Can I see a 3 page view in Publisher?

I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each
side.  Is it possible to do this in Publisher?
0
km4952 (20)

Sure you can do it. What stock size do you have in mind? Do you plan to have two
folds, much like a brochure?  When you setup a newsletter like this, whatever is
on the right on the front will be on the left on the back. In other words if the
newsletter is 1 - 2 - 3 , when you turn the page over to print the back should
be 4 - 5 - 6.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each
> side.  Is it possible to do this in Publisher?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
9/14/2007 9:37:24 PM
The only way I seem to be able to see 3 connected pages (ie, a 25 1/2 in x 11
in piece of paper) is to do a banner.  Is there any way to "connect" 3 pages
together in publisher.  I seem to only be able to connect 2 pages together.

Kristin

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Sure you can do it. What stock size do you have in mind? Do you plan to have two
> folds, much like a brochure?  When you setup a newsletter like this, whatever is
> on the right on the front will be on the left on the back. In other words if the
> newsletter is 1 - 2 - 3 , when you turn the page over to print the back should
> be 4 - 5 - 6.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each
> > side.  Is it possible to do this in Publisher?

0
km4952 (20)
9/14/2007 10:22:08 PM
Actually you are not going to be able to see a three page spread. You are going
to have to layout your newsletter with one sheet on the screen. Use the Arrange
menu for setting up the columns. (Three pages). Do you have 25�" stock?

By the way I gave you wrong information in the previous post, the back should be
6 - 5 - 4.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> The only way I seem to be able to see 3 connected pages (ie, a 25 1/2 in x 11
> in piece of paper) is to do a banner.  Is there any way to "connect" 3 pages
> together in publisher.  I seem to only be able to connect 2 pages together.
>
> Kristin
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Sure you can do it. What stock size do you have in mind? Do you plan to have
>> two
>> folds, much like a brochure?  When you setup a newsletter like this, whatever
>> is
>> on the right on the front will be on the left on the back. In other words if
>> the
>> newsletter is 1 - 2 - 3 , when you turn the page over to print the back
>> should
>> be 4 - 5 - 6.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "KM" <KM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to create a newsletter that is 3 full connected pages on each
>> > side.  Is it possible to do this in Publisher?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Can I use a Report expression for queries?
Is it possible to use the following expression that is used in reports on queries? =[Sales]/Sum([Sales])*100 Or some expression to get the result. Thank you. No. In your query, you can refer to text boxes on a form, but not on a report. That's because of the way reports are formatted (sequentially.) Forms have a current record, which identifies which value you want. Reports don't. In the context of a query, there are other ways to get totals, such as DLookup(): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html or a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html -- Allen Browne ...

Can't Eliminate Client Edge
I have a window derived from CWnd. I added the following code: int CPane::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { // Create our window lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle = lpCreateStruct->dwExStyle & ~WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE; if (CWnd::OnCreate(lpCreateStruct) == -1) return -1; // Etc. Yes, the window appears with a visible client edge. And if I use Spy++, it reports that the window has the WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE style. I even tried calling SetWindowLong but that has no effect. Does anyone have any ideas why my window insists on having a client edge? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wo...

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

Resizing controls #3
I'm trying to preserve the location and size of a CWnd object usually CBitmap. There are functions that inadvertantly change the size of the object and I need to restore that original size without messing up the location of the control. All the code I've tried to write to fix this issue has not worked but screwed up the location and preserved the size at best. Is there an algorithm that will address this issue? Ideally I'd like a CRect object saved with the coordinates with respect to the main window and the ability to set those coordinates at some later time. jeremyje@gmail.co...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

reverse page numbers
I am trying to lay out a booklet in English and Hebrew, and would like it to open and read from right to left. Is there an easy way to number the pages in the opposite way a regular booklet in English would be? ...

Journal View
I can't get "job title" and "business phone" fields to fill up from the client data. I can get start, company, contact, and notes. Help? Graham ...

Viewing IMAP messages #2
I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails. When I click on an email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message before I download the attachment - Is this possible? Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment - especially a pain if I am CC into some mail. Regards Andy --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Ve...

How to turn off automatic resizing of the view to fit selected obj
When I select objects that partially fall outsize the current window (becasue I have zoomed in on a particular detail), PPT automatically resizes my view. This makes drawing/editingn of small objects in a larger drawing tedious and time consuming. In past versions of PPT this did not happen. How can I turn-off this automatic resizing of the zoom factorview ? PPT 2007, right? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. That will fix it. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/...

