Can I print different labels in each column?

Hi,
  Great tips...I'm trying to make nametags inexpensively for children and
want to be able to have a name and security number on one column and just a
security number on the other column.  I'm using a 2 column template from
avery and each cloumn would be the same for the entire page.
Any ideas?
Chris
0
V (85)

 Best way is to setup two different mail merge data bases, one with the name and
number and the other with just the number.
What Avery template are you using? Are they sticky labels?

Create a mail merge
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chris V" <Chris V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>  Great tips...I'm trying to make nametags inexpensively for children and
> want to be able to have a name and security number on one column and just a
> security number on the other column.  I'm using a 2 column template from
> avery and each cloumn would be the same for the entire page.
> Any ideas?
> Chris

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Adding columns automatically based on worksheets
MVPs In a workbook, I have initially 2 sheets. Sheet1 contains information about sheet2 which is reflected in Column B. How can I automatically add a column (column C, D, etc..) of information if I add another sheet3, Sheet4, etc.. Meaning, I want to be able to freely add sheet3, sheet4 and in sheet1 columns would be automatically be created based on these new sheets. ...

Can outlook have two completely seperate users from same computer?
In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that each cannot access the others account information and also so that emails sent to my account cannot be opened through her account.... almost I guess as i had two different outlooks on my computer thank you In news:7A4A32AD-E398-4945-BA92-6B9D53F1ADD1@microsoft.com, Hayley <Hayley@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > In Outlook I would like to have to completely seperate users so that > each cannot access the others account information and also so that > emails sent to my account cannot be opened through he...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

Adding columns to item table
Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in adding additional columns to tables in the database? I'm already using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. I don't need to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I just need to be able to access it through SQL queries. I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems? <tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce05743c-7ca2-49cc-89da-815d91c77e4d@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

Invoice print order
Can invoices be printed in customer NAME order? Laura, I don't believe so. The reason I don't believe that will work is that the sort is hard coded in Dexterity and while I haven't tested this in a while, I'm pretty sure the "sort by" clause as issue by Dexterity will override any user added sorts. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC967CD-80DC-431A-AA4F-F1FBC75F88F4@microsoft.com... >...

be able to print indivually different labels on multiple label sh.
hi i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a multiple label sheet, any ideas regards greg Do you mean different addresses on the labels or be able to print one label as needed and tell it which label you want to use? (I do the latter in Word.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:740CB634-47E8-4EEC-BE75-768932495A30@microsoft.com... > hi > i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a > multiple > label sheet, > any ideas > regards > g...

Problem when printing. Default color is black but should be color
Hi. I have two network printers instaled in my computer. One is named as black and only prints in black and the other is color and prints and color. The black printer is the default. when I'm in excel and I wnat to print in color I choose the color printer. The problem is that for some reason the default type of color of the color printer change to black. but in printer properties the color type is color. I tried in word but everything is ok. So my question is, why does excel changes my default color type to black instead of using the default type witch is color. Regards, Marco M...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Can't give access to new Test Company on GP10
I created an additional company on GP10 which I called TEST. Through SQL Server, I restored a backup file of our production database to test. Then I went into GP > User Access Setup, and tried to assign access to the TEST company to users, but it would not allow it. The message read, "The user could not be added to one or more databases." I created the new company as sa, and sa does have access to the TEST company. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Have you tried going into SQL server and removing all the permissions from the Test database before going into...

Report printing block
Problem: I can't print reports. The "print report" button does not work. The print set up button will allow me to change set up for checks but will not pop up for "reports". I suspect that it is blocked by some popup blocker software that I installed and since uninstalled. I tried re-loading the 2003 Money software with no change in result. Does anybody know how to unblock a pop up menue. Or, is this not the problem. Please help. Thanks ...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

How can a set an alarm in Excel?
I don't know if this is possible, but I figured I would ask: I have a spreadsheet that I work with that shows the schedules of my students; each different place my student goes has its own row, so a student may have many rows if they have many activities. currently, i auto filter the day column to the current day so i can see what students have activities on that day, and when/where they are. i was wondering if i could set an alarm on the column labeled 'start time' that would pop a window up when any value in that cell matched the system time... is this possible?? thanks, -...

