Business Card Print Alignment

My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print
there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
top and .75 sides,
no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
need to do would help my sanity, thanks.
0
kocoboy (5)

Check your printer's setup. Make sure you are telling it what stock you are
using. that could make a difference.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they
> print
> there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> top and .75 sides,
> no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> need to do would help my sanity, thanks.

0
jl_paules (2769)
11/3/2007 2:12:31 PM
What version Publisher?

Is your printer driver current?Might check with the manufacturer's web page.

When you print on plain paper, is it printing correctly? Are the margins
printing correctly on other publications?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print
> there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> top and .75 sides,
> no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> need to do would help my sanity, thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/3/2007 2:34:14 PM
I have tried that, I think, tried setting it to Other Specialty Papers and
Other Greeting Cards instead of Plain Paper, it appears the printer is not
advancing the heavier stock far enough as the print alignment works fine on
normal paper, advances it farther. So any clue on how to address that?
Thanks for your consideration.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Check your printer's setup. Make sure you are telling it what stock you are
> using. that could make a difference.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they
> > print
> > there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> > top and .75 sides,
> > no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> > need to do would help my sanity, thanks.

0
kocoboy (5)
11/3/2007 2:42:00 PM
Version 2002, yes it prints fine on plain paper, as well as other other
publications.
I'll check website, printer is an HP psc 1350.  Thanks for trying.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher?
>
> Is your printer driver current?Might check with the manufacturer's web page.
>
> When you print on plain paper, is it printing correctly? Are the margins
> printing correctly on other publications?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print
> > there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> > top and .75 sides,
> > no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> > need to do would help my sanity, thanks.

0
kocoboy (5)
11/3/2007 2:53:00 PM
Drivers are current for the printer, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears,
thanks.

"kocoboy" wrote:

> Version 2002, yes it prints fine on plain paper, as well as other other
> publications.
> I'll check website, printer is an HP psc 1350.  Thanks for trying.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > What version Publisher?
> >
> > Is your printer driver current?Might check with the manufacturer's web page.
> >
> > When you print on plain paper, is it printing correctly? Are the margins
> > printing correctly on other publications?
> >
> > --
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >
> > "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print
> > > there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> > > top and .75 sides,
> > > no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> > > need to do would help my sanity, thanks.

0
kocoboy (5)
11/3/2007 4:17:01 PM
This maybe your issue
Mailing Labels -  The Top Margin Varies .25 to .5 Inch When Printing on Avery
Labels
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00283315&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=306888&os=228&rule=40592&lang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Drivers are current for the printer, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears,
> thanks.
>
> "kocoboy" wrote:
>
>> Version 2002, yes it prints fine on plain paper, as well as other other
>> publications.
>> I'll check website, printer is an HP psc 1350.  Thanks for trying.
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > What version Publisher?
>> >
>> > Is your printer driver current?Might check with the manufacturer's web
>> > page.
>> >
>> > When you print on plain paper, is it printing correctly? Are the margins
>> > printing correctly on other publications?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >
>> > "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/3/2007 4:37:00 PM
Would certainly appear that way, thank you so very much for your diligence
and helpful effort, I am impressed, first time trying the forum and will
definite use again, thanks again Mary.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> This maybe your issue
> Mailing Labels -  The Top Margin Varies .25 to .5 Inch When Printing on Avery
> Labels
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00283315&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=306888&os=228&rule=40592&lang=en
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Drivers are current for the printer, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears,
> > thanks.
> >
> > "kocoboy" wrote:
> >
> >> Version 2002, yes it prints fine on plain paper, as well as other other
> >> publications.
> >> I'll check website, printer is an HP psc 1350.  Thanks for trying.

