Can't edit story in Word (Pub 2000)

I have Office 2000 SB Edition, running on Windows 98 SE.

When I am using Publisher 2000, and want to "Edit Story in Word" I get
an error message. It says it can't connect with Word, and to "close
other applications or free up memory", or to "reinstall the OLE
server".

I don't have any other applications running, and I have lots of free
memory. I don't know what the OLE server is, or how to reinstall it.
Can anyone help please?

I have Office 2000 SB Edition running on Windows XP on another
machine, and I do not get this problem  there, just on the Windows 98
machine.

Thanks, Jeremy

0
jeremyb (9)

Thanks to an earlier post from Ed Bennett, I have found the solution
to my problem. I turned off script blocking in Norton AntiVirus, and
now Publisher and Word work together nicely.

Thanks Ed!

0
jeremyb (9)

student and teacher edition
I'm a grad student considering buying OFFICE 2004 student and teacher edition. is there any big reason why i shouldn;t do this i.e. things i will miss out on? also, is there a big difference between the mac office and pf office. for example, equations editor in word wasn't on my last version of word for a mac. or some tools in excel weren't there either. thanks! On 4-Feb-2005, "Jonas Parker" <jonas_parker@yahoo.com> wrote: > also, is there a big difference between the mac office and > pf office. for example, equations editor in word wasn't on > my...

how to stop mail merge from always opening when I open a Word doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I would be grateful if you could tell me how to stop the mail merge manager always opening when I open any word document. in addition, sometimes documents that are not mail merge documents will not open until I locate the source of the mail merge or remove the source. Very frustrating. <br><br>amclean This indicates that you have saved a Mail Merge Main Document as your Normal template. Unless you have valuable data in the Normal template (do you? You need to be sure...) the easiest way to ...

Atomatic file name in excell 2002 from cel A1 (like in word 2002)
In word 2002 the first line you type, when you go to save becomes the sugested file name. Can this be done in excel? Instead of the book1, book2, etc.. With this question can the refrance cell for the file name have lookups involved? My wife & I made a spreadsheet for our buisness and save from the master to a specific job numbr and property adress. If it can be lookuped in the cell this would save alot of time. Thanks for all the help to come! Hi, Steve. Since you said "my wife", I assume you're Steve. Hee hee... Try this! http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.ph...

Word commands
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'm new to Mac but used to Word on pc. Can anyone tell me how to insert a non-splitting space such as can be done on pc? (For example between "Mr" and "Smith" such that the two words don't separate at the end of a line.) Thanks! Welcome to the Mac! Non-breaking space is most commonly used. Insert | Symbol | Special Characters will let you insert one, show you the shortkey, and let you set a different shortkey if you prefer. Fox1@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10...

Opening a Word document in Outlook 2003
Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? Hello Anthony, A> Everytime I open a Word document in Outlook 2003, the word document A> opens up in a split pane and I have to click View - Normal to view A> the document the way I like. Is there a way to retain that setting A> so I don't have to click View - Normal each time? A> Open Word 2003. Click Tools / Opt...

Auditing Emails on Exchange 2000
We are looking for a way to keep a record of all emails sent and received by selected users on Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do this within Exchange or would it be necessary to purchase a third party tool? If the latter, can anyone recommend a suitable tool? you can use Journaling for this...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 "Neil Penn" <neil.penn@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eqsLwc2wEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are looking for a way to keep a record of all emails sent and received by > selected users on Ex...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

OL 2000 stops w/no apparent reason.
That is "Sorry for the inconvience? Do you wish to send a message to Microsoft?" We have no idea what is triggering this shut down. OL 2000 and we are networked and using net folders to run the calendar over 4 computers. Any suggestions as to how to isolate what might be causing this problem? It happens only to the computer whose calendar is the shared calendar. Thanks. Scott in Austin MN ...

Exchange 2000 OWA Upgrade
We have an existing Exchange 5.5 OWA server running on Windows 2000 SP4. We are planning an upgrade to Exchange 2000, is there an upgrade path for OWA or do we uninstall the existing installation of OWA and install the new Exchange 2000 OWA? TIA You can simply upgrade that Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000. Owa is not an optional component in Exchange 2000 and installs only when you install the core Exchange 2000 components. Once you've upgraded the server, make it a front-end server (if it IS NOT going to host mailboxes) so that it will serve up the mailboxes rather than redire...

Improving legibility of word 2007 ribbon
My eyesight is somewhat poor. The font on the 07 ribbon is small and appears not to be a true black. Is there a way (besides changing the screen resolution on my monitor) to improve any of this? I've tried the different color schemes but they don't help. A bright white background and a jet black font would be ideal. Larger Icons would help also. Thanks, Jim B. Have you tried enabling Accessibility Options in Windows Control Panel? There are High Contrast settings that might do what you require. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope...

How Do I get Header Footer Toolbar in Word for Mac 2008
I cannot find the toolbar. I want to format the footer, make it so it is not "same as previous" etc. How do I do this? Word 2008 doesn't have the Header/Footer toolbar used in prior versions. Instead, use the Formatting Palette in the Toolbox. When you're active in a Header or Footer there will be a group of features available there. The features you're looking for are there. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 7/24/08 7:06 PM, in article B0C4E8DA-D4CA-4996-9CA8-27BDCD3133DC@microsoft.com, "Adam G" <Adam G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Microsoft Excel 2000 Software.
I need to know the steps to take to look at the driving game Easter egg in the Microsoft Excel 2000 Software. ...

edit footnote or endnote separator in word 2007
I've been using footnotes in Word 2007 on the document i've been writing. Suddenly noticed that under the footnote separator line- three empty line were added that I can't get rid of. Double clicking on them does not help as I they do not respond. i'm guessing the computer is associating them with the separator line so if anyone knows how to edit it in word 2007- please let me know. Thanks for the help, Yoash. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://...

