Can I customize my drop-down font list?

There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go
through them all to find what I'm looking for.  I've tried deleting some of
the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success.  Sometimes
they delete, sometimes they don't.  There are dozens of fonts that are so
similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to
cull the ones I never use.
0
Secretary (21)

Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better
ones that you will have to buy.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+font+manager&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Church Secretary" <Church Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go
> through them all to find what I'm looking for.  I've tried deleting some of
> the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success.  Sometimes
> they delete, sometimes they don't.  There are dozens of fonts that are so
> similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to
> cull the ones I never use.

0
mary.sauer (2018)
7/1/2009 5:35:09 PM
You shouldn't delete them unless you know for sure they aren't being used
for something...besides you would uninstall them not delete.

A good (free) font manager is The Font Thing or another good one is CFont
Pro (also free) by Chris Hanscom at
http://www.veign.com/application.php?appid=101

You'll have to Google for The Font Thing, I don't have a link handy.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Church Secretary" <Church Secretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1084804E-6168-48AF-8F3D-275F20984B38@microsoft.com...
> There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to
> go
> through them all to find what I'm looking for.  I've tried deleting some
> of
> the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success.
> Sometimes
> they delete, sometimes they don't.  There are dozens of fonts that are so
> similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like
> cull the ones I never use.

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Can't enter data in query datasheet
I have a query (involving multiple tables) that I want to execute and then use to enter/change data via the datasheet which results from the query. On most queries, I am able to do that. One this one, I can't. What is the criteria for determining what queries will allow data entry and which queries won't? What do I have to do to this query to allow data entry? SELECT [4GateMeetingTimes].Time, ActivityTbl.Activity_ActivityKey, ActivityTbl.Activity_Deployment, ActivityTbl.Activity_Name, ActivityTbl.Activity_Status, ActivityTbl.Activity_Type, ActivityTbl.Activity_Pl...

Dropping a Stencil Using VBA
I created a stencil named "New Shapes" with "Shape 1", "Shape2", etc. on it. I'd like to use VBA to drop a shape on Page-1. I assume that I can locate where the shape goes using ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1").Cells("PinX") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1").Cells("PinY") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1.1").Cells("PinX") = 1 ActivePage.Shapes("Shape 1.1").Cells("PinY") = 1 etc., but I haven't found out how to get them on the page using VBA. Can anyone help, or point me to the pa...

How can I?
I have a list of 32 numbers ranging from 166.80 to 4,231.22 in cells R1:R32; there may be duplicates but there are no negatives and all are to 2 decimal places. I also have a total of 16,496.42 Is there a way finding a combination of cells within the range R1:R32 that equals the total of 16,496.42? Thanks for any responses, Dave Moore "DaveMoore" <david.moore@uuplc.co.uk> wrote: > Is there a way finding a combination of cells within > the range R1:R32 that equals the total of 16,496.42? Yes. But you might have to run through as many as 4,294,967,295...

I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a l.
I can't get my letterhead to only appear on the first page of a letter. I have tried using "different first page", but the letterhead keeps deleting from the first page, but stays on the remainder of the pages. What am I doing wrong. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NumberingFrontMatter.htm (for 2003 and prior) or http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/front_matter_2007.htm for details on how to have different Headers and Footers, etc. in one document.Hope this helps DeanH "rlw" wrote: > I can't get my letterhead to only appear ...

I can't resolve Error number: 0x80070020 downloading windows updat
Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error number: 0x80070020. what can I do? <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> February 24, 2010 You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825> -=- Ǝиçεl ◕‿◕ -=- "AJ" wrote: > Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error > number: 0x80070020. what can I do? ...

Creating a filter for a list box
I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box. Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using a check box? Thank you for your help. Best, John Use criteria in the query like this --- Like IIf([forms]![myform]![mycheck]=-1,"*" & "s" & "*") & "*" The above only select items that have an 's' if box is checked. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a lit...

Pulldown List to open Workbook.
I have a supplier who updates his pricelist via several spreadsheets. I want to create an interface so that I may access the appropriate pricelist (workbook) by simply selecting the proper category from a pulldown menu (list). So basically, if I select "Piping" from the pulldown menu, it would open "Piping.xls" either within my main workbook or by itself. I have no macro experience so I was hoping I could do this without using them... is this possible? Opening a workbook from a dropdown box requires a macro. You could, however, create a list of links to your workbooks (...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

How to ensure recipient can't change message
Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the recipient is prevented from changing any of the content, including attachments? Would this apply even when the recipient forwards the message? Use F1 help to read up on the topic of message sensitivity. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Hall asked: | Is there a setting I can put on a message I send so that the | reci...

can comments move themselves when you hide columns?
Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I hide some of the columns in my sheet, the comments stays where it was, way off to the right of the columns that are still visible. Is there anything I can do about this? Best, Jamie I've never seen a way to keep them where they belong. But Debra Dalgleish posted some code to move them back when they get too rambunctious. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EB3A86D.2060007%40contextures.com Jamie Martin wrote: > > Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I > hide some o...

can i change plot area colors for different date ranges
if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will want to change the shadinging preiodically and fairly frequently. Thank you Hi, You should be able to use the technique explained on Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredVerticalBand.html Cheers Andy steve wrote: > if i want to shade the plot area of a chart diferent colors, for example gray > from Jan 1 through Fed 17, then white until March 10, is that possible? Will > want to change the shadinging pr...

