Borders

Hi

I need to do a border with rounded corners.  Is this possible with
Publisher 2002 and if so how?

Thanks

Andy

0
Oshiponga

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Oshiponga <andy_hodson{nospam}@hotmail.com>...
> I need to do a border with rounded corners.  Is this possible with
> Publisher 2002 and if so how?

You can use a Rounded Rectangle AutoShape, or if it's BorderArt you're
after, you can check the Clip Organiser and the Design Gallery Online

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6342)

publisher borders do not print
I create a party invite with standard graphic borders When I inverse the card part of the border does not print on my epson R2400 printer altho the borders appear on the screen. The border appears in print when not inversed. How do I get the border to print. Is your printer capable to print to the edge? Most aren't. -- Don Vancouver, USA "popchorn" <popchorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:264CFA3E-B72D-4F17-86DF-C9B3E398AAFF@microsoft.com... >I create a party invite with standard graphic borders When I inverse the >card > part of the bo...

Can onmouseover change row borders?
I have a datagrid with alternating bg colors, and I added an onmouseover event to shade them yet another color. Here's the way Google taught me to do it: If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Or e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseover", "this.style.backgroundColor='#DFCBFF'") End If If e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.Item Then e.Item.Attributes.Add("onmouseout", "this.style.backgroundColor='White'") Elseif e.Item.ItemType = ListItemType.AlternatingItem Then e.Item.Attribu...

A Publisher 2003 Border Art tip
An user (Trish) emailed me this tip and it does work. Many users get the message about a clip art image being too complex to use as Border Art in Publisher 2003, I am one of them. The workaround is to right-click the Publisher icon and run as Administrator. Create the Border Art, the next time you open Publisher you don't have run as Administrator, the Border Art will open okay. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ ...

VBA Borders in Excel 2007
The code below is designed to put medium outline and thin inside borders on each page of a mulitpage excel worksheet. It used the BeforePrint event to do this. It worked in Excel 2003 but in 2007 on a 2 page worksheet when it calls Sub MixedBorders the bottom medium border gets erased on the first page. What do I need to change? Or is this a bug in 2007? Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) FormatBeforePrint End Sub Public Sub FormatBeforePrint() Dim startRow As Long Dim endRow As Long Dim startColumn As Integer Dim endCo...

Transparent Cell Borders For Formula Cells?
Hey guys, I've searched high and low for a solution to this, and as a last resort, I've come to the forums for some help. For range C1:ZZ3 , I have the following formulas, C1 : =IF(DAY(C$3)=1,CHOOSE(MONTH(C $3),"JAN","FEB","MAR","APR","MAY","JUN","JUL","AUG","SEP","OCT","NOV","DEC"),"") C2: =CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(C$3),"S","M","T","W","T","F","S") C3: = DATE + 1 (Incrementing the initial date...

Table Cell Borders
Is there any way to change the length of a table cell border? I would like the border lines to be shorter so that they do not meet in the corners. No. It is either on or off for printable borders. But borders can be set on a cell by cell basis. So maybe you could work around this by adding a narrow row with equal columns to the left and right to the top and bottom of your table. Add a border to just the horizontal centre cell of the row so it simulates short borders for the table. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP <faceman28208@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8922a351...

Office 2007 programs create unwanted borders
My organization runs Office 2007 on both Windows XP Pro clients and Windows 7 Enterprise. Recently we have been noticing a problem with inserted images in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007 where you insert an image into your document and save it, and the software puts a black border on the top and the left sides of the image. We can remove the border from most Word docs by saving the file in the previous version, which we don't want to do. We can also 'sometimes' remove the border by formatting the image and removing the countour color from the 3D properties. Removi...

border colors and style
I have different border colors in my sheet and i would like to make them all the same. how can i do that without redrawing them all? the same with color fill of a cell. Select the entire sheet by clicking the top left-hand corner box (above row 1 and to the left of column A), then set your desired border and fill colour. -- David Biddulph ralf wrote: > I have different border colors in my sheet and i would like to make > them all the same. how can i do that without redrawing them all? > the same with color fill of a cell. Suppose you like all EXISTING borders ...

Removing Cell Borders
Is it possible in Excel 2007 to remove just a portion of a cell border (i.e. remove bottom border and leave top and sides)? This was accomplished in Excel 2003 by clicking on the Bottom Border icon and it would either add or remove for that cell. In 2007, this functionality aoppears to be gone. It looks like you have to use the remove border icon which removes all borders? Right click>FormatCElls> and check out the tab 'Borders' -- Jacob "Tim" wrote: > Is it possible in Excel 2007 to remove just a portion of a cell border (i.e. > remove ...

Print Border Problem
Hi, I would like to print brochures for my company but I cannot find a way to print to the very edge of the page. there is always a thick white border around my pictures. Is there any way I can get rid of this? I would appreciate any help forthcoming. Jonathan On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:37:04 +0000, Jonny wrote (in article <D4B4EBA4-C010-4A66-8C0B-233E6C243127@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > > I would like to print brochures for my company but I cannot find a way to > print to the very edge of the page. > > there is always a thick white border around my pictures. > &...

Border around header
How can I put a border around the header when it prints? Any help would be appreciated. Not sure how to do it to a header, but as an alternative, you could place your header information in the first few rows and format it as you need it. Then, from the sheet tab on File-Page Setup, choose those rows in the 'Rows to repeat at top' box. hth Gary "mato nanjin" wrote: > How can I put a border around the header when it prints? Any help would be > appreciated. > > If you're using xl2002 or higher, you could create a picture (nothing but borders) and...

how can i place a border around a business card edge?
One way (Publisher 2000) would be click on the business card to activate the text box then, select Format Line/Boarder style More styles Boarder art tab Select from the list (or create custom tab if you wish something else) Select boarder size OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Dierenarts" <Dierenarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9408EF76-2AF0-4AF6-B453-217633B553CC@microsoft.com... > Ahhhh............ extract the "a" from the borders; we don't want any bodies laying around. <G> 286 brain trying to handle...

