Can I insert a ruler onto a word document?

I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the
side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a
better program to use?

Wrong newsgroup.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI
Construction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the
> side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a
> better program to use?

0
jl_paules (2768)
4/8/2009 2:43:22 PM
Where will you get the ruler, does it have to be accurate?
There is the CoolRuler download, maybe a screen capture? It is free.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/Cool-Ruler.shtml

I'm not sure Word is the best application for graphics, but if it is what you
have...

Vista has the Snipping Tool in the Accessories Menu you can use for a screen
capture. Works pretty good. SnagIt is better, there is a trial version
www.techsmith.com

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI Construction@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:6EF5A38A-3002-487D-9FC7-894ADAC9B90B@microsoft.com...
>I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the
> side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a
> better program to use?

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Setup can't start
Hi all, I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003. I have the following prerequesites : *Internet Information Services (IIS) installed and the services started. *Windows Indexing Service started on the installation computer. *Microsoft Message Queuing Service installed as a Message Queuing Server and started. *Active Directory� in native mode. *Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.0 installed. *The SQL Server service and SQL Server Agent started on the SQL Server computer (which is different than CRM) (Sql2000+Sp3a). The error I'm getting, just after having selected ...

Can I sort by date?
Can you sort by date only an not have to group also by Mon,Tue,ect.? I just want one long list of emails by date. TIA Yes. View > Arrange by > uncheck Show in Groups. Gregg Hill "Kilowatt" <Kilowatt@charter.net> wrote in message news:amsrt0lld26hsmf70gji9k4uk7ogo4ajsp@4ax.com... > Can you sort by date only an not have to group also by Mon,Tue,ect.? > I just want one long list of emails by date. > TIA That is the fix. Thanks ...

How can run an Excel macro program using DOS command?
I want to run an Excel macro program using batch job but I don't know what the DOS command is? Put the code in the Workbook_Open procedure of some workbook and use the DOS command to open the workbook. However, do be aware that depending on your security settings, XL may not enable the code at all or it might display a "this file contains macros" warning dialog box that will require human intervention. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <155ca01c41ae9$b4b37b20...

Help: I typed a message in Windows mail, saved it and can't find it!!!
Does anyone know how to find a message that was saved. After typing an important business email, I chose save & exit and then tried to retrieve the message. I can't find it. Any suggestions? ...

documenting the database
I need to get a list of all fields and their descriptions for our CRM database and output these into a CSV file. does anyone know of an easy/pre-existing way of doing this? Thanks v much Saira Hi Saira, Whilst not exportable to a CSV file, the easiest method is a website that comes with every deployment of Microsoft CRM which lists all the various entities and various attributes - this can be found at http://[your CRM server]/sdk/list.aspx and gives a basic UI for browsing from entity to entity. Otherwise I think the easiest way would be to either write a simple Application which ...

Document Connection

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

Can I determine which version of Exchange Server from Outlook?
Hi, Can I deteremine which version of Exchange Server my Outlook account goes through from within my Outlook application? Thanks, Peter No. You can do this from checking headers of mail sent to your Internet account, but not from mail sent within the same Exchange organization. Send yourself a piece of email to your home account and check there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sduraybito@go.com asked: | Hi,...

Problem Inserting new Column in DataGridView control
I have a DataGridView control on a form. The columns are pre-defined in design mode. I now need to insert a new column in the middle of the existing columns. I click on the right arrow in the upper right area of the control in design mode and the DatawGridView Tasks sub-window opens. I click on Edit Columns, add the new column, position it and click on OK. ALL COLUMNS DISAPPEAR!!! I undid the changes to recover the original form from source control and tried it a different way. I clicked on Add Column and added the column. But since a new column added in this manner is added to the ...

Word hangs
Using Office XP (2002) with SP3 installed and all current updates. Word is used as the outlook email editor. Word hangs frequently when opening, replying or creating emails. Any idea how to fix? Add-ins installed and interfering? Default printer not accessible? JPG wrote: > Using Office XP (2002) with SP3 installed and all current updates. Word is > used as the outlook email editor. Word hangs frequently when opening, > replying or creating emails. Any idea how to fix? ...

Import XHTML into Word 2003
Hi, I hope someone can help out on this or sheering me to the right direction. We are currently develop a c# application that will automatically generate Word Doc. The application will pull data from database and then through Tidy format the data into VALID XHTML. And then, we take the XHTML, parse it, then using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word to generate the word doc on the fly. So our problem is that, the algorithm we use the parse the data is not correct, and the program may crashed if it parsing not correctly (it get into an infinite loop). We are trying to finding a better solutio...

Delete all contents of cell but one word
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help? Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do. Regards Hayette Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet or 40 sheets? ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Hayette Hasham" <Hayette Hasham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FE4B07F-19CD-4F75-B108-76068AB2574F@microsoft.com... ...

Outlook 2003: Can't Open Item...
My Beta of Office 2003 was fine until it downloaded and installed an update. Now can't see a preview of the message and when I try to open it, I get: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I have 512mb of ram, and 368mb or more is shown as available. It WILL show the message if I select it and click REPLY, but then it's displaying it in a reply Word editor and the links don't work well. I shouldn't have to do that to see any message. Yes, I have tried turning on READ MAIL USING WORD, ...

