Can Publisher import PowerPoint presentations?

Hi, My company has used PowerPoint to create many
marketing materials not for projecting presentations but
for printing (and used pdfs for emailing and viewing).
We have upgraded to new computers running Windows XP and
are considering whether to buy PowerPoint or Publisher.
If we go with Publisher, will we have to redo all our
marketing presentations?  Or is there a way to transfer
them to Publisher?

Thanks for your assistance.
0
cheryl1 (1)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Cheryl White <cheryl@gamboaco.com>...
> Hi, My company has used PowerPoint to create many
> marketing materials not for projecting presentations but
> for printing (and used pdfs for emailing and viewing).
> We have upgraded to new computers running Windows XP and
> are considering whether to buy PowerPoint or Publisher.
> If we go with Publisher, will we have to redo all our
> marketing presentations?  Or is there a way to transfer
> them to Publisher?

Publisher is not an app for making presentations, but from what I can see
your presentations weren't actually presentations (as presentations are made
to be viewed), but more brochures.  There is no convenient way to transfer
to Publisher apart from copy and paste.
But you could get both PowerPoint and Publisher for your new machines by
getting Microsoft Office SBE or Pro.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)
1/8/2004 4:55:35 PM
Ed your bad Alzheimer's has reached a stage you should retire permanently
your two grey cells are so badly damaged.

Publisher is a perfect application for making presentations.

donotknock (1941)
1/8/2004 11:39:51 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>...
> Publisher is a perfect application for making presentations.

That depends how you define presentations

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6342)
1/9/2004 7:39:51 AM
maybe so, but PP is certainly not a good choice for prepress use!<G>

--
Mac Townsend,
Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, California:

0
mact-no (11)
1/9/2004 6:09:22 PM
Hi

Did you know that with XP you can ppt save as.."webpage"??
Then in Publisher, you create a hyperlink to your index
page.

So if your company is upgrading to XP make sure its the
professional version, and then it should work nicely.

publisher installation error
Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times and re-booting my pc, but nothing works. "G" wrote: > Hi. After having successfully installed Publisher, it > won't let me open it. Every time I try, it says that > I "have performed an illegal operation and program will be > shut down". I have tried re-installing it several times > and re-booting my pc, but no...

How can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter.
In Excel 2003 after inserting a hyperlink to open a picture file stored in the local drive the user needs to be able to open the file by pressing Enter on the cell that contains the hyperlink rather than by clicking on it with the mouse. This feature is enable in Excel 2000 but it the not work in 2003. (the file type or location does not matter). In short, how can a hyperlink be opened by pressing Enter in Excel 2003. Thank you in advance for your help, Carolina I think that this went away in xl2002. You could send a message to mswish@microsoft.com asking for this to come back. Carol...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

Cannot change line/object color in Publisher 2002
Anyone who can help: I'm using an older version of Publisher (2002). I was working on a floor plan for a project when suddenly, all the lines and borders disappeared. I am now unable to make any selection to change the line color--the selection defaults to a blank option no matter what color I choose, creating essentially invisible objects and lines in my files, even new ones. I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher twice to no effect--the problem persists. (Interestingly, the same files when opened in Publisher 2002 on another machine display fine.) Is there something else that co...

Can I Make Calendar Overlay my Default View?
I have my personal calendar and a shared public calendar. I have found how to go to the calendar shortcut, select the two calendars, and then overlay them. However, if I go to the folder view that overlay view goes away. Also, if I restart Outlook, I have to go through all of the work to reset that view up again. I found the "save calendar choice" freeware application mentioned in this forum elsewhere but this did not seem to really do the trick. For one thing, it only saves the view choice as side-by-side. Really, what I want to do is save my default calendar view to always sho...

Publisher #65
Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older version of Publisher like 2.0a? -- Thanks, Stan Stan wrote: > Does anyone know if the Publisher 2007 upgtade will work with an older > version of Publisher like 2.0a? ================================== According to the following website...the earliest qualifying product is 2000. Scroll down to : Office Publisher 2007 2007 Microsoft Office system pricing and upgrade information http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx#1 -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

RMS needs to add an Import Utility to the program
I think I speak for alot of people here. RMS should add an import Utility to the program. Every body needs to import some type of file from time to time. You pay enoght money for this and they know from the start that you will be importing data from your old POS system. Or like in my case, every year I have new items or a new supplier. and for me to get an Add in that may or maynot work is not good enoght. Jose -- Reynold Cycle I agree totally but, for me, the main attraction of RMS over similar solutions was the open SQL Server database and the ability to customise. You can downlo...

publisher 2003/color
I know this has been discussed before......... Problem: publisher does not show color while editing, does print the correct color and shows color in print preview. Several people suggested (other threads) that video driver was the problem, well I changed the video drivr, publisher still does not show color!~ Has anyone been able to correct this problem, seems to be fairly common. Any help would be appreciated! Charann Try using a different printer driver as your default. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

How can comunicate annoucement more agile?
is it any form to replicate the winpoup utility with annoucemen of Micrososft cRM v3.0? ...

Db template that can handle making book indices?
Does anyone know if there is a template that can be used to create printed book indices? The indices are those pages usually found at the back of books that allow you to find information in any book quickly and easily. The difficulty is that some books, as an example even cookbooks, don't have a comprehensive enough index so it would be nice to create one's own esp. for books we use quite frequently where we'd like to create a booklet we tuck into the book so that when we go to do research, we can find anything. As an example, I'd like to use a cookbook because it...

