business cards #4

Hi, I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2000 for the first
time.  I have made up some business cards and am about to
cut them out. I know from other programmes that I have
used before that you can display cutting guidelines for
using a guillotine. Does anyone know if this is possible
with Microsoft Publisher.  Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Debbie.
0
anonymous (74722)

Don't use perforated card stock?

--
Don
--------

"Debbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2000 for the first
> time.  I have made up some business cards and am about to
> cut them out. I know from other programmes that I have
> used before that you can display cutting guidelines for
> using a guillotine. Does anyone know if this is possible
> with Microsoft Publisher.  Any help greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, Debbie.

0
Engineer1 (288)
4/6/2004 6:45:28 PM
Debbie wrote:
> Hi, I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2000 for the first
> time.  I have made up some business cards and am about to
> cut them out. I know from other programmes that I have
> used before that you can display cutting guidelines for
> using a guillotine. Does anyone know if this is possible
> with Microsoft Publisher.  Any help greatly appreciated.
> Thanks, Debbie.
Here's a dweeby little trick that works for me.

With your card on screen, make a text box that exactly
frames the outer edge of the card. Go to..Line/Border
Style and choose 1/4 pt. This will place a fine line around
the edge of the card.

On your print screen, at the "Change Copies Per Sheet"
button...set the Horizontal and Vertical gap to Zero.
Try .7 for the side margin.

The result should be a printed page with only a line
separating the cards. Cut the line...you're done.

--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)
4/6/2004 6:49:18 PM
BTW...if you need to make the text box transparent...
select it and type Ctrl / T.

> Debbie wrote:
>> Hi, I'm using Microsoft Publisher 2000 for the first
>> time.  I have made up some business cards and am about to
>> cut them out. I know from other programmes that I have
>> used before that you can display cutting guidelines for
>> using a guillotine. Does anyone know if this is possible
>> with Microsoft Publisher.  Any help greatly appreciated.
>> Thanks, Debbie.
> Here's a dweeby little trick that works for me.
>
> With your card on screen, make a text box that exactly
> frames the outer edge of the card. Go to..Line/Border
> Style and choose 1/4 pt. This will place a fine line
> around the edge of the card.
>
> On your print screen, at the "Change Copies Per Sheet"
> button...set the Horizontal and Vertical gap to Zero.
> Try .7 for the side margin.
>
> The result should be a printed page with only a line
> separating the cards. Cut the line...you're done.
--

John Inzer
return e-mail disabled

0
oobie (2069)

How to register CRM Workgroup server 4.0
Hellow, i have a problem with a CRM Workgroup server 4.0 on a Registration Assistant. Fill all the form data but when I give the register button tells me I need an internet connection and not register, the server have connection to internet and everything is ok. I would appreciate some help. Thank's __________ Informaci´┐Żn de ESET Smart Security, versi´┐Żn de la base de firmas de virus 5356 (20100810) __________ ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com On Aug 11, 4:34=A0pm, "microsoft" <jcasti...@sbsoftware.es> wrote: > Hellow, i have ...

Need 5 Business Days...
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. I have a query that is pulling all records ">=[StartDate] and < [EndDate]+1" I also have a field [TurnTime] that is a calculation of [DateMailed]-[Complete]. My problem is that our Turn Time Standard is five business days. I can't identify business days here. Is there something I can do to this field or should I have another field identify how many business days exist in the list of dates between [StartDate] and [EndDate]? Then use that field for setting the criteria to >5? I would really, really appreciate any help or advice! ...

return different values based on 4 criteria?
Need Formula or macro to allocate the "Scheduled hours" based on Group Counts: If Group "A" and "C" are both greater than 1, then Scheduled "A" and "C" should both be 6 hours If Group "A" and "C" are equal to or less than 0, then Scheduled "A" and "C" should both be 0 hours If Group "A" greater than 1, and Group "C" is equal to 0, then Scheduled "A" should 12 hours If Group "C" greater than 1, and Group "A" is equal to 0, then Schedule...

Business Data Lookup 07-11-06
I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which is supposed to allow CRM data to be inserted into office documents such as a Word file. Inside of Word 2003, I see a "Insert from CRM" button, but when I click on it, nothing happens. It is just clicked, but no options come up after that. Is this a bug? --- Brandon Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com I think it is. I experienced the same. On top of that it will slow down MS Office heavily. Forget it. "Brandon" wrote: > I have installed the Business Data Lookup add on which...

Guide to using M2004 Small Business?
Can anyone direct me to a guide or resource or something on handling a small business with M2004 Small Business? Until now, for many Money versions, I've simply had a Wages: Self Employment with a report that showed this category, and then I would handle taxes through TaxAct. But now my sole proprietor single person consulting firm is getting more active, so I got the Small Business Edition. But looking at the Business home page and the bCentral links, I'm quite overwhelmed on the whole concept of the AR and the invoices and customers and all, and could use something to set it up prope...

Mail Merge to Email with Contact Cards Attached
Hi, I am creating a mail merge to email for a large number of our customers. To that mail merge I would like to add a number of contact cards as attachments. So far I haven't found a way to do this. Can anyone help? Thanks, Joe Joe <joe@microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am creating a mail merge to email for a large number of our > customers. To that mail merge I would like to add a number of > contact cards as attachments. > > So far I haven't found a way to do this. Can anyone help? > > Thanks, > Joe You can't use attachments in mail ...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

Undisclosed recipients #4
I can not find a function in Outlook that allows me to group address an email to "Undisclosed recipients". Use the BCC field for this or use Mail Merge from within Word -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "TVG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05b101c48b2c$333af420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I can not find a function in Outlook that allows me to > group address an email to "Undisclosed recipient...

