Business Cards #12

I would like to create a Business card with a photo from my camera, for a
background. How small of a file do I need to use? I want the whole Business
card used for the photo. It will be like a watermark.

Tankeryanker <Tankeryanker@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently
heard to utter:
> I would like to create a Business card with a photo from my camera,
> for a background. How small of a file do I need to use? I want the
> whole Business card used for the photo. It will be like a watermark.

You can use any size photo under 16MB.
Note that when using Publisher 2000 and below it has to be under 16MB when
decompressed to a raw BMP file.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6342)

V-Cards
When sending a v-card, how to I get it so the other person can see what category I have chosen for the contact being sent? Is this possible? "Goldenstar" <Goldenstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4711E07C-3AE8-40CB-ABE8-AC970B57FF0F@microsoft.com... > When sending a v-card, how to I get it so the other person can see what > category I have chosen for the contact being sent? Is this possible? I don't believe categories are part of vCards. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Creating a form / card
Hi there. Was hoping someone could help, been trying for ages. All I want to do is remove all the excess cells and space from my work-sheet so that I get a nice tidy form / card. Thanks so much. Dan -- dhunter84 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dhunter84's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33373 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531997 Dan, you can't remove them but you can hide them, select the rows you want to hide and format rows hide, do the same for the columns...

internet free/busy
hello, i am trying to get outlook calendar sharing going on our office lan with no avail. not interested in exchange cost & overkill. all i want to do is to have my users be able to see each other's appointments availability. all computers are on Windows XP pro (sp2) with Outlook 2003 sp1. what i've done is gone into the internet free/busy area in calendar options. now i've done a TON of research, but i can't seem to be able to find EXACTLY what to put in these two boxes under publish & search. I have setup a share on the office server which on all computers is ...

Business Portal deployment and queries #2
Hi, I would like to know how to transfer our customized queries in a BP deployement. When we deployed BP from our test environnement to production it worked smooltly for the sharepoint part but the problem is that the queries didn't follow... We don't want to recreate all customized queries on each deployement ! I pretty sure that the queries are in the Dynamics database. I tried to backup the test version of that DB and restore it in prod but after that BP refused to start-up... So, is the solution to export only certain Dynamics tables data ? If yes, which tables ? M...

RMA and Credit Card Processing
I was wondering what others do when processing credit card returns. We currently use RMA's and when we credit the customer's credit card (in SOP), we need to provide an existing authorization number with the credit card from a sales document. Our customers may not be able to identify the original sale or it could be from multiple sales, so we end up looking up all of the customer's sales and taking an auth number from a sale that will cover the returned amt. There has to be an easier way... I'd appreciate any feedback! thanks! ...

SMTP #12
I have SBS 2003 running exchange 2003. I want exchange to use the smtp server of my isp instead of using itself to send email directly to the recipients. How can I do this? Thanks. -- ---------------------------------------------------- This mailbox protected from junk email by MailFrontier Desktop from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com Go to the System Manager and at the Virtual SMTP server right clic/Properties. At the Tab Delivery go to the Advanced button and at the Smart box put the SMTP server from your ISP. At the same Tab (Delivery) you will se another button t...

email Forwarding #12
I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was disabled. I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook client because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule. Now, that the user is disabled and left the company, the email rule is still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i disable this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook, but only for this user only? Thx Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule it has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open...

Open File
Let me try this again... I have a Desktop shortcut to an executable on a network share. This is a new PC, XP Pro. When I double-click the icon I get the "Open File - Security Warning" message. I Googled this and found 2 fixes. Both are security settings in IE. I tried both: under Security>Trusted Sites, add the server name. Also, on that same tab, under Local Intranet>Sites, make sure "include all network paths(UNC)" are checked off. Still get the same message. Is there anything else that can be done to get rid of this annoying message? Non...

Stocks with high dividend yield
Stocks with high dividend yield - 05/12/2006 For a list of stocks with high dividend yield, in Dow 30, Nasdaq 100, S&P 100, S&P 400 and S&P 500 indices, please go to: http://www.investment-tools.com and then click on "Enter Reports Area" button. Access to reports area is free ...

Rolling 12 Month Report
I need to create a report that shows Rolling 12 month sums over a range of months. i.e. the range jan07 - dec07 would need to generate rolling sums where jan07 = sum(jan07 - feb06) feb07 = sum(feb07 - mar06) .... .... dec07 = sum(dec07 - jan07) eventually i would like these rolling sums in a graph. I have created the VBA and the query which creates a table with all of the data I need, but I cant figure out how to get these sums in the report in an efficient manner. any ideas? I am comfortable with VBA. Thanks, Adam On Mar 4, 8:47=A0am, adam.v...@gmail.com wrote: > I need to create ...

How to open a specific worksheet via code from workbook_open 04-12-10
I have a combobox which is populated with all the worksheets within the workbook. The controlsource of the combobox is linked to cell c5 on Sheet1 My question is how do i make the Excel workbook open at the worksheet which is detailed within the combobox linked cell. I've been previously using in the Workbook_Open procedure:- Worksheets(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("c5").Value) but the above code doesnt seem to work. Hope you can help! Cheers Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'Sheet CodeName 'http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-vba-sheet-names.htm S...

Excel Reports and Business Portal
Hi, Can the new functionality of Excel Reports within Dynamics GP be published and viewed on BP4 in any way? Are there any things to consider regards the location of the ODC file and reports in a complex security environment, and where both thock clients and Citrix are used? -- Thank you Neil ------=_NextPart_0001_03156EF8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The new Excel reports can be deployed to a SharePoint Report Center, which you will have if you installed BP on MOSS when using the Site Collection Template of ...

