Can data files for mailmerge be updated?

I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year.
Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000.
Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003.
Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005?

Thanks
Robin from Alaska

Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is
a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy
disk.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Missiehillie" <Missiehillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year.
> Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000.
> Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003.
> Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005?
>
> Thanks
> Robin from Alaska

0
gsauer (5093)
12/2/2005 10:33:36 PM
Hi Mary!  Thank you for the quick reply.  Yes it is a publisher list but I am
not sure what a .mdb file is. I will try putting the data in My Documents and
report back!

Robin

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is
> a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy
> disk.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Missiehillie" <Missiehillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year.
> > Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000.
> > Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003.
> > Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Robin from Alaska

Hello Robin, A .mdb is an Access data file. Publisher uses this extension as a
default.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Hi Mary!  Thank you for the quick reply.  Yes it is a publisher list but I am
> not sure what a .mdb file is. I will try putting the data in My Documents and
> report back!
>
> Robin
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it
>> is
>> a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy
>> disk.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Missiehillie" <Missiehillie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year.
>> > Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000.
>> > Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003.
>> > Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Robin from Alaska

0
gsauer (5093)