Business Card Printing Small

Hello Everyone,

I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem.  When I
print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards
print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead
of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper.
However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they
should.  The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0.
I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer.  I have printed business cards
several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any problems.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be?  Thanks for your
help in advance.

--
Jarhead
0

I guess if I had this problem I wouldn't let my printer know it is printing
business cards. Is there a business card setting on your printer? Why not just
use the letter setting?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Jarhead" <Jarhead@community.nospam> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem.  When I
> print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards
> print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead
> of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper.
> However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they
> should.  The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0.
> I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer.  I have printed business cards
> several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any problems.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be?  Thanks for your
> help in advance.
>
> --
> Jarhead

0
mary-sauer (6480)
5/1/2006 6:32:02 PM
Thank you for your help.  My problem was a printer formatting problem.
Again, thanks for the suggestion
--
Jarhead

"Jarhead" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem.  When I
> print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards
> print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead
> of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper.
> However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they
> should.  The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0.
> I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer.  I have printed business cards
> several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any problems.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be?  Thanks for your
> help in advance.
>
> --
> Jarhead
0
Jarhead (2)
5/4/2006 1:58:02 AM
I'm glad you got it all sorted out, thanks for posting back.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Thank you for your help.  My problem was a printer formatting problem.
> Again, thanks for the suggestion
> --
> Jarhead
>

> "Jarhead" wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I seek your help in correcting a business card printing problem.  When I
>> print business cards using Publisher 2003 and business card paper the cards
>> print very small and to the center of the business card paper stock instead
>> of all of the ten cards printing in the individual blocks on the card paper.
>> However, if I print the cards using regular paper, they print out as they
>> should.  The label settings are as follows: .75,.5, 0, and 0.
>> I am using a Tektronix Phaser 740 printer.  I have printed business cards
>> several times in the pass on this printer and did not have any problems.
>> Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem might be?  Thanks for your
>> help in advance.
>>
>> --
>> Jarhead

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Exchange 2007: Problem with Free/Busy aka Availability Service (?)
Hi guys, Installed latest Exchange 2007 beta 2 in a clean new environment. One server, CAS/Mailbox/Hub. Enabled Outlook 2003 support (Public Folder is installed). Connected a Vista beta 2 client with Office 2007 beta 2 to the same domain Creating a meeting request in Outlook but free/busy information for attendees is not available. Error message: "Suggestions cannot be provided because free/busy data could not be retrieved." Same thing with OWA works well Any ideas? Regards, Marco ...

Business Contact Manager How To Discconnect
The title says it all. After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it possible to discconnect? If so how? Your help is appreciated and will be acknowledged! Thanks (B^>)-]=[ "WSR" <wsr-203@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ui5YSiF6KHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > The title says it all. Um, no it doesn't. What do you mean by "dosconnect"? > After establishing your Outlook to a Business Contact Manager, is it > possible to discconnect? > > If so how? The Business Contact Manager is...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Printing Tent Cards
I'm using Word 2003 & trying to print several tent cards with a single name on them. The first three printed fine and were centered. All of a sudden, they're printing to the left, but not quite left justified. What happened? How do I fix this? Thanks Maybe you accidentally touched a key combination that changed to left- justify, and your paragraph style has an indent? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to be sure you don't have stray spaces or tabs or something before the line, and be sure to use the correct paragraph style (are you using a d...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

Difference between Teams and Business Units
Hi, We are trying to implement CRM 3.0.Our sales teams are divided in to four groups and we would like to restrict their record access groupwise . Each team consists of a Manager and few executives. Even though I have created teams and added the corresponding members, every one can see all the records. Do I have to create a business unit to solve this? Regards, George If you wish to restrict the view of data, creating seperate Business Units is the best way forward, you can share out records to teams. "Pradeep George" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to implemen...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Money '06
Why does money categorize a transfer from my checking account to my savings account as an expense. The help window says to select the Credit Card Payment/Transfer category but this still records the transfer transaction as an expense. For example, If I move $500 from my checking to my savings account, my monthly report will show that I earned $500 in additional income and spent $500 in additional expense. The Expense Category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers" is just that--it's an Expense category. Assuming you are using Advanced Registers, delete that category with extrem...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

changing column headings in Business Portal for GP
How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? Sean E., Thanks for using the newsgroup. What version of BP are you using? Could you provide more detail for what you are trying to accomplish? Thanks Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Sean E." wrote: > How do I change a column heading in Business Portal for Great Plains? ...

