break links #2

Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files?
I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to
turn off the link. is it possible?
thanks
George
0
George6668 (260)

Copy the chart, paste special as an Enhanced Metafile, delete the linked chart.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to break links between excel files to publisher files?
> I have a chart that is linked into a publisher file, but i dont know how to
> turn off the link. is it possible?
> thanks
> George

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Status Bar #2
What is the function of the status bar? To advise you of the status, of course. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lisa" <l-lolson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:12B629D8-0477-4E7D-A012-A4793953E548@microsoft.com... > What is the function of the status bar? As I am trying to teach Excel to our office, I am going over each item in the menu dropdowns. View shows Formula and Status bars. Formula obviously show the cell name and data /formula for the cell. The question is what information/purpose does the Status bar provide? The status bar indicates...

Outlook 2003 Contacts #2
I upgraded from Outlook XP to 2003. When I create a new message and try to selected addresses by clicking on the "To..." field, I get a list of contact folders. The displayed list has folders that I don't even have anymore. I must scroll through the list until I come to my "contacts" folder. The other folders don't appear in either my archive or primary contacts lists. How do I get rid of the "ghost" folders when trying to create a new message? TIA Remove the irrelevant listings here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing direct...

Opening Links in Outlook 2000
Hi i have an issue, where if i click a secure link in outlook, it opens ok, but if i click another secure link without closing Internet explorer, the 2nd link doesnt work. OS is server 2003 running citrix Outlook 2000 SP3 IE7 any ideas? Sackboy This is a setting in your IE. Go to IE\Properties\Advanced and make sure that you have a checkmark in "Reuse windows when launching shortcuts" When done hit Apply. Try the links again -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Sack...

Sharing Mailboxes #2
I am the owner of a dept mailbox and I would like to have others in my department to have access to it. They already have their own personal mailboxes, but we have a department mailbox and I will like to give them access. Thank you ...

Archiving linked workbooks
Hi all, I am fairly new to excel and need some help. I have a workbook 'Reports' that has links to another workbook 'Workings' the w/b 'reports have seven worksheets one for each day of the week, I need to beable to archive this w/b at the end of every week,so 1) I need to save the workbooks to the same folder but each with a different file name. 2) I need to break the links and just send the data, as the original w/b will be cleared to use again. can this be done if so how? --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com H After you have saved the workbook with di...

CEdit problem #2
As for a Edit Box control whose style is left Aligned text, If text of a line is too long,i must add a vertical scroll to see the whole line,for it can't automatically start a new line according to size of control's window.So how can i relize it.I mean automaticall start a new line, in that i no longer add vertical scroll . Here is what you can do. You can catch the EN_CHANGE message in the edit control using message refelection. Then get the required height of the content using DrawText with the DT_CALCRECT flag. When you set pass the width of the text, it will pass back the h...

Problem with OWA #2
I have active OWA in Exchange 2003 and I publish my OWA over Internet by ISA, the problem it's that some Email cannot open by OWA My OWA it's in Spanish and I detect that the Emails cannot be open if the subject has some word with punctuations, example (D�A, Contruci�n.) and its send by a external count. all help appreciated "Gustavo Plazas Vasquez" <gusplazas@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have active OWA in Exchange 2003 and I publish my OWA over Internet by >ISA, the problem it's that some Email cannot open by OWA > >My OWA it's in Spanish and I ...

updating user info #2
I'm wondering how I can go about updating users info in our network. We currently have roughly 1k user accounts that only display 1st and last name along with their display name, alias, city, state. No phone numbers or location etc. Best case here would be to allow the user to update their own info durring our required password changes and not be allowed to log on untill the proper feilds are filled out. Our users move from department to department, often so their info is wrong 90% of the time. Their info in Outlook will say the person is in city (a) meanwhile you come to find out...

how 2 open Publisher 93 document in Publisher 98 or 2003
I have numerous Publisher 92/93 documents which I want to update and save but I keep getting message "Publisher cannot open this document" - I run both Publisher 98 and 2003 - how can I open these documents - many thanx Depending on the specific version of Publisher those files were made with, you may need to find someone who has that version and start saving up to the present. Try finding someone with Pub 97 - that might work. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Nannarob" <Nannarob@discussio...

Customer Source #2
It would be really handy if Customer source and the Great Plains KB was available more often then not It appears everytime I log on and search the KB....I get zero results These are very basic searches.....and yes I have tried clicking the button...instead of hitting enter Last time this happened it only took 4 months to fix. Appears the KB and self support is down more often then it is "up" Do I get a refund of my enhancement fees...seeing that I pay for access to this resouce...which is rarely available. Tami ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...

RUS question #2
Hi a couple of users are stamped with the default recipient policy because the account creator did not porperly enter a value which the RUS is used to apply the correct email addresses. Is ot possible to have RUS stamp the correct email address on top of the default without dioing a rebuild? thanks Did you try using the "Update Now" option? How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "kmonk...

Lost Mail #2
Has anyone ever experienced or documented lost email in an Exchange 5.5 SP4 system. Clients are all Outlook XP. Thanks, Mike Ober. More information: Windows Server 2000 SP4 AD Domain Controller with all critical security patches via semi-automated Windows Update. Windows Update downloads and then waits for an administrator to install. Windows 2000 IIS running on server. Exchange configured per Service Pack readme to log all messages to a Message Journal. This includes IMC messages. Missing emails are found in the message journal as well as a BCC mailbox setup specifically to catch the...

