Can I make a timeline with MS Publisher?

I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like to 
make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the page 
to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow 
pointing to the right spot on the line.

Is this possible with MS Publisher
0
Randy1 (152)
8/29/2006 1:45:02 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 6 followers. Follow

5 Replies
410 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

Yes.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com...
>I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like 
>to
> make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the 
> page
> to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow
> pointing to the right spot on the line.
>
> Is this possible with MS Publisher 


0
jl_paules (2769)
8/29/2006 4:15:35 PM
Is there a template available for timelines or is done from scratch?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes.
> 
> -- 
> 
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> 
> 
> 
> 
> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com...
> >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would like 
> >to
> > make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the 
> > page
> > to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow
> > pointing to the right spot on the line.
> >
> > Is this possible with MS Publisher 
> 
> 
> 
0
Randy1 (152)
8/30/2006 11:46:02 AM
From scratch but if you check Google, you may find something you can work 
with.

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E1278732-530B-47C8-B8FB-1A4A89618530@microsoft.com...
> Is there a template available for timelines or is done from scratch?
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com...
>> >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would 
>> >like
>> >to
>> > make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of the
>> > page
>> > to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or arrow
>> > pointing to the right spot on the line.
>> >
>> > Is this possible with MS Publisher
>>
>>
>> 


0
jl_paules (2769)
8/30/2006 2:35:25 PM
JoAnn: The Microsoft Office support site has several templates for 
timelines.  Barry
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
news:vf-dnTvzTaSwP2jZnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@suscom.com...
> From scratch but if you check Google, you may find something you can work
> with.
>
> -- 
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
>
>
>
> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E1278732-530B-47C8-B8FB-1A4A89618530@microsoft.com...
>> Is there a template available for timelines or is done from scratch?
>>
>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com...
>>> >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would
>>> >like
>>> >to
>>> > make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of
>>> > the
>>> > page
>>> > to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or
>>> > arrow
>>> > pointing to the right spot on the line.
>>> >
>>> > Is this possible with MS Publisher
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>



0
cbj97 (29)
8/30/2006 10:03:36 PM
I've never had the need for a timeline so I've never researched that. My 
life seems to focus on what I'm doing right now. I can't be 100% certain 
about anything that's already happened or what's going to happen. Talk about 
living in the "here and now".  ;-)

-- 

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"Barry" <cbj97@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:eNR4oAIzGHA.4104@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> JoAnn: The Microsoft Office support site has several templates for 
> timelines.  Barry
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> news:vf-dnTvzTaSwP2jZnZ2dnUVZ_sWdnZ2d@suscom.com...
>> From scratch but if you check Google, you may find something you can work
>> with.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E1278732-530B-47C8-B8FB-1A4A89618530@microsoft.com...
>>> Is there a template available for timelines or is done from scratch?
>>>
>>> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Yes.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>>
>>>> JoAnn Paules
>>>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:BDEE0643-5BB9-409F-BD79-E5FD045A8B2D@microsoft.com...
>>>> >I am interested in making a Timeline for a website. The type I would
>>>> >like
>>>> >to
>>>> > make has a center line running down the middle (running from top of
>>>> > the
>>>> > page
>>>> > to the bottom) and the important date to each side with a line or
>>>> > arrow
>>>> > pointing to the right spot on the line.
>>>> >
>>>> > Is this possible with MS Publisher
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> 


0
jl_paules (2769)
8/30/2006 11:24:40 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Can you insert a picture into a specific cell?
Or do they only "float" on the page. Marc They float over the worksheet, but you can adjust the size so that it seems to fit a cell exactly. If you insert a picture, you can hold the alt-key down while you move/resize the picture. When it gets close to the edge of a cell, it'll snap-to that edge. Marc wrote: > > Or do they only "float" on the page. > > Marc -- Dave Peterson ...

