Can I replace word by word in italics?

Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to
replace a word by the same word in Italics?
-- Marv

Not in Publisher, but you can in Word using wildcards. Might try copy/paste into
Word, do the editing, copy/paste back into Publisher

Help here
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"WISEMANOFNARNIA" <COHENMARVIN@LYCOS.COM> wrote in message
> Is there a search/replace feature in Publisher that allows you to
> replace a word by the same word in Italics?
> -- Marv

0
mary.sauer (2018)

can i delete the last 3 characters in each cell in a column in 1 .
I have a column of names followed by a number. Obviously the names are of different lengths but the numbers are consistent, so i need to remove say 8 chars from the right of each filed in the column. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember how! D'oh! In an empty column, enter this formula (assuming your names are in column A and all the numbers are 8 characters long) =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 8) - works if there are no spaces between the name & numbers =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 9) - works if there is one space between the name & numbers "homer" wrote:...

Viewing error: can only see in Full Screen
Hi all, TIA for the help. I've had 2 users in the last month or so say that when they open their sheet, it only displays a grey screen. Once i flip it to View > Full Screen, the sheet comes up. Any solutions? Thanks, Kevin M ...

Replacating successive dates a week at a time?
My work week starts on Tuesday. I would like to have my worksheet show column A-1 row starting with the date 05/25/04, the A-2 cell immediately below it 06/01/04 and so on. Can I replicate this with out having to type the date for each successive Tuesday through the year? With appreciation Jerry (newbie to Excel) Hi Jerry, Assuming, A1=05/25/04 Put this formula in A2 and copy it down as far as you need to: =A1+7 Hope this helps! In article <unNAalPREHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "JER" <jer@home> wrote: > My work week starts on Tuesday. I would like to h...

track changes window is too big...can't select "okay" or "apply"
I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen? Does anyone know what I can do? I can't think what you mean by "track changes window"? Do you maybe have your changes in a panel instead of underlines & strikeouts within the text? Version of Word? On Jan 20, 12:07=A0pm, gg <g...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't scroll down and window is already moved to the top of the screen?= =A0 > Does anyone know what I can do? ...

Excel; How can I use Query to create lists from separate workbooks
Hello, I have 5 worksheets in 1 workbook with purchasing data in them. The sheets have some different fields, but all contain a Filing No, Date, Vendor Name, Description, Department No, Account No, and Amount. I would like to pull the above information and place it into a master list based on Department No. and Account No. criteria (Ex; If (DepartmentNo=431110 and AccountNo=560420) = True, then insert into list) I thought that creating a database query was a promising solution. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. I can get query to properly pull entries from a single sheet. W...

create button to replace the lookup field of 1-* relationship
Hi, I want to create a button on a form, for the entity being on the many side of a 1-* relationship. For some reason, I want that button instead of using the lookup field. So clicking that button should do exactly the same and thus open the related primary object. So in the Javascript in isv.config, I need to know how to get the GUID of the primary objet. url = '/userdefined/edit.aspx?id={???}&etc=100xx' How can I achieve this? Thank you, The type and id members of the lookup control item should contain these values: var lookup = crmForm.all.your_lookup_field; if ((loo...

Word wrap in the list box or ctrl list.
Hi! Is there a way to make a long line of text word wrap in the list box? I would like to move rest of text to second line if needed, but still be part of the same item. Thanks for any help! Second way: I would like that the whole item be visible when I do "on mouse over" this item which is visible only in small part. After I put cursor over my item (only part content is visible ) it should show all content. These are two slightly different questions. First: there are many ways of doing word wrap but I prefer the lazy way out. First, I do an owner-draw-variable listbox. I c...

Trying to delete multiple cells that contain a specific word (not equation)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate it. Within a column there are 115+ cells that contain a specific word that I need to delete all those cells. Is there something as easy as find and delete, rather than find and replace? I can't believe that I have to delete each cell individually. On 3/9/10 10:52 AM, JeanM@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to > export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate ...

word document not letting me type anything ..help please!
son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyone help? Can you select text? If so, the simplest thing would be to just select everything (ctr + A) and copy and paste it into a new document. There are some other things you could try if that doesn't work. Which version of Word are you using? "lizzydove" wrote: > son doing MacBeth homework on word document.it has been saved,we need to add > more stuff to it..BUT we can not get the text to work on it..can anyo...

How can I create global hyperlinks?
Hello all, I have been working on a network diagram for my company. I want to be able to drill down from our overall server floor image to individual racks, by inserting hyperlinks into my drawing. However, the hyperlinks seemingly only work on my local computer, meaning that others would have to insert the hyperlinks themselves. Is there any way I can place a hyperlink on an object that can be seen universally? The drill down function would seem handicapped if there was no way to do such. Note: I think I've developed a workaround. I'm going to insert pages, copy and paste dr...

Rank function
You have a list of values in column A and you want their ranks (1 against the highest value and so on) in column B. The Rank function does this. However with tied values, the function gives such values the same rank - the lowest of the ranks they would have got. It would be much more useful to give tied values the mean of the ranks they would have got. (For example you'd have a check on the sum of the ranks.) Is it possible to do this? I'm reasonably sure this has been answered before. Check the google.com archives of the XL NGs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel ww...