Forwarding to Blackberry #2
We have an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. OS and Exchange are at the latest patch level. Mail for vzw.blackberry.net hangs in the queue and then eventually goes out so there is no ndr or delay error to go by. All other domain including other blackberry resellers work just fine. We tried disabling av scanning, rebooting and of course scrutinize dns. Help, Help, Help! RIM/Verizon blame Exchange! Best Regards, Tom Had something sort of like this. Turned out to be DNS problems. Try going into System Manager-Administrative groups-domain-servers-exchange server-protoco...

I have 2 emails in my outbox that I cannot delete
I have 2 emails in my outbox that I cannot delete. If you try to delete it will give the following message: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist restart outlook. I am running outlook 2002 I'm having the same problem in my version of 2000. I tried repairing it, re-installing it, and updating with all the latest service packs and nothing worked. If anyone has a clue how to fix this please let me know. >-----Original Message----- >I have 2 emails in my outbox that I cannot delete. If you try to delete it >will give the following me...

error C2143 #2
I'm getting these error messages when I try to build. I haven't edited the header file and don't see anything wrong. Does anyone know what is going on here? I get the error in both places where there is a #include "errorDoalog.h". Error messages at bottom. Thanks Mike #if !defined(AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_) #define AFX_ERRORDIALOG_H__9F80CB41_32F3_11D9_811C_000C41E9C262__INCLUDED_ #if _MSC_VER > 1000 #pragma once #endif // _MSC_VER > 1000 // errorDialog.h : header file // //////////////////////////////////////////////...

Printing zip codes that start with 0 #2
I formatted the cell for zip codes and in Excel 2003, the 0 shows up but when I try to mail merge into a Publisher document, it won't print the 0 in zip codes that start with 0. Please help ...

"Office 2008 12.2.4 Update can't be installed on this disk"
I have Office 2008, yet it says "A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Also, I have Mac OS X Version 10.6.2 Jessica Copen | Communications 646-684-4656 jessicopen@nyc.rr.com The most important point which you didn't include is "What is your *current* update level of Office?". In order to apply 12.2.4, the 12.2.3 update must be applied. Use Help> Check for Updates from any of the Office apps. That will start you at whatever level needs be applied first. If you continue to have a problem se the info...

Removing a SMTP address from Default Recipient Policy #2
Hi All, I've the above mentioned problem and we had already gone through the below mentioned steps, as someone else has the same issue, but I already tried all that and it's not in the metabse.xml THIS STILL NOT THE ISSUE, CAN SOMEONE HELP US, We are running Exchange 2003 in cluster mode. Thank you All. : ) Irfan Ali. Removing a SMTP address from Default Recipient Policy Hi, I have multiple SMTP addresses on my default address policy on an Exchange 2003 Server organization. Last week we delete one of those addresses because the hosting of that domain was moved to an ISP. No...

Delivery Options #2
With Delivery Options, I want to be able to schedule a message to be sent even if I am not logged in. Is this possible or do I always need to be logged in for the message to be sent? Depends; -configured with a pst-file as default delivery location; yes, you need to be logged in -configured with an Exchange mailbox as default delivery location; no, you don't need to be logged in -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kate" <anonymous...

highlighting in Excel #2
Is there a function or procedure I might use to accomplish the following I want to enter a "name", have excel check a table (within the spreadsheet say from A3 to H9) for that name, when found, it should highlight it in each cell that it is found Thank you very much. :) Hi Linda You can use conditional formatting for this 1) Select A3 to H 2) Format>Conditional_Formatting on the pull down men 3) Cell Value is / equal to / Click on name cell or enter reference (ex. =$A$1 4) Click on Format button and select highlighting Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M...

Serial Numbers #2
We are unable to enter some serial numbers that been returned. We receive an error "Serial numbers must be entered for the selected site". The serial number exists in the following tables: SOP10201 IV30400 IV00200 How can I fix this? We get the same issue and something funky happens to serial numbers when returned. Running inventory reconcile fixes it. Need to track this down and report it to Microsoft... "Troyz" wrote: > We are unable to enter some serial numbers that been returned. We receive an > error "Serial numbers must be entered for the sel...

Linking AD Users To A Public Folder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E.8E4E6A90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I have a list of external (Non-Exchange) contacts created within an = organizational unit in Win2000. I would like to have a public folder = that links to this OU so certain people can view / change the contact = information as necessary. I'm using Exchange 2000. Can this be done? Thanks, --=20 Jason Silva York County FCU IT Manager BS-IT Student - UOP ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5305E....

Freezing Cells #2
Here's the problem, I like the idea about being able to freeze the the panes of a worksheet. However I would like to freeze certain cells, for example I want to just freeze I1 through I10. The freeze panes option grabs A1 through I10 which is not what I want. Any ideas on how I could get around this? Scott Scott, You can't freeze only part of a row or column. Freeze works only on entire rows and/or columns. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Illusvfyre" <sboisvert@cox.net> wrote in message news:C...

Please Help! #2
I closed a Publisher file without saving. is there any way of recovering? Publisher help wrote: > I closed a Publisher file without saving. is there any way of recovering? Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

password protect a workbook #2
Hi, Is there any way to protect a workbook so it cannot be OPENED by another user? Thanks! Hi Joyce yes, do file / SAVE AS click on the TOOLS item on the Save in Window Choose GENERAL OPTIONS and you can set a password for opening the workbook. Cheers JulieD "joyce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ec01c4a640$8feedbd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there any way to protect a workbook so it cannot be > OPENED by another user? > Thanks! File-Save as-Choose Tools-General options. "Password to open" **** Hope it helps! **...