0
kocoboy (5)
11/3/2007 11:12:00 PM
I'm afraid I wasn't much help. Usually manufacturer's web sites have very good
support documents.
Thanks for posting back, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Would certainly appear that way, thank you so very much for your diligence
> and helpful effort, I am impressed, first time trying the forum and will
> definite use again, thanks again Mary.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> This maybe your issue
>> Mailing Labels -  The Top Margin Varies .25 to .5 Inch When Printing on Avery
>> Labels
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00283315&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=306888&os=228&rule=40592&lang=en
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Drivers are current for the printer, so if anyone has any ideas I'm all
>> > ears,
>> > thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/4/2007 9:39:28 AM
This should solve your problem,I just figured it out today myself.
You set the margins to 0.6 and 0.5
The gaps to 0 and 0

"kocoboy" wrote:

> My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print
> there is no margin at the top.  I've set the multiple cards per page at .5
> top and .75 sides,
> no vertical or horiz. gaps.  This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I
> need to do would help my sanity, thanks.
0
macphade (5)

Upgrade to which Money 2004 edition from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business?
Upgrade to which Money 2004 edition from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business? I am currently using desktop Money 2003 Deluxe & Business. I am going to upgrade to the Money 2004 edition with emphasis on small business. I noticed that there are changes made in the software titles. Is Money 2004 Small Business the right choice for me, if features for small business is emphasized? I would also appreciate your advices about the methods of upgrading. Do I need to uninstall version 2003 and then install version 2004, or just install version 2004 on the top of version 2003? If I need to un...

I am using excel 2002 with the business objects addin for Infoview
I have macros which manipulate the data. I am trying to find a value which I know is in the data, but find won't find it. I have tried using a value in a column which I paste into the find.... still no luck. Any ideas? ...

cannot print A4 size how do i do it
how do you print in A4 size In article <1E372C2C-A683-440F-A078-7CABBD995793@microsoft.com>, lonestar296 <lonestar296@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how do you print in A4 size You set up your printer to print A4 which most (Not all, but most) do by default, you get a choice of Portrait or Landscape, you stick some A4 sheets of paper in the printer, then click the printer icon. If of course you mean "Set Print Area" in the sheet, that's another matter. Helps if the question is a bit more detailed and not quite so cryptic. Dave -- Dave Triffid I do ...

Printing or formatting issue? #2
Dear all, Please bear with me on this one, I have posted something similar in th past and thought this issue had been resolved but hasn't!! In Finance we have staff who work on individual worksheets, these ar then sent to one person who collates them into one workbook; this is the sent to our Finance MD and PA. The person who sends the workbook can print all sheets out fine on his HP5000n (A4 and A3), however the Finance P (HP4050) and the MD (HPxxx) cannot, they complain that the formatting is al "off". I can confirm that all these users and those who originally create the wor...

Printing error
The rows in the print range are printing as pages? Robert Maybe you can give us a little more info. How is your data laid out? How many blank rows between rows of data? How long are the rows relative to one printout row? Is all this on one sheet? How, exactly, are you telling Excel to print the range? Exactly how? What does Excel do? What did you want Excel to do? HTH Otto "Robert Feenet" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074601c3ce1d$cb9e79c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The rows in the print range are printing as pages? ...

Printing problem #6
We have Outlook 2000 here and one of our workstations is printing differently than the others, even though the settings are the same. We are trying to print our contacts from our public folders and for some reason the machine is printing only only half of the contacts on one page and the other 5 on another. The other machines are printing the whole list on one page landscape Letter mode 11x8.5. The offending machine looks almost like it is trying to print a legal sized envelop in the middle of the page. There is about 2 inches on the top and bottom of the page. The list is centered and no...

Printing sequence errors?
My checks are printing in the wrong sequence when I print several checks in a row. They are going last to first. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? cstengel@comcast.net Several checks (3,2,1 on a sheet) or several sheets (4,5,6 on the first sheet printed and 1,2,3 on the last sheet printed)? If the latter, see http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q99. "casey stengel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22aa01c3e11f$ad4b39d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My checks are printing in the wrong sequence when I print > several checks in a row. They are going...