Outlook 2000 (CW) Duplicate Messages in Inbox
We have a recurring problem with a specific user where she has some duplicate (and triplicate) messages in her Inbox. We CANNOT see them on the Exchange 5.5 side. Not all messages are duplicated. New profile works for a little while. Delivery point is NOT a Personal Folder. Possible PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair). If she were selecting several files using the CTRL key to select items (picking and choosing) I've seen it duplicate these messages in some instances. Is this the answer? Or are there other possibilities? Her mailbox on the Exchange server has not been...

Outlook 2000 printouts not obeying margins, letters cut off on left
Hello, I'm having a problem printing certain messages in Outlook 2000. I can't pinpoint the condition for the problem occuring, but it does seem to occur most often on fowarded messages to me. If I do a print preview on the message, it looks just fine -- with .5 inch margins on all sides. But if I print the message, it comes out with (what looks to be) less than 1/4 inch margins that cut off part of the leftmost characters. This happens on multiple printers, and only in this application. I have tried to reinstall the printer/print drivers. - Jared ...

Remove Outlook 2000
How do I completely remove Outlook 2000 which has been installed on Windows XP? I didn't find the answer on Google or in the MS KB. In XP Control Panel | Add/Remove programs is appears to be impossible to remove just Outlook--only the complete Office Suite. Is that the only way? Then a custom install? TIA. -- -Doug Use that option and just uncheck Outlook - it will be removed. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without...

outlook 2000 on winXp SP2
hello, has anyone had problems with running outlook 2000 (all patches) on winXP SP2? I have one workstation (new) that gets stuck whenever you click on send/receive. I've moved the user to thunderbird for now (imported all emails/accounts/contacts) but user wants to use outlook because that's what they feel comfortable working with. So, I tried uninstalling/rebooting and reinstalling again but it still gets stuck. Nothing shows up on the event viewer logs - only that outlook timed out and crashed. (times out after a long time). I'm just wondering if microsoft is starting to ...

MS SPLA Dynamics CRM Service Provider Edition 4.0 (QHH-00002)
OK, The Microsoft site indicates there are only three editions for CRM 4.0 with 90-day trial keys; however, our SPLA software provider has the media for the edition mentioned in the subject line. We've been told that the SPLA VLK edition of CRM 4.0 wouldn't ship till Feb. 1. We've also been told that the VLK is built into these particular binaries. Can someone clarify which edition a Service Provider needs to run in order to host CRM as a MS partner? I'm assuming this is the correct edition, however my only concern are the license keys. Thanks. -matt On Jan 23, 8:28 am,...

Small Business Edition and SQL
Can we use a separate SQL Server with the Small Business Edition to bypass the SQL database limitation? Unfortunately, the SBS of CRM only works when installed on SBS Premium and uses the SQL instance on the primary server. I think a lot of us would prefer that we could install it using a separate server with SQL on it instead... "Cindy Mikeworth" wrote: > Can we use a separate SQL Server with the Small Business Edition to bypass > the SQL database limitation? > > > We are installed on the SBS server, using seperate SQL (2000) server. No problems. &q...

my picture attachments are opening in word and I can't view them
I can't open attachments because outlook is opening them in word Outlook just obeys the settings Windows uses. If you save the attachment to your hard drive then double-click on it, what happens? "md1914" <md1914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61AF0911-41EE-4C18-A808-A0235A3E249D@microsoft.com... >I can't open attachments because outlook is opening them in word ...

Editing a field
When entering data for a "Contact" and typing the Full name, the field "File as:" defaults to a sort presentation of: first name, last name. . . I would like the field "File as;" to present Last Name, First name. How do I make this change? You did not indicate your version of Outlook. In my version, 2002, it's Tools---Options---Contact Options The current setting you described is not an option, but the one you want is. Ray at work "WDS" <aerozona1@cox.net> wrote in message news:02a101c36c15$10e2fc10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When e...

How to Copy Outlook messages into Word?
I have been asked to supply the contents of an Inbox in some sort of document form. In other words, they want multiple messages as they appear in the reading pane, in a document. I am wondering if the messages in our Outlook 2003 clients can be 'copied' into Word 2003, but not as links, but the full e-mail text. If this is possible in notepad or wordpad, that will work as well. Hope this makes sense, and much appreciation in advance. Aloha Jim, Approx how many messages are we talking about? If it's just a handful you could copy/paste or just do screen grabs of the m...

Outlook 2000 #5
My O/S is XP Home. In my calendar header in Outlook 2000, I only get the date - e.g. July 14, no day. I tried adjusting regional settings for system date, but no luck. Any suggestions? ...

How Do I Add A Font File To Excel 2000?
I have a True Type file of Hazard Safety symbols (wingdings) that I would like to use on an Excel 2000 spreadsheet but I cannot figure out how to import the .TTF file to my Excel program. There SHOULD be a way to add new fonts to Excel, so can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it. Sincerely, Boyce Kline Boyce, You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. The font must exist on all computers on which the workbook will be opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Boyce Kline&quo...

Editing external data via ODBC
Hi, I'm in the process of transitioning an excel/access (2003) based solution to a web-based one. Right now, we have a dozen or so separate spreadsheets and a couple of access databases that get updated several times a day. I've managed to import most of the data into a mysql db which I've tried to normalize as much as possible. This will be the backend db for the webapp. I've set up an ODBC connection from excel to the db and it works like a charm; a few query tweaks and I can reproduce the data from all the separate spreadsheets. But now, how about going the other way? ...