Can I create a book (booklet) in Publisher 2000?

I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to know
if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
version. Help would be greatly appreciated.
0
pcpractice (11)

? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.

But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do, with
any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16 pages
good, 17 pages bad.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to
> know
> if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
> version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
webmaster911 (1600)
7/20/2008 2:36:47 PM
Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer versions, I
just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already familiar
with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way out.
When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a feature in
2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your help.

What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.

Linda

"Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:

> ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
> old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.
>
> But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do, with
> any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
> will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16 pages
> good, 17 pages bad.
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression
>

> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to
> > know
> > if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
> > version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
pcpractice (11)
7/20/2008 4:42:28 PM
You can but you'd be much better off buying a newer version. Pub 2000 files
are huge plus there's not print preview.
(I'm currently working on an ~80 page handbook, as well as a 12 page
booklet. Easy-peasy in Publisher.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer versions, I
> just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already
> familiar
> with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
> probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way
> out.
> When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a feature
> in
> 2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your
> help.
>
> What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.
>
> Linda
>
> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
>> ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
>> old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.
>>
>> But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do,
>> with
>> any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
>> will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16
>> pages
>> good, 17 pages bad.
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>

>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to
>> > know
>> > if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in
>> > that
>> > version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
jl_paules (2769)
7/20/2008 5:46:07 PM
Linda,

Confirm you get the ProductKey with that Publisher 2000 CD.
Also, you'll want to download the Security and Service Packs for it.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD010699551033.aspx?ofcresset=1

--
Don - Publisher 2000 User
Vancouver, USA

"pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer versions, I
> just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already
> familiar
> with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
> probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way
> out.
> When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a feature
> in
> 2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your
> help.
>
> What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.
>
> Linda
>
> "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
>
>> ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
>> old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.
>>
>> But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do,
>> with
>> any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
>> will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16
>> pages
>> good, 17 pages bad.
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression
>>

>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to
>> > know
>> > if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in
>> > that
>> > version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Engineer5094 (821)
7/20/2008 5:48:37 PM
Microsoft Publisher 2000
Publish A Booklet
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles%2F2001%2Fs1212%2F50s12%2F50s12.asp
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to know
> if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
> version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/20/2008 7:33:36 PM
Thank you, JoAnn. This is a big help. I don't want to make an uninformed
decision on my purchase. I appreciate it.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> You can but you'd be much better off buying a newer version. Pub 2000 files
> are huge plus there's not print preview.
> (I'm currently working on an ~80 page handbook, as well as a 12 page
> booklet. Easy-peasy in Publisher.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer versions, I
> > just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already
> > familiar
> > with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
> > probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way
> > out.
> > When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a feature
> > in
> > 2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your
> > help.
> >
> > What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
> >
> >> ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
> >> old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.
> >>
> >> But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do,
> >> with
> >> any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
> >> will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16
> >> pages
> >> good, 17 pages bad.
> >>

> >> --
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Rob Giordano
> >> Microsoft MVP Expression
> >>

> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
7/20/2008 7:34:00 PM
Thanks, Don. Good advice as well.  I will be certain of it.

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> Linda,
>
> Confirm you get the ProductKey with that Publisher 2000 CD.
> Also, you'll want to download the Security and Service Packs for it.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/CD010699551033.aspx?ofcresset=1
>

> --
> Don - Publisher 2000 User
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer versions, I
> > just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already
> > familiar
> > with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
> > probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way
> > out.
> > When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a feature
> > in
> > 2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your
> > help.
> >
> > What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote:
> >
> >> ? You don't have to buy an 8 year old program because Office is 8 years
> >> old...you know that right?  What OS are you using on your computer.
> >>
> >> But, yes you can create booklets in Publisher 2000. What you can't do,
> >> with
> >> any booklet layout in any program, is create a 25 page booklet (the page
> >> will fall out) all booklet page amounts must be divisable by 4... 16
> >> pages
> >> good, 17 pages bad.
> >>

> >> --
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> Rob Giordano
> >> Microsoft MVP Expression
> >>

> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
7/20/2008 7:35:01 PM
It'll work but believe me, you'll be happier with a newer version. Even if
it's 2002.

