Can I replace word by word in italics?

Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to
replace a word by the same word in Italics?
-- Marv

Not in Publisher, but you can in Word using wildcards. Might try copy/paste into
Word, do the editing, copy/paste back into Publisher

Help here
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"WISEMANOFNARNIA" <COHENMARVIN@LYCOS.COM> wrote in message
> Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to
> replace a word by the same word in Italics?
> -- Marv

0
mary.sauer (2018)

How can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most
I have a Database where tables are linked back to the master data tables. The main entry/edit form has a section (as shown) the new Carer record is entered using a separate form then the detail is called from the main form using a combo box. My problem is that the newly entered Carer data does not appear in the list of carers. F9 does not work, closing and re-opening the main form does not work. When I check the item is listed in the Carer table. My question is how can I update the data listed in the combo box to show the most recent record. I would be really grate...

can I free digital id?
http://www.thawte.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Brenda515" <Brenda515@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote Nothing, but fortunately, the crystal ball is working this morning. ...

Total in Words Sales Invoice
Hello everybody, I'm modifying the invoice layout with Report Writer, my problem is the following, how can put the total in words? Best Regards Ellery, You could use the RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumber System user-defined function or the RW_Convert_To_Words_And_Numbers Payroll user-defined function in Report Writer. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers Convert currency value to Words and Numbers, using descriptive terms from the Currency ID supplied. { -----------------------------------------------------------------------} function returns string OUT_string; in currency IN_Value; { Value ...

How can I get notified whenever a certain excel file is updated (.
I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? Hi Ann Maybe you can use this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "AnnL@work" <AnnL@work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8B27CA8-5448-4E66-BB88-7A6B4F415C88@microsoft.com... >I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated > (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? ...

how can I email the results and aviod getting an "Update the sheet?" message?
I have a worksheet containing several sheets many of which are "linked" by formulae embedded in certain cells. Many of the sheets contain a table showing the results. These tables are formatted to have colours etc and to generally "look nice" I often have to email the data tables from only one or two of those sheets but it seems tha twhen the recipients get them and open them, they get a message telling them that the sheets are linked to another source and asking them " do you want to update the cells" (or wording similar to that) Apart from simply cutting and p...

I can't find the INVOICE TOOLBAR
I'm using the Invoice template which has an "autonumber" button. It requires me to open the INVOICE TOOLBAR which I can't find. It does not show in the list of toolbars. Hi AhSee i've not used the invoice template provided by MS .. but i have written an alternative system to give people an some ideas if they'ld like to create their own invoice / ordering system ... if you'ld like a copy of it, email me direct julied @ hctsdotnet dotau Cheers JulieD "AhSee" <AhSee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CBF5420-5EFD-42FD-8A22-B...

How do I format a number in a currency format in word
I am doing a mail merge using number fields from an excel pread sheet. How can I format them like currency i.e. $1,287.22. Can the execl format be passed to word? Can this be done or must I use the field edit and use the \# switch ? Convert it to a Text field is one one way. F1: =TEXT(E1,"_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* ""-""??_);_(@_)") http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If you are more familiar with MS Word than with Excel Control Word from Excel [-- http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbaolecontrolword --] Send...

how can I change color cursor? Legally blind, contrast important.
how can I change color cursor? Legally blind, contrast important. I am pretty sure you can't, but you may find some combination of Windows accessibility options that would help make it more visible to you. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "vokmaar van waag...

Can I *easily* rename folders?
Am using Outlook 2002. I made a few backups (using export function), and they all got the name "Personal Folder" which makes it hard to distinguish what's open if I open all of them up along with others. Of course, for future ones, now I tell it during the export process to use a different name like "Personal Folder Backup1", etc. But is there an easy way to just rename the existing ones I've got? ....without opening ,re-exporting to new name, then deleting old name? Thanks Add all the desired PST files to your profile in Outlook through File | Data File Mana...

Same database can not opened in the other computer.
Hello, I found it now that my church database can be run in my office computer, but when I run it in my laptop I can not oper it with the erorr message: The document filename.mdb caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would youlike to continue opening it?". Is this the work of Virus, I have McAffee antivirus in my laptop. Thanks for any help -- Frank Situmorang Hi Frank, Have you tried bringing a copy from the computer at your church to replace your existing copy at home? Perhaps your copy is corrupted. Note: It would be best to stick to the thr...

how can I set a default language in PPT2007?
unlike Word, PPT does not appear to let the user define a default language that is used throughout a complete ppt document. PPT picks up the language from your keyboard. You can specify the language on your placeholders. Go to View | Slide Master, select the various placeholders, then choose the language for them on the Review tab. You can use the code at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468 to change the language throughout the presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/...