average of percentages between 1% and 100% in a column
Hello, I am trying to get the average of percentages within a column, but would like to exclude 0% and 100% from the formula. This is the formula I thought would work: {=AVERAGE(IF(AND(L1:L988>0,L1:988<100)))} (I read in an earlier post to hit ctrl+shift+enter to apply this type of formula) Thanks! Here is a way using sumproduct that does NOT need array entering =SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1)*E1:E100)/SUMPRODUCT((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100 <1)) or array enter this =AVERAGE(IF((E1:E100>0)*(E1:E100<1),E1:E100)) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com &qu...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Segrigation of different datas from one colum
Hi , I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to different colums. For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then How can we do it . Hi Roy- Providing a sample of the type of data you are working with (whatever you want to segregate, also called "parsing") would be helpful in order to provide you more direction. You can definitely extract data from a Word document, but how efficient it is will vary depending on how your Word document was set up...

How do i set up a budget with self totalling column
I have made a basic budget with columns Date, Money in, Money out, Balance what I want to know is if there is a way for me to put a formula in the Balance column which will recognise if there is a number in the in r out column and if it is in the IN to add it to te previous balance and if it is in the OUT to minus it from the previus balance Thanks I hope someone can help Kristie I also have a buget with the same basic column as you do. Here is what you need to do. At the very top of the balance column, put a BAL FORWARD. This amount can be zero, but can also be equal to the last bala...

Why does Outlook display text in yellow? How can i change it?
When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? Are you using stationery by any chance? -- Kathleen Orland "Wise Dog" <Wise Dog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D2FBAF7-2B2B-4C66-AE33-B2CA5A51B821@microsoft.com... > When pasting text into an e-mail, it appears in pale yellow. Sometimes, > parts of meesages from others are also yellow. How can I prevent this? ...

Can't paste text to a document because of macros
When I open a document in Word 07, and try to copy text to it it, I get a message that macros are disabled and to go to help for instructions. Instructions say to close the doc. and reopen with macros enabled. BUT it doesn't say HOW to do that. And, why is this happening all of a sudden and everytime I open a doc.? If this happens with all documents in Word, it's probably being caused by poorly designed code in an add-in (or in the Normal template). Did you install something recently? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "leslie7" <leslie7@discus...

How do I add category labels in a chart but keep series separate?
I'm trying to add axis labels to a bar chart but can't seem to do it unless I link my series together. If I do this then I can't put separate error bars on each bar. This is driving me crazy and any help would be great. Thanks!!! One way would be to create custom labels. I believe the technique used here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html could be duplicated with your chart. In summary, you create a dummy series that sits along the y-axis, have it display values (aka, your labels) and then hide the real y-axis. -- Best Regards, Luke ...

Can you offer a solution
I need to use an emailed form that can be populated and then the inf extracted into a particular format on one overall .csv file. Can macro type add in be used for the extraction?Any input as to the bes and easiest method of doing this would. be great. Sorry I am new a this. many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

how can i hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes
i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog() ,ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) but it cause a exceptaion.what should i do thanks I have found a way . Like this: if (m_bFlg) { ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); m_bFlg = false; } add it into OnPaint(). May be there someother way, let's find it. "cyperus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5FCB642-9078-441A-AF18-53091688E8FA@microsoft.com... > i want to hide my dialog when the dialog initilizes.i add this line in the function Mydialog::InitDialog(...

can you add a day counter for a colum and row
trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in stock. It would need to be able to use 1 coloum and each row in that colum. Hi Depends how you have your data set up, but assuming date into stock is column A =IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1) Format>Cell>Number>General Copy down as required -- Regards Roger Govier "poohgld" <poohgld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31454DD6-A5C5-40E3-A0E8-9F3827E73551@microsoft.com... > trying to add a day counter so I can see how long an item has been in > stock. > It wo...

how can I clear an apostrophy in front of number in excel
I know how to change formats - however I have a formatted cell for a 100 + rows that appear to have an apostrophy as a lead. While I don't see it, I am concluding that because changing formats to general or text is not removing the green box in corner and is not allowing me to do a vlookup using this column of info. try copying an unused empty cell. Select your data & edit/paste special, click Values & Add. "KCESS" <KCESS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7DF4106-9C51-4FEF-9C9A-A4E95BB1FBE8@microsoft.com... > I know how to change formats - h...