Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000

After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not
allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a
graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their
computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another
computer file of sort? Hope someone can help.
Jeanne
0
Jeanne (35)

All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder
similar to this.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt

If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT
to TIFFIM32.old, drag a new instance from your setup disk.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not
> allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a
> graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their
> computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another
> computer file of sort? Hope someone can help.
> Jeanne

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/1/2006 11:39:59 PM
The picture I was trying to import would be only a jpg. How would that have
changed when I reinstalled the program again?
Jeanne

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder
> similar to this.
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>
> If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT
> to TIFFIM32.old, drag a new instance from your setup disk.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not
> > allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a
> > graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their
> > computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another
> > computer file of sort? Hope someone can help.
> > Jeanne

0
Jeanne (35)
4/11/2006 8:12:02 PM
If I copy that file on a CD - can I put it on the other computer if I find
those files names are missing. If so - how do I save it - to the exact place
where I found it on my other computer and save over the previous version?
Jeanne

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder
> similar to this.
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>
> If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT
> to TIFFIM32.old, drag a new instance from your setup disk.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not
> > allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a
> > graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their
> > computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another
> > computer file of sort? Hope someone can help.
> > Jeanne

0
Jeanne (35)
4/11/2006 8:23:02 PM
All the graphic filters are in the same place if Microsoft Office products are
installed.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt

You can copy all the filters to a CD or simply drag it from your setup disk to
the same folder after you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> If I copy that file on a CD - can I put it on the other computer if I find
> those files names are missing. If so - how do I save it - to the exact place
> where I found it on my other computer and save over the previous version?
> Jeanne
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a
>> folder
>> similar to this.
>> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>>
>> If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance,
>> TIFFIM32.FLT
>> to TIFFIM32.old, drag a new instance from your setup disk.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not
>> > allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a
>> > graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their
>> > computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another
>> > computer file of sort? Hope someone can help.
>> > Jeanne

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/11/2006 9:55:06 PM
Why do you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old? I copied mine on a Cd
and will compare to what is on the computer that is not importing graphics.
That is correct?
"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> All the graphic filters are in the same place if Microsoft Office products are
> installed.
>
> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>
> You can copy all the filters to a CD or simply drag it from your setup disk to
> the same folder after you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I copy that file on a CD - can I put it on the other computer if I find
> > those files names are missing. If so - how do I save it - to the exact place
> > where I found it on my other computer and save over the previous version?
> > Jeanne
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a
> >> folder
> >> similar to this.
> >> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
> >>
> >> If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance,
> >> TIFFIM32.FLT
> >> to TIFFIM32.old, drag a new instance from your setup disk.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeanne (35)
4/11/2006 11:31:01 PM
The old file will not necessarily be overwritten, that is why it is better to
rename the file and install a fresh filter.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Why do you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old? I copied mine on a Cd
> and will compare to what is on the computer that is not importing graphics.
> That is correct?
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> All the graphic filters are in the same place if Microsoft Office products
>> are
>> installed.
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
>>
>> You can copy all the filters to a CD or simply drag it from your setup disk
>> the same folder after you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I copy that file on a CD - can I put it on the other computer if I find
>> > those files names are missing. If so - how do I save it - to the exact
>> > place
>> > where I found it on my other computer and save over the previous version?
>> > Jeanne

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/12/2006 8:14:33 AM
I checked the folder at work today and there are more filters in that folder
than there are on my home computer. Everytime you install a program does it
add a filter in that folder? I wasn't able to try and rename the jpg filter I
found there in the folder. Is that what I should do or just add the one I
copied from my home computer? This is very confusing to me. I can't wait for
this program to be acting correctly again.
Jeanne

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The old file will not necessarily be overwritten, that is why it is better to
> rename the file and install a fresh filter.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Why do you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old? I copied mine on a Cd
> > and will compare to what is on the computer that is not importing graphics.
> > That is correct?
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> All the graphic filters are in the same place if Microsoft Office products
> >> are
> >> installed.
> >>
> >> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt
> >>
> >> You can copy all the filters to a CD or simply drag it from your setup disk
> >> the same folder after you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeanne (35)
4/12/2006 7:53:02 PM
Did you install the three Service Paks for Publisher 2000?  If not, get them
here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010699551033.aspx

--
Don
Vancouver USA

>I checked the folder at work today and there are more filters in that
>folder
> than there are on my home computer. Everytime you install a program does
> it
> add a filter in that folder? I wasn't able to try and rename the jpg
> filter I
> found there in the folder. Is that what I should do or just add the one I
> copied from my home computer? This is very confusing to me. I can't wait
> for
> this program to be acting correctly again.
> Jeanne
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The old file will not necessarily be overwritten, that is why it is
>> better to
>> rename the file and install a fresh filter.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Why do you rename the jpegim32.flt to jpegim32.old? I copied mine on a
>> > Cd
>> > and will compare to what is on the computer that is not importing
>> > graphics.
>> > That is correct?

0
Don
4/12/2006 8:02:18 PM

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Did you install the three Service Paks for Publisher 2000?  If not, get them
> here:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010699551033.aspx
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I checked the folder at work today and there are more filters in that
> >folder
> > than there are on my home computer. Everytime you install a program does
> > it
> > add a filter in that folder? I wasn't able to try and rename the jpg
> > filter I
> > found there in the folder. Is that what I should do or just add the one I
> > copied from my home computer? This is very confusing to me. I can't wait
> > for
> > this program to be acting correctly again.
> > Jeanne
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The old file will not necessarily be overwritten, that is why it is
> >> better to
> >> rename the file and install a fresh filter.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeanne (35)
4/21/2006 3:52:01 PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner.
My publisher is now working. This is what I did. I copied all my filters on
my home computer and compared them to work - looked the same, but work also
had more. I copied over mine at work with mine from home. That did not work.
I then went to install/uninstall and tried something that the program had
told me, but I couldn't find the right box to click on, but I did come across
a repair box and I clicked on that. I inserted my original Cd and let it do
its magic. That worked!!! I had uninstalled the program a few times - don't
understand how the repair one would work and not just reinstalling the
program. But who understands computers sometimes. I did not install the 3
office updates - I felt at this point, if what I need works - leave it alone.
Thank you for your time and help.
Jeanne

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Did you install the three Service Paks for Publisher 2000?  If not, get them
> here:
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/CD010699551033.aspx
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I checked the folder at work today and there are more filters in that
> >folder
> > than there are on my home computer. Everytime you install a program does
> > it
> > add a filter in that folder? I wasn't able to try and rename the jpg
> > filter I
> > found there in the folder. Is that what I should do or just add the one I
> > copied from my home computer? This is very confusing to me. I can't wait
> > for
> > this program to be acting correctly again.
> > Jeanne
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The old file will not necessarily be overwritten, that is why it is
> >> better to
> >> rename the file and install a fresh filter.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jeanne (35)

export/import Exchange mail
Please let me know if this can be done: 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email boxes Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then import it into the corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B? ibsys If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard. If they'...

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

import a 123 file

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

can i download lxce serv.exe

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

how many receivers i can add

printing imported gif files in Excel

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...