If you've ever tried anything similar in Word, you're going to be pleasantly
surprised how much easier that task is in Publisher.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Thank you, JoAnn. This is a big help. I don't want to make an uninformed
> decision on my purchase. I appreciate it.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> You can but you'd be much better off buying a newer version. Pub 2000
>> files
>> are huge plus there's not print preview.
>> (I'm currently working on an ~80 page handbook, as well as a 12 page
>> booklet. Easy-peasy in Publisher.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you, Rob. Yes, I relaize I could get any number of newer
>> > versions, I
>> > just have a chance to buy 2000 relatively inexpensively and already
>> > familiar
>> > with the Office suite, assuming it would be similar in layout.  I will
>> > probably only use it very infrequently, so I wanted an inexpensive way
>> > out.
>> > When researching the different versions I saw book creation as a
>> > feature
>> > in
>> > 2003 on up, but couldn't find it for 2000. Thank you so much for your
>> > help.
>> >
>> > What does "(Crash)" mean?  Thanks again.
>> >
>> > Linda

0
jl_paules (2769)
7/20/2008 7:45:27 PM
Mary, this is just what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.  Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Microsoft Publisher 2000
> Publish A Booklet
> http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles%2F2001%2Fs1212%2F50s12%2F50s12.asp
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to know
> > if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
> > version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
pcpractice (11)
7/20/2008 10:56:00 PM
Thanks, JoAnn. I have tried book creation in Word and it was so much work. I
do hope to find the right fit for me. Thanks again, sincerely.

Linda

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> It'll work but believe me, you'll be happier with a newer version. Even if
> it's 2002.
>
> If you've ever tried anything similar in Word, you're going to be pleasantly
> surprised how much easier that task is in Publisher.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you, JoAnn. This is a big help. I don't want to make an uninformed
> > decision on my purchase. I appreciate it.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> You can but you'd be much better off buying a newer version. Pub 2000
> >> files
> >> are huge plus there's not print preview.
> >> (I'm currently working on an ~80 page handbook, as well as a 12 page
> >> booklet. Easy-peasy in Publisher.)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
> >>

> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
7/20/2008 11:21:01 PM
When you see how much more creative you can be with Publisher, you'll be
begging to do newsletters, etc.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Thanks, JoAnn. I have tried book creation in Word and it was so much work.
> do hope to find the right fit for me. Thanks again, sincerely.
>
> Linda
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> It'll work but believe me, you'll be happier with a newer version. Even
>> if
>> it's 2002.
>>
>> If you've ever tried anything similar in Word, you're going to be
>> pleasantly
>> surprised how much easier that task is in Publisher.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thank you, JoAnn. This is a big help. I don't want to make an
>> > uninformed
>> > decision on my purchase. I appreciate it.

0
jl_paules (2769)
7/21/2008 12:18:21 AM
Glad to help. Post back when you run into problems. Publisher 2000 creates
bloated files, than said,  it is still easy to do booklets with the program.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, this is just what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.  Linda
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Publisher 2000
>> Publish A Booklet
>> http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles%2F2001%2Fs1212%2F50s12%2F50s12.asp
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am looking to buy Publisher 2000, as I have Office 2000, and want to know
>> > if I can create a multi-page book or booklet if 25 pages or more in that
>> > version. Help would be greatly appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/21/2008 9:38:10 AM
Okay, Mary, I hope you're still around.  Don't offer unless you mean it.  I
run into this problem:  I used the booklet option in Publisher and copied and
pasted a word document in it.  I am doing a cover page separately,so I want
the first page number (on the left) to be page 2, and page 3 begins the first
chapter.  When I start a new chapter, I want it to be on the right side of
the book, and, for example, if chapter 2 ends on page 7, I want page 8 to be
blank and page 9 to begin chapter 3.  I can't figure out how to get a blankp
age inserted.  I've tried everything I know.  It doesn't work like Word
(Ctrl+Enter), and striking the enter key doesn't put blank lines in either.
What do I need to do?  Can you help me?

Thank you sincerely for your help.

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Glad to help. Post back when you run into problems. Publisher 2000 creates
> bloated files, than said,  it is still easy to do booklets with the program.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary, this is just what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.  Linda
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Microsoft Publisher 2000
> >> Publish A Booklet
> >> http://www.smartcomputing.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles%2F2001%2Fs1212%2F50s12%2F50s12.asp
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
8/8/2008 10:43:01 PM
If you were using a newer version of Publisher you could insert sections. In
Publisher 2000 all the things you want to do is manual. You will have to
manually insert page numbers.