Can't edit my word document!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a new document, saved it. Went back to edit it and make changes and I can't. No curser even appears for me to select a word to change. I can add and remove text boxes, but nothing else. It's behaving like a PDF... but it's saved as a doc.x <br><br>Please help! Thanks! Answered elsewhere... Please stick to your original thread so we can keep track of things. On 7/04/10 11:02 AM, in article 59bb6991.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunmarin@officeformac.com" <sun...

Customer Sales Data
Is there a way to merge duplicate names while at the same time adding the sales entry associated with the name entry. (Customer/Sales data was imported from Excel. If John Smith was a customer 4 times, there would be four "john smith" rows each with a different sales purchase amount in a separate column. I am trying to combine the 4 rows into a single john smith row but with the combined total sales amount of the 4 different purchases) Thanks! Sure. SELECT name, SUM(sale) FROM tableName GROUP BY name There is a rule for 'group by' or 'total' queries: ...

How do i add many emails to a distribution list at one time?
Hi - I would like to be able to do this: 1. Copy all of the emails in an emal cc or bcc list. 2. Create a new distribution list 3. Copy all of the email into the distribution list in one step. how the heck do i do that? some of the emails are not folks i would have in my contacts... Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Is there a function in excel where you can the beginning of the mo
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month. For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula to return 12/1/09. Is this possible? I cant seem to find it anywhere. This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E4C8E96-319A-4872-8927-4B7179BA0030@microsoft.com... >I am trying to look for a fun...

Current User ID
I am not understanding how to copy the code that Dev wrote getting the current user ID into Visual Basic and then calling it from my Access form. I copy the code. I insert a new module. I paste the code. I go to a text box on my form. I go to 'before update' and hit expression builder. I don't see this code or function anywhere. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want this information to go into a table along with my text box that I have current date/time. When a new record is created using my form I would like a query or dlookup to pull the current user informatio...

drop down list 11-24-09
Hi How can I create a drop down list which is on a separate worksheet but in the same file? The name of the worksheet is Idaunits. And I want the drop down list on a separate worksheet named WCU Sept. Thanks 1I1A 1I1B 1I2 1I3 1I4 1I4A 1I4B 1I5 1I6 1I96 1I97 1I98 1L20 1L40 1L50 1Z2 1Z3 2I1 2I1A 2I1B 2I2 2I3 2I3B 2I4 2I4A 2I4B 2I5 2I6 2I96 2I97 2I98 2L20 2L40 2L50 2Z2 2Z3 Goto Insert - Name - Define. Select your range of cells with your list, and give it a name (MyRange). Click Add, Ok out. On your other worksheet, goto Data - Validation - Lis...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

Junk Mail Filter Ignores Setting to Ignore Contact List Members
I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender list in some cases. I have several lists and users that I get mail I want from but most mail from them go straight into the junk e-mail folder instead of being ignored by outlook as they should. Same applies to some people on my contact list, i've set the junk mail filter to ignore email from people on my contact list but it doesn't help. It appears that certain words and/or short messages triggers the junk mail filter but then it bypasses the "ignore people on my contact list" and "safe send...

Can Not Print
I have a User who is trying to print a record from a Terminal Server Session and is getting the following error: The script you are executing is taking longer than expected to run. Click end to abort the script, or continue to continue script execution. Any one have any insights? TIA, Jay. ...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Can I get the mode, min, and max with multiple criteria?
Thanks again for the previous response. Is there a way to get the mode min and or max with multiple criteria? -----Original Message----- You're close -- SUMPRODUCT does the job, but you've left off the final piece: "=SUMPRODUCT((Range1=Criteria1)*(Range2=Criteria2)* (Range3=Criteria3)*Range4)" > >"BobT" <hightide@intergate.com> wrote in message >news:141801c512c7$22df0440$a501280a@phx.gbl... I want to get an average based on multiple criteria without having to sort the records and identify the range. Of course I can get to the average if I can...

can I have both outlook and outlook express?
I have an existing email account in outlook express. I have attempted to set up a second email account in Outlook 2003. I am not succeeding at sending an email message from one to the other. Is it possible to have 2 emails on the same computer using the different programs? Thank you so very much for your answer and any instructions to help me do it successfully. arj123 Yes providing that the email addresses are different -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "arj123" <arj123@di...

another: CAPS, can you preset a column (States?)
can you preset a column to display it's contents in all caps? More specifically, I have a column where users enter in state abbreivations (i.e., GA or TX); does anyone have a useful, easy way to do this? Thank-you!!! Jacob, One possible way would be to add the desired results to the Auto Correct feature under the Tools menu. Charlie O'Neill "jacob farino" <jfarino@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:0wYFc.7757$yy1.2545@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > can you preset a column to display it's contents in all caps? More > specifically, I have a colu...

Can't send more than one email
I have Outlook 2000. Have been using it with no problems for year until recently. Out of nowhere I am unable to send an email to mor than one recipient at a time. The strange thing is Outlook gives me n indication that the email with multiple recipients has not bee recieved. Nobody receives the email and yet the email is in my sen items box. I've called my server thinking it was their problem but it not. Sending an email by logging on through their website gives me n problems. Could it be something to do with all the protection we'v put on our computer? The only thing that'...