can i create a school magazine with publisher?

i'm given a project to create a annual school magazine.....will publisher2003
help in this? any hints and solutions please?
0
gbt1000 (1)

It can do the job but I'd check with the printer first and ask what file
formats they accept.

Specifically what kind of help do you want?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"gbt1000" <gbt1000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm given a project to create a annual school magazine.....will
> publisher2003
> help in this? any hints and solutions please?

0
jl_amerson (3088)
1/23/2005 1:29:13 PM
JoAnn Paules <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> It can do the job but I'd check with the printer first and ask what
> file formats they accept.

FWIW, I've never seen a school magazine use an outside printer.

It will almost certainly be printed on a desktop inkjet or laser printer and
photocopied.

I have used Publisher to create a school magazine - so it can be done :-)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6343)
1/23/2005 1:49:52 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"gbt1000" <gbt1000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm given a project to create a annual school magazine.....will publisher2003
> help in this? any hints and solutions please?

0
gsauer (5093)

SMTP bounces, account can't logon to Exchange
All: Exchange 2003 / SP1. Account created in Exchange 5.x and WinNT4 Donaib, Exchange and domain migrated to W2K3. I accidentally disabled the account in Active Directory, attempt to enable it failed owing to password policies. I reset the password, and can login to AD. But Exchange refuses smtp mail and won't let the account access the store from Outlook 2000. Suggestions welcome. All the Best S ...

Can't print a PDF
I was using Windows 7, Office 2003 and PDF995 to print pdf files with no problems. I installed Excel 2007 and can’t print to the PDF995. The file goes to the print queue and them I get Error 2 “995 was unable to execute pdfsave under the Root:C/. Users require write access to \res folder and execute permission for \res\convert\qswin32c. I run as an administrator and checked my permissions which say I have Full Control. This error also now occurs in any Office document in 2003 I solved the problem by deleting and reinstalling PDF995 twice! "oldjay" wrote: ...

Simple NTFS task, can't figure it out!?
On an SBS 2003 there is a folder d:\data which contains several subfolders. Built in group Users has full access to folder d:\data and, through heritage, to all subfolders. Now there is one temporary User which should be granted read/write access to *only* one subfolder, i.e. d:\data\2010. All other subfolders should not be accessible, even better not visible (but this does not work, I think). I thought this would be an easy task, but I can't figure it out. I solved it creating a group called NoRightsForUserX, added the User and added this group manually to 55 subsfolders...

Can any Microsoft person tell me if this is a bug?
Is this a bug? We have Outlook/Exchange 2003 and the users are running in cached mode. When a user recovers a deleted item from their deleted items folder it does not show up in their mailbox. If you look at the syncronization settings there is 1 item now on the server and 0 in the folder. The item does not come down to the client even if you press F9. If you go into your Outlook web access the file is there but not on the client. If you take the user out of cached mode it works every time. I have narrowed it down to a policy problem. When you set the policy, Emptytrash 1 (Empty Deleted Item...

can money send payments to checkfree instead of a bank?
I am wondering if money can be configured to send epays to checkfree electronic bill pay service instead of sending them to a bank? Please reply to ralph.bachmann@gmail.com Thank you, Ralph I know it works with MSN Billpay, but in Money Plus, and I think it is = the same for previous versions, you can choose checkfree if you are an = existing user. Go to banking: manage online services; go down to Billpay and = click on view list of providers that work with Microsoft Money. "bachmannrl" <Ralph.Bachmann@gmail.com> wrote in message=20 news:93dd88a2-9cc6-4429-a3c0-e91d10d1cee...

Can't click Reconcile button in Bank rec even though difference is
The message says "The difference must be zero before you can reconcile this account." The thing is, in the difference field, the amount IS zero. However, the Adjusted Bank Balance and Adjusted Book Balance are off by $.01. I ran some scripts to see if there were any transactions in the CM20200 table that had more than two decimal places (which would result in a rounding error), but found nothing. Matt, Have you gone through all the steps in KB 851301? https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;851301 -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to ...

