Business cards & printing

I have formatted some  business cards with Publisher 2003 for a friend and
she wants to be able to print them off from her computer. However she does
not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably purchase one of the Avery
packages from an office supply.

Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the proper
number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it?

Thanks for information.
Susan

0
dsnsacree (69)

Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com),
in the newsgroups
you posted:

|| I have formatted some  business cards with Publisher 2003 for a
|| friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer.
|| However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably
|| purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply.
|| Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the
|| proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it?

You could use the free pdf software from www.primopdf.com and convert your
Publisher file to a *.pdf. Then your recipient can use the free Adobe Reader
to open the *.pdf and print.
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)
2/23/2005 1:39:58 PM
Hey I did not think of that! So go ahead like I was printing it on the Avery
and then instead printing on paper, convert it to the pdf output file.

Thanks, I will try that.

Susan
"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Hi Susan (dsnsacree@msn.com),
> in the newsgroups
> you posted:
>
> || I have formatted some  business cards with Publisher 2003 for a
> || friend and she wants to be able to print them off from her computer.
> || However she does not have MS Publisher, MS Word. She will probably
> || purchase one of the Avery packages from an office supply.
> || Is there a way I can save the file ready to print the cards with the
> || proper number per page and convert it to jpg so she could use it?
>
> You could use the free pdf software from www.primopdf.com and convert your
> Publisher file to a *.pdf. Then your recipient can use the free Adobe
Reader
> to open the *.pdf and print.
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.

0
dsnsacree (69)

2-Sided Printing: HP Photosmart D7300 Series. Right edge of image clipped off, won't allow manual feed #2
We are wasting tons of paper trying to print a "booklet" 2 sided. Printer: HP Photosmart D7300 Paper 8.5x11 Booklet 5.5 x 8.5 Printer set at landscape Ran 2-side configuration wizard. Did all paper feeds (numbers and circles) When attempting to print, right side is clipped off No prompts appear to turn paper over. When printer is set to BORDERLESS, the full right side of image appears, but left side of page is trimmed off. "fit image to paper" option vanishes. Is there a way to do this? Thank you. How many pages? Is the print preview correct? I only know how I...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Clip Art won't print #2
My operating system is Windows Vista, I have an HP Photosmart 8450 printer and when using Publisher 2007, none of the clip art will print. Actually, no clip art will print in any of the Office 2007 programs, but Publisher is the one that I was using when I discovered this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks. Are you using updated drivers? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Ms. CCC-SLP" <Ms. CCC-SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577191CD...

Simple Cash Flow Small business
I have a small janitorial business with recurring jobs w/the same clients. I want something simple & very inexpensive to keep track. Ideas? ...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

Mid-month credit card downloads
BofA just changed their on-line interface and they're having a lot of problems. I was told that I can no longer download credit card transactions into my Money program mid-month. In other words if I want to track expenses during the month I will have to manually enter all of my credit card transactions. The alternative is to wait until the end of my billing cycle and download 50 to 100 transactions at once and then review and assign them. There are no plans to reinstate this service. I immediately sent a comment to them complaining about the inconvenience and limitations of their new...

How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network card or BIOS feature?
Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find out if the hardware supports Wake-on-lan? Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the network card? Camille bios "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b436c68$0$6730$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find > out if the hardware > supports Wake-on-lan? > > Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the > netw...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

printing #2
i am trying to print a flyer that has a picture i created myself. what i did was make a square, put 4 separate lines on top of it, then put the same square (except made it somewhat transparent by way of the fill options) and put it on top of it to so it would be transparent enough to be able to see a hint of the lines underneath...however, when I print it, it does not print what i see...it prints a the full solid background as if it were not transparent. how can i print it with the transparent effect i want? >-----Original Message----- >Stephanie what version of Publisher are y...

Unable to Print Timesheets in BP
We recently installed BP, PDK and Great Plains. We are experiencing significant difficulty in printing the beautiful looking timesheet that displays when hitting the "Print" button in Business Portal. The timesheet data basically bleeds off of the right hand side of the page even on legal. Has anyone experienced the same issue? We are required to submit timesheets to our customers withour invoices. I wish these were formated with the weeks in two one week rows rather than one two week period all the way accross. And that it fit on letter sized paper! What we currently ...

Save data before printing
Hello all, An acquiantence is programming in Excel 2003 and has a sheet where theuser enters receipt data. When he is done, he clicks a boton to copythe data from the sheet to another in tabular form withinthe same workbook. What he needs to do is to implement a lock so that the user can't print out the receipt until after he has clicked the boton. His button click event code is the following: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Copy data to BD2 sheet Sheets("BD2").Unprotect With Sheets("BD2").Range("A1000&qu...

Execl print to fit paper
how do you set a group of cells to print to fit (maximize to one page size, normally 8 1/2 x 11) on one (and only one) page? Select the cells to be printed, then: <File> <PrintArea> <SetPrintArea> Then: <File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab, Then click on: "Fit To" 1 page wide by 1 page tall, Then <OK>. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "...