Publisher will insert page numbers but not in sections. Go to the background
(ctrl+m), create a text box, insert page numbers. You can cover the page numbers
you don't want printed with a white, lineless box.

To easily insert a page, (ctrl+shift+n), view, turn off two page spread.
Publisher will want to insert 4 pages or how many pages to equal 4, you can
insert one.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Okay, Mary, I hope you're still around.  Don't offer unless you mean it.  I
> run into this problem:  I used the booklet option in Publisher and copied and
> pasted a word document in it.  I am doing a cover page separately,so I want
> the first page number (on the left) to be page 2, and page 3 begins the first
> chapter.  When I start a new chapter, I want it to be on the right side of
> the book, and, for example, if chapter 2 ends on page 7, I want page 8 to be
> blank and page 9 to begin chapter 3.  I can't figure out how to get a blankp
> age inserted.  I've tried everything I know.  It doesn't work like Word
> (Ctrl+Enter), and striking the enter key doesn't put blank lines in either.
> What do I need to do?  Can you help me?
>
> Thank you sincerely for your help.
>
> Linda
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Glad to help. Post back when you run into problems. Publisher 2000 creates
>> bloated files, than said,  it is still easy to do booklets with the program.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary, this is just what I was looking for. Thank you so very much.  Linda

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/9/2008 12:36:21 PM
Well, I just lost my previous post to you.  But will try again.

I'm actually using 2003, and I see there are sections on here but don't know
how to use it.  Can you recommend a tutorial? I'm a whiz at Word (in fact I
teach it at the community college), but this is a little more complicated.

Thanks to you I was able to insert a page.  But now I'm trying to figure out
page numbering.  I want page 0 to be on the left and page 1 to be on the
right, like any normal book.  And I noticed when I imported my writing from
Word, if it ended with an odd page number in Word, it didn't import that
page into Publisher.

Mary, I can get any version of Publisher if you think another might be more
user friendly for me.  This is a trial version (2003).  I have Office 2000,
which I like, so I don't need the entire suite.

Any help you can give, or any direction you can point me would be greatly
appreciated.

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> If you were using a newer version of Publisher you could insert sections. In
> Publisher 2000 all the things you want to do is manual. You will have to
> manually insert page numbers.
>
> Publisher will insert page numbers but not in sections. Go to the background
> (ctrl+m), create a text box, insert page numbers. You can cover the page numbers
> you don't want printed with a white, lineless box.
>
> To easily insert a page, (ctrl+shift+n), view, turn off two page spread.
> Publisher will want to insert 4 pages or how many pages to equal 4, you can
> insert one.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Okay, Mary, I hope you're still around.  Don't offer unless you mean it.  I
> > run into this problem:  I used the booklet option in Publisher and copied and
> > pasted a word document in it.  I am doing a cover page separately,so I want
> > the first page number (on the left) to be page 2, and page 3 begins the first
> > chapter.  When I start a new chapter, I want it to be on the right side of
> > the book, and, for example, if chapter 2 ends on page 7, I want page 8 to be
> > blank and page 9 to begin chapter 3.  I can't figure out how to get a blankp
> > age inserted.  I've tried everything I know.  It doesn't work like Word
> > (Ctrl+Enter), and striking the enter key doesn't put blank lines in either.
> > What do I need to do?  Can you help me?
> >
> > Thank you sincerely for your help.
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Glad to help. Post back when you run into problems. Publisher 2000 creates
> >> bloated files, than said,  it is still easy to do booklets with the program.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
8/9/2008 6:28:00 PM
Publisher 2003 is superior to 2000. You have features such as the sections and
catalogue merge that are not part of 2000.
There are help articles that are far more detailed than help I can give you
here.

