Can't edit publisher_address_list after appending records with Acc

With Office 2000 if I create a publisher_address_list and then use Access to
append records to it, I cannot use the Edit publisher_address_list feature in
Publisher to edit  or add records.  Is there a setting I need to change?
2
MOhio (3)

Query records with single Dates Automatically
I am trying to figure out how to restrict a query to only pull records with ONE date. I work for a church, and every Monday, we run several reports on visitors. We send letters to first-time visitors only. In our database, each visit is listed. How can I setup a query to only pull records with one date entered, and specify that the date must equal the previous Sunday? I have figured out how to pull records from the previous Sunday, Date()-7. This pulls all records dated in the last week. Our records are ONLY dated on Sunday, regardless which day they are entered. But this query pulls al...

how do I delete or merge duplicate records automatically?
After importing 2000+ records into my CRM 4.0 database, I need to remove the duplicates. I created a Duplicate Detection Job and then was able to view all of the duplicates, however I would like to be able to make all of the records inactive automatically without having to go through all the pages of duplicates. Do I have to do this manually or can I not choose to run a mass delete or merge job? I read this can be done with a workflow but after looking at workflows I can't see any obvious way of how to configure it? Thanks in advance for any replies! ...

Access 2007 Records not showing up.
I'm working in Access 2007 and I have a couple of qs: 1. I have a swithcboard with links to 2 forms. I have added an entry to one of the forms and saved it. When I exit the database and re-enter it, the record doesn't show up. Meanwhile, if I turn the navigation bar back on, the entry is visible in both the table and form views. What is going on here and how do I make the record show up when you enter the form from the switchboard? 2. In another database, I want to be able to enter multiple entries for the same person using different IDs (these IDs aren't autonumbers)...

Recording a merger where new shares are issued?
I was holding 185 shares of TCPL. TCPL merged with NOVA. After the merger I was awarded 37 new shares of NOVA (based on a 1 for 5 consolidation). I continued to hold the 185 shares of TCPL but, after the merger unit value of each share was, of course, lower. The company issued a statement deeming the "Adjusted Cost Base"' of the newly issued NOVA shares @27.85 each. How should I represent this transaction in Money 2006? In microsoft.public.money, 911DAVE wrote: >I was holding 185 shares of TCPL. TCPL merged with NOVA. After the >merger I was ...

Unable to edit user settings
We have reinstalled CRM on a new server, using the existing database and AD settings. On the new server, we are unable to edit user settings. I'm using the administrator account (the one used to install) and when I go to Settings-> Business Unit Settings -> Users, then click on a user to modify settings, I get an error: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. This did not happen on the old server and i can not seem to find a solution. The corresponding event viewer message is equally vague: MSCRM Application Error Report --------...

CListCtrl
I have set LVS_EDITLABELS in my CListCtrl object. The control is multicolumn. Result is that I can to edit only items in first column. On items in other columns I can not set focus by mouse click, When I click on some item in non-first column and I click again to edit it, edit box appears always in first column. What other properties is need to set on CListCtrl to edit items in every columns ? Thanks ! Peter >I have set LVS_EDITLABELS in my CListCtrl object. >The control is multicolumn. >Result is that I can to edit only items in first column. Peter, This is normal, the control o...

outgoinng message sent to "A" record of target domain
I have turn on smtp logging on exchange and found that some messages were delivered to "A" record of target domain. Are there any problem on AD to make the MX records lookup fail ? Thanks RFC 2821 and the "implicit MX" rule: Can you really get mail without an MX record? http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/rfc-2821-and-implicit-mx-rule-can-you.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <ray.klfung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169450752.256606.495...

Access '03 dulicate records in query
I'm developing a select query from the results of three other queries and receiving duplicate information. I have a primary key set up and in the three original queries it is functioning and I do not receive duplicates, but the "master" query is generating more information than the single queries contain. I'm NOT at all good with Access, so please help! This is making me crazy! Using the SELECT DISTINCT option will eliminate any duplicates from the result set of the final query. You can amend it in SQL view or you can select 'Yes' as the query's 'U...

