Can MsPubliser do INCLUDETEXT or MasterDocument/SubDocument equiv?

I'm preparing a series of bifold + duplexed booklets. There are 8
page, 16 page, 24 page, and 40 page versions with much duplicated
text. I've used Word's Master-Document with sub-documents (and also
the INCLUDETEXT fieldcode) so that changes / typos only have to be
fixed in one file.

I'd like to use the same MasterDocument approach with Microsoft
Publisher 2003. Is this capability available with Publisher? This
would be for duplexed quad-fold versions that end up being 4.25"x5.5".

Does Publisher 2003 have the feature of a master document being able
to include separate pages? Does it have a feature equivalent to
INCLUDETEXT?

For example, could MyBooklet_08.pub include Page01.pub, Page05.pub, 9,
13, 17, 21, 25, 29etc.?

Could MyBooklet_16.pub include Page01.pub, Page03.pub, Page05.pub,
7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,etc.?

Could MyBooklet_32.pub include all pages 1-32?

0
l_d_allan (35)

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
I've been using Eudora for years, and have limped along since they stopped providing updates. It's time to change and I have a lot of old emails I wish to preserve. Can I import that into Outlook 2007? ...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
This morning I encountered an unusual and scary problem. While trying to open one of our databases I recieved this error. The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. This database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially converted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) ...

Can MSCRM_CONFIG be renamed (in SQL)?
Question is from one of our customers. I believe not... Just say no. kinda like those t-shirts in the 80s. Dave Ireland "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" <Alexcrmresultantsnl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE7200E8-A6FD-468E-ACC1-F33F48A7806D@microsoft.com... > Question is from one of our customers. > I believe not... ...

why can't I edit a document I created two days ago with same Word
Started using Windows 7 about two weeks ago. Now I can't edit files I just created within the last week using the Word 2007. Why? Hi, I am really sorry that you are experiencing that. I am not quite sure yet thatI fully understand your problem but from what I see it seems taht you are trying to modify a read only file. Make sure taht when you save in word you are not saving the document as "read only." Let me know if this helps and if you have any additional info I would be glad to help you . -- Vicente Tulliano "veteranpoet" wrote: > ...

HELP!!! Can't get forumla figured out!
Hello, This is my first posting to this forum, and I haven't been able to search using the right criteria (not even sure what I would search under) to find what I need so I thought I would post a thread with the question. I have an access query that gives me the results in a spreadsheet layout, with 2 worksheets on it. I need to create a forumla that will look at the data on the 2nd sheet and compare the values in 2 particular columns with the value in one cell on the 1st sheet and populate a different cell on the 1st sheet with a count of entries from the 2nd sheet. If Sheet B, Colu...

I can not set an msn account
Hi. I could set a free hotmail account using outlook. I receintly bought an extra storage account using msn. Now I have problems trying to set the msn account using outlook, in spite I could set the hotmail account without problem. I can read and send mail using the browser. Can somebody help me to set the msn account using outlook? I am receiving the error message: Configuration: Account: MSN Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: username@msn.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc19 ...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Can't get my Focus
I have a form(frmProducts) on a tab control object (TabClt) that is on another form(frmOrders). I have a search box on frmProducts that filters "On change" and then keeps its focus in that box. Private Sub txtDescSearch_Change() DoCmd.ShowAllRecords Me.Filter = "Description like '" & txtDescSearch & "*'" Me.FilterOn = True Me.txtDescSearch.SetFocus SendKeys "{F2}" End Sub It works fine when I open frmProducts by itself but when I open the tab it is on from frmOrders. When I enter the first search letter it does fi...

Can't use Hebrew in Microsoft fonts, yet they show in taskbar.
I've downloaded Hebrew fonts. And they even appear in the taskbar. Yet all characters in these fonts still are Roman. How do I switch on the Hebrew font?? You need to activate Hebrew in Windows. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, and then follow the tabs and buttons to add a "Keyboard" (not to add a "Language"). The three Windowses do this a bit differently. If you're in XP, at one point you have to check off "Complex Scripts." Once you've done that, you'll have a new icon toward the right end of you...

HELP SCREENS, can't get help..
HELP SCREENS, can't get help.. 100723 1900 no pun.. can't get help on how to turn off "TILE" windows if using the term correctly. had seen setting somewhere, to stop Excel from minimizing to a narrow window when help opens (how the heck supposed to compare help to work doing when reducing window on us: cannot read window). where is the setting to stop windows / excel help from resizing to a narrow screen, when you open help. Top left of the help window autotile icon (looks like double page). It toggles between the help andexcel windows being tiled and vo...