Can we change cell color programatically?
Hi all I'm using Excel 2003. Does Excel allow me to change the fill-color of a cell based upon the contents of that cell? For example: If the formula of a cell calculates its value to be less then, say, 100, I'd like to fill-color that cell to Green. Otherwise I'd like to color that cell with no color. Is this possible? Thanks -Mike Take a look at Format|Conditional formatting. You can specify up to 3 rules (and formats) as well as the "normal" format. Mike wrote: > > Hi all > > I'm using Excel 2003. > Does Excel allow me to change the fill...

Differences in Word between Office 2007 Editions
I want to buy Office 2007, but I don't want to pay for more than I need. I only require Word, Excel and Powerpoint, so I could theoretically buy the Home and Student edition. However!!!!!! With Office 2003, I bought the Small Business Edition, but the version of Word in that was not the "full" version. I wanted to edit XML files and I discovered the following text via the help function: "XML features, except for saving documents as XML with the Word XML schema, are available only in Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 or the standalone product of ...

Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc?
I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. I want to install vs2010 beta2. Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same pc? -- Message posted via http://www.dotnetmonster.com Hello, According to http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/10/19/vs-2010-and-net-4-0-beta-2.aspx it is supported... -- Patrice "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : a0ae4fb15d388@uwe... > I used VS2008 with frameword3.5. > > I want to install vs2010 beta2. > > Can I install vs2010 and vs2008 at the same p...

Can be done?
Hello all, ok i am a newbie yadda yadda and I have 4 tables that I want to be loaded into one datagrid depending on the users selection in a combobox. I have set AutoGenerateColumns="True" so that the datagrid can format the return data however it wants to. I have created a stored procedure that I want to take the value of the the combobox so that it knows the right data to return to the datagrid. Can all of this be done? I have am stopped at the point of when I click on the combobox i want it to call the SP and fill datagrid with dynamcic data. Every example i se...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

Word 2003 Form Fields
Greetings, I am using Word Form fields in a Word 2003 document. One Calculation Form Field adds several form fields for a total. My user wants a solution, possibly a check box, so that when the box is checked, the Total in the Calculation Form Field is reduced by half. If the box is not checked, the full total will display. The solution cannot be a macro because of firm policies. Does anyone have any creative ideas (non-macro) about how this could be accomplished. Thanks in advance. You CANNOT do it WITHOUT using a Macro. Who ever it was in the firm that said m...

Can not compose or respond a message in OWA 2003
We are using Exch. 2k3 SP1 in a W2k3 Server. Our clients are XP SP2 and some of them can not compose a new message or respond a message because their IE got with a X in the field one is sopouse to write. I compared one "good" PC with one "bad" and all the IE settings are the same. We are using IE 6 SP1. PLease help me because I have used more than a day trying to get an answer but cnow am frozen. MR Marcos, I have the same problem but no solution yet. I saw your post after I posted my question. Here's the link to my message if you wanna keep an eye on it if someo...

Can I delete an email file from M:?
Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? Will exchange be able to track the changes? Thanks for the help ahead of time. That is not a good idea�I Strong recomend you do not directly access Exchagne IFS(M:) -- Jammy "ctrlgrid" <jkit001@yahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D :4f9d64d8.0410252347.662bbc48@posting.google.com... > Is it possible to delete a file/folder from the M: drive directly? > Will exchange be able to track the changes? > > Thanks for the help ahead of time. It is possible to do so. Not sure what you mean by will Exchange track ...

Outlook 2007 Can't receive email messages
I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Julio wrote: > I am not able to receive emails through my pop3 account, I can only send. I > keep getting the enter your password pop up window. Please help, thank you. Have you tried using the same login credentials recorded or used in Outlook when using the webmail interface to your e-mail account? Using the webmail client will let you know if the login credentials are correct and haven't been changed. If the logi...

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Paste hyperlink in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I Insert > Hyperlink the dialog box pops up. I always was able to cut and paste or drag the URL into the &quot;Link to&quot; box. Now all is grayed out. How can I cut and paste or drag to this box? The Menus & Toolbars are typically not available when foreground dialog windows are open. Use the standard cut/copy/paste keystrokes: Copy: Command+C Cut: Command+X Paste: Command+V HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/21/10 12:11 PM, in article 59bb73c1.-1@webcros...

publishing a report in Word
I have created a report in Access that I want to be able to put into a Word document. When I have the report open, I click the W in the top menu and it makes the Word file for me perfectly, except that my report has a picture at the top of it which is my company logo and this logo does not show up in the Word file. can i somehow get this logo that is on the report to show up in the Word file as well? Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 13:01:03 -0800, RyanF17 <RyanF17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Experiment with different controls to put the logo in, such as the Image control and the ...

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Can i let 1(one) person see the adress lists
Hi all (I really hope you can help me on this) I have one user who needs to control who is on the lists on the exchange server. I have hide the users who is on the lists from the domain users becausethey change the users and cause trouble. Is there any way that i can give this one user access to still view who is on the lists and control/add/delete if she needs to.Please, please tell me this is possible as it would make my life MUCH easier Thanks eveyone On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:43:00 +0200, "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote: >Hi all &g...