Can't change default print resulotion in Publisher 2003

In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the "Printer
Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print resolution.  I
clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print dialog box, but the only
drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is "Default," which doesn't say what
the default is but seems to be set at Super-fine.

How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?

Thank you.

Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
> "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
> resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
> dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
> "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
> at Super-fine.
>
> How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?

The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
of your printer.

The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)
12/28/2005 12:36:29 AM
Thanks for the info about the Resolution setting.

I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a Brother
MFC 3820CN.
Thanks.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
> heard to utter:
> > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
> > "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
> > resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
> > dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
> > "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
> > at Super-fine.
> >
> > How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?
>
> The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
> the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
> of your printer.
>
> The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
> On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
> and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
> Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
> Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

Support
http://global.solutions.brother.com/mfc3820cn_us/en_us/download/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Don Burgess" <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info about the Resolution setting.
>
> I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
> rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a Brother
> MFC 3820CN.
> Thanks.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
>> Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
>> heard to utter:
>> > In Publisher 2003, I tried to change the print quality via the
>> > "Printer Properties" dialog box, but that didn't change the print
>> > resolution.  I clicked "Advanced Print Settings..." in the print
>> > dialog box, but the only drop-down choice next to "Resolution" is
>> > "Default," which doesn't say what the default is but seems to be set
>> > at Super-fine.
>> >
>> > How do I cange the print resolution to Normal or Draft?
>>
>> The resolution set in Advanced Print Options is the dots per inch setting of
>> the output data from Publisher to your printer driver, not the print quality
>> of your printer.
>>
>> The print quality of your printer can only be set in your printer driver.
>> On a per-publication basis, this is done through the Page Setup > Printer
>> and Paper > Properties dialog.  On a system-wide basis, this is done through
>> Start > Printers and Faxes > Right-click your printer > Properties >
>> Printing Preferences.  The latter sets the default for all applications.
>>
>> --
>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5093)
12/28/2005 4:14:32 PM
Don Burgess <DonBurgess@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I changed the print qualty through Page Setup, but it didn't work. I'd
> rather not change it sytem-wide. Any other fixes? The printer is a
> Brother MFC 3820CN.

Publisher takes its default print settings from the system-wide default
settings.