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

can't access all of my back up after using Osirius program
Hi, I have Windows XP with Outlook 2003. I have backed up my massive amount of emails (400MB) using Outlook Backup from Osirius. Having used this program for smaller amounts of emails with no problems before I then placed the backup onto a disc and formatted the drive. After loading XP and Outlook back on I then tried to restore my backup using the same program. But it runs through the restore procedure without any problems and when I open Outlook up again most of the emails are not there. Outlook Backup has restored my deleted items and my sent items and also all of my accounts as th...

Outlook 2002-can't reply. Get "undeliverable" from System Administrator
When I reply, I am getting the mail bounced back with the message: "Undeliverable: Subject of email" from the System Administrator. This is happening to most but not all emails. When I called my ISP, they said it was an Outlook glitch and that I should uninstall and then reinstall Outlook. Any other suggestions? If not, if I uninstall Outlook, will all my data be saved? Thanks, Wendy What is the complete error message? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

can't telnet from a computer
I have an Exchange 2003 box. I have a problem telneting to the exchange server from a particular computer. All computer on the network can attach except for one. Any ideas? Thanks Telnet as in standard telnet app (port 23) or telnet to a particular service port like smtp (25)? Do you mean all computers in the network can telnet to Exchange except one? Can that computer telnet to any other server on the same port? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message news:%23BB%23o$brFHA.2272@TK2M...

can it be done without notice?
Hi, The below code (which was given in this NG + With some minor alterations by me) intends to check if anything is changed on column J then email that changed info to a spesific email address without the notice of the workbook user... But it has two problems: 1. If Outlook Express is not opened beforehand, starting of OE is visible and the user recognizes that something without his/her control is going on. 2. If Outlook Express is active before the execution of the macro, yet again a small instance of mail being produced is visible on the screen. Can anyone suggest solutions for the 2 proble...

Can get UserProperty Names but not Values?
>From C++ using UserProp->Name I can get the name of a UserProperty, but UserProp->Value.bstrVal always returns nothing, anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong and has anyone ever accessed UserProperties from C++? UserPropertiesPtr UserProps = Con->UserProperties; if (UserProps->Count > 0) { tot = UserProps->Count; UserPropertyPtr UserProp; for (i=1;i < tot + 1;i++) { UserProp = UserProps->Item(i); MessageBox(NULL,UserProp->Name,"Test - Name",MB_OK); char* sText; sText = (char*)UserProp->Val...

re-enabled user, now can't access mail container
i have a user who's account was disabled, i enabled the user and i changed the users password. i then logged in as that user and setup her outlook xp for her exchange account thinking i could then access the user's mail. however i get an error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log onto the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. (Exchange) Any Ideas? I have to forward messages to my boss. TIA, Mike Hello Mike, Go to control panel and click on mail, that is where you will verify user account for exchange. Lowell "Mike Smith...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Ballmer says Microsoft can survive crisis #2
While the technology industry is not immune to the troubles facing the U.S economy, it is positioned to weather a downturn, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a talk last week in Santa Clara. "As I travel and talk to people in the industry, I would say given the current circumstances, people still see a certain buoyancy in the market," he said. Ballmer said the industry is global, shielding it in part from the crisis in the United States. In addition, he said, the consumer side of the market has been less hard hit than the business side. Ballmer spoke at the Churchill Club'...

Can't Maximize a File
Hi. My file is stuck in "restore" mode (small in the middle of the screen). The three small boxes in the upper right hand corner of the file portion of the screen are missing so I cannot maximize it. The excel window is maximized and those boxes are there. How do I get them back. Thanks ...

can the fill colour of a bar be tied to the data font colour data

Can you help me with a troublesome query?
I'd like some help formulating a query for the following situation. The problem I actually have to solve is somewhat complicated, so I've extracted the essence of the problem into the simplified situation described below. While I know I could do this with an ugly cursor solution, I'm pretty sure that performance would be terrible as the table grows to a large size, which it will in the real problem I have to solve. So I'd like to hear your best ideas on how to solve this in a way that will scale to as high as a million records or more. Consider this table: ...

Can conditional formatting be used where .....
Can conditional formatting be used where text is included with numbers. Let me explain by example. A1 = flex 358 A2 = B, 358 A3 = R-U, 354 When A2:A3 numbers do not corresponds to A1 number then highlight cell. Therefore A3 in this example should be highlighted. A1:A3 quantities are the result of a formula. You could, for example, use CF/ Formula is: =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND(" ",A2))<>RIGHT(A$1,LEN(A$1)-FIND(" ",A$1)) -- David Biddulph "Gotroots" <Gotroots@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60A2636-0583-4BB9-...