Excel 97 Can't setup page to print Landscape
I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 97 to HP 4000 and 5000 printers. When using Excel, I can not change the page setup to print landscape. When the radio button for Landscape is pressed, the print preview and the print job are still printed in portrait. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall of Office. Thanks in advance Joan ...

how can i print a preview of a right hand page
In a publisher document I want to print preview a right hand page, but all I can preview are left hand pages Are you trying to print or simply wanting to view? What version Publisher are you using? How do you have your publication setup? If you just want a preview in 2007... File, print, type the page number, print preview. You can cancel out of this screen. Do you have the page sorter status bar on the bottom of your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fiona farthingale" <fiona farthingale@disc...

How can I request to create a new Formula?
The fomula is a mix of VLOOKUP and SEARCH: =VSEARCH(A1;table1!A:A;2;false) In the A1 is the Text “Shell GmbH” In the A2 is the Text “Deutsche Shell” In the A3 is the Text “Shell LTD.” In Table1 Colum A it says Shell In Table1 Colum B it says Shell Group The result would be that the formula would give back always “Shell Group”. The option “true” would even accept “Shel” or “Schell” Thanks, Eckhard ...

Publisher vs Word 2002
I am currently using Word 2002 to make up facsimile copies of old catalogs. These are mostly graphics and can bee from 15-150 pages. The documens are big, 200MB and larger, but are very simple in design, usually just one bif image per page, sometimes with headers and footers.. I need the ability to have headers and footers, sometimes with page numbers. Would I benefit by moving to Publisher? If so, in what ways? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from JB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am currently using Word 2002 to make up...

Can Someone Please Tell Me What's Going On
=IF(RC[-5]="","",RC[-5]+RC[-4]) =IF(RC[-11]="","",IF(RC[-1]="","",IF(RC[-11]=RC[-1],"+","-"))) =IF(RC[-1]="","",IF(RC[-1]<RC[-4],"u",IF(RC[-1]>RC[-4],"o",IF(RC[-1]=RC[-4],"p")))) In all of my formulas in all of my workbooks (that I've been working on) there is this "RC." I have no earthly idea what this is or what it means. It's in every formula multiple times. I can't even figure out my own formulas, although they do seem...

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

How can I trasnfer my contacts from Palm to outlook?
I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to Outlook is it possible? Mirta Ortiz Ortega <Mirta Ortiz Ortega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to > Outlook is it possible? With the sync tool that came with your Palm it should be. -- Brian Tillman ...

Word can not load e-mail envelope
The above error has recently started with Word 2003 when I click the "email" button to send a document as the email body, not as an attachment. Previously this function worked. The "send as an attachment" works. I have found a KB entry, but its solution did not work. I'm using Outlook 2003 as my default email editor. Thanks for any help and suggestions. Jim ...

how can i build a three variable data table in excel ?
I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Hi not really sure what you mean with this. Could you give an example? "Solario" wrote: > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. Maybe?? dim myTable(1 to 2, 1 to 8, 1 to 17) as variant mytable(1,1,1) = "hi" mytable(1,1,2) = "there" ..... mytable(2,8,17) = "whew! that's a lot of entries" Solario wrote: > > I know it is feasible but I can't figure out how to do it. -- Dave Peterson ...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Re: Outlook 2003, can it look like OXP?
The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay the way they are off to the left. -Patrick "John Smith" <etacr11inst@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e3LvfVUpDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > The Preview Pane is now called the reading Pane. Go to the View drop > down menu, go to Reading Pane submenu, select Bottom. The layout will > be more like XP. The Folder List and the outlook Bar buttons will stay > the...

XP-SP3 How can I be sure to keep it.
I currently have a Dell Reinstallation CD for XP Pro - SP2. I recently had to use it and was able to reinstall Windows without any problems. After installation I used the Windows Update site to get all the current updates. I believe I've read here that after July, 2010 SP2 will no longer be supported. If I have use my OEM disk after July will I still be able to download Service Pack 3 from Windows Update? or should I go ahead and download the iso file from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2FCDE6CE-B5FB-4488-8C50-FE22559D164E&displaylang=en and c...

Messages with accentuated words
I'm using the English version of Outlook 2003 with MS Word as my e.mail editor. I also have MS Proofing Tools installed. My problem is that I receive messages in several languages that use accents (French, Spanish and Portuguese mainly). I usually don't have troubles reading them, but the messages from certain senders never have accents. Instead, the accentuated word is replace by a seemingly non-related letter. However, when I view the message source, the text shows up correctly with all accents. This seems to be a sender-specif problem, because I always have this problem wi...