Can't print pages in proper order

Hi,
[Publisher 2003]

I created a four-page folded card to print 5.5" wide x 8.5" high on standard
8.5" x 11" paper. I started with a blank Publisher document. There's a photo
and text on the cover and two pages of text inside the folded card.

No matter how I arrange the page order, the "cover page" with the photo
always prints on the wrong half of the sheet of paper, so it is positioned
on the back page of the folded card, rather than the front. That is, it
prints on the left, instead of the right side of the unfolded sheet.

I checked a Publisher template to see if I would have the same page order
problem, but when I moved a page to another position, it printed in the new
position.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Thank you.

Orrie

0
EB3551 (19)

Select booklet in page setup. Publisher will present the pages in the correct
order.
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Orrie" <EB3551@operamail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> [Publisher 2003]
>
> I created a four-page folded card to print 5.5" wide x 8.5" high on standard
> 8.5" x 11" paper. I started with a blank Publisher document. There's a photo
> and text on the cover and two pages of text inside the folded card.
>
> No matter how I arrange the page order, the "cover page" with the photo always
> prints on the wrong half of the sheet of paper, so it is positioned on the
> back page of the folded card, rather than the front. That is, it prints on the
> left, instead of the right side of the unfolded sheet.
>
> I checked a Publisher template to see if I would have the same page order
> problem, but when I moved a page to another position, it printed in the new
> position.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Orrie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/17/2006 9:15:02 PM
Thank you, Mary.
I didn't realize that just setting up a booklet sequence didn't make it
print as a booklet.

Orrie

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Select booklet in page setup. Publisher will present the pages in the
> correct order.
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx
>
> "Orrie" <EB3551@operamail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> [Publisher 2003]
>>
>> I created a four-page folded card to print 5.5" wide x 8.5" high on
>> standard 8.5" x 11" paper. I started with a blank Publisher document.
>> There's a photo and text on the cover and two pages of text inside the
>> folded card.
>>
>> No matter how I arrange the page order, the "cover page" with the photo
>> always prints on the wrong half of the sheet of paper, so it is
>> positioned on the back page of the folded card, rather than the front.
>> That is, it prints on the left, instead of the right side of the unfolded
>> sheet.
>>
>> I checked a Publisher template to see if I would have the same page order
>> problem, but when I moved a page to another position, it printed in the
>> new position.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what's going on?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Orrie

0
EB3551 (19)

Problem with empty page
hi asp.net 3.5 I have a webpage which if it has a querystring attached it'll display some usefull information. But if no querystring is attached it displays this content: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> I've tryed to put some logic into the page so when no querystring is used it should give some values to a Literal control on the page. That code executes ...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

How do I print a list of my E-mail folders?
I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. "AHD23" <AHD23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BFD12CA-5D55-4376-AF9C-58703042577D@microsoft.com... >I need to print a list of my e-mail folders. I don't believe there's a way to do that, except as a screen shot. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] This might be a workaround for you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?mnu=2&smp=12&cmd=showitem&lang=en In example #1, replace the line LoopItems Folder.Items by Debug.Print Folder.Name After running the code,...

I have over 100 excel sheets i need put in alphabetic order,how?
Background: I have an index page with hyperlinks to each sheet, each sheet has a COUNT function to add the entries and a SUM function on the index page which adds the result of each COUNT function, to do that I used "SUM(Birmingham:Worcester'!B2)" as each sheet has a geographical name a newly added sheet may not fall within the specified range and therefore may not be added. Is there a way to alphabetise these sheets? Rob, have a look here, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to t...

need to allow negative quantitys on purchase orders
because our vendors list returns and exchanges on invoice i need the abillity to enter negative quantitys when recieving manually. any ideas? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

How do you print the last page of an 8 page banner in Publisher?
When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to print. The print preview option allows selection of pages 1,2, etc but does not allow for example only the last page. Print to a PDF... http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "FredSC" <FredSC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78386D22-8473-4EC8-A032-82F802A26C59@microsoft.com... > When I make a large banner, I would like to select a particular page to > print. The print preview option allow...

