Calendars in Publisher

Is there a way to globally add U.S. Holidays into a
calendar in publisher and can I update it annually saving
with a new file name so that I never have to change dates
or events again?

This is not an option in Microsoft Publisher. You would
need to use a program such as Microsoft Outlook or
Microsoft Works Calendar.

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org

0
publisher (1244)
8/20/2003 1:55:20 PM
Randall Arnold wrote:
> Don't get me started again!
>
> LOL.
>
> Randall Arnold
>
> "Brian Kvalheim - [MS MVP]" <publisher@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> This is not an option in Microsoft Publisher. You would
>> need to use a program such as Microsoft Outlook or
>> Microsoft Works Calendar.
>>
>> Brian Kvalheim
>> Microsoft Publisher MVP
>> http://www.kvalheim.org

Randall - if you hate Publisher that much why do you persist in posting
here? I'm beginning to think you're a troll.

--
Perdita X. Dream

Please help us to help you
http://groups.google.com
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Please note that the reply address is fake.
Keep all posts to the groups as private requests for assistance
(i.e. email/IM) cannot be acknowledged. Thank you.

0
perditax1 (68)

Calendar categories
In my previous environment (old server + SBS 2003 including exchange) I was able to assign categories like Birthdate, Bussiness, Option, Personal etc. to my appointments in Outlook 2007. Due to a hardware meltdown I had to switch to a new server, installed SBS2003 (including Exchange) and since then I only have categories like blue category, green category, red category, etc... so after importing my backup pst into the new all my appointments look kind-a grey. I don't know why this happened, I'm still using the same pc with the same Outlook 2007 version on it. so I guess it'...

Calendar showing deleted birthdays
Many months ago I changed the first names of two of my contacts...like Jack to John. Recently noticed that clendar is showing birthdays for both Jack and John even though Jack no longer exisits. Have tried several things. Deleted John and waited several days. John's birthday disappeared but not Jack's. Tried adding Jack back then his birthday shows twice...Once for the real Jack and one for the one that was changed to John months ago then deleted. It seems the calendar is reaching back to a very old sync and refusing to delete the info. Any ideas? Did you try del...

Calendar doesn't have days
I've noticed that Outlook does not show the days (i.e. Monday, Tuesday etc) on the working week columns. Is there any setting I can change to show them? Jon what date format do you use? see your regional settings in control panel. outlook gets the format from there... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=micr...

numbering tickets Publisher 2003
I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 to 1000. How can I do this with out numbering each? Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70C531FC-E22D-4378-890E-DBF77BD89214@microsoft.com... > I am designing an event ticket and I need to have them numbered from 0001 > to > 1000. > > How can I do this with out numbering each? > > Please Email me at VC8454@MSN.COM Review help for mail merge. Create a mail merge document and an Excel file with the...

Windows Calendar 05-15-10
I'm using Vista Home Premium. The calendar used to work---that is, it used to remind me about appointments. It no longer does. It will only remind me when the calendar is open. File/Options has "Reminders should show when Windows Calendar not running" checked. Windows Calendar is in the Startup menu. I understand this is a very popular problem but I can't find answers---only people complaining about it no longer working. Can someone direct me to the right source to get this issued resolved? Thank you. Connie ...

How do 1 set up square or round labels 12 per sheet in Publisher?
I'm trying to use Avery 5294 and can't seem to manipulate publisher to set up 12 squares or rounds 3 across x 4 down. gbdonart wrote: > I'm trying to use Avery 5294 and can't seem to manipulate publisher > to set up 12 squares or rounds 3 across x 4 down. ============================ What version of Publisher are you using? In Pub 2003 you could try the following: Create one label and go to...File / Page Setup... Choose... Avery J8164 Avery L7164 On the print screen you can make adjustments if you click the "Adjust Label Printing" button. FWIW.....

How do I insert a frame in publisher 2003?
(It's kinda empty and echoey in this big space - try filling it with descriptions of what you're after) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher i am attempting to make a web site, when i use front page i can easily add frames to my page, i find publisher easier to use with graphics and clip art and want to use publisher as my web builder, but i am unable to figure out how to add a frame in publisher, got an ideas? thanks, "Ed Bennett" wrote: > (It's kinda empty and echoey in this big space - try filling it with > descriptions of what you're afte...

why does print preview in publisher black & white for color image
If I print preview color images in pub 2007,sometimes it comes up black & white and sometimes in color. anybody else have this issue? ...

How do I end automatic calendar summaries?
At one point in time I set up my Outlook to send a summary of my schedule to my cell phone. I don't want to use this anymore but I can't figure out how/where to stop it. Basically I get an undeliverable mail message in my Inbox every night. Frustrating! Version of Outlook? Look in tools, accounts -do you have a mobile service account listed? If not, check rules. Then check addins. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-...

Publisher 2003 question #2
I've just installed 2003 where did the red guide lines go? I used to = have both blue and red guide lines in 2002 now I only have the one blue = line (around the page) can I get the red lines back? Tricia After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tricia <Tricia@home.vic.au>... > I've just installed 2003 where did the red guide lines go? I used to > have both blue and red guide lines in 2002 now I only have the one > blue line (around the page) can I get the red lines back? Microsoft decided that nobody used the pink guides around th...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

using A5 paper as a booklet in Publisher 2007 i.e 4 A6 sides
In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make this work in 2007 -- mumbles star Use one of the Avery A4/A5 templates. C9355 works... If you use the A5 folded down to A6 it makes a small publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mumbles" <mumbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA578767-48DF-4896-8E8C-FD17ECAEB500@microsoft.com... > In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make > this work in 2007 > -- > mum...