Publisher 98 #2
Tired to open document and received Error message - MSPUB has caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL.32DLL @ 177:bffa4a3, etc. etc. etc. Looked this up on Microsoft Support page, but didn't come up with an answer. Thanks. Any help is appreciated. Update your video drivers from the website of your video card manufacturer and your problems should be over. Always post the version of Windows along with the version of Publisher you are using. -- ...

creating a graph
I'm trying to create a visual that represents the attendance rates of our students. Which graph or chart should I use? What do I do? I might use a bar chart, but I'd want to see the data first. Are you looking at attendance rates of all students in say 2nd, 3rd, 4th grade and you have the grades? "educator" <educator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8C1668C-D1FC-4545-93CB-473866FB988A@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a visual that represents the attendance rates of our > students. Which graph or chart should I use? What do I...

Web Services Create SOP
I am using the web service to create the SOP, I am able to create a SOP without any detail line, but whenever I add any details line, I got SOAP error, and then I check the exception console, I got this message "There was an error generating the XML document.". I have no idea of what does that mean, I am thinking I am missing something need to be assigned in detail line, but I cannot find any, I am sure there must be some trick, like when assigning the document date of the SOP header, it has to be Date only (without time), otherwise, I will get this error message "There i...

Can you warn before sending to a GAL distribution list ?
We have a lot of different distribution list across our organisation. Unfortunately not all are named in such a way that it is exactly identifiable who it is going to. Is there a way that you can create a warning when you send a email to a distribution list for the user to double check. Eg For the Finance Services distribution list (about 130 people), perhaps a pop up that appears when someone hits send that says 'this email is directed to all Finance Services, do you wish to continue'. "There are seldom technlogical solutions to behavioral problems." --� Milly Staples [MV...

Using VBA to create folder
I have code that creates a bunch of csv files from the data in a workbook. Here are a couple of excerpts from my code: fldr = InputBox("Enter Directory Name", "CSV FILE LOCATION") .. .. .. Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") If Not fs.FolderExists(fldr) Then fs.CreateFolder fldr End If If the user enters c:\joe\ and c:\joe\ doesn't exist, then the code will create a folder called c:\joe\. If the user enters c:\joe\bob\ and c:\joe\bob\ doesn't exist, then the code will create a folder called c:\joe\bob\ BUT ONL...

How To Create a Taskbar using Shell Extension
Dear All, I wish to create an additional taskbar on my monitor. Three days of dabbling in COM, and reading articles on Shell Extension (Code Project) has brought me no where near my problem. Kindly give me some pointers as to how to create a new taskbar. Many Thanks Rajan "rajan" <rajan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA037443-4024-4AA9-ABBB-EA0A0D4447F6@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > I wish to create an additional taskbar on my monitor. Three days of > dabbling > in COM, and reading articles on Shell Extension (Code Project) has broug...

Publisher xp help
I have publisher xp, and I have 2 problems. 1- When ever I print anything from publisher, it prints really slow...... why and is there a way to fix this 2- and most important. I have created multiple pages for a presentaion, however, I used a new file for each page. How can I combine all of those files to make it one file with multiple pages? If you could please reply to the email address below I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much for your help. -- Please reply to: PDXREALTOR AT USA DOT COM A couple of miscellaneous things: (1) There is no such version of Publisher XP. Th...

Publisher doocuments viewable in other programs?
We recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003 Basic Edition, no Publisher. Boss wouldn't committ to the cost. I have a great brochure that I worked up for the company in Publisher. I have the saved file but cannot open it. Is there any way that I can convert it to Word format or something where I can use this brochure once again? All that hard work down the drain! HELP! Thank you. Tri-S Controls wrote: > We recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003 Basic Edition, no Publisher. > Boss wouldn't committ to the cost. I have a great brochure that I > worked up for the company in P...

Publisher Email Document Formatting Changes
I am trying to send a publisher file as the body of an email. When I preview the email, everything looks fine. When I send the email, any deisgn check issues cause the formatting to change, dramatically affecting the document. I cannot rectify some of the design check issues (such as overlapping). I cannot send the email as an attachment or PDF the document and copy and paste it into the email. Is there a way to override the design checker or prevent the formatting changes that come out when the email is sent? Meghan wrote: > I am trying to send a publisher file as the body of an ema...