Unread messages don't exist
My Outlook 2003 Unread Messages folder states that I have 11 unread messages in my inbox. I select the Inbox folder from the Unread Messages folder and right click and choose Mark Messages as Read. I'm then presented withe the following info: Cannot mark the items read or unread. The most likely reasons are: You don't have permissions to modify the items etc etc If I hi-light one of the messages and choose delete, I get the following: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied. I cannot read the message either. I have run scanpst on...

Import into Access from Excel, passing a variable as the field...
Hello all, I have an Excel spreadsheet with a header that contains the exact same 30 names as the corresponding 30 fields in an Access DB table, and Row 2 below the Header contains the data I want to import. Instead, of physically typing all 30 fields in the code, I have a macro that loops through each "field" name that it got from the spreadsheet header. When I run this macro I get "run-time error '3265' Item not found in this collection', however, when I specify the actual field Name manually it works. This what I have: Dim iColumn As Integer Dim FieldName As ...

Try these important update
--aggpexytarh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ovpxzxjley"; type="multipart/alternative" --ovpxzxjley Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="prvgddqc" --prvgddqc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your c...

building a website in publisher
Hi, I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote (in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages? If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they ...

can not forward or reply to messages
I was able to send, forward and reply to messages up til today. For some reason I can not forward or reply to messages today. They are greyed out. I am using Microsoft outlook 2007. Any idea how to fix this? And you cannot create new messages either? Probably the same applies to creating new documents in any of the other Office applications too. In that case it means that you haven't activated your copy of Office yet. You can do so in Outlook via Help-> Activate Product... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto...

Can desktop be switched in InitInstance()?
Hi, I'd like my app to run in a non-default desktop. I thought I could create a new desktop and switch to it in InitInstance() and then restore the old desktop in ExitInstance(). The code in InitInstance() is as follows: CMyApp::InitInstance() { m_hDeskThreadSav = ::GetThreadDesktop(GetCurrentThreadId()); m_hDeskInputSav = ::OpenInputDesktop(0, FALSE, DESKTOP_SWITCHDESKTOP); m_hDesktop = ::CreateDesktop(L"MyDesktop", NULL, NULL, 0, GENERIC_ALL, NULL); ::SetThreadDesktop(m_hDesktop); ::SwitchDesktop(m_hDesktop); [...] } When app runs I get a new desktop but the a...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Can I run proprietary Windows Software on Remote Desktop?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac Mini. I am taking a course that requires a minimum of Windows XP or Vista. Can I install the course software on Remote Desktop so that I can use it to take this class, or is this just for using MS Office programs? Also, what is the cost of this service? On 3/24/08 12:03 PM, in article ee95dbc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "boyerml@officeformac.com" <boyerml@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac ...

double address import check
Hi, Microsoft CRM has a nice function to import new addresses into CRM. Only minus is that it won't check for double addresses. I'm curious if someone has a great solution for this. Some nice MS CRM add-on which can check if their are possible double addresses in the database. kind regards, Michel www.notetaker.nl version 3 will have some nice features for identifying and merging duplicate records. Dave "Michel//www.notetaker.nl" <info@nospamnotetaker.nl> wrote in message news:ex%236GQMpFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Microsoft CRM has a ...

Quicken to Money 2006 import issues
I tried the import wizard for the Money 2006 trial edition to get 5 years worth of data from my quicken 2003 data file and Money had issues with the file and wouldn't import. I did find I could export the quicken file as a qif and then import it into Money, but there are still some issue: 1. my expense catagories need to be applied to each transaction again 2. All the transaction are marked with a status of (E) when they all but the most recent should be marked as reconciled (R). If the only way around this is to change each transaction manually, I guess I'll have to do it (5...

Can't see row numbers or left scroll arrow in Excel spreadsheet
One of my excel spreadsheets won't display the row numbers (half of column "A" also can't be seen); left scroll arrow is not on screen. Other spreadsheets are OK. What to do? Thanks Jim Try Ctrl+F10 to maximize the workbook? "Jim Freund" wrote: > One of my excel spreadsheets won't display the row numbers (half of column > "A" also can't be seen); left scroll arrow is not on screen. Other > spreadsheets are OK. What to do? > Thanks > > Jim ...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Can't edit, delete or skip bills
Money has decided that I can no longer edit or remove bills. I can add new bills, but I can't change any existing ones. When I try to edit a bill, I get to the edit screen and can change data. But when I click OK to save the data, the button click is ignored. I am left on the edit screen and the edit doesn't get saved. When I attempt to delete a bill I get an error dialog. When I attempt to skip all future occurrences of a bill it disappears, but then reappears next time I go to the bills page. I assume the money data file is somehow messed up. I've tried the "repair&q...

Importing and assigning ownership to crm user
Hi there, I am importing data into CRM database using Scribe software, source data is also on SQL tables. Importing works perfectly using scribe adaptor. But I want to assign ownership to the imported records. I am not sure where the owner ID and Owner names are stord in the CRM tables. Can anybody help? Regards, Kyaw You need to set the OwningUser filed to the unique identifiier of the system user. You can find the unique identifiier values in the Systemuserbase table under the systemuserid column. Laz "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:%23zeRN6P0EHA.345...