Duplex printing in Publisher 2003 again v.11
For a 36 page booklet, can you help me a.) print p1 & 34 and 2 & 33 only using duplex printer (Canon)? and b.) have we discovered yet how to duplex a full sample booklet on a duplex printer? I'd be obliged. Robform1 Robform wrote: > For a 36 page booklet, can you help me a.) print p1 & 34 and 2 & 33 only > using duplex printer (Canon)? and Printing 1 and 36 only: File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Change 1 to 2 to do 2 and 35 only. (Pages 1 and 34 are not on the same spread, so I assumed you meant 1 and 36, etc.) ...

how can I open attachments with several pages to read and print
I had a situation last Fall where my Outlook preferences changed, it's now becoming annoying. Before I could open attachments with several pages, review them by page and print as needed. Suddenly every attachment activates my CS2 program, this change now causes me to read each page separately by going back and reopening the attachment then go to the page each and every time? willywlm@comcast.net wrote: NOTE: Do not expose your true e-mail address in newsgroup posts. Spam bots harvest e-mail address from Usenet. Munge your e-mail address or use a bogus one (but do NOT u...

How do I print greyscale in excel?
How can I get my font to print ghosted or in greyscale in excel? right click the cell, Format Cells - Font - click on color and pick grey You might want to run through all available fonts "Walt" wrote: > How can I get my font to print ghosted or in greyscale in excel? For selected cells in ghost/gray, select light gray font color For whole spreadsheet in ghost/gray, select from options in you printer menu olivier.villedey@neufcegetel.f -- dzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

print message tracking list?
I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history, but i need to print a list of all the messages a user sent out in a week. I believe about all you can do is to execute a "print screen"... "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077BF10C-0628-4280-AB2E-F89A4E5B2EE7@microsoft.com... > I need to print out a display of all the messages tracked by a user, is this > possible? i know you cant save each individual email's message history...

small type when printed
My worksheet is compressed to really tiny print when I print it to a printer or pdf Create. Only one tab is small print. I can not see anything in page set-up or formatting that would cause this problem. Check Page Setup>Page for scaling options. Adjust to Percent? Fit to: 1 by 1 can make things tiny Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 10 May 2010 12:41:01 -0700, kmonhoff <kmonhoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My worksheet is compressed to really tiny print when I print it to a printer >or pdf Create. Only one tab is small print. I can not see...

V CARD
How can I import an outlook v-card/vcard into CRM easily. WHen i drag and drop the vcard into my "Contacts in CRM" folder, it does not show up. ...

Print Quarterfold Greeting Cards
I have created a document, and when I go to print it the print setup page shows that it must print with pages 2 and 3 at the top, upside down, and pages 4 and 1 are right side up at the bottom. However, the print preview shows the pages in order of 1,2,3, and 4, all right side up and that is how they are printing....so I cannot create a quarterfold greeting card afer all my hard work. I have tried shutting down Publisher and re-opening the document but nothing is working. Help? I should have specified that I am using Windows Vista and Publisher 2007. So I solved my own prob...

Spreadsheet Printing
Hi I hope you can help me. My wife is a nurse and has the hospital ward duty shift on an excel spreadsheet. Across the top is the date and down the left hand side are the nurses names. The chart itself has a D for day, N for night, X for day off and AL for annual leave. From this they want to print a list of individual days. So they could highlight a date and then printout (on one page) a list of who is on nights, days, etc. They have excel 2002 (office XP). I hope you can help. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Eric One way is to temporarily hide the columns you don't w...

Dulpex Printing.
Can anyone help?? I have 5 page excel workbook. I can print all 5 worksheets by making all tab 'active'. then select print. My printer will auto duplex.-- except when trying to print several active worksheets. I can find NO refernece anywhere to this particular application, but I have since tried it on various types of printers with the same results. what about if you try to print the entire workbook? Go to File-->Print and under Print What select "Entire Workbook" "Kirk Bauer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047f01c3a02...