Publisher Document Won't Print
I only found one other thread along these lines but I have a different error message. I am trying to print to an OKIData ES1220N color laser printer that has been connected to this PC through a network for 2 years. Only in the last couple of days has it not been printing. Nothing has changed. The driver hasn't been changed, the PC's haven't changed. I can't print anything from this one PC from Publisher, simple or complex, to this particular printer. However, I can print from publisher to a networked inkjet printer. I can print to this printer from any other PC in th...

creating signature cards for email
I am running exchange 5.5 on nt server. Outlook 2k is our email client. Question is there a way to create in exchange a default signature card that would appear on every outgoing user message, or is that something that would have to be done on each individual machine? Hi, Are you looking for sort of disclaimer text to be appended for every outgoing Internet mail? If so, can take a look at this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262097 neece "scott" <sgordon@fseg.net> wrote in message news:01ea01c3bf5f$7e9f18e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am running e...

can't link to website from outlook?
Ever since I started with Outlook 2007 I cannot link to a url link contained in an email message. I keep getting the Microsoft outlook error message 'This Operation cancelled due to restrictions in place on this computer. Please cobtact your system administrator. I am using Windows 7. It means your default browser is not properly registered in Windows. Reset it and/or reassign it as the default and try again. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/242 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/...

How do I do this.. Or can I?
I have data that looks like the example below: fistname, last name, multiple rows, each with different data RON SMITH A RON SMITH B RON SMITH C RON SMITH D RON SMITH H My merge program reads data like the sample below: First name. last name, one row, but multiple cells, each with different data. RON SMITH A B C D H Can someone tell me the best way to convert my existing data into the format above? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks R It may be shorten but this is what I "found in my sleeve": http://img525.imagesh...

how can i create a box plot?
I need to create a box plot for an assignment. I'm using Excel 2003 and I don't have this option under tools nor under "add ins" Can anyone help me or give me advise? Try Jon Peltier's page at: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#BoxWhisker Look for "Box and Whisker Plots" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Marina" <Marina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DEFBDD0-D6F5-4FDA-A63B-BB0DB8CF48BF@microsoft.com... > I need to create a box p...

How Can Remote VPN Users Connect to our Exchange Server?
Hello-- We just installed a SonicWALL firewall in one of our remote office and configured a VPN tunnel to our PIX firewall here at the main office. Are there any articles on how to configure the clients in the remote office to be able to connect to our Exchange server so they don't have to use POP3? Many thanks, Stephen Once they connect via VPN, they should have access to all internal network resources (including Exchange). There should be no additional configuration necessary. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "razor" <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

how to make light letters on a dark background in Publisher?
how do I do this within a text box? Fill the text box with the color you want, then change the text to the color you want. -- Don Vancouver, USA "janet fling" <janet fling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFA0F92A-BC43-44F9-B96E-EB0469699393@microsoft.com... > how do I do this within a text box? ...

How can I change size of chart Legend without losing half of the contents?
When I try to resize the Legend associated with a chart I can't reduce it without losing half of the content, and in order to show all of the content the Legend has to be so big it takes up nearly half the chart. There are only 6 or 7 entries in the Legend, but the space between each of them is enormous. If this was in MS Word I'd fix it by changing the Paragraph settings and reducing the space before and after each paragraph, but as far as I can see there is no equivalent in MS Excel 2007. Anyone got any suggestions? TIA Chris. ...

Create an image in VBA
Hiya, I have been given a task to do which involves generating a graph inside Access 2003 using VBA. I then have to output the image as a jpg, gif or bmp. I'm just in the early stage of planning this and I really have no idea which direction to go in at the moment because I have never done any image creation in VBA. Any suggestions of tutorials, tools or modules which may help will be appreciated Thanks, Alan On 4 Apr 2007 01:39:53 -0700, aclelland@gmail.com wrote: >Hiya, > >I have been given a task to do which involves generating a graph >inside Access 2003 using VBA. I...

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...