Can't insert pictures - used to be able to - Publisher 2000

Had to reload XP and then reload Office 2000 Pub 2000.
Since reload can't insert pictures into Publisher.  Get
error "Publisher cannot convert this picture....."  Have
tried all kinds of formats - jpg, tif, gif, pcx, even
bmp.  None will load.  I've reloaded Publisher and made
sure that all graphics converts are loaded. Anyone have
any ideas?  It used to work just fine.
0
anonymous (74722)

How large is this picture?

"djg in Ohio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had to reload XP and then reload Office 2000 Pub 2000.
> Since reload can't insert pictures into Publisher.  Get
> error "Publisher cannot convert this picture....."  Have
> tried all kinds of formats - jpg, tif, gif, pcx, even
> bmp.  None will load.  I've reloaded Publisher and made
> sure that all graphics converts are loaded. Anyone have
> any ideas?  It used to work just fine.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/3/2004 5:13:19 PM
It doesn't seem to matter how large or small.  I've tried
all sizes.

wrote in message
>> Had to reload XP and then reload Office 2000 Pub 2000.
>> Since reload can't insert pictures into Publisher.  Get
>> error "Publisher cannot convert this picture....."
Have
>> tried all kinds of formats - jpg, tif, gif, pcx, even
>> bmp.  None will load.  I've reloaded Publisher and made
>> sure that all graphics converts are loaded. Anyone have
>> any ideas?  It used to work just fine.
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/3/2004 5:24:21 PM
There is a 16MB limit in Pub 2000. Can you insert any pictures in Word, for
example? Maybe your graphics converter is "crumpled"?

> It doesn't seem to matter how large or small.  I've tried
> all sizes.

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/3/2004 5:42:42 PM
Pictures as small as 47k won't load.  Yes, I can load
them into Word.  What do you mean by a graphics converter
being "crumpled"

wrote in message
>> It doesn't seem to matter how large or small.  I've
tried
>> all sizes.

0
anonymous (74722)
4/3/2004 7:49:52 PM
After the error message says "Publisher cannot convert this picture" what
else does it say?

(Files sometimes get corrupt. I personally don't know how or why, they just
do.)

> Pictures as small as 47k won't load.  Yes, I can load
> them into Word.  What do you mean by a graphics converter
> being "crumpled"

0
jl_amerson (3088)
4/3/2004 8:53:11 PM
This usually only happens with Photoshop .tiff files

Your filters may not have been overwritten or they maybe corrupt. Relocate the filter
folder (it could be okay, so don't delete it, just put it somewhere else
temporarily), drag the filter folder over from the CD. The filters are in a folder
similar to this:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"djg in Ohio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Had to reload XP and then reload Office 2000 Pub 2000.
> Since reload can't insert pictures into Publisher.  Get
> error "Publisher cannot convert this picture....."  Have
> tried all kinds of formats - jpg, tif, gif, pcx, even
> bmp.  None will load.  I've reloaded Publisher and made
> sure that all graphics converts are loaded. Anyone have
> any ideas?  It used to work just fine.

0
laserdog (1122)
4/3/2004 8:55:19 PM
Have you tried to "Repair" Publisher?
Help|Detect and Repair

> Pictures as small as 47k won't load.  Yes, I can load
> them into Word.  What do you mean by a graphics converter
> being "crumpled"

0
jl_amerson (3088)

can you slash through a number in publisher
I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can be slashed through? You can manually draw a slash with the line tool or the line autoshape tool, bring to the front. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Char" <Char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08CE8032-FFC3-4A04-B101-43377ECA9069@microsoft.com... >I want to show a price reduction on a flyer and wondered if a number/word can > be slashed through? ...

count cells using multiple criteria
Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more criteria? For example, if one column has the text "DO" and another column has the text "RD11" how do I count only those rows that contain both DO and RD11? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000="DD"),--(B1:B1000="RD11")) In article <0F41177E-45A0-4B0B-AE33-6BCCF2F3B8D1@microsoft.com>, Alex68 <Alex68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone show me how to count the number of rows containing two or more > criteria? For example, if one column has the te...

Edit Header/Footer in Publishing Layout

Using pivot table without summing, etc. #3
Of course! I don't know how that slipped me by. Thank you. -Pete -- Peter Bernadyn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26649 ...

Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003
I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and need some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south thats why I am ...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Set Outlook 2000 up for Hotmail Account
i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for Outlook 2002 or 2003. Help. Um, that is because Hotmail is not supported in Outlook 2000? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, sarah asked: | i am running Outlook 2000 and amd trying to set it up to | work with hotmail. The only help that i can find is for | Outlook 2...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Terminating Application using ShellExecute return value
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I have a Main application that runs Child application using ShellExecute. When the Main application terminated, the Child application will also be terminated. I have tried to use the TerminateProcess but I think that's rather rough so I thought of if I can use the ShellExecute return value to terminate the process it ran. Is this possible? If it is not, what application terminate method that is safe? Thank you very much. On Dec 22, 12:08=A0pm, Landon <Lan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. > > I have a Main a...

Using mathmatical functions on ranges that have #NA
I need to take the median of a column of data, but some of the cells in my intended range have the #NA or #Value error. When you try to use the functions with data cells that have error values, the result is an error value. I can't filter the rows of data because I need to have visibility to the information in other columns. median(a1:a5) = #NA A1 5 A2 6 A3 7 A4 8 A5 #NA Thanks I Mike, =Median(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A5)=TRUE,A1:A5)) array entered (ctrl+shift+enter) Formula will appear in "{ }" HTH PC "mike" <mar@kurtasalmon.com> wrote in message news:008...