Hiding rows #4
I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. Is this possible and if so how? I find the easiest thing to do is to apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that range. Then I can filter to show only the non-blanks. Caconz wrote: > > I have rows that only display data if the dollar amount is greater than 0. > > I would like to automatically hide the rows that have no data. > Is this possible and if so how? -- Dave Peterson ...

free busy data
Hi, I have an exch2k3 environment with approx. 50 users in 3 ad domains. I would like to automatically assign rights to 2 groups of users to view/edit other users calendars. Is there a hi-level way of doing this? Can you administratively state that a user's free busy data (calendar) is visible / editable to other users? Now we have to rely on users individual configuration for Calendar access and this is very error prone. Any pointers would be helpful. regards david There is no way to do this administratively. You'll have to log on to each of their mailboxes and do it. ...

Expand capabilities of Time Off requests in Business Portal.
The current capabilities of managing time-off requests in Great Plains is very limited. I would like the ability to set-up more than Vacation/Sick time-off codes, and this should flow through to Business Portal so employees can specify if the time-off is vacation, sick, personal, floating holiday, etc... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

The Subject Tree is in a different order following 4.0 upgrade
We are working with an instance of CRM that has a quite extensive subject tree. Following the upgrade to V4.0, some of the level 2 or level 3 subjects display in a different order. The subject tree in 3.0 always displayed in alphabetical order but in 4.0 this is not the case. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a way to re-order the subject tree. Yes, I have experienced the same issue with CRM 4.0 at one of the clients. I believed this is a bug in CRM and you should open a support case with Microsoft support to see if they have a hotfix for this issue. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Get SQL Business Alerts to work with Manufacturing Tables
I was surprised during recent project that SQL Business Alerts did not work with any manufacturing tables. In our situation we wanted ECN's (from Engineering Change Module) to work with SQL Business Alerts so that users would know a new ECN had been created. The inconsistently in our (Microsoft Great Plains) product is still an issue. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this ...

CRM 4.0 preview blank ??
Hi I have a customer running CRM 4.0, every machine but one can't show the preview (example) data. No matter if it is on activities or accounts. When the icon is clicked the preview pane is dropped down but theres nothing in it, if we hover the mouse over it, it shows that there are fields ?? Firefox and google chrome is installed on the same pc, it's Vista and IE 7.0 as primary browser. ANY IDEAS ?? Jack ...

v-Cards
When sending v-cards from Outlook 2000, to machine using Outlook 2002, cannot view properly. Can send from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2000 and works fine. ...

post cards #2
I am getting the same address 4 times per page on my post card document. Heck, I am not even getting that. I used to get that and somehow, it has disappeared. I am trying to print 2 per page front & back. I have read some of the articles on this forum and tried to use the tips suggested, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get 2 up front & back on 1 page ... "candyb" wrote: > I am getting the same address 4 times per page on my post card document. Are you actually printing it or just doing a preview? Print Preview has a glitch and will only show one...

Small Business Edition #2
I am in Australia and we cannot get a copy of this product. Can anyone help me obtain a copy of Money 2005 or Money 2004 Small Business Edition. Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C4A78F.4872EDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable There is a post 20 mins before yours headed "Money 2003, Money 2004, = Money 2005 problems anyone ?", posted by somebody in OZ who has M2005. = You might want to find that post and get in touch. --=20 Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money...

Bill Pay #4
I just switched from 04 to 06 and something didn't transfer right with my MSN Bill Pay. It used to be attached directly to my checking account so in Money I could just say pay online and it was no problem. But now pay online doesn't show up in the options. The MSN Bill Pay shows up in my online services but it doesn't seem to be connected properly to my checking account. Any help would be great. Cam Cam -- I also just switched from 04 to 06 and have the same problem. After about an hour on the phone with Microsoft I was told by representative Brian that this is a bug ...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

Business Portal Req Management
It would nice to display vendor name and Gl descripition when adding requisition lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=79a610a0-cc0e-42ae-971d-8475ebe909d...

Word as editor either busy or not found
I installed Office 2002 on my laptop but it's not letting me use Word as the editor of new messages saying Word is either "busy" or "cannot be found". How can I tell Outlook where it is? "Nathan Schwam" <nathan.schwam@josephstreetrecords.com> wrote in message news:BFC58217.B00F%nathan.schwam@josephstreetrecords.com... >I installed Office 2002 on my laptop but it's not letting me use Word as >the > editor of new messages saying Word is either "busy" or "cannot be found". > How can I tell Outlook where it is? > ...

CRM 4.0 Auto-fill Error
When I type the first few letters in the lookup field and the "more than one match" list comes up, if I select Look up more records (at the bottom of the list) it gives me an Error everytime. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone resolved it? Thank you, Suzy ...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

CRM 4 Mobile?
I am wondering what options are planned for working with CRM 4.0 on Windows Mobile devices. All my searches so far seem to end with Mobile Express for CRM 3.0 and the Mobile Client for 3.0, and bad links pointing to the old Sandbox on the GotDotNet site. Any information is greatly appreciated. No information at this time ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde "Brett" <Brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83F08067-EF7F-4190-86F0-019342E06642@microsoft.com... >I am wonder...

date #4
Hi All I live in South Africa, and I have an interesting problem that persists in Excel 2003 and 2007. =TEXT(NOW(),"dd mmm yyyy") returns 15 Dec 2006 =month(now()) returns 12 =text(month(now()),"MMMM") returns January =year(now()) returns 2006 =text(year(now()),"yyyy") returns 1905 Why would this be? Thanks Chris Chris, =text(month(now()),"MMMM") should be =text(now(),"MMMM") and =text(year(now()),"yyyy") should be =text(now(),"yyyy") or just =year(now()) Otherwise, you are calcing the month of the 12th day afte...