excel field, along with data about the image. The Excel field could be a pointer to another DB. Am I clear on this? If so, thank you, I look forward to your advice. Kind Regards, Wayne Dengel ...

Printing in Publisher #4
I need to print single addresses on postcards one at a time and I'm having trouble. I finally see how to get the system to print one postcard, but I can't get it to print the address in the right direction and on the card. Do I have to place the postcard in a specific place to print the address? Please help! I have a toll free number if you can call; t is 877-736-7630. Thanks, again. What version Publisher? Are you using mail merge? This article will help if you are using 2003 and below: How to create postcard layouts in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312156/en-us...

Emailing Publisher Newsletter using Excel email addresses?????
We have a 2-pg. Newsletter created in Publisher 2003. We have an Excel document with over 700 of our client's email addresses. We would "somehow" like to send the Newsletter to all of our clients, not as an attachment, but as part of their email message. It was saved as Web Page file type so that the Newsletter would open a new Brower screen in order to view it. We do not want all 700+ email addresses to be shown on the TO portion of the email. We want each email address on our Excel chart to get its own Newsletter. There should be no message in the body of the email, ...

notice->There is a problem with this website's security certificat
I got a new Toshiba which came with Vista and IE7, I have both of the following in my trusted sites yet when I log into my work site (a DOD site) it still says the above notice, when i click on -continue (not recommended)- it goes to the site. When I'm on the site and want to check my email, I click on the email icon and get the same notice-problem with websites security, when I click on continue it just keeps reappearing and does not go to the email, even though I have the email web address in my trusted site. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this. (I get on to bot these si...