Making cards --2 to a 8 1/2 x 11 page
I want to make cards to send out for memorials, etc. I want 2 cards to a page, top folded 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. What happened to the old Picture It! Publisher 2001? Do you want to make these cards in Publisher? If you do, look at page setup, folded card, tent card, width 4.25, height 5.5. Publisher will say it will print two pages per sheet -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "A Holt" <A Holt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F75EEF-B186-4960-9AEB-AF1C678492B7@microsoft.com... >I want t...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

Reverse Page Numbering
Hi, I'm not sure this can be done, but ... going to ask anyway. XP Pro SP3 and Office 2002. Is there a way to reverse the order of pages in a Word document? Last page becomes first, next to last becomes next, and so on. Instead of 1, 2, 3, .... the physical appearance changes to 42, 41, 40 ... 3, 2, 1. I have a Word document which is displayed 'upside down': In other words, the LAST page is page 1, next to last is page 2, and so on down to the first page, which is page 42, but at the bottom of the file; last page shown. This is meant to be an onscreen refere...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi, What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present in a workbook? Thanks, Craig Dim Sht as object set sht = nothing on error resume next set sht = activeworkbook.sheets("somesheetnamehere") on error goto 0 if sht is nothing then msgbox "nope" else msgbox "yep" end if Craig Brandt wrote: > > Hi, > > What is a simple way to check to see if a sheet of a given name is present > in a workbook? > > Thanks, > Craig -- Dave Peterson Dave: Thanks for the quick response. Works like a champ, Craig &q...

How can i use DAO Application
Hello freinds I have a software which is made in MFC and connected with MS Access 97 through DAO(Direct Access Object via MS jet Engine). Now i want to use same software for Postgresql and wanted to connected it through ODBC. Problem is that Old software has been developed for DAO,all main file like ,recordset,view doc r made for DAO. If i want to make it in ODBC,my classes like Set ,view Doc and other would be generated for ODBC. I dont know any option to use same software, Should i write whole software from the begining? I need ur help. thanks Sheikh ...

3 instances of outlook in task manager
XP pro box office2000 with all the latest service packs. Outlook disappears and appears to be closed but three instances are running in task manager Stop top outlook.exe process and the other two open. Help ...

Can this be done
I use a 'closed' Citrix Metaframe delivered Outlook system at work and have no control over how it is configured. I can't even access my calandar/email from the internet - only when I'm in the office. What I want to do is somehow auto-forward my appointments from work to my home Outlook program/email address and populate my home calendar with my work meetings/schedule etc.... Can this be done ? Thanks in advance August The following article is all about synchronizing Outlook data between machines -- perhaps you'll find what you're looking for (there are 3rd part...

how can I see graphic in publisher doc as I work
When working on a publisher doc if I insert clip art it is not visible. It prints oK and shows in print preview, but not on the working doc. I have tried "view-pictures" every setting. I have updated drivers for graphic card but no joy. I use Office 2003 Professional XP home edition ...

how can I get a publisher file to acrobat reader
I have a Regestration Form created in publisher 2003. When a confrence addtendee signs on to our web site they need to be able to click on a file (acrobat reader) Hopfuly, and download it and print it so they can fill out the form and mail it off. (I say acobat reader because that seems to be the most common way it's done. I dont see an export in publisher or a inport to acrobat. how can i make this happen You will need a third party program to create the pdf file. Adobe Acrobat but it's spendy or a freebee i.e., Primopdf or another commercial program of modest cost, i.e., PDF-XC...

how can i make my page look like a page from a yearbook?
I have multiple photos that I need to get onto one page, all the same size and can't find a template for it! What version Publisher? If you are using 2003 or 07 the catalog merge maybe what you are needing. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx If it is simply a one page, create a table, with your cursor in a cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brit" <Brit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D9C84F-F82E-474A-A18F-67A3B...

Publisher 2003 won't print
I have just taken over writing a newsletter which is 8 pages with LOTS of photos and graphics. It needs to be converted to a pdf file for publishing on our web site. I tried using Publisher 2003 this last month and after many days of putting the newsletter together and getting it just the way I wanted it, it totally failed to convert! It wouldn't print to my HP 6110 All-In-One Printer either! My computer is a PC with XP and service packs 1, 2 and 3. I am using Adobe 8.0.1. What could be wrong? I was able to copy (with much exasperation) the whole thing on to Word 2003 just to get it ...

I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice
Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the passive voice check? ...

A Customized View in Microsoft Project Professional 2003 on the EP
Dear Sir or Madam, In our company, we use MSP 2003 in a EPM. Planners customize a specific view(table and screen) and whenever they connect to the server, they want to have their own view(for instance, name, start, duration, baseline start...and on the screen comparison between plan and baseline bars and so on). I tried to develop a new table and then a new view and set it as a default view, but this is not the ultimate solution; since I want to have customized bar chart always and old projects get open in the old format. Could you please give me a hand? Regards Saeed ...

Saving as web page for workbook with frozen panes
I have tested saving workbook with frozen panes as a web page but can't get it to save all tabs while freezing the upper pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Save, it will save the entire workbook with all of the tabs, but WILL NOT freeze the top pane. When I choose file, save as, Web, Publish, it will save only one tab, and but WILL freeze the top pane. All suggestions welcome! ...