Business Portal
I have installed WSS/Business Portal per the BP 3.0 Installation Guide, but am having trouble connecting it to my GP company. When I go to the configure button within the BP site, I only have the option for the Phone Company, and I have been unable to find any documentation or help on getting the BP connected to my GP company. Thanks The "connection" to your GP data is made during the Business Portal install process. During installation you are asked for the GP 9 SQL server information, to create a login and then several tables are created in the DYNAMICS database to suppor...

Function Problem 12-07-07
Hello...ok I have a form with a button that I am trying to get to call on a function. I have been able to do this and the funtion processes but I keep getting an error. Now, the funtion works perfectly if I run it from the switchboard/menu, but when run from the form button I get this error: "The action or method requires a Table Name argument" Here is the code I have: Private Sub Update_All_Records_Click() On Error GoTo Update_All_Records_Click_Err DoCmd.OpenFunction Public_Income_Update_Step_1 Update_All_Records_Click_Exit: Exit Sub Update_All_Records_Click_Err: M...

Calendar Events and Tasks are deleting on their own 12-17-09
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This is a weird one. I even took my MacBook to the Apple Store and they couldn't figure this one out. <br><br>My calendar events and Tasks are deleting within one minute of me creating them. It also deleted all of my events that were previously entered. There are a few that stayed and did not delete. I cannot find a pattern to determine which stayed and which got deleted. The thing that i did notice about events that stayed is that they are all All Day Events. New All Day Events del...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Workflow Rules: Changing Owner/Business Unit
We have a workflow rule which was modified by a user. After the modification, the rule took on that user's business unit as its business unit. I need to put the rule back in the original business unit (which is our top-level BU.) but I can't figure out how to change this. I've searched and searched and can't find any information on setting the business unit for a workflow rule. All I found was in the MSCRM Help where it says that the workflow rule has the business unit of it's owner which is set to the creator. This particular rule was modified by the user, but not created ...

outlook 2003 05-12-10
when I receive a new Email after 2 minutes outlook put the email as Read. how I can change that ? "EDINDC" <EDINDC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E64FA109-1723-4A98-B811-CC61A1BDAC42@microsoft.com... > when I receive a new Email after 2 minutes outlook put the email as Read. > how > I can change that ? Are you previewing the message in the Reading Pane? Click Tools>Options>Other>Reading Pane and adjust the time Outlook will wait before marking a message as read when viewed in the Reading Pane. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outl...

Credit Card payments on Invoices
Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. We entered credit card payments on several (over 2 dozen) invoices for a particular vendor. Those payments each created an invoice to the credit card vendor, so all is well there. However, when we create a check batch, we still see the original vendor name in the batch, with $0.00 due. When we click on the vendor, we see all of the invoices, with amount due of $0.00 each and the indication that a document was applied to them. Our Aged Payables is correct, as is our Vendor Inquiry. The invoices still appearing in the check batch aren't cau...

lookup 12-10-07
hi, i am new to access and working on access 2000. my problem goes like this. i have a table in which i have different departments for my company. i have another table in which i have all the employess id, their department, name and designation. in a form i want that in a particular feid if i enter the department (from a combo box), i should have all the employees details that are working in that particular deprtment. i will choose the particular employee and the designation of that employee should get stored in the forms feild. please help. thanks in advance. arun ...

Moving free/busy data
I am running Exhange 2000 and added a new server about a year ago. Now I am trying to remove the original Exchange server from the domain and every time I shut it down my users get the "unable to update free/busy data" message. I need to move this data from the old server to the new one. How can I do that???? On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 05:56:01 -0800, Mbach <Mbach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exhange 2000 and added a new server about a year ago. Now I am >trying to remove the original Exchange server from the domain and every time >I shut it down my ...

Convert text to date 12-21-07
Hello, I am trying to link to a text file. I was having trouble converting 20011975 into a date/time format but it wasn't working. So I formatted the field as a text file. I have tried converting this to 20/01/1975 in a query but it comes out with errors and wierd dates. I've had a look at the other messages and had a go but no go. thanks Regardless of how your dates are displayed either by formatting or based on regional settings, all date functions exppect a month day year format. To convert your string to a date field: strTextDate = "20011975" SomeDate = DateSer...

page setup for two sided business card
I am trying to print information on a two sided business card but it is not being printed in line help me pls.. What do you mean? Anything that is on page two, when you turn your card over to print, will be just the opposite as what you see on the screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andie" <Andie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79A5E4A9-3729-4699-9A4E-63C04DB72263@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print information on a two sided business card but it is not > being printed ...

Old Gift Cards / Vouchers Best Practices
I have been using gift cards since 2003 and have hundreds with anywhere from 1$ -25$ on them that are older than 24 months that I don't think any customer will ever come back in to use. I would like to zero them all out so I can remove them from my books. RMS Support has suggested creating a non-inventory item and letting each old gift card buy this item to zero out its balance. This way I can see where the card's final use went if there are any questions in the futrue . This makes since to me as a way to get rid of these cards and there balances, but does it make se...

Need access to credit card transactions that do not settle.
The inability to view transaction details, re-submit as-is or modify unsettled credit card transactions leaves the user with few choices. The credit card vendor may be able to look up the transaction and re-create it from the authorization, but this takes a lot of time and relies on the availability of talented customer service reps at the credit card processor. The alternative is to re-enter the whole transaction in the POS system. This option is usually not available as the user probably does not have the credit card number and, in those cases where they can, the result is a repor...