I want to unlock my word doc to make changes its protected
I am writing a word document the other night. I went to carry on with it tonight but found it has protected the document and won't let me continue writing or editing Word 2007? Assuming that you have activated Office, it seems your trial version of the application has expired. Time to pay the piper! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

Can't insert Char(1) into SQL Server from Stored Procedure
Hello I am trying to insert a char(1) field into a table from an ASP.Net/C# application. At first I was inserting rows into the table but none of the columns that I was inserting the rows into were char(1) columns, they were mostly int and varchar columns. Then I found out that there was one column in the list that was not supposed to be an int column but instead it was supposed to be one of the char(1) columns into the table. So I replaced the int column in the list with the char(1) column and since the value of the char(1) column resulted from a CheckBox ('Y...

number rounding in MS Excel
Hi, This may have been answered many times. In MS EXCEL is there a way that it calculates all numbers to 2 decimal digit accuracy instead of the 15 digit default? Thanks in advance for the answer. Hi You can set your decimal places in your cells as 2 and then check Precision As Displayed on the Tools / Options / Calculation page. Be careful though, it means what it says!! -- Andy. "mahusain" <abidh@bdnet.net> wrote in message news:ab59c6f6.0404200315.5196e8aa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > This may have been answered many times. > > In MS EXCEL is ther...

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

Can E-mail recipient policy be linked to the OU membership?
Running Exchange 2003 (mixed mode) and Windows 2003 server (Windows 2000 mixed mode): I'd like to create a e-mail recipient policy that is linked to the different OU's that are created on the system. Is it possible to link the policy to a specific OU or do I need to create groups on the AD to control which recipients a policy applies to? Martin Moustgaard Yes, you can create a recipient policy that looks to just a specific OU. It is done through LDAP queries. Here are some references to articles and whitepapers that discuss how to work with recipient policies. 249299.KB.EN-US HO...

Can't open 2005 data file after reinstalling Money 2005
I am experiencing a recurring problem. I have had to reinstall Windows XP and MS Money 2005. I am now unable to open my previously converted 2005 file or restore any backup version. I consistently get the following error message: "Money cannot locate filename or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write- protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and then Restore your most recent backup file." Any help or thoughts would be greatly ap...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

Printing double sided brochures in publisher
I am trying to print a tri-fold double sided brochure in Publisher - my problem is that the 2nd page prints upside down - how do you get both sides of the brochure to be printed the same direction? REDLED wrote: > I am trying to print a tri-fold double sided brochure in Publisher - my > problem is that the 2nd page prints upside down - how do you get both sides > of the brochure to be printed the same direction? If you're manually duplexing: Rotate the second page through 180° before reinserting it into the printer. If you're auto-duplexing: Change the options on ...

Opening publisher 97 with a later version
I have publisher 97 on my windows xp and it works fine. However, I had someone refine some work I had done and apparently they used a later version of Publisher because when I loaded their CD, I got the message "Publisher cannot load files from a different version" What can I do--does this mean I have to buy a later version to match the version he used, or do I have to buy one of those programs that can open other programs. If I do the later, will I be able to use my 97 version to make changes once I get the files open on the later version Thanks rjda Refer to http://www.mvps....

I cannot get the pictures to show on screen in Publisher web previ
I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to apply a master page? It is to be a one page web site. This is probably so basic but I am trying to teach myself how to use it. What do I have to do to have them show in preview and once uploaded? Thank you. Are you using FireFox to preview or IE? DavidF "rendul" <rendul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9B0A640-6C87-4E9A-8A0E-5F32F7DAC0DE@microsoft.com... >I have tried embedding and linked but nothing seems to work. Do I have to > apply a master page? It is to be a one ...

can i download lxce serv.exe
want to open message lxce serv.exe using windows xp ...

Office 2003 Service Pack 3--subsequent problems opening Publisher
I run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP. On June 13, I updated my system with Office 2003 Service Pack 3 so that I could open Word documents with the file ext docx. Subsequent to the Service Pack 3 installation, whenever I open a Publisher file (which I created), I get the following message: "Publisher has detected a problem in the file you are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted source and does not contain harmful information, click OK." What is causing this and is there a way to stop this pop-up message? All publications? Error message when you...

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.
Sorry for the new thread but even on Google, the thread isn't showing up. Well, it was SOOO easy, as I knew it would be. The webpage I quoted in my message this morning didn't mention the "New Menu" at all! So, here is the non-VBA way to create a custom menu: - TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE - under the categories available choose NEW MENU and then drag the NEW MENU option under the Commands window up to the menu bar (like D'UH!! <lol> Wish all those hours spent searching yielded webpages that gave this! <g>) - THEN one can go back to the MACROS category a few line...