MS Small Business Manager and CRM
Does anyone know if there is a way to link MS Small Business Manager with CRM? We are planning on marketing both products. Thank You, Barry Sunshine 21cs Century Solutions ...

GPA and Small Business Financials
I know this isn't a Small Business Financials NG, but I couldn't find one . .. . and I figured this group would be familiar with SBF. I have a client who is still working in the old DOS version of Great Plains Accounting and they're wanting to migrate their data to something newer. I'm trying to find out if GPA data can be migrated to SBF (i.e. is a migration tool included?). Does anyone know? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-bi...

Checkbok & printing
I'd like to set up Excel to track my checkbook. I've got a spreadsheet made up that does that and let's me reconcile easily. Is there a way to take selected entries from the spreadsheet and have them "appear" in a check-style template and then print out the checks? I'm using Excel 2000 on Win XP Home SP 1. Thanks! <*((((><{ Fishy@Ocean.Net Hi Fishy, As a starting point see xlDynamic at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html --- Regards, Norman "<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:c7nn72...

Business Portal for Great Plains
Is this the right group for asking questions regarding the Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains? If not can anyone recommend a good group/forum? thanks ~john Fire away -- Charles Allen, MVP "~john" wrote: > Is this the right group for asking questions regarding the Microsoft > Business Portal for Great Plains? If not can anyone recommend a good > group/forum? > > thanks > > ~john > > Here's a link the thread with my question... http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/8087e359b64746ef/5a28ef19...

Printing updated customer information on a Receipt
Hello all, I modified the receipt to print the customer's total number of visits and total amount spent (both from the customer record) at the bottom of the receipt. The problem is that it is always printing the values as they stand before the last transaction. Example: if I create a new customer, do a tranaction ($20) and print the receipt, the number of visits and amount spent will show as zero. When I do a second transaction the receipt will print the values (visits 1, amount spent $20) as they stand at the end of the first transaction. Does anyone know how I can force the receip...

Modified Report Not Printing Properly
GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites, each with its own vendors. We modified PO Blank Form so that it prints the correct site address in the ship to box. It works fine for one vendor, and prints the appropriate Site Address. However, for another vendor the Ship To is always blank. I cannot figure out why. I do not see any difference in how the vendors are set up. Any ideas for where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks, Jason ...

Print multiple tabs on one page
How to print multiple tabs in excel onto one page in one print job? Tab1 and tab2 have different format and cannot be combined into one tab. Need to print the two worksheets one on top of each other is the same direction. Tried Report Manager but printed on two pieces of paper. Any suggestions? One way to accomplish something like this is to play around with "pictures". I'm on an XL97 machine now so, When you hold down <Shift> and hit <Edit>, you get a different dialog box .... one that contains "picture " options. So, select an entire sheet, or p...

Print a sheet for everday of the year
I need to print a sheet in Excel for every day of the year. How can I add the date automatically and print the sheet? Thanks, Jeff Hi Jeff Enter the first day of the year in A1 and run this macro to print Note it not print sunday Change PrintPreview to PrintOut if it is working Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() 'this example not print sunday Dim mr As Integer mr = Year(Range("a1").Value) Do While Year(Range("a1").Value) = mr If Application.WorksheetFunction. _ Weekday(Range("a1").Value) <> 1 Then ActiveSheet.Pri...

Printing a Purchase Order to Multiple Destinations
Is it possible to print a PO to a text file on the local machine or network in addition to the local default printer? -- Pete P. It is possible to print a text file to any single location you want in addition to the local default printer. Our system currently prompts users requesting this information. Giving them their choice of 3 formats: Screen Printer File These can be selected in any combination but only one destination per format can be specified. I am hoping that this thread will explain how/if one could deliver one printed report to multiple printers. Eventually I would lik...

sending v cards, changing address settings #2
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

Printing in Excel #2
I am printing a document in Excel with the gridlines bolded. However, when I Print the document it shifts the text in some cells down so they sit on the line. How do i fix this? Also just for reference i am using excel 2003 and we are using a windows 2000 print server. Not familiar with the problem. What font and pointsize. What printer. What happens if you choose Arial with pointsize of 10. What do you see in print preview. Do you have other choices for your print to printer. (file,print, name:) --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] M...

Exchange 5.5 System Free/Busy objects left in Exchange 2003 since Migration.
Hi I hope somebody can help with this. I migrated our old Exchange 5.5 Org to Exchange 2003 last year and followed all the MS KB's about doing this. Since then we have switched to Native Mode 2003 and working fine. However we found that our AD infrastructure wasn't at its best and are currently deploying a new Domain. Now this is where the fun starts. While creating a new Exchange 2003 Org in the new Domain, we are replicating the Public/System Folders from the old Org and we have been getting some errors. On investigation we have found that there are redundant Free/Busy Schedule+ obj...