Insert or remove a section break between pages in a publication
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP066360201033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033

Format page numbers
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Well, I just lost my previous post to you.  But will try again.
>
> I'm actually using 2003, and I see there are sections on here but don't know
> how to use it.  Can you recommend a tutorial? I'm a whiz at Word (in fact I
> teach it at the community college), but this is a little more complicated.
>
> Thanks to you I was able to insert a page.  But now I'm trying to figure out
> page numbering.  I want page 0 to be on the left and page 1 to be on the
> right, like any normal book.  And I noticed when I imported my writing from
> Word, if it ended with an odd page number in Word, it didn't import that
> page into Publisher.
>
> Mary, I can get any version of Publisher if you think another might be more
> user friendly for me.  This is a trial version (2003).  I have Office 2000,
> which I like, so I don't need the entire suite.
>
> Any help you can give, or any direction you can point me would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Linda
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you were using a newer version of Publisher you could insert sections. In
>> Publisher 2000 all the things you want to do is manual. You will have to
>> manually insert page numbers.
>>
>> Publisher will insert page numbers but not in sections. Go to the background
>> (ctrl+m), create a text box, insert page numbers. You can cover the page
>> numbers
>> you don't want printed with a white, lineless box.
>>
>> To easily insert a page, (ctrl+shift+n), view, turn off two page spread.
>> Publisher will want to insert 4 pages or how many pages to equal 4, you can
>> insert one.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Okay, Mary, I hope you're still around.  Don't offer unless you mean it.  I
>> > run into this problem:  I used the booklet option in Publisher and copied
>> > and
>> > pasted a word document in it.  I am doing a cover page separately,so I want
>> > the first page number (on the left) to be page 2, and page 3 begins the
>> > first
>> > chapter.  When I start a new chapter, I want it to be on the right side of
>> > the book, and, for example, if chapter 2 ends on page 7, I want page 8 to
>> > be
>> > blank and page 9 to begin chapter 3.  I can't figure out how to get a
>> > blankp
>> > age inserted.  I've tried everything I know.  It doesn't work like Word
>> > (Ctrl+Enter), and striking the enter key doesn't put blank lines in either.
>> > What do I need to do?  Can you help me?
>> >
>> > Thank you sincerely for your help.
>> >
>> > Linda

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/9/2008 7:28:28 PM
Mary, thank you so very much.  I will be researching it, and hopefully, able
to get it figured out.

Sincerest appreciation,

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Publisher 2003 is superior to 2000. You have features such as the sections and
> catalogue merge that are not part of 2000.
> There are help articles that are far more detailed than help I can give you
> here.
>
> Insert or remove a section break between pages in a publication
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP066360201033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
>
> Format page numbers
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
>

> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well, I just lost my previous post to you.  But will try again.
> >
> > I'm actually using 2003, and I see there are sections on here but don't know
> > how to use it.  Can you recommend a tutorial? I'm a whiz at Word (in fact I
> > teach it at the community college), but this is a little more complicated.
> >
> > Thanks to you I was able to insert a page.  But now I'm trying to figure out
> > page numbering.  I want page 0 to be on the left and page 1 to be on the
> > right, like any normal book.  And I noticed when I imported my writing from
> > Word, if it ended with an odd page number in Word, it didn't import that
> > page into Publisher.
> >
> > Mary, I can get any version of Publisher if you think another might be more
> > user friendly for me.  This is a trial version (2003).  I have Office 2000,
> > which I like, so I don't need the entire suite.
> >
> > Any help you can give, or any direction you can point me would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> If you were using a newer version of Publisher you could insert sections. In
> >> Publisher 2000 all the things you want to do is manual. You will have to
> >> manually insert page numbers.
> >>
> >> Publisher will insert page numbers but not in sections. Go to the background
> >> (ctrl+m), create a text box, insert page numbers. You can cover the page
> >> numbers
> >> you don't want printed with a white, lineless box.
> >>
> >> To easily insert a page, (ctrl+shift+n), view, turn off two page spread.
> >> Publisher will want to insert 4 pages or how many pages to equal 4, you can
> >> insert one.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
8/9/2008 8:42:01 PM
Post back if you need more help. We are always around.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Mary, thank you so very much.  I will be researching it, and hopefully, able
> to get it figured out.
>
> Sincerest appreciation,
>
> Linda
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Publisher 2003 is superior to 2000. You have features such as the sections
>> and
>> catalogue merge that are not part of 2000.
>> There are help articles that are far more detailed than help I can give you
>> here.
>>
>> Insert or remove a section break between pages in a publication
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP066360201033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
>>
>> Format page numbers
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well, I just lost my previous post to you.  But will try again.
>> >
>> > I'm actually using 2003, and I see there are sections on here but don't
>> > know
>> > how to use it.  Can you recommend a tutorial? I'm a whiz at Word (in fact I
>> > teach it at the community college), but this is a little more complicated.
>> >
>> > Thanks to you I was able to insert a page.  But now I'm trying to figure
>> > out
>> > page numbering.  I want page 0 to be on the left and page 1 to be on the
>> > right, like any normal book.  And I noticed when I imported my writing from
>> > Word, if it ended with an odd page number in Word, it didn't import that
>> > page into Publisher.
>> >
>> > Mary, I can get any version of Publisher if you think another might be more
>> > user friendly for me.  This is a trial version (2003).  I have Office 2000,
>> > which I like, so I don't need the entire suite.
>> >
>> > Any help you can give, or any direction you can point me would be greatly
>> > appreciated.
>> >
>> > Linda