Printing border lines
I have a new computer that I have Excel 2002 on. I have the same programs on other computers as well, but this new one has decided to arbitrarily not print lines. I can go to the print preview and all the lines show, I go to print it and it leaves a line off. On one of the projects it is the vertical line on another it is the horizontal line. Is there a fix for this kind of glitch. I have never had this happen to me before unless it was that I happen to leave the line off. It is confusing because I can view it but it won't print it. Please help. ...

borders and gridlines not holding
i'm putting borders in my chart and requesting gridlines be printed. neither is happening. it's not my printer: when i go into print preview the borders aren't showing even tho they're on the worksheet. i've done the most obvious things in preview, set up, etc but can't make them appear. Heeeeeeeeeelp, please! ...

custom border orientation
I created a custom border using a picture I have but when it creates the border the orientation of the picture is the same all the way round, instead of turning the bottom of the picure to point towards the center. What Iwant is ...On the left side pointing right on the right side pointing left and on the bottom pointing up. How do you change that? Works something like this. Insert your border with the resizing node on the side edge re-size until you have just one row of art, copy, paste, flip. Do the same with the top and bottom. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ h...

C++ OLE automation
Hi, ive done a small program using OLE automation but I still don't know how to put borders on some cells This is the MACRO code, but I need to translate it to something the VC+ +/OLE2 can understand, but I have no clue on how to do that. Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ' Range("B10:I50").Select Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalDown).LineStyle = xlNone Selection.Borders(xlDiagonalUp).LineStyle = xlNone With Selection.Borders(xlEdgeLeft) .LineStyle = xlContinuous .ColorIndex = 0 .TintAndShade = 0 .Weight = xlThin En...

Odd white border around full bleed Publisher 2003 files
About 2 weeks ago, I could print full bleed pictures. I don't know what changed, but now I cannot. I have an 8.5 x 11 sized publisher file that I'd like to print full bleeds. My HP Deskjet 6940 WILL allow full bleed printing (I can print jpeg files and other files full bleed just fine). When I try to print my publisher file full bleed, I start at Page Setup, then under Printer and Paper I choose Properties. Then I choose Printing Shortcuts and select Photo Printing - Borderless. It defaults as 4x6 landscape. I change it to 8.5x11 portrait and click OK. Then I click OK in the in...

jpeg file created from Publisher page has unwanted line border.
I'm trying to create a jpeg file copying a page of a Publisher 2007 document so I can change its size and reuse it elsewhere. The jpeg file has an unwanted thin line border on left and top. Why? How to get rid of it? ...

Making a CWnd Border ?
Hi guys, I want to make my CWnd-derived classes draw their own borders. I'd like to draw my border and also reduce the client size by the border size, so if I call GetClientRect() it will be the area inside the border. What's the best way to do this ? Thank you, Robert A. Look at NcCalcRect and OnNcPaint. joe On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:17:51 -0400, "Robert A." <invalid@invalid.org> wrote: >Hi guys, > >I want to make my CWnd-derived classes draw their own borders. > >I'd like to draw my border and also reduce the client size by the border &g...

border color problems
Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3 My Border Color is set to Automatic. When I use the Borders Toolbar button to make some borders on a cell(s), the color is always light Grey. When I highlight these same cells and right click/Format Cells and click on the drop down arrow for Color, the square next to 'Automatic' appears to be black, but the style box above shows Grey lines. How can I change this to Black? Thanks The default border colour should be controlled by your Window settings. You can change those in the Control panel, under Display On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. C...

Page Borders
I have an excel file consisting of several pages.I would like to create Outline borders for each of those Pages.Is there any way of doing this by means of macros? Thank You, Swami. You can certainly look at the pagebreaks, hpagebreaks and vpagebreaks collections to find you pagebreaks an put in borders. However, I have found Excel doesn't print the border on the last row, so you might need to inset it. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Swaminathan <ssankaran@vsnl.net> wrote in message news:OMO1ncKkDHA.2536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have an excel file consisting of several pages.I...

How do I remove page border in Publisher
There is a white border all around my publication. How do I remove it to have the pictures flush to the margin of the page. It is your printer margin limitations. Read the printer documentation to determine the margins... Most printers cannot print to the edge. If you have a full bleed printer you can print on larger stock and cut away the margin. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "doranrita" <doranrita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A5C9470-BA39-4959-8FD5-8D98C3F71920@microsoft.co...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

cut removes border as well as contents
hi guys, i've created an excel worksheet that holds names in work groups. when i cut a name out of one workgroup to paste into another it removes the border as well. any ideas? i'm using excel 2000 regards bill Yes, Cut moves all aspects of a cell. The alternative is a copy/paste, followed by a Clear Contents of the source cell. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP thanks jim, i was hoping to protect the borders from people accidentally removing them in the event that they cuts the contents from one cell to paste into another regards bill "Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail...

How do you change the preset borders on the Formating Tool bar?
There are preset borders available to use on the Formatting Tool bar and some of them have changed from standard lines to thick lines and I don't know how I did it or how to change them back? Just click them on or off. Please hit yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "wfmcguigan" wrote: > There are preset borders available to use on the Formatting Tool bar and some > of them have changed from standard lines to thick lines and I don't know how > I did it or how to change them back? My border tool on Formatting Toolbar has both regular ...