Can Publisher create professional books?

Hi,

I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
books and to try a Tex variation.

Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
any other book in a bookstore.

Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?

Thanks for your help.

Robert

Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
http://www.rspearson.com

telicalbook <telicalbook@aol.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
> books and to try a Tex variation.

You could certainly use Publisher for this.  Like with all things, there are
pros and cons.
Publisher is very easy to pick up.  However, it doesn't include any standard
templates for books like those you would find in a bookstore, and so you
would have to create everything manually.  It would probably be more
difficult to get a uniform format.  LaTeX or LyX would make getting a
uniform format far easier, but you lose out on precise layout control, plus
it's much harder to learn.  Another alternative would be to use a
professional-level DTP application such as Adobe InDesign or QuarkXPress.
The disadvantage of this is the pricing and the steep  learning curve.
To single-handedly create a professional-looking book that is
indistinguishable from the "genuine" article in any application is something
that takes experience and practise.

> Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
> using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
> which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
> significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?

Publisher 2003 includes substantial improvements in the area of preparing
your file to go to a commercial printer.  However, it doesn't specifically
include much special functionality geared towards long documents.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/28/2005 6:08:59 PM
Long documents are best created in Word. Word has all the tools you need for your
project.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
> books and to try a Tex variation.
>
> Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
> to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
> any other book in a bookstore.
>
> Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
> using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
> which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
> significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Robert

> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

0
gsauer (5093)
10/28/2005 6:20:37 PM
Ed and Mary have already responded but I have to add something.

You could have the most expensive, top-of-the-line program ever developed
and still produce a crappy book. Where is it written that a less expensive
program can't produce a nice looking book?? It all boils down to the skill
of the designer as well as the amount of time you are willing to put into a
project.

(I just had to get that out of my system.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
> books and to try a Tex variation.
>
> Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
> to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
> any other book in a bookstore.
>
> Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
> using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
> which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
> significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Robert

> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
10/28/2005 11:22:02 PM
"Here, here!"

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Ed and Mary have already responded but I have to add something.
>
> You could have the most expensive, top-of-the-line program ever developed
> and still produce a crappy book. Where is it written that a less expensive
> program can't produce a nice looking book?? It all boils down to the skill
> of the designer as well as the amount of time you are willing to put into a
> project.
>
> (I just had to get that out of my system.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
> > books and to try a Tex variation.
> >
> > Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
> > to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
> > any other book in a bookstore.
> >
> > Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
> > using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
> > which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
> > significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Robert Pearson
> > ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> > Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> > http://www.rspearson.com

0
jem01354 (2)
10/29/2005 2:09:03 AM
Hi,

Not sure that Word can create formatted book documents.

Word can do book format setups in landscape format?
Can it suppress headers on pages you don't want them?
Can it make this all in one file for the ease of a printer?

Just curious, is there a suppress header function in Publisher 2003?
That seems to be one of the major problems now as going from file
to a print-out at a printer is the best way to go, and not sure that
they can
make alterations that are impossible within the software itself.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
http://www.rspearson.com/

So You Want to Write a Book with MS Word
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Hi,
>
> Not sure that Word can create formatted book documents.
>
> Word can do book format setups in landscape format?
> Can it suppress headers on pages you don't want them?
> Can it make this all in one file for the ease of a printer?
>
> Just curious, is there a suppress header function in Publisher 2003?
> That seems to be one of the major problems now as going from file
> to a print-out at a printer is the best way to go, and not sure that
> they can
> make alterations that are impossible within the software itself.
>
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com/

0
gsauer (5093)
10/29/2005 7:59:55 AM
telicalbook <telicalbook@aol.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Just curious, is there a suppress header function in Publisher 2003?
> That seems to be one of the major problems now as going from file
> to a print-out at a printer is the best way to go, and not sure that
> they can
> make alterations that are impossible within the software itself.

a) Most older versions of Publisher Help state that you can cover up the
header with a white text box (this doesn't apply as much if you have a
picture behind the header text).
b) Publisher 2003 has multiple master pages, and so can have pages with and
without headers, and different headers in different parts of the
publication.
c) Printers can modify PDF files you supply to them, but it's normally best
if they don't.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
10/29/2005 10:03:18 AM
"telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
> books and to try a Tex variation.
>
> Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
> to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
> any other book in a bookstore.
>
> Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
> using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
> which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
> significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Robert

I used Publisher 95 to produce a book which was sold by a
mainstream publisher. The book was in landscape format with
double columns of text, on account of it containing loads of
tables. The tables were generated automatically by VB programs
which incorporated "<T>" tags between the values in each row.
These were copied and pasted into Publisher and the tags
substituted with tabs using "^t". Using tabs, left, right, centre,
decimal, (set within styles) in Publisher has to be the easiest
way of laying out tables ever. Far easier than the inbuilt table
editors in Publisher or Pagemaker IMO.

