can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?

I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in
sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any
ideas?
0
traveller (56)

Insert, page

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in
> sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any
> ideas?

0
gsauer (5093)
12/19/2005 4:36:49 PM
traveller <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard
to utter:
> I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and
> print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page
> bookfold. Any ideas?

I take it you already have a publication of more than 8 pages that you want
to divide into smaller signatures for binding?

You would either have to write an add-in to manually divide the publication
up into signatures and print each one, or manually print each signature
separately (when asked "Print as separate booklet?", select Yes, and that
set of pages will come out as a separate signature.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

Desktop Alert Settings
Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all folders including the default folder 'Inbox' ? Using Outlook 2003 See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/mailalert2003.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vik" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message news:uLkpNgLQFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello is there anyway to get the desktop alert for new mails for all > folders in...

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

how to use the type member in System.Web.Services.Description
hi all, I want to parse the wsdl file . It is ease to parse the parts of wsdl except that the part of types. Because I don't know how to use the System.Web.Services.Description member types . I have searched the MSDN to find answer , but , it tell me very less. So I come here for help. For example, there is a types is defined as follows: - <types> - <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://www.webservicex.net"> - <s:element name="GetGeoIP"> - <s:complexType> - <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0...

set up email 07-14-10
hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is my Blackberry phone.everytime i try to set it up it comes back with all kinds of problems.my email on the phone works great,but i would rather have an account on my laptop.my phone is T-Mobile Blackberry Bold.i would be very thankful for any help. "Looster59" <Looster59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BE71BBC-D2DC-44F8-8C95-6F0810E00124@microsoft.com... > hello.i am trying to set up an email account on my laptop and my modem is > my > Blackberry phone.everytime...

excel file can't be opened #2

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

How can I shade area under a norm dist graph?
I have graphed a normal distribution curve. =Normdist(x,4,4,false) for x=-8 to +18 Now I would like to shade the areas where 8.5<x<12 and x<-3. That is, the left tail and a portion of the right tail. How do I do that? TimH - For one method, see http://www.mikemiddleton.com/ShadedNormalDensity.xls - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "TimH" <TimH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31235839-5F38-48E1-98EF-69A0BB22C634@microsoft.com... >I have graphed a normal distribution curve. =No...

Outlook Signatures #4

can't add transfers to my budget
I have 3 accounts and I want to have 2 budget plans I want to have one "main" budget that has all my expenses, then another budget for my girlfriend and I's joint expenses. We have a joint account. I wanted to add the transfer from my checking into our joint account in my "main" budget. I have a group named "Transfers out of budget accounts" but I can't add anything to it or edit it. How can I accomplish this? I say one post here: http://umpmfaq.info/faq.txt that sounded hopeful, but when I tried to follow the instructions, nothing happened. Is t...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Proper use of categories in invoicing?
I am a freelance web developer. I use Money to print and track my invoicing. Being a freelancer, I often have a wide variety of clients: there is a continual influx of new clients, as well as a stable of regular clients. The regular clients often bring their own clients with them, and in this case, my role is only to develop the site. As a result, I will often send out 10 or 20 invoices to one of these regular clients over the course of a year, covering work that I may have done on 20 or 30 sites. As it is now, I can sort for invoices to the REGULAR CLIENTS, but I cannot search/sort for i...

Can you have a Territory without a manager ?
Can you have a Territory without a manager ? Is it required ? Yes you can have a Territory without a manager. Just a little tip, all required fields are indicated in red, bold letters and all business recommended (ie suggested you fill this information in) fields are indicated in blue, bold letters. Veronica. Program Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM "newbie" wrote: > Can you have a Territory without a manager ? > > Is it required ? > ...

error : can't find object or library
I got this error : can't find object or library whenever i try to enter some information into a cell. can someone advise how to get raid of it? thanks Hi, Try this it may work: Most likely, the application has lost the reference to an object or type library resulting in the above error. The problem may be resolved as follows: Open the database or application. Open a module in Design view or press ALT+F11 to switch to the Visual Basic Editor. On the Tools menu, click References. Clear the check box for the type library or object library marked as "Missing:" An alter...

How can a value be converted to words
Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. One hundrd and twenty three automatically. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 or http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html tj "Azar" wrote: > Is there a fromula if I have a total i.e. 123 to be converted in words i.e. > One hundrd and twenty three automatically. ...

Can we make a document frame window title bar disapper?
Hi, friends, I registered a document template in InitInstance(). It may not be an MDI child. When I created a new document, I tried to make the frame title bar disappear by setting: cs.style = WS_DLGFRAME; in function PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs). Unfortunately, the title bar was still there, although no more caption. I also tried setting: cs.style &= ~WS_CAPTION; and some other combinations, no luck. Could anyone tell me how to do it? Or, can we do it? Thanks. You need to remove WS_CAPTION style. You can do it in Precreatewindow and for mainframe do it after it ha...

setting a date type field to null
I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its value to null but I get an error. Dim HoldDate as date Holddate = "" I have several other fields that are text that are obviously fine, but I am not sure how to set a default for the date type field. I need to initialize the field after I write a record out before processing new records Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -- KSH On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:06:00 -0800, KSH wrote: > I have defined a variable in my vba code as date. I am trying to set its > value to null but I get an error. &g...

No print settings in Excel HTML files
Is there a way to prevent users from printing the HTML files that are created from an Excel workbook ? I see there is html code to do this, but I don't know how to put that into the Excel workbook so that it is always there when the files are updated (which they are frequently). ...

Can We Use "cout" in MFC? How About "string"?
How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about string maria("lennox")? None of them works. Please explain; maria Why in the world would you want to? Where do you think it is going to put it? For debug tracing, see my Logging Listbox Control on my MVP Tips site. joe On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:19:44 -0400, maria <<>> wrote: >How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about >string maria("lennox")? >None of them works. Please explain; > >maria Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http:...

how do I set up a teas graph?
I need to set up a teas graph, which is a triangular graph with each axis being a different parameter. Found this http://sul-server-2.stanford.edu/byauth/burke/solpar/solpar7.html through Google. Can't comment on how the parameters are derived, but the plot appears to be a pretty standard ternary diagram. Excel doesn't have the capability built into it to rotate the Y axis (some other plotting programs do); Excel insists that the Y axis should be 90 degrees relative to the X axis. I occasionally need to plot ternary diagrams, and either use a right triangle or hide the y-axis and...