Unable to open html attachment in outlook 2000 (Please help)
Currently using outlook 2000. Got an attachment html link. Click open, a new windows --> system32 opened. Click onto the attachment again, Click save as, into my computer, double click the link, then it able to open in IE. Q: Why can't I open it directly, instead I have to save the attachment before open the html file. Please help. Thanks & Regards James something is messed up if it's opening a windows explorer window. I think you'll need to reregister IE. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for ...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

cannot send e-mails using windows mail
I cannot send e-mails using my Windows e-mail. I think I have probably set it up incorrectly. How can I reset it so that I can use it? Thanks Glenn What happens when you try? Any error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "glenn" <glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0CE029-59E6-48E0-AF1F-6847C8D8B83A@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e-mai...

using a picture as a stacked bar in chart
I am wondering how to use a picture (a barrel or a glass) instead of the bar in a stacked bar chart. So rather than have a stacked bar with 4 colors I would have a picture of a glass with the 4 colors. Is this possible? and if so how can I do this? I've seen it in other presentations, but I don't know if it used other applications to create. Thanks Hi, You can use a picture as the fill picture. You will need 4 images to get different coloured glasses. Double click a series. On the Pattern Tab click Fill Effects. On the Picture tab use Select Picture. For xl2007 the Picture...

How can you reference a picture from a worksheet cell?
I have an image or picture within a worksheet. I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a validation list a different picture is shown. Is this possible in Microsoft Exec 2000 Maybe you can look at J.E. McGimpsey's page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html He has a neat way of doing things like this. scott56hannah wrote: > > I have an image or picture within a worksheet. > > I want to be able to reference it from a cell so that depending on a > validation list a different picture is shown. > > Is this possible in Microsoft...

Shading text using keyboard shortcuts

Digital photos too large in publisher document.
I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new members joining our church in 2008. I desire to have one picture per slide. The size of the photo is too large and it locks up my computer to the point that I cannot prepare this presentation. Approximately 60 photos. I need to know how to reduce the size of these photos in a publisher document, if possible. Thank you "ChurchSecretary" <ChurchSecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6990EE78-EB67-495A-BD09-E40EC9121124@microsoft.com... > I am trying to make a powerpoint presentation of new member...

List of where queries are used?
I have an access database which has many queries which are leftover from various tests and temporary data extract needs. Is there a tool which can tell me which queries are used in all reports, queries, macros, or modules in the database? Hi Joseph, You might want to take a look at the Total Access Analyzer (< http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/BestPractices.html>). Or you can use Access's own Documenter. Run it on all the objects in Access with maximum reporting settings, and then export/save it to a file of some sort that can be searched (text, PDF, Wo...

copy and use vba code
Hi, I am relatively new to using vba. I have successfully recorded and used macros, and also have created simple procedures in vba to use as a macro. What I am trying to do now is copy and use vba code in excel and am having trouble. The situation is this: I found vba code in these forums that I would like to use. What I did was copy the code into a module in the VBAProject (Personal.XLS), where all my aforementioned macros are located. However, when I attempt to find the macro via the Tools>Macro>Macros menu item, it is not listed (all the other macros are). I then tried a new ...

Publishing Problems
When i try publishing form changes, it's now giving an error the server has never spit out before: Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details. xxxxx: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server ----------- The Event Log said the following: ----------- Web Excpetion status = ProtocolError HttpGet Error Unauthorized : The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. , StackTrace : at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest....

Do you use design patterns?
Just wanted to see how many people know the patterns in this book(http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Design-Patterns/Erich-Gamma/e/9780201633610/?itm=2) by heart, and how many have actually used a known pattern more than once? AliR. AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > Just wanted to see how many people know the patterns in this > book(http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Design-Patterns/Erich-Gamma/e/9780201633610/?itm=2) > by heart, and how many have actually used a known pattern more than once? > > AliR. This dust-collector has been sitting on my shelf for years. :) I believe many o...

using a popup to make percenatges on selected cells
Hi I'm hoping someone can help with some code. I'm selecting a group of cells containing numbers. I want via a popup to change the selected numbers to the percentage entered in the popup. For example - I select my cells and run the macro. The popup asks for a number and I enter '50'. All the selected numbers then change to 50 percent of their previous value. It would apply equally to a selected whole column of numbers. Grateful for any help. Best Wishes hi Sub changenumber() Dim n As Double n = InputBox("enter a number") n = n / 100 ...

Using Appointment updating in CRM does not show up in Outlook
We have an appointment that was scheduled through c360's Group Calendar. Original time was 11am, but there was a change and the owner changed it to 10am. All of the attendies outlook calendars still show the 11am time. Is there someway to update this appoint in Outlook without having to delete and resend the appt email? I think this is a process issue (need to change the way we do things) but I don't know what needs to change. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ken ...

how can i use the same account with the same personal folders in two computers #3
please help in my company we have to use one account in two machines and we want every one in two machines to be aware of what the other do and what mails he send and recive, please note that dont use microsoft exchange as a mail server thanks in advance Only one outlook can access a pst at a time - you can use a batch file to make a copy for the second computer to use, but it won't be updated in real time. If you are only sharing mail, a local imap server might work better. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 ...