Each chapter formed a separate file and all were written to the
default imagesetter as Postcript EPS (IIRR) files. All these files
were then proofed to a S/H Laserjet IIIP with a Postscript cartridge
using DOS COPY. They were then sent direct to the printer and all
printed perfectly.

There are workarounds for most problems in Publisher, with master pages
and other features - as has been pointed out white boxes can be used to
obscure unwanted headers. The only real deficiency in Publisher 95
at least as compared with Pagemaker which I found, was the inability
to apply fine adjustments to the width of the type - tracking - with
just the one or two options "squeeze together" etc. and the leading.
Which would have been useful in order to maintain a consistent page
length on facing pages, given the preponderance of tables. While the
auto-hyphenation and word breaks also needed watching.
And clearly Publisher 95 isn't as adept at handling ligatures
and suchlike - which don't even show up in the index. But even then
having too much scope for fine tuning and fiddling, unless the
intention is to produce cutting-edge typographical masterpieces,
can be a handicap in itself.

The fonts used were the old Type 1 standbyes of Bookman for the
body text, and helvetica variants for the tables.

anon

> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:09:03 -0700, "jem01354"
<jem01354@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Here, here!"

I think you'll find that the correct spelling is "Hear, hear!"

>> "telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've been told that Publisher can't really format professional
>> > books and to try a Tex variation.
>> >
>> > Wondering about opinions on this.  I don't want people to be able
>> > to distinguish any difference between a book I publish and
>> > any other book in a bookstore.
>> >
>> > Also, what version of Publisher is recomended for this?  I am
>> > using one for Win95 and it can't suppress headers on final pages,
>> > which makes for stupid looking end pages.  Do later versions have
>> > significant improvements for the book publisher and what are they?
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.
>> >
>> > Robert
>> >
>> > --
>> > --
>> > Robert Pearson
>> > ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
>> > Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
>> > http://www.rspearson.com

Blessed be, for sure...
0
T1317 (75)
10/29/2005 4:49:21 PM
Here..hear............doesn't matter to me. I knew what Jem meant. (At it
was nice to know that at least one other person feels the way I do. Skill,
creativity, and time are better tools than any software program can
provide.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jim" <grizzlyAIN'T@cascocastle.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:09:03 -0700, "jem01354"
> <jem01354@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>"Here, here!"
>>
> I think you'll find that the correct spelling is "Hear, hear!"
>

>>> "telicalbook" <telicalbook@aol.com> wrote in message

> Blessed be, for sure...

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
10/29/2005 5:21:46 PM
Thanks JoAnn, and Hear, hear!!! yet again.

PS  Thanks, Jim, I learn something new every day.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

> Here..hear............doesn't matter to me. I knew what Jem meant. (At it
> was nice to know that at least one other person feels the way I do. Skill,
> creativity, and time are better tools than any software program can
> provide.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Jim" <grizzlyAIN'T@cascocastle.com> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:09:03 -0700, "jem01354"
> > <jem01354@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>"Here, here!"
> >>
> > I think you'll find that the correct spelling is "Hear, hear!"

> > Blessed be, for sure...

0
jem01354 (2)
10/30/2005 12:40:02 PM
Hear here!

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Here..hear............doesn't matter to me. I knew what Jem meant. (At it
| was nice to know that at least one other person feels the way I do. Skill,
| creativity, and time are better tools than any software program can
| provide.)
|
| --
|
| JoAnn Paules
| MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
|

| "Jim" <grizzlyAIN'T@cascocastle.com> wrote in message
| > On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:09:03 -0700, "jem01354"
| > <jem01354@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
| >
| >>"Here, here!"
| >>
| > I think you'll find that the correct spelling is "Hear, hear!"

| > Blessed be, for sure...