Purchase Order Failure
We have been successfully using GP9 and the Business Portal for over a year now. I have been able to resolve many issues with the knowledgebase and this forum...now I have one that I cannot find an entry about: Purchase Order Failure: The Purchasing Purchase option for <item> does not exist. There is a string of these entries, one for every item on this requisition. I've gone behind the scenes, but I don't see anything wrong...I've looked at the line items in ReqMgmtLines and they look just like other successful ereqs we have out there. My GP users tell me that both the items...

changing sort order
I have followed the TK "How to BCP Data Out and Back into a New Database (875179)" a few times and it seems to work great. However, when bcp'ng the data back in, I do notice some errors as it flashes by in the dos screen, however, NONE of the .err files show any size other than 0k. After logging into Great Plains, I do notice that some information is completely missing. I check the tables and they are empty. I checked the in and out bat files and those tables are exported, then imported, the table is empty and its .err file is also blank. If the .err files do not show...

Spacing between paragraphs at bottom of page
I consider myself an advanced user with Word, but this annoyance has fooled me. How do I stop the additional spacing between paragraphs at the end of pages? This happens when I have a longer paragraph, and the document decides to keep the text altogether rather than on two separate pages. Any idea on how this can be fixed? Thanks! It's not clear to me what you're describing, but perhaps there is something in http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm that will apply to your problem. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, A...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

is there any way to STACK the page tabs?
I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of which naturally has its own tab. Is there any way these tabs can be "Stacked" so to be all visible at the bottom of the page, rather than have to scroll sideways in order to see the tabs? TIA Excel 2002 This is not possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:LAPVb.2214$vo1.1147@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net... > I have a worksheet with lots of sheets (pages?) each one of whic...

How do I print labels after I have mailmerge on excel
?I saved my addresses in Excel. I want to print them on labels How do I do that? Also how can I get a picture on the labels? Bika, do a mail merge with word. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Ex...

Service Pack installtion order?
I'm going to be installing Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 (on the same server) Which one should I install first? Also if Windows 2003 SP1 was installed after Exchange 2003 SP1 should the Exchange SP be reinstalled? (Just curious, haven't done it yet)? I don't think it makes much difference. Windows 2000 and 2003 were designed to handle dll conflicts ect that Windows Nt was not very good at. "Todd" <todd@nospamit.net> wrote in message news:OlvVM3gQFHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm going to be installing Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2...

Print multiple copies per sheet
I have a pubisher file that is a card with a size of 5 x 6 and is 2 pages. Is it possible to print 2 copies of this file on a letter size page so that there will be 2 double sided copies on the letter size page. I need to laminate these cards so if I could get 2 per page I would just need to cut the page in half. I am using Publisher 2003. Thanks in advance for any help. Best regards, Dee Page setup, Business card, change copies per sheet, Side margin 1.25, top margin ..5, zero gaps, okay out, in the next screen change the measurements to width 6" height 5". The above will...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

Dbl sided printing problem
I am making a "Program" for a Barbershop Chorus concert using MS Publisher in the "Catalog" mode (which prints both sides of course.) I cannot seem to find out what kind of paper I can get (short of photo imaging paper) that is opaque enuff to prevent the backside of a page from showing through the "white areas" of the front side. It's not a bleed-through, it's just that the paper is to darn translucent. I am using 24 lb inkjet paper with an inkjet printer. I am sure this is anything but a new problem, but I have not found anything in the Goog...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

re-print an RTV packing slip
There should be a way to re-print an RTV packing slip after the RTV shipping has been processed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f250615-702c-4e00-8f24-f90...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Page Break & Upper Lower
How do you add a page break in a report? I also need to change a name from all upper to Upper and lower....is this possible? There's a Page Break control in the tool box. It's the icon that looks like two pages of text, one over the other, with a small right-pointing triangle between the pages. Drag it onto your report like you would any other control. For your Name, assuming the control source for your text box is currently something like PersonName, change it to =StrConv([PersonName], 3) Make sure you include the equal sign. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am...