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/9/2008 10:09:08 PM
Mary, forgive me.  When I was ready to print it said I needed printer
capabilities for 11x17 paper.  I just want to print an 8-1/2 x 11 landscaped,
two pages per sheet, like you do so easily in Word. (But of course, the pages
wouldn't be in order for booklet presentation in Word.)  I just am so
frustrated. I don't know where to find these answers.  I am looking for an
online tutorial.  Thank you.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Post back if you need more help. We are always around.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary, thank you so very much.  I will be researching it, and hopefully, able
> > to get it figured out.
> >
> > Sincerest appreciation,
> >
> > Linda
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Publisher 2003 is superior to 2000. You have features such as the sections
> >> and
> >> catalogue merge that are not part of 2000.
> >> There are help articles that are far more detailed than help I can give you
> >> here.
> >>
> >> Insert or remove a section break between pages in a publication
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP066360201033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
> >>
> >> Format page numbers
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH063581221033
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)
8/10/2008 1:15:00 AM
Did you use a template? Template newsletters will be 8.5 X 11 each side. Look at
your page setup, does it say 11 x 8.5 full page? Change the setup to booklet,
Publisher will automatically change the size for you if you are using a
template.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

> Mary, forgive me.  When I was ready to print it said I needed printer
> capabilities for 11x17 paper.  I just want to print an 8-1/2 x 11 landscaped,
> two pages per sheet, like you do so easily in Word. (But of course, the pages
> wouldn't be in order for booklet presentation in Word.)  I just am so
> frustrated. I don't know where to find these answers.  I am looking for an
> online tutorial.  Thank you.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Post back if you need more help. We are always around.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary, thank you so very much.  I will be researching it, and hopefully,
>> > able
>> > to get it figured out.
>> >
>> > Sincerest appreciation,
>> >
>> > Linda

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/10/2008 10:30:27 AM
Thank you, Mary.  I'll give it a go.  I'm getting weary and discouraged with
this, though.  Not nearly as easy as I thought it would be.  I appreciate all
your help sincerely.

Linda

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Did you use a template? Template newsletters will be 8.5 X 11 each side. Look at
> your page setup, does it say 11 x 8.5 full page? Change the setup to booklet,
> Publisher will automatically change the size for you if you are using a
> template.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary, forgive me.  When I was ready to print it said I needed printer
> > capabilities for 11x17 paper.  I just want to print an 8-1/2 x 11 landscaped,
> > two pages per sheet, like you do so easily in Word. (But of course, the pages
> > wouldn't be in order for booklet presentation in Word.)  I just am so
> > frustrated. I don't know where to find these answers.  I am looking for an
> > online tutorial.  Thank you.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Post back if you need more help. We are always around.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "pcpractice" <pcpractice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
pcpractice (11)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

publishing
I'm trying to REMOVE the publishing funtion of a "previously published" excel document. I can't see where to remove the function. How do you remove the option. I've tried resaving the document and looked at all options I see. Robert From the Excel Help Modify and republish data on a Web page that was previously saved by Excel When you publish or save your Microsoft Excel data as a Web page, Excel creates an HTML version of the file (with the extension .htm). If you want to update that data on the Web page, and you saved or published a worksheet or items on a wor...

can i download lxce serv.exe

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

how many receivers i can add

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Can't configure Outlook Express

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98