0
webmaster911 (1600)
10/30/2005 3:51:14 PM
Not sure how this is going to appear as a new message to be read and
replied to, since the thread is several weeks old.  I realize this is
the Publisher group, but since Word was brought up here thought I would
try to get a reply from it.

I am most concerned with the lack of page numbers on my title and
contents pages, and starting with page one on page one.  In browsing
through the link:

So You Want to Write a Book with MS Word
http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm

it wasn't that clean that this could be done.  In fact, it seemed to
cover almost every area other than this.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
http://www.rspearson.com

Ins and outs of page numbering in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011165141033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Not sure how this is going to appear as a new message to be read and
> replied to, since the thread is several weeks old.  I realize this is
> the Publisher group, but since Word was brought up here thought I would
> try to get a reply from it.
>
> I am most concerned with the lack of page numbers on my title and
> contents pages, and starting with page one on page one.  In browsing
> through the link:
>
> So You Want to Write a Book with MS Word
> http://daiya.mvps.org/bookword.htm
>
> it wasn't that clean that this could be done.  In fact, it seemed to
> cover almost every area other than this.
>
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

0
gsauer (5093)

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

Can categories be backed up somehow?
I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that saved our custom categories list. TIA. StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > I back up rules, etc., and got to wondering if there was a file that > saved our custom categories list. TIA. Start with this: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olcat.htm -- Brian Tillman On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:27:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: > >> I back up rules, etc., and...

Can't open .pub files either
I have installed / unistalled / installed / uninstalled Publisher 2003 several times and have the same problems others seem to have. I can create and save a .pub file but cannot open them. Get the "cannot find file" message followed by the "cannot open" message. I have loaded the same Publisher program on another computer in our office and it works fine. To save time I should said ahead of time that we: DO NOT use Norton Antivirus DO use Norton Internet Securities which have been set to "allow scripts" Please help! If I cannot re-open and re-edit .pub fi...

Publisher calendars #2
I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left This is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. A workaround, find a year where Sunday falls on your calendar start day and change the week headings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "arriputter" <arriputter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFA42774-09A1-4A61-AEC0-0E61C45B6975@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left ...

can't read emails
When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but inbox, where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where download from my server On Tue, 03 May 2005 07:34:07 -1000, emilio <emilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do send & recieve it look like the mails go somewhere else but > inbox, > where they go? how can I see them? I know for sure those email where > download > from my server What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed i...

can I print selected cells only within a worksheet
I have designed a simple template using text only for a unique advice note. I want to be able to add variable information within this template but need only for the variable information to print onto a pre-printed advice note. I do not want to hide the template as I need to see exactly where to insert the variables but I do not want it to print. Anyone help? Thanks. Maybe you can use this ? http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "martin hanley" <martin hanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA062677-3...

How do I create a Cost Volume Profit Graph in Excel?
I was wondering if I could get some help on how to create a CVP graph in Excel 2007. A cost volume profit shows how costs, revenues, and profits vary with volume (sales). You can either plot total cost, or fixed and variable costs, which add up to total costs. One way to show this is to make a break-even chart. Put unit sales (number of items sold) in the first column, fixed costs in the second (which are a constant), variable costs in the third column (these are typically a straight line through zero), and in the fourth insert formulas that sum fixed and variable costs to make total ...

PUBLISHER
I have duplicated HUNDREDS OF PAGES of this 27 page publisher document - then deleted & recopied. Now, it says CANNOT COMPLETE OPERATION. I'm pannicked! Because i really need to understand why. HELP! What do you mean you duplicated hundreds of pages of a 27 page document? You've created duplicate pages? What operation can Publisher not complete? Sounds like you've corrupted the file (and the question). You may have to re-state this question. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mark Mera" <Mar...

publishing images with Excel workbook
I have created an workbook with Excel and put a photo on the first page. when I publish the workbook as an web page (interactivity) my photo is missing. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I have try everything I know to do = insert picture, putting copying photo to clipboard and shift, pasta picture and still logo is missing. Lee ...

how can I split a single cell diagonally in Excel 2000
Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel cell diagonally in order to have it contain 2 pieces of information? Forrest, As far as I know, you can not split a cell diagonally so that it can contain 2 pieces of information. However, you can merge cells which might give you the effect that you want. To do so, go to the standard toolbar and hit Format -> Cells -> Alignment Tab -> Text Control and work with the merged cells option. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Forrest" wrote: > Anyone out there know a way to split a single excel ce...