Printing Check Register
Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about later versions? In microsoft.public.money, OhMarty wrote: >Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about >later versions? > 2001 and later versions allow File->Print from the register. You can also Customize the Transaction report to your liking. There you can select the date range and other factors, which may be advantageous. I have Money 2001, but there is no File->Print from the register. Seems like I can only print reports. I would like to print out the register just a...

GP Payroll and HR Report Printing Problem #2
Hi I am using GP9. I am not able to print the report for an employee from cards or reports even in Fabrikam company. It simply shows the Employee master detail Level 3 Total Number of Employee: 0 The user have the all rights to access Payroll & HR We did the check links the result is same But if I add new employee it prints fine no problem. I cant delete all the information of more than 100 employee payroll and HR data and recreate again. Any one can help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Nizham ...

My web publication is 5 pages but only 1 page prints. Why?
My web publication is 5 pages but only the page I am looking at will print even when I say print all or print pages 1-5. The same applies to sending as an email attachment - only page 1 is attached. I am using Publisher 2003. The publication is a school newsletter. The version previous to this one is fine. When I created this troublesome newsletter I copied the good version. Thanks for your help. -- Nancy B ...

Powerpoint Printing Problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I seem to be having problems printing or saving to a PDF in Powerpoint. I get the spinning disk and then the error reporting box comes up - this is really causing me problems as I'm trying to print lecture slides - PLEASE help!!! Thanks ...

Print Billing Documents
I was trying to 'reprint' all billings in order to post them to our intranet so that sales people could look them up. However, when i save the file to html from the "Print Biller Docs" window, the file doesn't keep the formatting as displayed when i run the print job to the screen. Is there a way to save reprints of billings to a file that maintains the formatting that was used on the original invoice? Any alternative approaches implemented? the only other choices are text and delimited files in the Print Billing Documents window...... thx. You can also use Adob...

how do i get publisher 2003 to print in pantone on my new zerox 6.
i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the colors in Publisher to print correctly. Can someone tell me what to do? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from lori <lori@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > i have a new 6250dp Zerox Phaser Tectronix printer. I cannot get the > colors in Publisher to print correctly. In what way are your your colours not what you want? Is it, say, that colours are generally a little too light or too dark, or that green is printing as blue, or pink as green? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft...

Printing Problem
Hi, this problem is about to drive me crazy. The page number "001" keeps showing up in page break view. I know how to go to normal view to not see it, but the problem is this, the 001 prints out on every 1st page I print. If I print out 3 pages, only page 1 of 3 has a big 001 in the middle of it. I checked the header and footer to make sure they had no page numbers. Please help me get the 001 to stop printing! Please! kimmy That's the strangest darn thing. Does this happen with every workbook and sheet or just one? Perhaps you have some Before_Print code in the ThisWorkb...

Money 04 Small Business
With Small Business edition of Money 2004, Can you have more then 1 business? For example, If I have a Home- Based business and my wife has a different Home-Based business can we keep them in separate accounts with independent data? Thanks! I suggest you each have a Money file. Call them something meaningful like "Hisfile" and "Herfile". As Money remembers the last file it opened you will either need to always use File > Open or create a couple of desktop shortcuts pointing to the relevant files. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips h...

Postcard Printing
I am operating Office 2000 running Publisher. I have created a 4.25" X 6" postcard and print it from the envelope printer on an HP Laserjet 1200 using the "A6" print option. "A6" and "Japanese Postcard" are the only options available that center the print in the correct space for this card. The problem is that when printing, the printer sends out three additional pages with the printed card on both of these settings. I have changed all of the settings on Page Setup and Print Setup to try and eliminate the added pages with no effect. How do ...