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes
Hello all, I'm having some difficulty with Publisher 2007. Whenever I try to open a particular file, the program crashes. I get no error message, except that Publisher needs to close. I've run Office Diagnostics (twice), with no results. I can open other Publisher files. The file that I am trying to open is an internal website for the company I work for. This file began acting strangely a couple of weeks ago - it wouldn't insert a duplicate page for a while, but I found a workaround, so I didn't worry about it. However, now I think that it may be a part of a larger probl...

how many receivers i can add
i want to use outlook send 2000 thousands emails to 2000 peoples at the same time. can i put them all in the recivers and send them at one time? thank you for you help ...

Opening pub files created with older Publisher versions #2
I have just upgraded to Publisher 2003 from 2000 and am having trouble with pub files sent to me for our chuch newsletter which is using Publisher 97 The text is not wrapping around graphics boxes. Can I fix this? I really don't want to go back to Pub 200 Thank Richard this is caused by Publisher 97 not been printer independent. Even if you went back to Publisher 2000, unless you have the identical font versions and printer driver you would have issues with formatting. It sounds like the person sending you the file has a garbage HP inkjet printer. Get them to install the HP5P laser p...

how to make macro work even a sheet is hidden.
hello there I have macro assigned to a button in Sheet 1 which goes to sheet 2. Press a button to Refresh and then PRINT preview It does work in normal state. I do not want the user to see the Sheet 2. I hid sheets from Format-sheet-hide. but the macro is not working when sheet 2 is hidden. how to overcome this error "can't execute code in break mode" the macro code is Sub Print_Preview() Sheets("PaySlips2009-10").Select Application.Run "'Latest 2009Payslip.xls'!Sheet2.HURows" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview ...

running reports from MS CRM prompt for username and password
Senario: When running a report from Microsoft CRM client it prompts for username and password. When given it's runs the report correct question: if MS CRM 3 is configured correctly is it normal that when trying to generate a report in MS CRM prompt for username and password? No, ideally it should pass the users AD credentials to the reporting IIS server (single sign on). If you were to close the browser and run a different report does it still prompt for credentials? I've noticed this does also depend on the hostname. For instance if the reporting server uses a differe...

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003
It seems whenever the data source is altered, the merge code fields have to be reinserted in the Publisher document. Is this normal? The data source starts in Excel and is then saved as a .txt file to retain number formatting on final merge. ...

Creating Text Box in Publisher 2007 Crashes the Application
Hello, we have a clean install of Publisher 2007 under Windows XP SP2, and when we try to create a text box in a document, (both an existing document and a blank document), publisher crashes. Office is fully patched. I ran Office Diagnostics from the help menu and no problems were found and the issue persists. Any thoughts on how to resolve the issue? Thanks, Syd See if selecting a different printer as default helps. How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://of...

With and import tool can you change only item description?
Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of items. What about the extended description? Thanks for your help. Use the MS SQL Data Import Tool by EMS. $65.00. The QSImport Tool available to download from Microsoft will probably work but is not supported by Microsoft. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@removebmsar.com "Lisa" wrote: > Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of >...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula?
I am trying a "conditional formatting" on a cell that contains formula, but it didn't work. "If cell value is equal to 0 then font - white" This doesn't work, stays always. If i use this condition on a cell without formula it works just fine. Thank -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi are you sure your formula returns an exact zero?. Could you post the formul...

Can't configure Outlook Express
I had Outlook express set up for the Money newsgroup, but somehow I lost it. Now I even forgot how to set it up again. I always get the error message saying "server cannot be found". The server name I typed in was microsoft.public.money, and I am not sure what should I type in here Thanks for help In microsoft.public.money, wj wrote: >I had Outlook express set up for the Money newsgroup, but >somehow I lost it. Now I even forgot how to set it up >again. I always get the error message saying "server >cannot be found". The server name I typed in was &g...

MS Access 2007 code not running
I have created a brand new database in Access 2007 and linked some VB code to run on Form_Load. This code worked perfect with no problems the day I created it. Now today I opened the same form and it is not running the Form_Load code anymore (and yes it is still there, I did not delete it). I got frustrated so I copied and pasted the code to Form_Current and several On_Change events and set breakpoints at the beginning of all the events just to see if it was the Form_Load that was not triggering, but NO events are triggering my VB code. Any ideas? See this page: http://accessjunkie.com/fa...