Excel 2007
Hello, I'd like to make so that whenever I create a new document in Excel that the "Page Setup" is set to scale of "fits to 1 page wide by 1 page tall". I'm sick of creating a new document and always having to go to Page Setup so that everything prints on one page. Don't you think this should be a default setup for any new documents? Thanks in advance, Dza "dza7" <dvpetta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b2f6bbd5-7137-4b07-ae47-be23dc606ba3@b9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I'd like to make so that whenever I create a...

Japanes, English and Spanish- can they live together?
Hi, I am running Vista in Japanese and have just installed Outlook 2003 in English. I note that Outlook appears to have 'adpated' itself to the OS, showing options which did not appear on my old English W2K machine. Also, the default font for notes and tasks is one which supports Japanese (and looks rather ugly for English..) Anyway, I work in English, Japanese and Spanish and use a Palm TX. When I synchronise with Outlook, any note or task which contains accented characters get scrambled. Typically. an accented a or i appears as a Kanji character in Outlook. If there are no a...

opening Word 2004 doc with Word 2007
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC If I create a document in Word 2004 for the Mac on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? If that's possible, how? I'm having problems. Thanks. > If I create a document in Word 2004 for the Mac on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? If that's possible, how? I'm having problems. Thanks. I made a mistake when I posted this question. Here is what I meant to ask: If I create a document, on a Mac, using Word 2004, can I then open up that document on a PC that has Word for Windows 2007? ...

How can I change the default settings for pivot tables in Excel? .
I am trying to make the default of my pivot table to NOT show all values in the data fields initially. By default it selects all the data listings right now. Thanks! ...

How can I assign a category for a new contact
The new outlook 2007 does not have a button to assign a Category? how can I assig a category for a recent new contact open? Yes it does. It's the big Categorize button in the Options group on the = "ribbon." --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Outlook 2007" <Outlook 2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

can't view pictures in email. Outlook 2007
I cannot view pictures in my email. All I can see is the outline of a square where there should be a picture. -- lr And there is no Infobar telling you about any blocked pictures? Try emptying your Outlook Temp Folder when Outlook is closed and then try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Navy Paoc" &l...

Can't Delete E-mail message in OE
Why can't I delete messages inside OE? This is the question I asked as am having this problem. This is the good advice I found. That can happen if the Deleted Items folder is damaged. Move al messages you might want to keep out of the Deleted Items folder an into another mail folder you create. Close OE, then delete the fil "Deleted Items.dbx" in your Identity's store folder. OE will create new one when you re-open OE. However, I am having trouble finding the Identity store folder to delete the file "Deleted Items.dbx". Anyone can help me? Sure would be a...

How can I print text in a circle using Word or Publisher?
The closest you're going to get is to use Wordart. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ca_scrapper" <ca_scrapper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97D46E80-A813-4CCC-B4A3-1029B1AE2446@microsoft.com... > Create the text, then create a circle round it. Presto, text within a circle. Or do you want the text to take the shape of a circle? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher text in the shape of a circle, thanks for taking time to help. "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Create the text, then create a circle round it. Presto, ...

Can I add values, labels and percentage for pie charts?
I am using Excel 2000 to give a detailed breakdown analysis of machine performance. I would like to be able to display my pie charts showing the Label, value and the percentage all at the same time. I also need if possible to avoid showing this information for segments of the pie that have no data, to provide a clear and un-cluttered chart? Can this be done with the current version of Excel I am using? Hi, With xl2k you can get percent and label. You can create a helper column where you concatenate the required information and then link the data labels to the cells. Use Rob Bovey'...

Insert character using Regex
Hi, Please have a look at the three strings below which are in 3 cells in a column. These are portions of longer strings. KR_Prod-Tlk-Np#-ll 1189S11 @as-BBAla#- 00000789384 SP-17700IOOI KR_Prod-Tlk-Np#-111189fflI@as-BBAla#- 00000788938 RELIANCE FINANCIAL KR_Prod-Tlk-Np#-l42000#lI @as-BBAla#- 00000789401BHARTIA-3316776111 Using Regex and VBA, I want to add a "~" character after the "384" in the first line, "938" in the second line and "401" in the third line ie to get the following output. (Regex Buddy gave the following regular expression ...

Can see the status-bar msg AND tool-tip for tool-bar button, but only status-bar msg for a menu item.
Hi. When creating a status bar message and a tool-tip for a tool-bar button, you set the following string in the 'Prompt' text box : "This is the status bar for tool-bar\nThis is the tool-tip bar for tool-bar" (Note the use of the '\n' as the seperator). So, I assumed you can do the same for a menu item, right? WRONG! I only seemed to get the status bar message working. Is there a way around this? Is it supported, or is there some 'trick' I must do ? Cheers in advance... Brad. No, it is not supported. To get tooltips (if I get you correctly) when pointi...

How can I keep top row in Excel static?
Can't seem to remember how to keep the top row of my excel document in place while I scroll down ... any help? Thanks, Kerouac Select A2, Windows>Freeze Panes Kind regards, Niek Otten -- Microsoft MVP - Excel "Kerouac" <Kerouac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9BC81E-56BA-4FC8-B7E2-46604FB55BB3@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to remember how to keep the top row of my excel document in > place > while I scroll down ... any help? > Thanks, > Kerouac Good evening Kerouac Try Windows > Freeze Panes. HTH DominicB -- do...