Allowed to view and edit all customers
When I unselect the check box for Allowed to view and edit customers under cashier security, the cashier seems to still be able to edit or delete the customer at will. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Change the security status of the screen by using the left tab on screen near the F7 key. Then secure the customer screen by clicking F7 then press ctrl S together and select the options you want to block for security reasons. For example, I have two people only that can delete an account for everyone else that option is not available the button is grey. You can customize every tab th...

place in the document last edited
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open a document: How can I jump to the place in the document I edited before I closed it the last time. I think there is a shortcut, but I cannot remember. <br> Thanks! <br> Peter IIRC it's Command+Option+Z... If that doesn't work go into the Customize Keyboard dialog & check for the keyboard shortcut assigned to the GoBack command. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <pvk@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59bb8a21.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0... >...

how to overcome excel file limitaions (65,000) records only?
when download large data to an excel file, it can accomodate only (65,000) records only, so how i can change this limitaions to have more entriy? I'm afraid that you can't - at least not without using VB to split the file across multiple worksheets. I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way Excel is designed. Have you thought of using Access instead of Excel? There's no such limitation there. Alan P. "touresaa" <touresaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EE7381C-667A-462F-A562-7D214A26BC61@microsoft.com... > wh...

Edit box
Hello NG, I'm amazed, I do a lot with VB and sometimes use Excel but I can't figure how to create a simple 'edit box' or 'text box' that modifies the content of a cell. When using the 'Form' toolbox, the spinner works but the 'Edit box' is disabled. Thanks for your ideas. Carl Carl, As I understand it, those controls that are disabled are not intended as worksheet controls, but are for dialog sheets. There is a textbox on the Drawing toolbar that could be used, or you could use the textbox on the ActiveX Control toolbar. -- HTH Bob Phillip...

Email DLookup to show all records
I have composed an email which is generated from a command button. I have used DLookup to create the subject using Job Reference and title from a query. What I now need to do is to list all applicants that the query throws up within the email. I have used the DLookup function which only shows the first Applicant Name, however for the example I have used there are 3 applicants. Any suggestions on how I can do this? Here's the details of the vba behind the button, if further details are needed to be able to help please let me know DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, "", "",...

retaining previous field in next record
I am creating a data entry form to process competition entries. One of the fields has a Combo Box (Row source type: table) for the store where the entry form was lodged. As these entries are processed in batches, I would like the previous entry in the combo box to be retained so the operator doesnt have to drop-down and select from one of 143 store codes for every entry form. I hope I have explained myself. Thanks in advance Use the AfterUpdate event of the combo to set its Default Value. Details in: http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0012.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pe...

need help: click button to reload record set
Suppose you have a form that is generated from the following query: select * from foo where bar = True (bar of course being a boolean attribute of table foo) now suppose that you have a button whose action is to modify the active record of the form event onClick( ) Me.bar = false end how do you force the form to re-execute the query (i.e. reload, but with the record that just had its "bar" attribute changed to false so it should be excluded from the record set)? --b Add a requery statement after record is modified: event onClick( ) Me.bar = false Requery end HTH...

MS Money 2005 Delux Edition
I recently purchased Money 2005 Delux, I have been using Money 2000 Standard addition. When I loaded 2005 it attempted to convert my backup files but then gave me a message that the file was password protected, or the disk was write protected neither of which are so. How do I get Money 2005 to recognize and convert my previous versions files?? Open up the sample file. Then allow Money to download the most up to date update (a dialog box should be displayed). When it is all installed, then try to open you 2000 file again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org ...

Form not displaying records
Hi. I have a form that is opening blank in form view. All my objects are on the form in design view. I have checked the Allow Additions property which is Yes and checked the recordset is updateable, which it is. I can see the record when I change to Datasheet view. Can anyone advise how I get my form to display properly? It seems quite a simple task but I just cant figure it out!! Cheers, Steve. I knew it was a simple problem!!! I had the Visible property for the Detail section set to No. D'oh!! I have answered my own question, thanks me :) "FBxiii&...