Creating a chart of overlaid area circles?
Can anyone help? I am trying to create a chart that contrasts size by laying 3 different sized circles on top of each other (so it will basically look like a shooting target). I know i can represent this data in other ways but this will have greatest impact for the purpose. Can Excel do this? And if so, how? - Please bear in mind I am not very techy so the simpler the better! Thanks very much Hi, You could use a bubble chart. That takes 3 parameters x,y and size. keep the x and y constant and adjust the size. Cheers Andy m.nutt1 wrote: > Can anyone help? > > I am trying to...

basic question....create array
I searching the web to find how to create an array of any type from .net. I found this way: $nelement= 20 $array = new-object SomeType[] $nelement I know that $nelements is the number of elements in the array but.....when I read Get-help about_arrays I don't find any reference to that argument.......where is the documentation for that way of array creation? the only way that I found in the help is [SomType[]] $array = (element1,element2,...$elementN) but for that I need the elements already, and I don't have it..........I just need and empty array of some type. -- Mi...

Creating one trendline for multiple series
Hi, I have a document withfour different series and these are all plotted onto one curve. I want a trendline that fits all four series of data onto one trendline. I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of data? Thanks > I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a > trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of > data? Unfortunately this is how it has to be done. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Inventory adjustment creates two journal entries
I was tracking the results of an inventory adjustment transaction when I discovered the system broke the resulting entry to the G/L into two, separate journal entries. The adjustment transaction (# 0000000009826) contained 123 lines; two journal entries were output by GP. The first entry had the following reference information: Journal Entry #: 499514 Source Document: IVADJ Audit Trail Code: GLTRX00021619 Reference: Transaction Entry Orig Audit Trail Code: IVADJ00001482 The second journal entry had the following information: Journal Entry #: 499515 Source Document: GJ Audit Trail Code...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

creating text box dynamically in ms access
can any body please tell me the code to create text boxes dynamically or else please give me the link abt that information Thanq See help on CreateControl In general, this is only useful if you are creating some kind of wizard form that creates whole forms for end users. You don't want to be creating text boxes on the fly for a normal form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "ravindar thati" <ravindarjobs@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

How can I add a CDaoRecordview and/or CDaoRecordset class to a project in VC2003?
Hello group I have a problem. I don't know how add CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class to a project in VC2003. In VC 6 I know,but with VC2003 I do: 1. Click Project. 2. Add Class 3. Click Category/MFC -> MFC class 4. I don't see the CDaoRecordset or/and CDaoRecordview class in base class list. Please anybody, help me!!! Thank's in advance ...

Published 2000 pictures make file sizes too big
I have scanned pictures using Microsoft Photo/Draw. The pictures are around 250 KB but when I put them in my Published document, the file grows to 14,000KB. I can't email them or save them on a floppy. How can I get this file size down You may have to convert the file to a pdf format. Publisher just make humongous files. You have several choices when it comes to a pdf converter program from freebees to Adobe Acrobat. The later is on the spendy side and the freebees may disappoint you. My choice after comparing 5 pdf converter programs was PDF-XChange, a very nice commercial produc...

How i change headers in different sections Microsoft Publisher 20.
I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Microsoft Publisher 2007. Anad i heed to have different headers in different sections, i cannot do that. The newspaper is going to be about 32 pages. Are you using one of the templates? What template? What happens when you try to change the headers? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vasso" <Vasso@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F7FA6B-21AB-4C28-A191-2B4742E63FCA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a school newspaper using the Mi...

Unable to book resource via server
I'm posting this in the server forum since I think it's a server issue and not a client issue. When someone created a meeting with a resource it says the server must be online to do this. We just moved from a Exch2000 server to a Exch2003 server. If the Exch2000 server is "down" it will not work, once it's back up.. it allows the meeting to get assigned. What am I missing that I haven't moved to the new exchange server? Thanks AlbertP Did you replicate the System Public Folders to the 2003 server? Specifically the Free/Busy public folder? what do you have ...

can receive but not send 02-26-10
Help please... I can receive but not send messages from my windows mail accounts (2) Message appears as below.... The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'steveburgess12@bigpond'. Subject '',...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...