Can one Force Publisher 2003 to default save in Publisher 2000 for

Hi.

We work with Office 2000 and XP.
We don´t plan to deploy Office 2003 on corporate basis.
Some new people though have Office 2003 - and there are more to come.

Problem:
Som work with Publisher 2000 or 2002
Others work with Publisher 2003.
We can´t force people to use the "Save As" work around - to solve the
document compatibility issue between the versions - they simply forget!

Question:
Is it possible to install the Publisher 2003, and force it always to Use the
Publisher 2000 format, working with documents.
(change some registry settings i.e...) -> so people don´t have to consider
the document version issue, and we keep all documents on one version??

Regards
Jens
0
jens1 (5)

Jens wrote:
> Question:
> Is it possible to install the Publisher 2003, and force it always to Use the
> Publisher 2000 format, working with documents.
> (change some registry settings i.e...) -> so people don´t have to consider
> the document version issue, and we keep all documents on one version??

NO. And if it were, it would be a BAD IDEA. Upgrade your 2000 users to
2002/2003/2007 (which all share the same filetype), or downgrade
everyone to 2000. Otherwise every time you open the document on a 2002/3
machine, it would cause formatting changes. Then when you saved it back
to 2000 format, there would be MORE format changes.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

ungroup object in publisher
Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup If the text is still text and not an image, you should be able to edit it without ungrouping. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "docherty" <docherty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38CE759B-F3D4-4862-A00A-653ED3573C0B@microsoft.com... > Hi I did a project about two weeks ago I grouped the items and saved it ,now > I want to alter some text but if wont ungroup...

default values in a cell

Save as .doc
In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? REBeyer wrote: > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? Not that I know of. You can save as .txt, open in Word, and save as a Word doc, though. "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > REBeyer wrote: > > In Outlook 2003 there is no option to save an eemail as .doc. > > is there setting that can be turned on to allow this? > > Not that I know of. You can save as ...

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary