can I do a floor plan on Publisher?

0
Fran (36)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Do you dislike yourself so much that you'd want to even try? Programs that
do plans like that are cheap - check your local Office Max or Staples. You
can probably buy one for $30 these days.

(I suppose you could conceivable do it. I have 22 yrs of drafting behind me
and there's no way in hell I'd even attempt that. I'd use graph paper and a
pencil before I tried using Publisher for that task.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fran" <fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I do a floor plan on Publisher?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
4/16/2006 4:15:41 AM
I have done several for a concept for a 5,000 sq. ft. commercial building.
As JoAnn said, it's a bugger to do. But the results sold the idea to the
community's developer and we now have a 3,600 sq. ft. addition. It really
depends on what kind of an end result that you need.

Here is a Freeware of CAD Standard: http://www.cadstd.com/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>
> Do you dislike yourself so much that you'd want to even try? Programs that
> do plans like that are cheap - check your local Office Max or Staples. You
> can probably buy one for $30 these days.
>
> (I suppose you could conceivable do it. I have 22 yrs of drafting behind
> me and there's no way in hell I'd even attempt that. I'd use graph paper
> and a pencil before I tried using Publisher for that task.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "fran" <fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> can I do a floor plan on Publisher?

0
Chuck

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

Publishing web site using ProntPage 2003
I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, some of the files in the server are not changed. But some of them do get changed. The unchanged files are not used in the web but still stay in the server. I have no control of this. Can I force the server to match exactly the web in my PC when I publish (delete all the extra files)? Thanks. You probably got the wrong newsgroup, this is excel Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jeffrey" wrote: > I noticed that when I publish web site to the server after I made changes, > some of the files in the server ar...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

cannot see inserted pictures in publisher 2003
cannot see pictures in 2003, although frame adjusting dots appear. I open new page, select insert picture (doesn't matter where from, still no different). Help please. Program worked on original pc which originally had an earlier version of publisher installed. The program is not an update, but full version. PC P4 running XP home and office XP View, pictures, detailed display.. If this is not the solution, you may need an upgraded video driver. Do this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If thi...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

Bulk attachments

Publisher collate HP
I've got 2 HP printers and Pub will not print and collate to them using the HP driver. If I use a generic or windoze driver it will. HP says it's a Publisher issue. It prints fine in Pagemaker so HP is right. MS has addressed this issue but wil not solve it. What can I do tot use features of the printer lost in the generic driver? If you buy garbage lemon HP printers, then you have to put up with the drama of no updated drivers, product does not work as described and zero support from the lemon company HP. There are *NO* known printing issues with any version of Publisher, only...

Disable Activate Product
Hi, I need to be able to disable the Activate Product option on the Help menu. I have been able to do it with all of other office 2003 apps. I have tried using [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\DisabledcmdBarItemsList] TCID1 = 5933 but it just won't work. Any suggestions? Thank you, Scott ...

Can't view HTML emails in Outlook 2002
I receive daily new articles from Cnet, up until the last few weeks they have been coming across in HTML format, recently they have changed to text format and are unreadable. Nothing has changed within Outlook or my system for that matter, but I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, I have gone into the Outlook 2002 setting and can't find anything that could be causng this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook
Hi, I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20 worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it...

Virtual Pages in Publisher
In Publisher 2003, how can I create virtual pages that when printed to A4 printer will print four of these virtual pages to a sheet of A4? ...

simple can't find form question
I have a form with some simple code behind it which reads like this: with Forms![frmNextFixtureTypeOption] .[lblNextAlpha].Caption = strNextAlpha .[lblNextNumeric].Caption = strNextNumeric end with stDocName = "frmNextFixtureTypeOption" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria the second part (where I open the form) works fine, but the first (where I set the caption for 2 of the controls) does not - it returns an error "can't find form"... as always, many thanks in advance, mark O...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...

Creating 5 foot paper banner in Publisher
Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try to print a 5 foot paper banner. After the first page, the printer stops... I feel like I've tried just about everything with no luck... Suggestions? Thanks, Steve Did you check your printer settings? On a related topic - has anyone ever been able to create a .pdf of a banner with PrimoPDF? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09de01c52a97$8fef4c60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me why only 1 page is printing when I try ...

How can i change tab control 's background color
I create a class derived from CTabCtrl. If i handle the WM_PAINT message, there're nothing left on the control. Does it mean that I should draw all the things? And the WM_CTLCOLOR doesn't work,too. How can I change the background color simply? ...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...

I can not receive e-mail.
When I send/receive I keep getting an error message, Task 'mail.lig.bellsouth.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive theis message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) I am not sure how to proceed. Disable your antivirus scanner for outgoing mail and check your server settings with Bell South. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813518&Product=ol2002 "sidvr" wrote: > When I send/receive I ke...

Can not access CRM 4.0 from a client machine after initial setup
Hi, I just finished installing CRM 4.0 and the client side. When I go through the wizard to connect the server, it is not accepting the intranet address, "The specified MS CRM server is not available. can not access through the browser either. I can access it while logged onto the server. I did create the domain user onto the CRM and gave all roles. The address is: "http://crm:5555/CPA-CRM/loader.aspx". I am running SBS 2008, and a separate server for CRM/SQL2005. Another question: How can I change it where it is only "http://crm/loader.aspx" thanks, Joe ...

Can't move worksheet after saving (mac)
I hope this is not a dumb question, but often after saving a worksheet the title bar ( and maybe first couple of rows) moves out of sight at the top of my screen. As far as I can see, it is then impossible to move the worksheet to access the first two rows, as this is only possible by dragging on the title-bar. So I have to close and reopen the worksheet, after which the title bar and top of the sheeet is visible., but this is very annoying of course. Could this be a bug or am I missing something? -- funkster99 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ f...

how do I print a booklet from publisher that is on four pages on .
I am trying to print a booklet onto one page (4 page booklet onto one 8 x 11 sheet of paper that can be folded-2 "booklets per side of paper) and it either prints a blank page or the wording is over each other. I haver tried about 30 different ways by my printer settings and can not seem to get it. I was able to do this booklet in the past but it won't do it any more. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks Hi, Carol -- In Publisher, select Page Setup. Then select layout...from the menu, select "booklet." My system defaults to 8.5 x 11 landscape...giving you...

My cropping function in Publisher does not work as described!Why?
The croppping function in my Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 Publisher program does not cut off an inserted picture properly. The size of the crop is accurate but the resulting picture inside is expanded and the result is not as I want it to be. What is wrong? Al O Crop your photo with photo-editing software then insert it in your Publisher document. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Al O" <Al O@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E65B108-E28F-4CBB-9525-571E7687D0E9@microsoft.com... > The croppping function in my Microsoft ...

how can I create a custom design for business card
I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my business card design.How do I go about doing it if it's possible? Thank you in advance Jason Jason Use the 'insert' picture from file, and then use the 'format' picture for placement, layout et al.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "wrenchnjai1" <wrenchnjai1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF8A318-3324-445C-A07F-65B47F3C3258@microsoft.com... >I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my ...

my picture attachments are opening in word and I can't view them
I can't open attachments because outlook is opening them in word Outlook just obeys the settings Windows uses. If you save the attachment to your hard drive then double-click on it, what happens? "md1914" <md1914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61AF0911-41EE-4C18-A808-A0235A3E249D@microsoft.com... >I can't open attachments because outlook is opening them in word ...