Can I do a 365 day flip book post-card size in Publisher 2007?
I want to do a message-a-day flip book using the post-card format in Publisher. Can I in the same file add one day after the next? I suppose it would be best to select the printing for it to print the first half of the year, then flip the stock and have the other half of the year so the flip book could just be turned around half way through. Will this work? How do add multiple cards in the same file? Thanks- To add a card or cards select Insert Page or pages. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "CreativeCat" <CreativeCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Publisher 2003 #24
How many Pub File conversions are out their to bring Pub Files into other softwars like Corel, Adobe etc ? Xeroid <haha> was very recently heard to utter: > How many Pub File conversions are out their to bring Pub Files into > other softwars like Corel, Adobe etc ? Adobe Acrobat can convert any file to PDF, including Publisher files. The same printer driver can be used to create EPS files, which you may be able to import into Adobe applications that support it. The latest version of CorelDraw supports enhanced copy/paste from Office applications, and copes better than ol...

viewer for publisher
A friend of mine mailed me a file made with publisher. It was quite a big file so i wondered what it was about... but i cannot open it since i do not have publisher... My question is :Is there a viewer for .pub files and where can i get it? I could not find it at Microsoft site http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html The above link explains your viewer question. However, if you like you can forward the Publisher file and I will convert it to any format you choose. PDF would be the easiest, allowing you to view it in the free adobe reader software. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publishe...

Music in publisher
Can't get background music to play on website works ok on prewiew but not when I publish it to website? Very grateful for any HELP!! websie www.members.cox.net/wopen Thanks -- Carl Bailes <bgsound src="index_files/file0001.ht_" loop=2> Have no idea what kind of file .ht_ is but it ain't listed anywhere as a sound file. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "wopen" <wopen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C5D94B-415D-431F-8810-2104BBC2A3EB@microsoft.com... | Can't get background music to play on website works ok on ...

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Tables in Publisher
I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select every single cell and add the line? Thanks. silver wrote: > I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every > cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, > it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the who...

Problem when running Exchange Calendar Update Tool
I ran the Exchange update tool against a few mailboxes, and I am noticing a problem. The tool appeared to work to some extent, but one of the mailboxes I ran it against has some items modified and some not modified. Two recurring meetings that this user created and invited other people to were modified properly and updates were sent out automatically to the other people in the meeting. However, two other recurring meetings that he initiated and invited other people to were not modified and no update messages were sent for those meetings. Appointments that he created just for himself...

Windows 2000 cleints view the calendar incorrectly after tzmove is run
The wierd part of this is they show up with odd times. I have a user that shows all appointment off by 6 hours and 33 minutes for example. I think the time bias one the local machine was wrong when the tzmove tool was run. Now I need to find out if there is a way to force tzmove to update the meetings. I have confirmed the timezone information in the registry is correct but when I try to run tzmove it tells me there are no meetings to change but the meetings still apear wrong. Other thing I noticed is if I open the meeting the summary text in the middle of the meeting is correct but location...

Outlook Calendar to Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization
Hello I have both Outlook 2003 and Lotus Notes on a desktop. Outlook is my preferred mail/calendar program, however I have a critical database that runs on Notes only. The database also puts entires into the Notes Calendar. What is the easiest way to synchronise the Outlook and Notes Calender? Thanks. Ask in a Lotus Notes news group? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

Publisher files too large
I recently purchased a new computer. My old computer was running Windows XP Professional. This one is running XP Media Center v5.1. When I copied all of my old files over to the new computer I'm noticing that my Publisher files are now too large. I'm using Publisher 2002. These files are now taking 10 minutes to print and they are too large to email. I never had any problems with them on the old machine and they are the exact same file. I even tried to recreate one on the new machine with the same photos and text. It is still 53mb. The photo files are only 197kb. What i...

Is Publisher a separate program?
My daughter will need to use Publisher 2003 at school and I was wondering if it's included in any of Office 2007 versions? Thank you Publisher 2003 will not come with any Office 2007* Suite. But, Publisher 2007 DOES come with some Office 2007 Suites, see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101635841033.aspx for suite features list. BTW, you can get a discounts for students. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "suz4596" <suz4596@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:661DF63D-A19A-4568-AB84-BF307F77EB34@microsoft.co...

Calendar date range in Publisher 2007
Just changed from Publisher 2003 to 2007, pulled up existing calendar Aug 08, changed date range to Aug 09, and it shows Aug 1st on Friday, not Saturday! How do I fix this? -- assistantclerk ...

covert publisher file to pdf
Any suggestions for converting a publisher file to pdf format. Sure, Put your left foot out, pull your left foot in. Put your right foot out and shake it all about. Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself, that's what it's all about. Sorry - do you have a specific question? Mike Paulette wrote: > Any suggestions for converting a publisher file to pdf > format. Paulette, You will need a program to convert the file to a pdf format. There is of course Adobe Acrobat but its a bit on the spendy side for most folks at $250 or higher. I had the need to create pdf files some 5 y...