How to find printouts already printed in one note
How do i find the printouts in one note? Like i printed stuff to it but cant find it. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > How do i find the printouts in one note? Like i printed stuff to it but cant > find it. Look at what you've set under Tools, Options, "Send to Onenote" Bernd ...

Money Plus Home and Business 2008
I just purchased the hard copy of Money Plus Home and Business 2008. My question is: Will it run on Vista? In microsoft.public.money, Sue wrote: >I just purchased the hard copy of Money Plus Home and Business 2008. My >question is: Will it run on Vista? Yes. If you are a previous user, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. If they are in ProgramFiles, Vista will create an impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the user explicitly right-clicks at launc...

Printing Issue #2
I am trying to print a publisher file I have created. It is an older file and has printed fine in the past, but recently when I print it using my HP 3000 it ignores the top margin and starts printing at the very top, no space. If I print it on my 4050t hp Laser it print normal. Kepp in mind nothing has changed other than the printer. I have updated my printer drivers and checked all my settings. Everything should be good to go. This is publisher 2000, and I connect to it with Citrix. Thanks for the help, Tim There is a firmware update on the HP site, plus many support documents...

Printing the Tracking tab in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab screen in a Meeting entry? The File ==> Print option only prints out the "Appointment" tab. Thanks in advanced. I think you have to copy & paste the info into Notepad or other program for printing "Outlook Convert" <OutlookConvert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E7B35DC-810C-4739-8397-C6E82F0F89FA@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to print the "Tracking" tab screen in a Meeting entry? The > File ==> Print option only prints out the "Appointment" tab. Th...

Slow MFC printing
Hi there all, I am printing a kind of graphic design with the Doc/View interface and the OnBeginPrinting, OnPrint, OnEndPrinting pattern. I can preview the document and print it ok in local printers. On network printers, I can see on the printer spooler window that the document gets to the printer very slowly, in fact one byte at a time, and then stops. The document remains in "Spooling" state and never gets to "Printing" and finally aborts. The same issue happens in more than 4 network printers I use, where other applications print just fine. The issue happens on all...

Calendar Printing Assistant
I have converted from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Apparently, when printing a monthly calendar, it now truncates each appointment to one line. I have installed Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant. Now, it prints more than one line. However, I cannot find a way to start a monthly calendar format, say, on the 16th of November. It always wants to start on the 26th of October. Is there a way to tell Calendar Printing Assistant to start on other than the first week of the month as you can do with the regular Outlook calendar print? If so, I would appreciate some directions or a referenc...

spurious line breaks + print preview crashes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Dear Mactopia, <br><br>I have recently bought word08 on mac (French language). I have a problem when working on document with several pages: while typing text (no figures or tables), word adds page breaks without any reasons sometimes one line after the preceding page break. Sometimes the page break is automatically removed: its presence seems driven by the fact I time carriage returns, but I am not sure. Note that the problem occurs even when removing automatic corrections, and single lines preventi...

Business Portal 4.0 install
The prerequisite checker tells me that .NET Framework v3.0 is not installed... but I know it has been installed (it's required for MOSS 2007). Can I just go ahead and install BP? You are fine. It's a bug in the checker. "check" <check@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA48A7BD-1537-4589-9389-2C7FFF19DDA8@microsoft.com... > The prerequisite checker tells me that .NET Framework v3.0 is not > installed... but I know it has been installed (it's required for MOSS > 2007). > Can I just go ahead and install BP? Thanks! "T"...

Why am I stuck in greyscale when printing my business cards?
In Publisher/Office2007, I changed my logo. Now as I view the publication, the colors are perfect, however as I go to print or preview, it changes to greyscale only. My publication should be red/white and blue...not grey. This was a HP printer problem. As near as I can ascertain this is fixed in the service packs. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx Or if not you might want to check the web site of your model printer for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "electric dave" <electric dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...