Attn: Allen Browne - Old Question
Allen - I haven't tried doing the response that you gave me regarding the question below. I'm having a major senior moment and can't figure out what the DLookup syntax would be. Any help? BTW the table name is tblContractorProjects... Thanks Jeff ----------------------------------------- Use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the form to perform the validation. Use DLookup() to see if an overlapping entry exists in the table. Assuming contractStartDate and contractEndDate are required fields (so you don't have to handle overlapping dates when one of the fields is b...

How to edit resource number range?
Hi guys, what would be the exact way to change string resources number range? I wanted to relocate 6xxxx numbered resources to 1xxxx range so I hand-edited 'resource.h' file(6xxxx -> 1xxxx). Visual studio resource editor seems that it had accepted those changes, but executable file was using old resource numbers. So I tried to go back to 6xxxx range by restore backed-up 'resource.h'. But now Visual studio is insisting changed range(1xxxx). Messed up.. Thanks Bob If you haven't used the resource organizer, it's available on CodeProject: Resource ID Organiser Add-...

saving history of edit box and dispalying again
hello, I am buliding a dialog based appication in which i pop up another modal dialog.What i want that when user enters value in the dit box of the second dialog,and we click OK then becaus ef UpdateData(TRUE) all the valuse from controls are transferred to the varaibles..Now if we close the dialog and reopen it again i want that the old set values ahould be diaplayed in the respective edit boxes of the dialog,so that user will now what values he had set initially.Can we do this? please tell me how? You'll have to save the values in the parent dialog and each t...

recording portfolio management expenses
using MSM2003 and I am trying to figure out the best way to enter the quarterly fee charged by my financial advisor against my portfolio such that it is accounted for in the YTD ROI. What happems is that they will sell some shares in one of the investment accounts (i.e. mutual funds shares) in the portfolio to cover the cost. thx - dennis In microsoft.public.money, dennis wrote: >using MSM2003 and I am trying to figure out the best way >to enter the quarterly fee charged by my financial advisor >against my portfolio such that it is accounted for in the >YTD ROI. What ha...

form will not save the record
I have a database (Security) with one subform (Visitors). It also has a form (Vehicle Registration) linked to the main Security form. Recently, the linked Vehicle Registration form does not want to save the record. All of the "allows" are set to yes. Data Entry is set to no. I added UCase to several of the fields. What am I missing? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 ...

Office 2004 student & teacher edition problem
Hello, I bought that office version to my sister, and after a month the program is telling her that no longer works, like if was a trial software. I have no clue why says that, she entered the key numbers of the product and all the stuff when installing, so might work. Well, like I can't call to the support phone until tomorrow, and she needs it for her classes, anyone knows why happens that? Thank you very much. <laraleonhart@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1144170799.228502.129140@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, I bought that office version to my sister, and afte...

requery combox after saving a record
This should be easy but I don't know what I am doing wrong: I have a combobox "cboxDate". On click I want it to save the current record, then update the combox's underlying query (so it incorporates any new selections from the "Date" field on the form). The "date" field on the form should then be incorporated into the combox's selections. I can't get this to work - It just keeps the old choices. If I close out of the form then come back in obviously it is updated like it should be. My code for On Click: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord ...

Loop through records, pop up window for data and insert
Hi All! Is it possible to loop through records and pop up a window for additional data, then insert the record? at present I have this: Dim SQLStr As String If MySelected2 <> "" Then SQLStr = "INSERT INTO ATTENDANCE (ATT_HDR_ID,STUDENT_ID,EVENT_ID,LOCATION_ID, EVENT_DAT,COMMENT,PHYSICAL_LIMITS,EVENT_FEE) SELECT " & Forms!ATTENDANCE_HDR. ATT_HDR_ID & " as ATT_HDR_ID, STUDENTS.STUDENT_ID AS STUDENT_ID," & Forms! ATTENDANCE_HDR.EVENT_ID & " as EVENT_ID," & Forms!ATTENDANCE_HDR.LOCATION_ID & " AS LOCATION_ID,'" &am...